Mississippi mashed potatoes mystery

Indy Anna

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...borhood/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9ecfc0ba9952

Was it a poorly conceived plot to poison neighborhood pets? A bizarre prank? A weird guerrilla marketing stunt sponsored by the potato lobby? A cryptic omen requiring careful interpretation, like the bird signs and animal tracks studied by augurers in ancient Rome, and potentially foretelling stranger times to come?

All of these questions, and more, surround the mysterious bowls of mashed potatoes that turned up on doorsteps, in mailboxes and on top of parked cars in one neighborhood in Jackson, Miss., this week.

“What does it mean?” local television station WLBT wondered. “And will they strike again?”

The inscrutable tubers appear to have first been discovered by residents of the historic Belhaven neighborhood on Tuesday morning. At around 7 a.m., Jordan Lewis, who has lived in the neighborhood for five years, walked outside and spotted a bowl resting against the windshield of her cherry-red car, where you might normally expect to find a parking ticket or concert flier. Rain had fallen overnight, and at first, she thought the watery, glue-colored mush had once been potato salad.

Mystery of the Mashed Potatoes: Mississippi Residents Stumped by Bowls of Spuds Left Around Neighborhood

Perplexed Mississippians said they have been left stumped by the numerous bowls of mashed potatoes that have been left in various spots across their neighborhood, according to reports.

The spuds have appeared on top of cars, porches and mailboxes in the Belhaven neighborhood of Jackson, according to residents, who described their community as an already quirky place to live.

Neighbors find bowls of 'mystery mashed potatoes' in their front yard

After posting to Facebook, Jordan Lewis found she wasn't alone, several others said they also found a bowl of potatoes on their property.

"They've found it on their mailboxes, on their cars... So we don't know if someone is just playing a prank or if someone just had a lot of leftovers," Lewis joked.

images

The day before Thanksgiving, 2018, I went to the optical department at my ophthalmologist's office to have my glasses adjusted. I asked the optician if she was cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and she told me that she was going to her daughter's after work and that they were going to make Mississippi Pot Roast in a slow cooker. I had never heard of it and said that I would read about it when I got home. There were dozens of recipes, most of which had pretty much the same ingredients. I'm not crazy about pepperoncini which is probably why I've never made the popular southern dish. I haven't made Pot Roast yet this winter, so maybe I'll give this one a try. I will reduce the amount of pepperoncini so I don't end up with a bad case of heartburn :D Bon Appetit!

The day before Thanksgiving, 2018, I went to the optical department at my ophthalmologist's office to have my glasses adjusted. I asked the optician if she was cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and she told me that she was going to her daughter's after work and that they were going to make Mississippi Pot Roast in a slow cooker. I had never heard of it and said that I would read about it when I got home. There were dozens of recipes, most of which had pretty much the same ingredients. I'm not crazy about pepperoncini which is probably why I've never made the popular southern dish. I haven't made Pot Roast yet this winter, so maybe I'll give this one a try. I will reduce the amount of pepperoncini so I don't end up with a bad case of heartburn :D Bon Appetit!

It does sound good.

now hold on:

View attachment 219570

Art installation in Philadelphia!

JMHO YMMV

You crack me up! Sooooo wish you had been in Olde City with me when they used to have "First Friday's". I'm telling ya a humongous pile of banana peels in various degrees of decay was priced pretty high.

Banana peels? Taters? It's alll art or in this case poisioning a dog? Gosh forn
bid, but honestly all. that to poision?

Gonna go dream of Dali and his Losbster shell telephone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back