ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference, this video shows several bridges in that spot. There’s the 295 bridge, which isn’t super high, and just south of where the car supposedly was. Then there’s the railroad tracks bridge, the bridge on Middle Road, and a much higher bridge on Allen Ave, further inland, which you can see briefly in the video. If she did make her way into the water, it would only make sense to have been from the 295 bridge vicinity. If the car was indeed facing northbound, she’d have to cross on foot over the northbound and southbound lanes of 295, and go through brush and trees to get to the tracks or to Middle Road. In which case, why leave the car in the northbound breakdown lane of the highway? Why not just park on Middle Road or Allen Ave where there’s less traffic that time of day. Regardless, I still suspect foul play, not self harm, and hopefully some more info will come in soon to start putting pieces together.

Sheesh, I'm so confused. As I understand the conflicting statements given, whatever direction she'd been driving in, she left the car and walked against traffic.

Why the hell are we not seeing pressers, especially with family? This whole thing is really odd. All of the questions we keep posing need to be answered.

Last edited:
And don’t forget the black hat - one would think that might turn up. Which gets me to thinking. I’ve probably read it a hundred times - “the day she went missing, she was wearing a black jacket and pants, a black hat and shoes”. Says who? The tow truck driver who zipped past her? Who provided that clothing description? Does that mean her daughter saw her that morning? It would help to know in order to narrow the window of activity early Tuesday morning. I think it’s highly likely that the car was there before dawn but that could easily be ruled out depending on the source of the clothing comment.

Yes, this another question ("says who") that has to be cleared up. Someone local, who chose not to get verified, I guess, said her daughter was staying with friends but that's not confirmed. Someone made this claim about how she was dressed and that's all we know.

Such a poorly reported case!

Right, sorry. I think one is a train bridge. Middle Road is Route 9 and I drove it today, it parallels 295 and it's a vast area to cover.

At the beginning of that video, are we looking at three or four bridges? I see the road closest to the bottom of the screen which appears to have traffic moving in two directions. Then, perhaps, RR/train tracks? Then, a little higher, one way traffic and another with one way traffic (opposite direction). Are the top two the interstate - north and southbound being two separate bridges? Whatever the case, we don't even know where her car was or which way (away from or toward a bridge) she was allegedly walking.

This case is so confusing. I agree--how do we know for sure what she was wearing? Is this description only coming from the tow truck driver who saw a woman walking along this highway dressed like this? I doubt the tow truck driver knew her personally, so how can he say for sure it was her? Or is LE just saying assuming it was likely her if someone saw a woman walking near her car at that time? Did the tow truck driver see her exit her car and start walking, or was this person just walking in the vicinity of her car?

So many unanswered questions and these are just a few of them. I am not sure what to think about what happened to her. Regardless, I hope she is found.

At the beginning of that video, are we looking at three or four bridges? I see the road closest to the bottom of the screen which appears to have traffic moving in two directions. Then, perhaps, RR/train tracks? Then, a little higher, one way traffic and another with one way traffic (opposite direction). Are the top two the interstate - north and southbound being two separate bridges? Whatever the case, we don't even know where her car was or which way (away from or toward a bridge) she was allegedly walking.

Does this screenshot help at all? It's one bridge with a median for 295 north and south-bound, plus a train bridge (separate and parallel) and then the bridge that goes over the Presumpscot on Allen Ave Ext (also parallel but a ways away).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-234331_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-234331_Maps.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 29
And don’t forget the black hat - one would think that might turn up. Which gets me to thinking. I’ve probably read it a hundred times - “the day she went missing, she was wearing a black jacket and pants, a black hat and shoes”. Says who? The tow truck driver who zipped past her? Who provided that clothing description? Does that mean her daughter saw her that morning? It would help to know in order to narrow the window of activity early Tuesday morning. I think it’s highly likely that the car was there before dawn but that could easily be ruled out depending on the source of the clothing comment.
Exactly. I thought she was wearing a black hat, but wasn't 100% sure, so I didn't add that in- the hat would have fallen off first in the water, I would think, then possibly a shoe. What's odd is that her license is missing and they have assumed she took it with her to get gas with some cash- er, what made them come to that conclusion, I wonder?

