FL - Shooter among 4 dead, Naval Air Station, Pensacola, 6 Dec 2019

Naval Air Station shooter wrote manifesto condemning US as 'nation of evil:' report

The Saudi national who opened fire in a classroom at a naval air station in Florida Friday morning, killing three before being shot dead by officers, condemned the United States as a “nation of evil” in a post online, reports say.

Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, who was said to be a second lieutenant in a flight training program for foreign military personnel at Naval Air Station Pensacola, posted a short manifesto to Twitter where he claimed to be “against evil,” AFP reported, citing the SITE Intelligence Group.

Naval Air Station shooter wrote manifesto condemning US as 'nation of evil:' report

The Saudi national who opened fire in a classroom at a naval air station in Florida Friday morning, killing three before being shot dead by officers, condemned the United States as a “nation of evil” in a post online, reports say.

Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, who was said to be a second lieutenant in a flight training program for foreign military personnel at Naval Air Station Pensacola, posted a short manifesto to Twitter where he claimed to be “against evil,” AFP reported, citing the SITE Intelligence Group.

Well that's charming: so while he is living among those men, and in this country he was developing a rage and a hate which finally exploded into violence and murder. So, would any of us be naive enough to think many of his countrymen who are also here as Saudi Nationals don't have the same idea? I guess the only gullible people are found in our government--- doesn't make me feel very safe: how about you???

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but there are multiple cases of members and former members of the US military that have done terrible things. Many of those things were done abroad too. I don't think it's fair to be making comments about the saudi people as a whole. US military have been in other countries too, training and working. I hope you don't take this post as an attack but the truth is the truth.

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but there are multiple cases of members and former members of the US military that have done terrible things. Many of those things were done abroad too. I don't think it's fair to be making comments about the saudi people as a whole. US military have been in other countries too, training and working. I hope you don't take this post as an attack but the truth is the truth.

I don't take that as an attack and appreciate your comments. I said that - since he was a Saudi National, my concern would be that there are other Saudi Nationals (and others from the middle east ) who have a burning hatred towards the United States: they hide behind smiles and normal appearances, but like him, they could be planning killing people here in the United States. We were training him to be a pilot: oh the irony.

BBM:

Color me confounded.

I had no idea this type of training of Saudi Arabian military forces was occurring at American bases and on American soil.

Seriously, what did we expect was going to happen?

This practice of training Saudi forces needs to stop, like, yesterday.

The Saudi military is no friend to Israel.

The enemy of my friend is my enemy.

JMO.

From what I understand over a 100 nations have had those in the military trained at our military bases for decades including those from SA.

What is shows it's extremely rare for any of the foreign nationals to do anything like what this man did on a military base.

It does frighten me since our son works fulltime on a large Marine Corps base. However his base checks each person coming in the gate to make sure no one enters with firearms. The only ones allowed to carry firearms are MPs.

How this terrorist was able to bring one on base will be thoroughly investigated as it should be.

As in all professions though unfortunately there will be a few bad apples among the vast majority of very good people in the same profession.

No doubt this one was a Islamic terrorist attack.

I saw on Fox early this morning that 6 Saudi nationals at the base have been held, and are being interrogated by the FBI. It seems three of them were videoing as the Islamic terrorist was shooting innocent victims.

So they all may have been a small cell inside of the base.

The Pentagon must do more to vett everyone from any other nation training on our soil.

I'm surprised though this very important case hasn't gotten more foot traffic here on its own thread.

It is the top story on many other sites.

Jmhoo

"PENSACOLA, Fla. — A man whose dream came true to enroll in the United States Naval Academy to serve his country reportedly was among three people killed in the shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola.

Joshua Kaleb Watson, a 2014 graduate of Enterprise High School in Alabama, died in the Friday shooting, according to WTVY-TV.
Man died a hero in shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola, family says
"He served as squad captain of the school's rifle team and joined the school's Army Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps, National Honor Society and the French Honor Society.

Watson dreamed of attending the Naval Academy, the station reports, and he did just that -- even being named to the Commandant's and Dean's Lists."

cb06b79a-4b9e-4867-91ae-7ac80a7f1fb8_750x422.jpg

Joshua Watson
Enterprise High School, Facebook
WDHN-TV reports, citing family, Watson was shot several times but was able to escape the shooter, telling first responders where to go. He was taken to an area hospital, where he died from his injuries.

The family says he died a hero, WDHN says.

Florida Shooting Updates: Gunman Said to Have Acted Alone
Here’s what you need to know:

U.S. digs into Saudi suspect's motive in Navy shooting
"The U.S. has long had a robust training program for Saudis, providing assistance in the U.S. and in the kingdom. As of this week, there are more than 850 Saudis in the United States for various training activities. They are among more than 5,000 foreign students from 153 countries in the U.S. going through military training.

