GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmm. I don't believe he doesn't have a closer connection than that. He can barely wipe his own backside without help from someone else. So him getting drugs from some Rando doesn't make sense to me. JMO.
Plus, if some random dude sold him the drugs why be so adamant he’ll take that info with him to the grave? He’s perfectly comfortable killing his kids but would feel too bad if he tattled on random dude? I bet not.

He’s protecting someone and through this entire nightmare he’s only shown interest in protecting one person (other than his evil self). No mystery here.

From that article:

CrimeOnline has not independently verified the authenticity of the letter. Much of what Watts reportedly wrote to the author conflicts with interviews he gave detectives at the beginning of the investigation and a subsequent interview he gave law enforcement agents from prison earlier this year. Watts had previously characterized his wife’s murder as a spontaneous crime of passion, and had not admitted to planning or even considering the murders before then. The letter shared by the Daily Mail is also the first known instance Watts admitted to the earlier attempt to kill his daughters. As CrimeOnline previously reported, Watts also indicated that he may not have been as certain as he claimed to investigators that the girls were dead when he dropped their bodies into separate oil tankers.

OMG, that is so nauseating and horrible to read. Anyway, you have to take into consideration he lies. I don't believe that Shannan would have taken anything he gave her and I don't think he could have slipped into a drink where she wouldn't taste it because most prescription drugs are bitter. Don't ever expect the truth out of this guy.
Yep, he lies. He lies for no apparent reason. He lies even when the lies reflect even more poorly on him than would the truth. Who knows why? Maybe for sport. Maybe because he likes messing w/everyone. Maybe because he’s an idiot. Maybe all 3 plus more.

Who knows what makes his evil pea-sized brain tick. All I know for sure is we’ll never know anything for sure because he lies.

We know he lies, but Shan’ann didn’t. She loved him and trusted him. Even if the marriage was a shambles it would never occur to her he might scheme to cause her or the baby harm. I have no idea if he drugged her or not. But IMO odds are high if he tried, then he succeeded.

Yep, he lies. He lies for no apparent reason. He lies even when the lies reflect even more poorly on him than would the truth. Who knows why? Maybe for sport. Maybe because he likes messing w/everyone. Maybe because he’s an idiot. Maybe all 3 plus more.

Who knows what makes his evil pea-sized brain tick. All I know for sure is we’ll never know anything for sure because he lies.

We know he lies, but Shan’ann didn’t. She loved him and trusted him. Even if the marriage was a shambles it would never occur to her he might scheme to cause her or the baby harm. I have no idea if he drugged her or not. But IMO odds are high if he tried, then he succeeded.

Thank you! Excellent post! All you say is true, especially about CW and his lies! I never believed Shab’ann lied and I don’t believe she ever hid behind a false facade! From all I have read and seen, I believe she was always honest, open, and a wonderful person! . CW, on the other hand, is an onion of falsehood and dishonesty; layer after layer of evil and monstrosity!

CW made four confessions, that we know of; the first blaming Shan’ann, the second when he pleaded guilty, the third Feb. 2019, and the letters to Cadle. All contain lies and inconsistencies! All contradict each other! All are a very small peep-hole into a very broken, evil mind! I feel certain there will be another confession at some point.

I would like to see Shan’ann, Bella, Cece, and Niko continue to be honored and remembered. I would like to see the Ruzeks and Shan’ann’s dear friends find peace, and I would really, really like for CW to just go away and stay gone, rotting in his own monstrosity! That is why I seldom visit here anymore and why I don’t read the books or watch the specials. How much new truth can there be?

Last edited:
NK is such a liar, too.

If any good can come out of this horror, with so many people who have followed it, I hope it stops at least one person, inclined toward messing with someone who is married, from doing it. While I'm sure she never considered such terrible possibilities, her disregard for a family and her selfish need for attention was a major contributing factor in these horrible murders. Wow, I would not want that karma or to have to live knowing what I helped to set in motion.
I doubt it will stop NK from globbing onto another married man with children involved. I do not for one fraction of second believe she's not enjoying the chaos,and damage,and manipulating a man to kill not only another woman,but their children as well. Getting them out of the way all for NK. Then walking off into the sunset. Only looking back to view the remains of a well planned scorched Earth campaign. Letting out her creepy giggle,and fake "Theyyyyyy're so leeeettttle, sniff,sniff. "I'm a victim, I need witness protection, This is all about Meeeeeeeeeeee."
MOO

Thank you! Excellent post! All you say is true, especially about CW and his lies! I never believed Shab’ann lied and I don’t believe she ever hid behind a false facade! From all I have read and seen, I believe she was always honest, open, and a wonderful person! . CW, on the other hand, is an onion of falsehood and dishonesty; layer after layer of evil and monstrosity!

CW made four confessions, that we know of; the first blaming Shan’ann, the second when he pleaded guilty, the third Feb. 2019, and the letters to Cadle. All contain lies and inconsistencies! All contradict each other! All are a very small peep-hole into a very broken, evil mind! I feel certain there will be another confession at some point.

