TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following this sad case and praying this mama is okay and just needed to get away to a hotel for awhile with her baby. (No reason to think that. It's just my hope.)

Thinking of the 6-year-old child. This must be hardest on him. Just 2 weeks ago he would have been so excited to meet his baby sister and now....

The reviews for that complex are awful....thin walls, terrible management, etc. You for sure are in a better complex and as you know the area goes from good to bad real quick...then back to good just as quick. As for the AISD scores I am shocked and find them questionable! JMO :)
This. I had no idea how bad some of the areas near here were. I’ve been here three years but live in Circle C...was shocked seeing those school ratings. This poor mama and baby...

Austin has great neighborhoods that turn shady really quick! The area she lived in was not great....RSBM.. Besides caves there are lots of greenbelts.....The onion creek greenbelt and McKinney Falls state park are super close....lots of wooded areas here. Those 2 areas are within 5 min or so of her apt....there's also a creek.

(Marking, thanks)

Oh, no worries, I totally understood what you were saying.

I was just voicing agreement with the thought the op expressed that HB isn't voluntarily missing.

I really don't think anyone here believes that to be the case.

We can't rule it out, though...not yet, anyway.

Actually, her being voluntarily missing would be the best case scenario, so it's sad that I can't bring myself to endorse that as being at all likely.

Unfortunately, my main man William of Occam has to keep his lips zipped right now, on account of nobody has been named a POI or suspect yet by LE.

JMO.
After doing some more reading and a little digging, everything GK says above is where I’m at.

The fact that she disappeared seemingly mid-day, broad daylight (coupled with other things), makes this much more likely to be a suspect well known to her, IMO.

Door left wide open seems like staging....how someone imagines an abduction scenario would look rather than the reality.

APD as far as I can tell also don’t seem to be treating this like a stranger abduction. Speaks volumes...

We don't have oil wells in Austin. We have a Karst system under the city and the Edward's Aquifer. Also we have many protected species of animals. Oil wells are more likely in West Tx.

Marking:

“We have a Karst system under the city and the Edward's Aquifer.”

—-

(PS - to the posters responding about the oil wells, I think @TTF114 meant that metaphorically speaking)

Has the timeline of the dad's work schedule & school calling been verified? Dad was home at 2pm? But school called at 6pm? 6pm seems incredibly late to be calling for a "no show parent pick-up" call unless the little boy was enrolled in something like after school care provided by the Y at the school....but then one has to wonder why he would even be enrolled in that if dad gets home at 2pm and mom isnt currently working? Does dad not have set working hours/not always home at 2pm? Just wondering why the late call.

Last edited:
Is there another Facebook for her? Sorry if I missed it and I will look for one, but I find it unusual that there are no pregnancy photos, sonogram, hospital pics, newborn pics, or baby shower pics here. MOO

Maybe, in addition another possible FB, she has an Instagram or Pinterest too for baby stuff?

Body language, swaying, lack of eye contact, inconsistent statements, weird wording (even some of the same wording) all remind me of CW’s interviews. In this case we see actual tears and no dupers delight smirk.

I hope I’m wrong but I feel this case will end the same way that one did. But if it does, I won’t be surprised to learn it was a “snapped” kind of crime. Not one that had been planned over weeks. And as @GordianKnot points out, in this case there will be remorse.

I’m still catching up but there’s a specific quote reminiscent of CW here I may pull later from this interview IF this turns out God Forbid to be the case.

Crimes are listed here and you can see by the address of the complex there are many calls for domestics...no arrests with Shane's name that I saw....I only looked at 2019. 744 W William Cannon 78745
krimelabb 2019 (change from month to month)

^^ the shear number of calls to that address is staggering... but when you see the number of calls for family disturbance, family violence, assault/strangulation (Oct/Nov 2019)... and the drugs... and the arrests... This is just really really sad and does not look like it's going to end well :( MOO.

Ugh. I read through this thread last night and was hoping this morning she’d be found. I’m not too far from Austin.

So my thoughts are that the bf’s phrasing is REALLY weird. o_O Also not getting the timing of his getting home from work at 2pm to a door wide open and baby and girlfriend gone with stuff all still there. Didn’t he notice her car was there? What was he doing until the school called at 6pm? If all this timing is correct it’s not working for me. He should have been alarmed real quick!

Sadly I think I know where this is going. I hope I’m wrong and she needed a break. But the other child just being left at school isn’t indicating that...

I've found the fiance's Facebook page and maybe he's one of those people that never updates, but he's listed as single. And even if he was never updating, he DID update job info four years ago and I guess at that point, he was single... conflicting with the report they've been together for ten years or at least suggest maybe there was an on/off again type thing.

Is it ok to link his page since he's not formally considered a POI?

(ETA: sorry, no coffee yet so grammar is poor)

No definitely not legal to link his page unless LE states he’s a POI :)

His FB profile might not be updated but the last job listed was working the pipeline. Likely a welder. The pipeline is natural gas. We don't have oil rigs all over Texas...yes, we are known for that but the majority are out in West Texas...one after another! There *might* be a few in the Austin area but I've never seen them?
Shane is the father of both kids...he and Heidi have been on/off for 7+ years and I've heard as of now they were separated.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. Occupation. Waiting to learn of course if he worked that day and where, the obvious standard question and first question LE would ask as procedure. Also noting in terms of awareness space. Hopefully we won’t have to go there.

If H had been followed home and attacked 'in' the apartment, or even fairly close by, wouldn't she have been found by now? Someone in that scenario would surely only be concerned with taking the baby, not hiding the mom?

I’m recalling Savanna Greywind’s horrible case (fetal abduction by neighbors). According to documents, she was hidden in the dresser while LE did their initial walkthrough. She was also in the bathroom closet at one time iirc.

Hopefully we will hear soon from LE about how their processing of the residence is going, if they indeed have their warrant already to go in for a deep look with luminol, etc.

That's true. They wouldn't have bothered with Mom. Unless they lured her away somehow, and she just hasn't been found yet.

But the reality is, it's usually the spouse...

Recalling ftr how Savanna was lured by the female neighbor to help her sew something, was it?

ETA:
And hopefully no strange woman knocked on her door and brought Heidi a coffee (metaphorically speaking)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member