GUILTY NJ - Detective Joseph Seals, slain, 5 others killed including 2 suspects, Jersey City, 9 Dec 2019

This is a very important organization in more conservative communities as they advocate and ensure that deceased people are handled in accordance with the religion's practices.

That's great to know. Thanks for the information Kaen.

All of the victims must be honored, and given the utmost respect, and dignity.

Jmho

Jersey City Mayor:

Detective Joe Seals (sp?): Deceased veteran (possibly/approx 15 yrs) PO, husband & father of 5 children

Chief Kelly:

Call came in that shots were fired

Engaged LE with high power rifle fire

At same time, call came in that officer was down in nearby area (cemetery)

Perimeter set up; Called for city wide assist; other counties jumped in, State Police, NYPD, FBI

Gunfire exchanged for hours - 2 more officers hit

Crime Scene: 3 locations, at least

1 stolen vehicle - the U-Haul Van

Don't know details re plains clothes detective and interactions with suspects at cemetery

No inkling what motive was yet

Last edited:
Saw a couple people wearing jackets with this organization arriving on scene (live video on CBS)
Misaskim
This is a very important organization in more conservative communities as they advocate and ensure that deceased people are handled in accordance with the religion's practices.

wow what a great organization
I had never heard of them

wow what a great organization
I had never heard of them

They are very active in the NYC area, especially when tragedies hit. There have been instances where medical examiners want to do autopsies which would mean that the burial couldn't happen in accordance with Jewish law and these folks have stepped up to help in the education and handling of the bodies. In criminal investigations an autopsy might be mandatory or needed for insurance investigations, so this group helps to expedite if possible.

Thank you.

Says shooting lasted 6 minutes straight
(Assuming LE and perps)

Thanks everyone for the links. I had seen various reports how long the shooting between the suspects and LE lasted.

In this link below if you go a little ways down there is a video clip where you can click on it and hear some of the large amount of gunfire at the Deli location.

"Gunfire broke out around 12:30 p.m., local time, and lasted for about two and a half hours. At least one of the shooters was armed with a long gun, according to the New York Times."

Multiple Dead After Chaotic, Hours-Long Shootout in Jersey City

Its a sad sad day for everyone there, and for our nation.

The past few days Fox has had news stories reporting police officer after police officer who have been shot, and murdered in the line of duty just in the past few days even before this happened.

More of our police officers have been killed in the line of duty this year on our own soil than our soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan.

Today another one has been murdered in the line of duty. Sigh. This madness must end.

Not really, it's just Tuesday in America. If people want the madness to end (it won't), they need to send more Thoughts & Prayers.

Not really, it's just Tuesday in America. If people want the madness to end (it won't), they need to send more Thoughts & Prayers.

I'm not sure what you even mean, but I respectfully disagree it's just another day in America.

I still stand by my previous post you quoted.

Our overall homicide rate has steadily declined in the past 6 or 7 years.

If you are referring to it's normal if these suspects were gang related then I do agree its typical for gang members to shoot others every day unfortunately.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
This drug deal gone wrong scenario, seems to have some problems with it.

These two were apparently dressed in black, carrying semi-automatic rifles, and had pipe bomb devices in their possession.

It’s also odd that they intentionally shot innocent people when the alleged drug deal went wrong.

Factor in the Jewish deli, and this looks like something else entirely.

These two were apparently dressed in black, carrying semi-automatic rifles, and had pipe bomb devices in their possession.

It’s also odd that they intentionally shot innocent people when the alleged drug deal went wrong.

Yup, doesn't sound like your average drug deal gone wrong does it....

Jersey City shooting: Police officer among 6 killed in shooting, standoff; Suspects dead

(Sorry this page has a very annoying autoplay video...why is that a thing)

"Authorities say what looks like an inert pipe bomb was spotted in the U-Haul, and there was also a search going on at a house on Eastern Parkway where another inert pipe bomb was found -- though the connection is unclear."

Toni Yates is reporting from JFK Blvd. where LE has blocked traffic.

Super weird to see the street I used to live on mentioned on Websleuths....

I have a lot of friends and acquaintances in JC. All are ok but someone I know is a teacher at a nearby school and was on lockdown for several hours.

“This area is a very high crime area. We’re used to gunshots, but nothing like this that’s happening now,” says resident of Jersey City, New Jersey area where an officer has been shot. https://cbsn.ws/2YBTHqv

It's high crime but not THAT high crime. It's like an "ok to walk in the daytime, probably not at night" neighborhood. Daytime shootouts of any kind are not a common occurrence. In general the murder rate in Jersey City is very low, especially compared to how it used to be in the 80s/90s.

Yeah....I’m anxious to hear the rest of the story.

Yeah....I’m anxious to hear the rest of the story.
It’s just weird, because it doesn’t come close to cleanly fitting either mold.

A drug deal doesn’t typically devolve into a mass shooting, nor do people show up to drug deals dressed in black, with inert pipe bombs, and carrying conspicuous weapons.

But an act of terrorism or a mass shooting in general, doesn’t begin the way this once apparently did (in a cemetery, with some sort of transaction going on).

So it’s weird as all hell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2
Back