TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Also, he has no idea she wasn’t really pregnant, comes home to a baby that’s got to look quite a bit older than she should, and didn’t notice anything amiss with her vehicle (body in trunk).

Color me confused.

I just want to hear the details here.

... hey honey, why is the car on the back porch?

The baby boy clothes in registries at both Target and amazon is nagging at me, did MH have a baby that something happened to or have her sights on a different baby?, it didn't work out so HB baby was one of opportunity? Why post up a registry for baby boy clothes if you know the baby you have your sights on is a girl?

The baby boy clothes in registries at both Target and amazon is nagging at me, did MH have a baby that something happened to or have her sights on a different baby?, it didn't work out so HB baby was one of opportunity? Why post up a registry for baby boy clothes if you know the baby you have your sights on is a girl?
Maybe CG was told by the lying MF that the baby was a boy and to appease him she put some baby boy items on the registry. JMO

Maybe CG was told by the lying MF that the baby was a boy and to appease him she put some baby boy items on the registry. JMO
Good point, just odd if she had sights on HB baby girl, why ask for boy things? Im assuming HB knew her baby's sex before birth and thus MF knew too being 'close' friends and talking all the time. Hard to pass off a baby boy as a baby girl and vice versa to a desired baby daddy and family.

But often in cases, the suspects think more about today than tomorrow, so her original thought was just 'im going to have to divert suspicion so will say Im having a boy' so no one suspects the baby I have is HB's girl. I did hear on the Jay is 4 Justice podcast that when they viewed the Target baby registry, the create date of it was Dec 1 with a due date of Dec 1 as well.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for MSM links/confirmation that 1) HB's pocketbook was found inside her unlocked vehicle, and 2) HB's keys are missing.

I think SC said both these items were inside the apartment but also seeing posts stating otherwise.
^^s/bbm

Bumping my own unsolved inquiries (and only one more left re. the keys).

I think HB's identification would be kept inside her pocketbook and therefore I'm satisfied her pocketbook was also found inside the apartment and not in the car -- according to SC.

12/20/19 - NBC

Heidi Broussard’s boyfriend, Shane Carey, who is Margot's father, said earlier this week that her car was at the apartment in Austin the day she disappeared, but she wasn't there.

He said all of Broussard's belongings, including her identification and the baby's diaper bag, were still in the apartment. bbm

Broussard's close friends told NBC News this week there is no chance she would have left of her own accord without her son.

Missing Texas mom found dead, newborn found alive, family says; 1 charged

MF did not order infant boy clothes on the baby registries I viewed. She ordered 'unisex' and 'boy/girl' clothes - gender neutral.

--Maybe that reflects her feelings about gender identification.

--Or, if she planned on taking Heidi's baby for months -- as sources reportedly told media they suspect -- maybe she wanted to be prepared just in case Heidi unexpectedly had a boy (the fetal gender tests aren't always accurate).

--Or, it's possible that MF wanted to be able to pass the baby off as either a girl or a boy, depending on the situation. She told friends her newborn was a girl. However, maybe she was prepared to pass Margo off as a boy to minimize suspicion if her effed-up charade was falling apart and she had to go on the run with Margo.

--Or, perhaps she wasn't solely fixed on stealing Heidi's baby specifically and was keeping her options open.

I don't think we can know until/unless MF reveals her motivation for choosing gender neutral baby items.

I keep seeing posts referring to this and I wonder if it's a rumor. Where are you seeing that MF went to OBGYN appointments?

IIRC, Caressa the friend we heard on that podcast said when MF showed up for the delivery of Margo, it was the first time Heidi had seen MF pregnant. Am I imagining hearing that?

I'm accepting Tim Miller's word is not a rumor.

In Tim Miller's interview posted on this thread, he states that MF told him she was at the birth of baby Margo, and that she went to prenatal appointments with HB. She also told him that HB's last call to her was on Thursday morning and they talked about HB's problem breastfeeding.

Whether or not MF is telling the truth is another thing.

I'm accepting Tim Miller's word is not a rumor.

