TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm open to think she operated alone, personally.

In the cases of previous baby-snatching ('womb raiders' or women who steal newborns from their parents), has there been a case where the man has been fully informed prior to the event, and been involved, or even caused, the killing himself?

To my memory, the closest we've seen is men who knew after the fact and were negligent with the information, not informing LE; those who have been ignorant and seemed to fully believe their partner had been pregnant and given birth, no matter how many clues there were against that; and even those who have been suspicious, but not enough to call LE about the situation.

But I don't remember right now a man and woman both killing a mum for the baby, or a man knowing about the plan and really helping their partner during the actual killing, even if only to restrain/threaten the parent.

I can see her acting alone. Maybe part of the ruse, killing and kidnapping is to keep the man. But how daft would a man have to be to not notice? Wow.

So with the cause of death being ligature strangulation, I think there’s three possibilities:

Heidi was restrained prior to that being carried out.

Heidi was forced to drive, and her killer strangled her from behind after arriving at the house in Houston.

There’s another suspect, likely a male.

Possibly.

Maybe.

Not necessarily.

There's a lot we don't know. She may have other injuries that could be very telling. Maybe a head injury. Maybe she was knocked out and then strangled. MF could have used a garrote which needs less upper body strength.

The possibilities are horrifying.
MOO

Why is Heidi’s son with her parents vs. his father?
TX CPS has no doubt been brought in to protect the interests of HB Baby Margo and undertake an evaluation as to the best course of action for her care and the care of her brother Silas.

The SC/HB 10 year relationship has been the subject of scrutiny from the Press and commentary from friends of HB. IMO given much of the commentary, pictures and eyewitness accounts presented by the Media in this case TX CPS will have its hands full to assess the situation as to what is in the best interests of the 2 children involved. The SC/HB relationship appeared to have multiple DV related reports about which APD was unwilling to speak due to the ongoing nature of the investigation.

Given the DV related reports and ongoing substance abuse issues that all appear to be an unfortunate aspect of the history of the SC/HB relationship, IMO it would simply be negligence on the part of the State of TX to hand ANY child over to anyone (including SC) at this point in time without greater due diligence.

HB friends have been quite vocal in the press as to the fact that HB largely functioned as a 'single parent' and was the primary caregiver and source of financial support to her 2 children. HB by all accounts worked around the clock to provide food and shelter to her 2 children and worked up to 1 week before her due date so that she would have adequate savings so as to be able to spend time with her daughter on maternity leave. It is unclear whether HB had any benefits (health or maternity) from her employer and she and her 2 children were living in a small studio apartment in Austin. SC had only allegedly been back in the life of HB and their son from a period shortly before she became pregnant with Baby Margo. CPS will no doubt have to assess the overall situation with regard to the long term welfare of the children given the overall circumstances and rule accordingly.

Further, it appears that there could be a valid need for DNA and paternity testing on HB Baby Margo which will also no doubt take additional time.

HB's parents had been in Austin to provide assistance and support to HB from the period after the birth of Margo until 2 days before HB went missing.

MOO

Last edited:
Now DailyMail.com can reveal neighbors have cast doubt on his version of events, with one saying that he heard an argument from next door just before 2pm.

Alan G, who asked not to use his full name, said he heard a muffled row shortly after returning home from his job as a barista at 1pm.

He told DailyMail.com: 'It was definitely after 1. I heard noises that sounded like an argument coming through the wall.'

Alan, who lives in the neighboring apartment, added: 'I didn't really know them very well – I would see them on the stairs and out walking the dog but that was it.

'We didn't really talk much.'
Texas mom found dead tried to leave her 'abusive' fiancé multiple times | Daily Mail Online

So if the neighbor heard an argument after 1:00 PM, that would have been Heidi & MF? Wow if that's true and Shane got home at 2:00PM, they could have literally passed each other on the road?!!

She is expected to be charged with murder, according to KVUE's sister station KHOU, and will be arraigned in Harris County.

I can’t find that it says MF will be arraigned in Harris County. Does this mean she was in Harris County Court for traffic violations, then Travis County for kidnapping and tampering with evidence, then BACK to Harris County for murder?

“... when Magen was telling me all this stuff, seriously I hate to say it, I was really leaning towards that possibly Shane had done something.” - Tim Miller of EquuSearch to Channel 2 Investigates regarding his lengthy call with Magen Fieramusca. More on the @kprc2 news @ 6.

EMRE9StW4AUFPoK.jpeg
Mario Diaz on Twitter
Mario Diaz (@KPRC2Mario) | Twitter

What kind of employer wouldn’t give you time off when your wife was just found murdered and baby kidnapped? That would be a horrible company to work for.

I agree!! Just an aside, but my dad worked most of his adult life at a machine shop his BIL owned. When his sister died, he was not allowed PAID time off to go to her funeral. I'll never forget that. ☹️

What kind of employer wouldn’t give you time off when your wife was just found murdered and baby kidnapped? That would be a horrible company to work for.

I used to be in a similar industry - net income can be tight in that type of business. I'd like to think anyone with any compassion would spare the expense, but I also know how some businesses have a dicey time making payroll. Especially difficult if he was an hourly employee with no benefits.

Some info on ligature strangulation:

- It has been estimated that applying pressure to the neck causes unconsciousness in approximately 5–15 seconds.

- The general clinical sequence of a victim who is being strangled is one of severe pain, followed by unconsciousness, followed by brain death.

- Only 11 lbs of pressure placed on both carotid arteries for 10 seconds is necessary to cause unconsciousness. To completely close off the trachea, three times as much pressure (33 lbs.) is required. Brain death will occur in 4 to 5 minutes if strangulation persists.

- Research on homicidal strangulation has shown that in a high percentage of cases, the offender and the victim have a family relationship.

- In studies, the most frequent motives for homicidal strangulation are rape, sexual jealousy, and personal rivalry.

Resources:

Gael B. Strack et al, How to Improve Your Investigation and Prosecution of Strangulation Cases

Haekkaenen, Helina, Murder by Manual and Ligature Strangulation – Profiling Crime Scene Behaviors and Offender Characteristics

:(:(:(

while SC has alleged to be abusive, was he ever charged? i myself think that this crime was perpetrated by MF alone but we will see.

I have seen - and it was shared in a previous thread - a record of a police response for "family disturbance" at their address with Heidi as the complainant but nothing I've seen says he has a record of being arrested/charged.

As a woman, physically speaking, I wouldn’t be able to do that to someone and pick them up and put them in the trunk. 150lbs. That’s all I’m gonna say!

At the risk of sounding really weird, I couldn’t kill someone except in self-defense psychologically, but physically I am pretty sure I could do this. For instance, if my victim were drugged first, I could strangle her even with my very mediocre strength.

Lifting her into the trunk if she weren’t already there would just mean scooping her from under her arms, dragging her to the trunk, and having a lot of her weight (head and part of her torso) fold onto the trunk floor. Then I could lift her feet and roll or push the rest of her body in.

:( Sorry if this is cold and graphic.

At the risk of sounding really weird, I couldn’t kill someone except in self-defense psychologically, but physically I am pretty sure I could do this. For instance, if my victim were drugged first, I could strangle her even with my very mediocre strength.

Lifting her into the trunk if she weren’t already there would just mean scooping her from under her arms, dragging her to the trunk, and having a lot of her weight (head and part of her torso) fold onto the trunk floor. Then I could lift her feet and roll or push the rest of her body in.

:( Sorry if this is cold and graphic.
Adrenaline is an amazing thing. People have lifted cars off of people in dire situations when they have an adrenaline rush. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko