TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a pic of the apartments and the stairs in the media thread, Post #89, see 2nd pic. I'll try to post the pics below.

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

Going up and down the stairs with another apartment underneath would be noticeable. They all live fairly close to one another and a loud argument would be heard, you'd think.

…]

22292050-7808299-Carey_said_he_last_saw_Broussard_at_around_6_40am_and_spoke_to_h-a-6_1576731832076.jpg
22402010-7805687-image-a-5_1576677723242.jpg
22401808-7805687-image-a-7_1576677740608.jpg

22402020-7805687-image-a-19_1576678004936.jpg
22401818-7805687-image-a-10_1576677779883.jpg

In the photo with the car (^ last photo in the group above), it appears there are some back stairs, some greenery (not sure if there are windows deeper in there) and then the back of an apartment, which - because it backs up to the parking lot - probably keeps the shades down, possibly all the time.

Not much between her car and the stairs.

Can the Austin PD's Twitter not be linked here?

I see the tweet in question, I think.
There's nothing on APD twitter feed that I see. Bank robbery, traffic fatality, more robberies (yes, sounds like Austin), Shop with a Cop, Cocoa with a cop, happy holiday retweet, another traffic fatality, bank robbery, convenience store robbery, crash, traffic signal, etc etc etc. The tweet 12 hours ago was for an unrelated SWAT incident over along IH35 SB.

What on earth are y'all talking about?

"As of Wednesday, Austin Police say they have no further updates on the case.

In the meantime, community members are planning a search for Heidi and Margot this weekend. Organizer Sarra tells us people are on standby and prepared to help."

However, Austin Police say at this time, a community-led search will likely not help them and they will request assistance if needed."

FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment

Someone had posted the Target and Amazon baby registries. It struck me how few items were purchased for them. Literally only a few things out of dozens of items. I'm not sure what conclusion to draw, but in my mind I am making the connection that this could be the sign of a very troubled relationship.

I wonder if older women don’t get as many gifts unless having a first baby. Some people deviate from the registry and choose their own gift. Moo

Bless her heart lugging a baby in a cumbersome carrier up 3 flights of stairs. Maybe she stuck the books from book fair in the carrier (on the side, perhaps you can picture) when she was there. They came up with baby and were unloaded. Purse and diaper bag were too much to lug up also. Her keys were in one pocket and phone in the other, which went with her. Just a theory. JMO.

Do we know she used the carrier for the baby?

I avoided using it as much as I could, leaving it in the car whenever possible because it was heavy and awkward to carry. Then again I’m very petite and not very strong. It FLOORS me when I see other moms with the carrier hooked in their arms like it’s nbd! Supermoms!

Anyway, if I lived in a third floor apartment, my priorities would have been the baby and my purse. I’d have my purse on one shoulder and baby in my arms. Diaper bag could wait, especially if I had diaper supplies in the house. Get inside, put baby in safe place- crib, pack n play, bassinet, lock door, then race down stairs, grab stuff and race back up.

In Texas so it can’t be too cold right? Was it raining? One reason to keep baby in carrier would be for protection from weather elements.

Not really sure where I’m going with this, but just adding my perspective :)

I avoided using it as much as I could, leaving it in the car whenever possible because it was heavy and awkward to carry. Then again I’m very petite and not very strong. It FLOORS me when I see other moms with the carrier hooked in their arms like it’s nbd! Supermoms!

Anyway, if I lived in a third floor apartment, my priorities would have been the baby and my purse. I’d have my purse on one shoulder and baby in my arms. Diaper bag could wait, especially if I had diaper supplies in the house. Get inside, put baby in safe place- crib, pack n play, bassinet, lock door, then race down stairs, grab stuff and race back up.

In Texas so it can’t be too cold right? Was it raining? One reason to keep baby in carrier would be for protection from weather elements.