I would like to see Shan’ann, Bella, Cece, and Niko continue to be honored and remembered. I would like to see the Ruzeks and Shan’ann’s dear friends find peace, and I would really, really like for CW to just go away and stay gone, rotting in his own monstrosity! That is why I seldom visit here anymore and why I don’t read the books or watch the specials. How much new truth can there be?
I don’t disagree with you, especially about the book. But the new special was worth watching, IMO. No new truth, but good information from the investigators about why they questioned him the way they did, what their feelings were as they were talking to him, etc. agent Tammy says she believes the confession he gave in February. And I believe her. I didn’t think it was possible, but I have even more respect for her and the other LE involved in this case than I already had. They did a LOT to address the lies about Shanann in this special.

I just finished watching Chris Watts on Criminal Confessions on Oxygen. Those detectives did a great job with that freak. I’m glad Shanann’s family agreed to the freak’s plea deal, he’ll never get out of prison. As far as him hearing, every night the words his sweet babies said, I don’t believe it. <modsnip> I hope he is never given another chance to speak publicly again. He is pure evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished watching Chris Watts on Criminal Confessions on Oxygen. Those detectives did a great job with that freak. I’m glad Shanann’s family agreed to the freak’s plea deal, he’ll never get out of prison. As far as him hearing, every night the words his sweet babies said, I don’t believe it. <modsnip> I hope he is never given another chance to speak publicly again. He is pure evil.

Hate to say it, but I think he's going to keep trying to be in the public eye. He's going to say more and worse provocative tales, all under the false front of religiosity. I think the lid blew off his demonic psyche and he's got the bit between his teeth now. MOO of course. And I think one big motivator for him is to try to reach his "true luv" NK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t disagree with you, especially about the book. But the new special was worth watching, IMO. No new truth, but good information from the investigators about why they questioned him the way they did, what their feelings were as they were talking to him, etc. agent Tammy says she believes the confession he gave in February. And I believe her. I didn’t think it was possible, but I have even more respect for her and the other LE involved in this case than I already had. They did a LOT to address the lies about Shanann in this special.
I agree. This show was a great example of how true crime should be covered. It was fact based, thorough and even handed without being sterile or overly dramatic. They people interviewed had first hand knowledge and were chosen because they could provide insight into the investigation. I thought the investigators, Rourk and Nate all did a wonderful job.

Even after following the case so closely, I found this show interesting. And for people not as aware who want to learn, IMO it serves as an excellent resource.

MOD NOTE:

UNFORTUNATELY THIS THREAD HAS TAKEN A PHILOSOPHICAL TURN INTO A HEATED DEBATE ABOUT A TOPIC THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RESOLVE HERE. THE ARGUING AND BICKERING AND OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION ARE ALL VIOLATIONS OF TOS. THIS THREAD IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR CLEANUP.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

THIS THREAD IS NOW OPEN.
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL TO KEEP YOUR DISCUSSION ON THIS HORRIFICALLY SPECIFIC CRIME ONLY, AND NOT ON A GENERAL DEBATE ABOUT HOW TRUE CRIME STORIES ARE PORTRAYED IN OUR CULTURE AND MEDIA. IF THE CONVERSATION VEERS IN THAT DIRECTION AGAIN, THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED FOR A LONGER PERIOD.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO POST RESPECTFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Last edited:
I only watched a few minutes of the Oxygen special where Tammy talked about giving him the idea to blame Shanann. I understand her priority was to locate Shanann at the time. But hadn't they already located Shanann's burial site by that point and seen Bella's hair on the hatch as well as noticing both hatches had been opened recently?

I still don't understand why CW wasn't at least held for questioning during the wellness check and the home secured as a probable crime scene. Since the front door was latched from the inside and the car and car seats were still in the garage, it should have been obvious that the only way they left that house was in his truck. The neighbor's security camera would have picked up Shanann's leaving through the garage with the girls.

On top of all that CW was acting very suspicious, especially when watching the security footage at Nate's. CW even said during the prison interview and in a letter to Cadle that he thought the jig was up right then. If only they had looked at the footage more closely then and identified what was likely him picking up Bella and putting her into the truck. Even if they had just bluffed him knowing that he was walking back and forth loading his truck, he admitted that he would have completely spilled the beans right then.

And did LE seriously need Frank Rzucek to tell them to check the truck GPS????

IIRC, Nate also told the detectives that CW knew about the camera angle because he asked for some footage a couple weeks beforehand, using the lie that his truck had been broken into as an excuse. Given that CW knew what the camera would pick up and her car was was still in the garage, he thought he was already busted.

Doesn't it stand to reason that he had a plan to dispose of her car, but didn't count on the wellness check? I don't believe he has ever been questioned about his plans for her car, which could turn up whether he had an accomplice or not.
MOO

I only watched a few minutes of the Oxygen special where Tammy talked about giving him the idea to blame Shanann. I understand her priority was to locate Shanann at the time. But hadn't they already located Shanann's burial site by that point and seen Bella's hair on the hatch as well as noticing both hatches had been opened recently?

I still don't understand why CW wasn't at least held for questioning during the wellness check and the home secured as a probable crime scene. Since the front door was latched from the inside and the car and car seats were still in the garage, it should have been obvious that the only way they left that house was in his truck. The neighbor's security camera would have picked up Shanann's leaving through the garage with the girls.

On top of all that CW was acting very suspicious, especially when watching the security footage at Nate's. CW even said during the prison interview and in a letter to Cadle that he thought the jig was up right then. If only they had looked at the footage more closely then and identified what was likely him picking up Bella and putting her into the truck. Even if they had just bluffed him knowing that he was walking back and forth loading his truck, he admitted that he would have completely spilled the beans right then.

And did LE seriously need Frank Rzucek to tell them to check the truck GPS????

IIRC, Nate also told the detectives that CW knew about the camera angle because he asked for some footage a couple weeks beforehand, using the lie that his truck had been broken into as an excuse. Given that CW knew what the camera would pick up and her car was was still in the garage, he thought he was already busted.

Doesn't it stand to reason that he had a plan to dispose of her car, but didn't count on the wellness check? I don't believe he has ever been questioned about his plans for her car, which could turn up whether he had an accomplice or not.
MOO

I think it all went down very fast, actually. They had him at the police station getting grilled but knew nothing until their prodding got him to start confessing. I think it was just a couple of days by the time that happened. Police can't act on suspicion so, no they couldn't move any faster. They have to have probable cause. They used the interrogations to get what they needed and once they got it, he never left jail after that. They did a good job.

I think it all went down very fast, actually. They had him at the police station getting grilled but knew nothing until their prodding got him to start confessing. I think it was just a couple of days by the time that happened. Police can't act on suspicion so, no they couldn't move any faster. They have to have probable cause. They used the interrogations to get what they needed and once they got it, he never left jail after that. They did a good job.

I just remember thinking how arrogant CW was to never contact an attorney -- he really thought he was smarter than everybody else.

I recall that CW went to the police station after his porch interview and Tammy told him they were going to do a polygraph exam the next morning. I remember he spent the night at another couple's home and they were appalled at how sat there eating pizza as if he didn't have a concern in the world -- definitely no visible concern for his missing family. :eek:

The next morning CW went to the airport to collect his dad and they returned to the police station where CW took the polygraph, was arrested, and never a free man again.

Guilty or not, I couldn't imagine not seeking legal advice during his last hours of freedom. Letting him leave the police station that evening was a gift and instead, CW ate pizza as if it was game night.

SMH...

I just remember thinking how arrogant CW was to never contact an attorney -- he really thought he was smarter than everybody else.

I recall that CW went to the police station after his porch interview and Tammy told him they were going to do a polygraph exam the next morning. I remember he spent the night at another couple's home and they were appalled at how sat there eating pizza as if he didn't have a concern in the world -- definitely no visible concern for his missing family. :eek:

The next morning CW went to the airport to collect his dad and they returned to the police station where CW took the polygraph, was arrested, and never a free man again.

Guilty or not, I couldn't imagine not seeking legal advice during his last hours of freedom. Letting him leave the police station that evening was a gift and instead, CW ate pizza as if it was game night.

SMH...

I kind of wondered if Chris thought that maybe asking for a lawyer would make him look like he had something to hide. I'm amazed his dad didn't insist on one. It would only have delayed the inevitable, though.

I remember thinking, when his Dad said "so she killed Bella and CeCe" if he , the Dad really believed that. I think the Dad did not believe Shanann killed her daughters.
But he had already given a toxic account knocking Shanann, just a few minutes before, right there in the office. I think that was the one where he said she was always sitting on her behind, on the telephone, while sweet Chris did all the work in the house and took care of the kids. Was that also the interview where Ronnie said that Shanann was bipolar as though he would know anything about diagnosing mental health problems? And don't forget he had that doll photo all ready to show the FBI/CBI, ready to blame that on SW. That photo was sent by CW to SW's phone. How/When did Ronnie get it? I think they discussed a whole lot more than sports on the way back from the airport.

But he had already given a toxic account knocking Shanann, just a few minutes before, right there in the office. I think that was the one where he said she was always sitting on her behind, on the telephone, while sweet Chris did all the work in the house and took care of the kids. Was that also the interview where Ronnie said that Shanann was bipolar as though he would know anything about diagnosing mental health problems? And don't forget he had that doll photo all ready to show the FBI/CBI, ready to blame that on SW. That photo was sent by CW to SW's phone. How/When did Ronnie get it? I think they discussed a whole lot more than sports on the way back from the airport.

OH WOW! YES I think you're right. The ride from the airport, of course, they would have plenty of time to fabricate a story, blaming Shanann.

SW posted the photo of the doll on facebook. That's where RW pulled it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member