The Pentagon said Friday that Alshamrani was in the U.S. as part of an Air Force military sales training course, and his participation was funded by Saudi Arabia. His training began in August 2017 and was scheduled to conclude next August, and it included initial pilot training, basic aviation and English-language instruction.

Foreign nationals participating in U.S. training go through a vetting process. The Pentagon said it includes screening for any illicit drug activities, support for terrorist organizations, corruption and criminal conduct. Those who fail to pass the approval process are not issued international travel orders."

"The U.S. has long had a robust training program for Saudis, providing assistance in the U.S. and in the kingdom. As of this week, there are more than 850 Saudis in the United States for various training activities. They are among more than 5,000 foreign students from 153 countries in the U.S. going through military training.

The Pentagon said Friday that Alshamrani was in the U.S. as part of an Air Force military sales training course, and his participation was funded by Saudi Arabia. His training began in August 2017 and was scheduled to conclude next August, and it included initial pilot training, basic aviation and English-language instruction.

Foreign nationals participating in U.S. training go through a vetting process. The Pentagon said it includes screening for any illicit drug activities, support for terrorist organizations, corruption and criminal conduct. Those who fail to pass the approval process are not issued international travel orders."

"The Pentagon said Friday that Alshamrani was in the U.S. as part of an Air Force military sales training course..."

Huh?

"they go through a vetting process"-- Oh good, i feel so much better now-----

I don't take that as an attack and appreciate your comments. I said that - since he was a Saudi National, my concern would be that there are other Saudi Nationals (and others from the middle east ) who have a burning hatred towards the United States: they hide behind smiles and normal appearances, but like him, they could be planning killing people here in the United States. We were training him to be a pilot: oh the irony.

I agree. This horrific case however is not about what others may have done in our military who may be citizens. Actually most of our homicides each year are done by gang members who are in the illegal possession of firearms. If we could magically somehow remove 5 top homicide cities from our nation our overall homicide rate would plummet like a rock.

Painfully this is another mass shooting perpetrated on American soil by another foreign Islamic terrorist.

These kind of fanatical extremist terrorists have been murdering our military in mass for decades overseas or by ramming and blowing up the USS Cole or our Marine barracks killing over 200 of our Marines. etc.

And the worst mass murder in our history was committed by Islamic terrorists who murdered almost 3000 of our citizens, and are still taking precious lives since then, and will for years to come as 100s or perhaps 1000 continue to die because of the deadly toxins from 911 the terrorists reined down on everyone there.

Islamic terrorism is the demonic evil that keeps on taking precious lives like some kind of insatiable monster of hate.

Over the years they have murdered over 2 millions Muslims in so many countries who were peace loving Muslims, and more will die at the barbaric hands of Islamic extremists.

Now that ISIS has lost its territorial land caliphate they are using individual extremists or small cells to continue their mass murders.

Imo, all Islamic terrorists are the most barbaric of all in the way they carryout most of their heinous murders, tortures, and rapes also.

Thank God in the past few years the FBI has been able to stop many of their diabolical plans to murder many of our citizens. There have been numerous Islamic terrorists here who's plans were stopped in time, and have been sent to prison with more who have upcoming trials.

So our CIA, and FBI have been able to stop many before they happened. Christopher Wray said in a hearing they have over a 1000 open cases on average per year involving Islamic extremists in all 50 states. It does show they are infiltrating all states even my own.

Our government law enforcement agencies from local, state, and federal have made great process, but it's only logical they can't catch every one of them like this one who murdered, and injuried many in mass.

Europe has been constantly attacked way too often by these hate filled terrorists. Wherever they are, no matter what country, their only mission is to destroy, maim, and cold bloodily murder as many in mass as possible.

All of the Islamic terrorists extremists are truly the most vile, and dangerous mass murderers the free world faces.

And to know they brutally murder any, and all homosexual shows how vile, and evil they truly are.

Imo, that is why the Islamic extremist, Omar Mateen specifically targeted all of the innocent victims at Pulse Nightclub in Florida leaving 103 in total murdered or seriously injured. :(

Jmhoo

BBM:

This evil creep published an online manifesto.

To say whatever "vetting process" is in place is woefully inadequate would be a huge understatement.

I hope the families of the victims sue both the Saudi and American governments.
Not that it will in any way ameliorate their grief.
There's no recompense for lost lives.

Shame on the US government for not remembering the lessons of 09/11...this tragedy was 100% avoidable.

Which makes it 100% intolerable.

JMO.

From what I understand over a 100 nations have had those in the military trained at our military bases for decades including those from SA.

What is shows it's extremely rare for any of the foreign nationals to do anything like what this man did on a military base.

It does frighten me since our son works fulltime on a large Marine Corps base. However his base checks each person coming in the gate to make sure no one enters with firearms. The only ones allowed to carry firearms are MPs.

How this terrorist was able to bring one on base will be thoroughly investigated as it should be.

As in all professions though unfortunately there will be a few bad apples among the vast majority of very good people in the same profession.

No doubt this one was a Islamic terrorist attack.

I saw on Fox early this morning that 6 Saudi nationals at the base have been held, and are being interrogated by the FBI. It seems three of them were videoing as the Islamic terrorist was shooting innocent victims.

So they all may have been a small cell inside of the base.

The Pentagon must do more to vett everyone from any other nation training on our soil.

I'm surprised though this very important case hasn't gotten more foot traffic here on its own thread.

It is the top story on many other sites.

Jmhoo
bbm

Maybe revenge for the incision and removal of that cancer that was Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ?
Responsible for many deaths of persons from Japan, the UK, and the US --- as well as thousands of civilians within his own country.
He is responsible for the deaths of peaceful muslims who did not buy into his violent, hate-filled rhetoric.
His own countrymen.

And if the Saudi killer was angry about that... AB wasn't executed, he took his own life as well as two of his own children.
Too cowardly to face justice.

Disgusting that the murderers' cohorts were filming as the attack took place.
Innocents who most likely treated the Saudi's with equal respect as their own military members.

Absolutely agree the Pentagon has to do better.
Whether US born or from abroad, people who publish hateful online manifestos need to be profiled and watched.
I am past being worried about hurting someone's 'feelings'.

Joshua Kaleb Watson was only 23 years old. :(
He died a hero.
May he rest in eternal peace.

Last edited:
"PENSACOLA, Fla. — A man whose dream came true to enroll in the United States Naval Academy to serve his country reportedly was among three people killed in the shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola.

Joshua Kaleb Watson, a 2014 graduate of Enterprise High School in Alabama, died in the Friday shooting, according to WTVY-TV.
Man died a hero in shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola, family says
"He served as squad captain of the school's rifle team and joined the school's Army Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps, National Honor Society and the French Honor Society.

Watson dreamed of attending the Naval Academy, the station reports, and he did just that -- even being named to the Commandant's and Dean's Lists."

cb06b79a-4b9e-4867-91ae-7ac80a7f1fb8_750x422.jpg

Joshua Watson
Enterprise High School, Facebook
WDHN-TV reports, citing family, Watson was shot several times but was able to escape the shooter, telling first responders where to go. He was taken to an area hospital, where he died from his injuries.

The family says he died a hero, WDHN says.

My town. He's a local. Our flags are flying half staff.

Saudi suspect in U.S. Navy base attack linked to anti-U.S. Twitter screed
"Six other Saudi nationals were being questioned by investigators in Florida, three of whom were seen filming the incident, the New York Times reported, citing an unidentified person briefed on the initial stages of the investigation.

An uncle of Alshamrani, Saad bin Hantim Alshamrani, told CNN from Saudi Arabia that his nephew was 21, and “likable and mannered toward his family and the community.” He said his nephew “has his religion, his prayer, his honesty and commitments.” If his nephew was guilty, then he will be “accountable before God,” the uncle said.

The younger Alshamrani appeared to have posted a justification of his planned attack in English on Twitter a few hours before it began, according to SITE Intelligence Group, which tracks Islamist extremism on the internet.

He referred to U.S. wars in the Middle East, writing that he hated the American people for “committing crimes not only against Muslims but also humanity,” and criticizing Washington’s support for Israel, SITE’s analysis said. He also quoted bin Laden, the Saudi mastermind of the attacks on the United States on Sept. 11, 2001, according to SITE.

Reuters has not verified the authenticity of the account, @M&MD_SHAMRANI, which was suspended by Twitter on Friday. The FBI declined to answer questions about the account."

Saudi Arabia is where almost every terrorist came from on 9-11. The Royals of Saudi Arabia are trillionaires. What in the heck are we training them for!
Great post.
Do we want another 9/11 ?
How about the FBI and the Pentagon do their jobs and start investigating ?
If anyone posts inflammatory comments about this country ---they need to be looked at and if they claim they've been unfairly profiled or targeted because of this ... that's on them.

And what if those 'filming' the attack had joined in, instead ??
And what if those 'filming' the attack had joined in ?AWe'd be looking at potentially many more deaths.
I cannot imagine what the families of the victims are thinking. This was completely preventable.

Official: Base shooter watched shooting videos before attack

The Saudi student who fatally shot three people at a U.S. naval base in Florida hosted a dinner party earlier in the week where he and three others watched videos of mass shootings, a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Saturday.

<snip>
The official who spoke Saturday said one of the three students who attended the dinner party hosted by the attacker recorded video outside the classroom building while the shooting was taking place. Two other Saudi students watched from a car, the official said.

Ten Saudi students were being held on the base Saturday while several others were unaccounted for, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity after being briefed by federal authorities.

Official: Base shooter watched shooting videos before attack
Ten Saudi students were being held on the base Saturday while several others were unaccounted for, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity after being briefed by federal authorities.
bbm
snipped for focus.

Hopefully they're just on the run and not planning further attacks !

Rest in peace, Mohammed Haitham !

DM says that he also died trying to shield others from the gunfire. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member