ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone listened to the podcast called "Missing"? It's from 2015 and only 8 episodes, but VERY interesting. Is there any chance that Anneliese is voluntarily missing? I know most of us agree that the whole case is strange and has many holes, but I thought I would ask.
That is a possibility. People have gone voluntarily missing and turned up months later states away or just come home. Or have been kidnapped, like a young lady from a few years back, to which the kidnapper, who was going to jail for other charges, brought his victim to the end of her street and drove off.

By now, she could have also changed her appearance. Perhaps that is reaching, I know, but I'm trying to think of things we haven't mentioned before.

I wonder, has anyone checked any homeless shelters or areas where the homeless hang out?

I’ve been quietly following along since the beginning and decided to sign up and post. I’m still torn on what to think and feel so bad for the family. Here are some of my thoughts.

#1 The lack of sightings along her walk beside the highway! All we know of is one (tow driver). They might have many more but nothing has been said. If they only have one this tells me she was not walking along that highway for more than a few hundred yards, if that. Its possible she made her way through the woods up to the train tracks. It’s only 50yds away from the highway at most spots. Speaking of train tracks, this bridge might be better suited for self harm if that is the case.

#2 Where The car was parked. It was spotted pretty early by a police officer and wasn’t removed immediately. This tells me it must have been pulled over in a spot that didn’t have guard rails right next to the highway. The closest spot would be going south bound, south of the bridge at 600 feet. Any other location is close to 2500 feet (doing my best with Google Maps) away from the bridge. That is a long walk without being spotted by many, my guess 10 minutes at walking pace.

#3 the license!! Why just the license missing? If self harm, is this a easy way to be identified when found? I’m not liking the license missing thing. It just seams odd. The only other reason For missing license I can think of is if somebody asked her for it.

Well I’m sure I have more but that should be good for now.

This whole battery being dead is new information to me! Do we have confirmation apart from the parents having to have the car jumped before driving to the gas station that AH might have had her hazard lights on when she walked away from the vehicle? I haven't read that anywhere, but that would make a lot more sense that she stopped the car on the side of the road if she was having battery problems. It didn't make sense that she had Triple-A but didn't call them to bring her gas but it also doesn't make sense why she wouldn't have called them for help if battery problems too.
Another thing I had forgotten is the info others had mentioned and was reported early on that she did, in fact, call a tow? Was that ever confirmed? There were so many discrepancies in reporting early on that I am now trying to go back and separate fact from fiction.

Just a thought...you have limited tows allowed per year on your AAA membership. If she shared her plan or already used all her tows for the year, this could be why she didn't request the tow through AAA. If she had been dealing with car trouble frequently or this happened a lot, she might have been "used" to this happening and just started to take care of it on her own, thinking she'd be right back to the car and her belongings.

Staying hopeful for her safe return!

Just a thought...you have limited tows allowed per year on your AAA membership. If she shared her plan or already used all her tows for the year, this could be why she didn't request the tow through AAA. If she had been dealing with car trouble frequently or this happened a lot, she might have been "used" to this happening and just started to take care of it on her own, thinking she'd be right back to the car and her belongings.

Staying hopeful for her safe return!

That is a good point too! It was my understanding that she was borrowing her parent's car and hadn't been for that long. I have no link to back that up; I just remember reading that earlier on. Maybe she had just purchased the Triple-A when she knew she would be using the car. Still, I strong possibility that it was a longer time she had the car and the car had problems before and had run out of tows so therefore just decided to walk for help.

That is a possibility. People have gone voluntarily missing and turned up months later states away or just come home. Or have been kidnapped, like a young lady from a few years back, to which the kidnapper, who was going to jail for other charges, brought his victim to the end of her street and drove off.
Yes I've been thinking about that case. Oddly, that missing person (who I consider to be an absolute super hero) had the same initials as Anneliese. I hope that perp is still in jail.
The battery. I love cars as much as the next person but am mechanically challenged. I consider filling the gas tank to be a major repair. I've had plenty of cars that won't start but never had a car stop running in use as a result of a bad battery. I thought the alternator kept it going but again am over my head on the subject of repairs.
The license. Good post by Edpet I think. Why would that be missing? An imposter LE officer asked to see it? A souvenir or piece of information for an abductor? Or a way to ID the body kept on person by a considerate suicide victim?
Another day and no body found - allows me to maintain a sliver of optimism.

Was her wallet out and open? If not, it could be that she misplaced it, left it at a store, etc.

How was it determined that she had cash on her?
I recall posting that info very early on in the thread; it came from Missing Persons Cases Network based on her family.
I got the sense her parents noticed her license wasn’t with her other belongings and being at the very beginning of all this, they were speculating she possibly had them along with a lil cash in attempt to go get gas.

That is a good point too! It was my understanding that she was borrowing her parent's car and hadn't been for that long. I have no link to back that up; I just remember reading that earlier on. Maybe she had just purchased the Triple-A when she knew she would be using the car. Still, I strong possibility that it was a longer time she had the car and the car had problems before and had run out of tows so therefore just decided to walk for help.
I don't know if this helps or not but she had been borrowing the car for a couple of months.

Police expanding search for missing Richmond woman
... The vehicle was registered to AH, she said, and her daughter had been borrowing the car for the last couple of months while she saved up to buy a new vehicle of her own.

I spoke to Falmouth PD yesterday and asked them if there was anything I could do, or the public could do, to aid in the search. Officer Townsend said no. I'll leave it at that.

Hmmm... Usually they suggest remaining vigilant, report any sightings/call in any tips and putting up posters.

I don't know if this helps or not but she had been borrowing the car for a couple of months.

Police expanding search for missing Richmond woman
... The vehicle was registered to AH, she said, and her daughter had been borrowing the car for the last couple of months while she saved up to buy a new vehicle of her own.

Yes, thanks! That is what I thought just wanted to be clear in my head!

In the previous bullet points it was noted that her car broke down and that she called for a tow even though she had AAA. Then we have LE calling for a tow. Also a comment about her going to get gas? Has her drivers licence and a small amount of cash, but her ATM card, Phone and Purse were left in the car.

Why take a drivers licence and cash, but leave the only means of communications and an ATM card in the car? Did she call for a tow or for gas delivery? What was wrong with the car, mechanical failure or out of gas? What happened to the Tow service she called? Was her purse and phone in plain sight that the LE officer could see it?

Am I correct that Tukey's bridge at Black Cove is at Exit 8 and close to Exit 9? If so, anyone walking out onto that bridge (appears to be closest bridge) and jumping off would have been instantly noted based on the volume of traffic.

We are missing something....

I took the day (from here), yesterday, and am confused at to where this info about Anneliese calling for a tow came from. Every article I've read said it was the police.

I believer her mother concluded that Anneliese took her drivers license and, I'm guessing, that's because it wasn't with her stuff, in the car. The remark about cash had to have been a guess, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes