Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUO:)TE="susiQ, post: 15637459, member: 235413"]I get the same feeling, that the killer knew of them, but they did not necessarily recognize him as someone they were familiar with. [/QUOTE]

This is spot on with what I've been thinking all along. Could be totally wrong though, :)

Anyway, it also is what leads me to suspect more than one person involved, also speculation on my part. What if BG corrals girls down the hill to suspect #2, then BG turns around and walks out? Seeing how it appears to be BG sketch2 is the 'man responsible for' (being the primary cause of something and so able to be blamed or credited for it) rather than....we believe this sketch to be the killer.

Yea, no LE evidence has been released relative to such a theory, but from what I can tell, no LE evidence has been released proving they crossed the creek, or for the most part, proving anything at all.

I just think there may have been something more the girls went to the bridge for that day.

I think the couple have been identified and the guy is a witness but the female did not see BG. MOO.
Tresir you ASTOUND me with your sleuthing of (and consequent knowledge of) this case. I'm always many, many paces behind you.

Stattlich, you are 6'1" ? I thought you were a girl. Ummm... guess not? LOL! I should have known by your avatar.

My apologies for many duplicate posts above. I will shut up for a while now.

P.S. Those who are lurking, please chime in!

a scenario of an arranged meeting for some purpose (make a promise, provide information, make an apology, deliver something etc.) One of the girls is wary and invites the other for support.

They then see person ‘P’ approaching. One or both generally recognize him as the “friend of a some what friend” or the relative of a friend etc. Maybe they do not expect to see him per se, but as they are expecting an arranged meeting with somebody,, they accept / comply with his instructions to “Go down the hill”.

Spot on with my thinking on the matter, MOO

I think the couple have been identified and the guy is a witness but the female did not see BG. MOO.
Tresir you ASTOUND me with your sleuthing of (and consequent knowledge of) this case. I'm always many, many paces behind you.

Stattlich, you are 6'1" ? I thought you were a girl. Ummm... guess not? LOL! I should have known by your avatar.

Not tryin' to be confrontational at all here, but I'm 6'1" and my stride, if I take a purposeful longstep, is about 3 feet....So for me, 60 feet would be 20 long strides/paces. On that bridge, I would guess a shorter stride, so as to hit the crossties.

I'm not buying the lasso/neck restraint.....yet :)

I think it would suffice to draw a firearm, and say "guys" if you make even so much as a peep, I'll kill both of you, now, get "down the hill".

Agree on the gun, I think his goal was to get near enough to eliminate them running from a handgun.
"According to the University of Iowa, the average person’s walking step length is 2.5 feet (30 inches), so the average stride length would be approximately 5 feet (60 inches)."
This is what I was thinking about his speeding up: that he really only had to get near Abby who was less than 60ft.

Did the local Delphi morning news announce that local schools were off for the day for the built-in snow day? Or was this announced some days in advance?
Snipped.
-
People keep mentioning school being closed, but it was late enough in the day that school would have been getting out. I don't know about Delphi, but around here high school is over with around 2:00 P.M.
-
Some people think the white line on BG's boots matches the white line on the meat packers' boots.

I do not see a white line on BG's boots in the video. Any frames /stills that we know of to confirm or deny this ? What do the meat packers boots look like? Is there a standard issued boot that the company issues for all employees?

Also came across this, which better explains the snow day.....
"February 13th, 2017 was the day before Valentine's Day. It was a Monday, and also a planned snow day: a day in the middle of winter set aside for the school schedule, just in case. If you're unfamiliar, a planned snow day is just a day set aside at the beginning of the school year to help keep the schedule from overflowing into the summer. Since there had been no major closures up to that point, it just became a day off for the students and faculty."

On Feb 13 2017 Delphi Schools had off that particular day. The school system applied an unused snow day for the kids since the weather was unusually nice in February. Indiana is one state that uses unused snow days.
I knew about the unused snow day. The point I was making was that BG need not have known that school was out for the day. He might have known, but he might have been hanging around waiting for school to be out for the day.

I am also 6ft, female tho. Afraid of heights so I would never in a million years go on that bridge let alone my boys or niece, but I have been on abandoned train tracks near a trail that have been elevated and with the gaps and wear next to water, there was a tote, canned food, clothes, a few knives and movies on the other side so I walked over and checked it out (curiosity) and found some court papers and being nosy I read them and the transient that was squatting there was a pretty dangerous convicted pedophile that was a fugitive. I called the police department. There was some pretty inappropriate stuff he had stashed around the train tracks and woods. Needless to say I didn’t let my niece go to those trails anymore. Who’s knows what’s lurking. What I am getting at is that a transient, squatter, etc, should not be ruled out as a possibility. They have the ability to up and leave without a trace and with minimal witnesses. Scary world we live in!

You know, maybe it doesn't have to be someone "respected" after all. If it's someone with connections to a family member of one of the girls, that would certainly be shocking as well. All JMHO :)

It makes sense that he would be someone ordinary rather than exceptional. Not respected, since that would make him more conspicuous.

It makes sense that he would be someone ordinary rather than exceptional. Not respected, since that would make him more conspicuous.
I could go either way at this point: community shocked because killer is notable and respected amongst his peers OR shocking because he is known to one or both of the families or one member of either family. I'm not sure being notable and respected would make the killer more conspicuous. Whoever it is, we'll be shocked one way or another. I just wish they had enough to arrest him, but if not, surely they are keeping a very close eye on him.

If this was a targeted murder, like revenge or preventing something from being revealed, LE may not feel the community is at increased risk. I would imagine if the motive was SA, they would be concerned about another attack. That would also go for SRA (satanic ritual abuse). I don't see the later as being the motive unless the CS reflected some weird stuff related to that type of activity. At the present time, I'm going with the first option: specifically targeted, unless, more info is revealed.

Just a couple of days ago, investigators in Toronto released a little more crime scene info on the Sherman murders. At least in that case, within weeks they revealed the COD and how the bodies were found. Still no arrests though. In the Delphi case so very little is known unfortunately. Another thing that drives me crazy is that the YBG sketch in no way resembles what I see on the bridge in the video. Total disconnect for me and likely why I feel he did not act alone.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member