In Tim Miller's interview posted on this thread, he states that MF told him she was at the birth of baby Margo, and that she went to prenatal appointments with HB. She also told him that HB's last call to her was on Thursday morning and they talked about HB's problem breastfeeding.

Whether or not MF is telling the truth is another thing.

Ok, the bolded portion is a big question mark for me. ^^^

If she told HB she was pregnant as well, would she really waltz into an OB-GYN office, while wearing a fake tummy? That is brazen and stupid. And hard for me to believe.

Or did she not bother with the fake stomach ?

MF did look thicker in court the other day and thicker in the face in her mugshot, than she did in previous pictures we have seen of her, maybe its as simple as her life had gone off the rails and she was putting on weight, blamed it on pregnancy. I haven't seen mention of a fake tummy as fact, unless I totally missed it. Women have lots of OB-GYN appts during pregnancy, so maybe she went to early ones or a couple, and that got translated to she went to most? so first time she was noticably larger was at birth of HB baby? Since she lived 2.5 hours away, 5 hours roundtrip, and its her words that she went to OB-GYN appts, she may have actually gone to none or 1 and and exaggerated her involvement to deflect suspicion. Anything she said after HB date of disappearance I would definitely consider most likely lie.

Finally caught up, thinking about the drugging angle -- it's really not outlandish, nor would MF have to be sourcing something strong from a back alley or deep web. Get ten 10mg zolpidem (Ambien), crush it up, and add it to any drink that's not water, especially if the possible taste can be overwhelmed by, say, a coffee shop latte, and the any remaining powder can be excused as crud from whatever drink it is.

That would be working within fifteen minutes -- first there's an out-of-body feeling, light euphoria, then there's dizziness, and there's not even a particular feeling of illness, just not feeling 'right'. Even if it doesn't knock someone out, it certainly makes it very hard to fight and to be aware of what's going on. Problem is, it's unpredictable. Zolpidem (as most pills) doesn't work so well if you've not got an empty stomach, and it isn't a guaranteed xx hour knock-out -- people can wake up even under high dosages. But zolpidem does cause memory loss, especially in higher dosages, which could have been an extra aim, depending on if MF planned to kill HB, or just take her baby, or take her and the baby. Drug HB with something that knocks her out and causes memory loss -- take her baby -- leave her somewhere. Risky, yes. But I think we'd all agree no matter what angle, MF wasn't working with a full deck.

I think, if drugs were involved, they weren't probably something you'd see in a true crime movie, like ether, or something that someone had to be shady online to get, but something that someone had a prescription for and had been saving up for just such an occasion. I also think if drugs were involved, the intent wouldn't have been to kill her with an OD, but knock her out for whatever length of time. IMO, she may have come around from the drugs unexpectedly, tried to fight, MF panicked, and then grabbed something and strangled her. To me, the strangulation angle reeks of desperation, something unexpected happening, and MF just grabbing something close to her -- which really, could be anything.

All IMO of course, but I've just been thinking about the possible drugging for a while, and as someone who uses a lot of Ambien a week, I can totally see how something as simple and as benign as that could be used to (sadly) great effect.

Questionable food for thought: How is it no one wondered anything about MF when she drives 2.5 hrs from where she lives on Nov 26 to be present at the birth of Heidi's child, when based on lies she told, her own due date was Dec 1 and a mere 4 days away??? Did anyone including Heidi even wonder at that? I do not know of any pregnant woman in their right mind that would drive on her own 2.5 hrs to a friend's labor, when she herself is saying her own due date is 4 days later and could 'allegedly' go into labor at any moment. It's not logical. Did it not raise red flags for anyone on the 26th?

Last edited:
The Target Registry, (it has been taken down since) but they actually scrolled through it during the podcast, there were definitely infant boy clothes and labelled as such in item titles. Here's a link to the podcast, they start scrolling through the Target registry at about 2:15:30 mark.

Thank you TikiGirl.

I believe I saw that registry. If I recall correctly, the clothing items were all labeled as "unisex" or "boy girl", though I can see why the podcast host said they 'look like boy clothes'.