A tow truck driver followed the parents to a gas station because the vehicle was low in gas, so perhaps that was where the thought came from about her running out of gas possibly.

Even the foolish time changed on the tow truck being called by the state trooper- one article said 8:30 am, another said 3 PM. What?!

Then we have the confusion of the bridges and which way she parked and which way she walked- my head is spinning. Over what, five or six details that should be 100% accurate by now?

Does this screenshot help at all? It's one bridge with a median for 295 north and south-bound, plus a train bridge (separate and parallel) and then the bridge that goes over the Presumpscot on Allen Ave Ext (also parallel but a ways away).

Okay, not sure if I got this link right but if this is where we're talking about, it appears to show 295 N & S lanes as two separate bridges:

https://www.maine.gov/mdot/mapviewe...arency=100&center=43.714676,-70.251189&z=1516

Not that it matters much but I'm trying to sort it out. I can't find any maps with the mile markers. We were told both mile maker 9 and exit 9 (two different things) as places she was near.

Following the scenario that the car was not left by AH, the driver could be who was observed walking. Or perhaps there was another car following to pick up the driver. Not much to work with and what we have is uncertain.
That’s along the line I’m thinking. Her car is dumped, an accomplice is in a second vehicle, picking up perp.

From what locals say, hundreds of people go through that area at any given time and no one else has come forward that we know of, to say they also saw a woman walking, facing traffic, so at this point, I have to wonder if that’s even true.

Perhaps quick response from LE to tow the vehicle is because it was abandoned on a major interstate? No owner in sight and she didn't leave a note or a marker tied to the car? Here (in NJ also) if your car breaks down and you have to leave it, tying a flag or scarf or some sort of rag to indicate it's being taken care of is the norm. I've seen vehicles like that along highways frequently.

However, in Hoboken where family lives, your car will be booted or towed almost instantly if parked illegally.

Different places, different operations.
I have seen many, many stickered abandoned cars in Nh and thought it was odd when I moved there because because growing up in Maine, I never saw that. Maybe once since I noticed the Nh ones.

From that referenced article and quote above:
“Heinig’s mother, Anne Heinig, of Harpswell, said she did not know why her daughter was heading toward Portland Nov. 26, and is puzzled by her disappearance.”
If she was heading *toward* Portland from Richmond and worked in Brunswick, makes sense to me, since Brunswick is toward Portland from Richmond on 295.

Hi guys. Just wanted to answer some questions for you guys. Anneliese is a friend of mine since we were in 7th grade. I made an account so I could hopefully help you guys with answers.
Anneliese’s daughter was at a friend’s house Tuesday and Wednesday night. She hadn’t heard from her mom which she thought was strange. She came home Thursday and found everything as it was when she left on Tuesday. She couldn’t reach her mom, and called around to people that normally would’ve seen or heard from her and nobody had. Her daughter then reported her missing.
Anneliese worked in Brunswick, so nobody knows why she was in Portland.
I thought she was seen near a Richmond, and that her car was towed to Portland so her phone was then pinged in Portland.

where was she actually last seen/where was her car found?

Oh, yikes! This quote here:

First, the tow truck driver who took Heinig’s SUV away told her family that she had been traveling south on I-295 toward Portland and the car was found near Exit 9, the Washington Avenue Exit in Portland, the Heinigs said.

Then Falmouth Lt. Jeff Pardue said in an interview with the Press Herald on Monday that the vehicle was traveling north and was found near the Presumpscot River overpass, which is 3 miles north of the Washington Avenue exit.

Um, three miles is a huge difference?
This is interesting. So Portland, not Richmond.

Speculation about Anneliese leaving the vehicle: Since the SUV was registered to her parents, could she be unfamiliar with it? Maybe the low fuel light came on & since she was not the everyday driver, could she have thought it was actually running out of gas right that very moment?Maybe it had an alarm or bell that she wasn't used to & thought the worst? I know from experience, some cars, the gas light comes on & you've got a good 50 miles. Others, when the gas light comes on, it means get to the nearest gas station now. Or perhaps a check engine light?

We do know that it was *almost* out of gas, why her parents had the tow truck driver follow them to a gas station. Maybe it stalled?

Speculation about Anneliese leaving the vehicle: Since the SUV was registered to her parents, could she be unfamiliar with it? Maybe the low fuel light came on & since she was not the everyday driver, could she have thought it was actually running out of gas right that very moment?Maybe it had an alarm or bell that she wasn't used to & thought the worst? I know from experience, some cars, the gas light comes on & you've got a good 50 miles. Others, when the gas light comes on, it means get to the nearest gas station now. Or perhaps a check engine light?

We do know that it was *almost* out of gas, why her parents had the tow truck driver follow them to a gas station. Maybe it stalled?
I got the sense that Anneliese uses her parents car and doesn't have her own vehicle. . It's not a new car, 12 years oold in fact, and I'm feeling that maybe they gave it to her but kept it registered in their names. Or, of course that they lend it to her when she needs it. In any case, I would say she is familiar with the car.

But you are correct in thinking that something signaled to A that the car was having trouble or close to being out of gas. I still don't get why she didn't call for help - AAA or family. JMO

State Police said a trooper spotted Heinig's car unattended Tuesday morning, and the trooper found no cause for concern.

Police said the vehicle was left on the side of the road to allow the owner time to remove the vehicle, which is common in most cases.

Officials said the trooper saw the car a couple of other times during his shift but did not deem it a hazard, due to the low traffic volume on the highway.

BBM

State Police explain their handling of missing woman's vehicle

I got the sense that Anneliese uses her parents car and doesn't have her own vehicle. . It's not a new car, 12 years oold in fact, and I'm feeling that maybe they gave it to her but kept it registered in their names. Or, of course that they lend it to her when she needs it. In any case, I would say she is familiar with the car.

But you are correct in thinking that something signaled to A that the car was having trouble or close to being out of gas. I still don't get why she didn't call for help - AAA or family. JMO

Yeah, I thought that about the car, too. There are probably a hundred reasons the car was registered in their names. A couple I can think of right off the top of my head would be insurance premiums price, she didn't want/couldn't financially do a car payment, or even just not wanting the hassle of changing ownership since they are family.

This one is a real head scratcher.

Since it seems like there might be some confusion about the area:

I-295 bridges (one for each direction) are low and nearest to the ocean.
There's a train trestle next to SB side of I-295 as you move inland, which is higher up than I-295 bridges by a few feet.
On the other side of the trestle as you continue moving inland is Middle road or Route 9, which is slightly lower than the I-295 bridges.
Much farther up the river is the Allen ave bridge, which is significantly higher than any of the other bridges (50 ft or so).
From what I can tell from pictures, her family was on the Allen ave bridge looking south and the police were stationed on the Route 9 bridge.

Anneliese's car was supposedly found near mile marker 9. Who knows how that was figured out - did the trooper or tow truck driver estimate it was closer to mile marker 9 than mile marker 10? Or did someone look on a map and estimate it? Ironically, going by google street view, mile marker 9 was missing on the southbound side as of a few months ago. If someone estimated the location by driving near the car in person, perhaps it gives credence to prevailing narrative that her car was traveling northbound as there might not have been a mile marker 9 to see on the southbound side. Probably not the case and unimportant, but yet another tiny detail to ponder.

Attachments

• 2019-12-06_8-08-44.jpg
    2019-12-06_8-08-44.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2019-12-06_8-36-17.jpg
    2019-12-06_8-36-17.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online