My opinion on this is based on what her mom said, having stayed with her immediately after Margo was born. Parents of missing Austin mother say there's no way she and newborn left voluntarily

IIRC, it was about 40 degrees that morning. MOO

ETA: Past Weather in Austin, Texas, USA — Yesterday or Further Back

I wonder if older women don’t get as many gifts unless having a first baby. Some people deviate from the registry and choose their own gift. Moo

I didn’t have a shower for my youngest, but I did make a registry mostly for myself and if anyone asked. After baby is born, some stores will send you a coupon so you can purchase the rest of the stuff on your registry.

Today is my birthday and I am asking for a birthday favor.
Please read this post.

If you do not understand then there is nothing I can do.

I am going to spend my day sitting on this thread and timing out and banning people who do not understand the meaning of "DO NOT TRASH" anyone. I will also be going back to the last thread and timing out and banning posters.
You can say you don't believe someone, you can talk about why you don't believe someone, but you cannot accuse someone of a crime. You can question everything about the person as long as they have been in the mainstream media. You just can't be a jerk and trash and insult and pronounce their guilt.
Please keep on topic.
Thank you,
Tricia
Happy Birthday, sorry you have to babysit threads. The WS's that understand the rules are appreciative.

Her mom said HB never left the apartment without Margo strapped in the carrier and the diaper bag strapped to her back.

I lived in a gated community, third floor up for one year while we had renovations done to our home. I gave birth to our 3rd child while living there. I also always strapped our baby into the carrier portion of the car seat because, true or not, I felt like if I tripped the car seat with the handle up would offer some protection for the baby.

For what it’s worth I would never have left our baby up in the apartment even to run and grab something from the car. It wouldn’t be worth even a small risk to me to have something happen to baby and be 3 flights away or have something happen to me and no one knows the baby is there.

Also our gates worked well, but residents would buzz anyone in regardless of if they knew them, so pretty useless.

moo

Thanks Bradfordsleuth for bringing to my attention that my both of my double posts were deleted off of #4 yesterday..... Posting so that you can help me with my nagging questions...

Apologies if this has been covered, I have "sped read" these threads, WSers you amaze me....I truly can't keep up. I can't seem to find the answers to my bolded below questions. Praying that they are found safe and sound.
For me, it is what has transpired in SC's timeline during the hours of 2 pm - 6 pm. As a teacher (retired), if a child that was not picked at school dismissal time promptly, I/office staff, would call someone to pick up child. If they called SC at school dismissal saying that she wasn't there to p/u child, then he would have been there earlier. If this was a non-after-school-program kid, the teacher/office staff will have to wait until someone picked him up. We would be calling ALL APPROVED PHONE NUMBERS of family members/friends sanctioned to pick up said child. From my own experience, if by 6 a non-after-school program child was NOT picked up, we would have to make a call to the authorities meaning Child Services for abandonment. Since it was a 6 pm call, I will go out on a limb and say the son was in an after care school program that closes at 6 pm.....staff wants to go home promptly, y'know? He would have been given a meal/snack during that time (the sandwich). What did SC do in all that time in between? Did he EVER try to call the program or go to the school to see if he had been picked up if the Mom and baby were missing? Would he not wonder, if she is missing, could his son could be missing as well? If he couldn't get a hold of her, wouldn't HE worry WHO was going to pickup HIS son? How many times did he call her to see if she was going to pick him up? If he NEVER tried to ask this on her voicemail....to me it is telling to wonder WHY. If something hinky happened BY him or another perp, HE knew that he had 4 hours of time until he got the phone call from the program at 6 because he knew his son would be automatically taken to his program after school. He searched for her....her keys (in the dumpster? ) His actions during this time, for me, speaks volumes. If this has been answered, can you let me know. From my life experiences in education, this has bothered me.
I totally agree! My grandaughter attends an after school onsite program. I thought the exact thing. I believe he also felt this would help his case in pretending nothing is amiss. If I go get him then it means I know she isn't able to get him. It plays into his narrative to say "She's not there?" when they call. It also gave him more time like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53