The podcast host also said that she found it odd that the registry was created on December 1st. I don't think that's correct (or at least not verifiable); December 1st appears to instead be the due date listed at the top of the registry.

Ah well, maybe in time we'll learn more about the registries and how they fit into this whole bizarre case.

ETA: Oops, apologies, I stand corrected. The Amazon registry had the 'unisex' and 'boy girl' labeled items. The Target registry is still up and does have some items specifically labeled 'boys'. https://www.target.com/gift-registry/giftgiver?registryId=6360ea89e61e45c691e98818e5fb5d0b&type=BABY

Last edited:
Not just her. It's so weird. If He thought MF had his baby even if he was out of town, did he tell anyone else? " Hey I'm a Daddy. Break out the cigars" after all the neighbor stated they were trying to have a baby. So it just doesn't make sense to me.
MOO

Maybe the neighbor stated they were trying to get pregnant, because she heard it from MF. All it takes is one person to make the statement... I really don't know what to think about what CG "knows", vs. what he "doesn't know" as a general rule, though.

I understand that this falls well short of the legal definition of madness. She apparently planned this, understood that it was wrong, and took measures to cover up afterwards. But, well, it is all Madness really, isn't it? Murdering your best friend, stealing her baby, there is no happy ever after is there, it's simply impossible.

Depending on traffic, it's only a 2.5 hour drive from Austin to Jersey Village. There are a ton of backroads and wooded areas where a body could be dumped and not found for a very long time. So why take her home? No toll roads on 290.

It will be interesting if they post toll photos or data because from where HB&SC's apartment is, the quickest route to Houston is straight out 71 to Bastrop, where you pick up 290. That is tolled. You DO have an option to skirt the toll and spend an extra 20 minutes sitting at a series of annoying lights, then hop back on to get to where you pick up 290. There are TxDOT cameras everywhere on that route though even if you skirt the toll. The other, "I make poor choices" route involves taking 35 north to 290 East which is a nightmare and would lengthen their trip, but also put them in more close proximity to a LOT of cars inches away from them, as would have their short trip down Wm. Cannon. She could have taken Wm. Cannon east in a sneaky secret back way to the airport and been a lot less visible, then picked up 71. The point is, either TxDOT or that toll booth on 71 has a photo of her or multiples.

SC said early on that he thought HB was with a friend. Could he have meant MF?
No, he said a friend who lived in the complex.

From experience, it's also a side effect of having a newborn in the house, lol. Especially the first week. I'm guessing MF had no real idea of how much caring for a baby would take.
Exactly - which might explain the body in the trunk. What "mother" of a three week old has time to shower, much less deal with that?

Questionable food for thought: How is it no one wondered anything about MF when she drives 2.5 hrs from where she lives on Nov 26 to be present at the birth of Heidi's child, when based on lies she told her own due date was Dec 1 and a mere 4 days away??? Did anyone including Heidi even wonder at that? I do not know of any pregnant woman in their right mind that would drive on her own 2.5 hrs to a friend's labor, when she herself is saying her own due date is 4 days later and could 'allegedly' go into labor at any moment. It's not logical. Did it not raise red flags for anyone on the 26th?

Yes - this is bizarre to me as a person who is sometimes forced to do this drive. And 2.5 hours is the Cinderella version - no wrecks, done between 10 and 3 inside of either rush hour. The drive is often more not-Cinderella-y. It would appear VERY odd to me if a friend had someone doing this, outside of the factors I mentioned before - a woman with no one else in her life or who for whatever reason wasn't capable or comfortable with going to routine appointments by herself - risky pregnancy, no car, etc. But HB had already had a child - she knew the ropes. Again, I've never encountered that happening and I know 2 people with NINE children, and a lot of people I've seen go through maternity. It's weird.

I understand that this falls well short of the legal definition of madness. She apparently planned this, understood that it was wrong, and took measures to cover up afterwards. But, well, it is all Madness really, isn't it? Murdering your best friend, stealing her baby, there is no happy ever after is there, it's simply impossible.

Yep. MF is definitely mad in my book too, even though her planning and after-the-fact deceptions likely disqualify her from a legal insanity defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen