Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Robemcdo please read the Websleuths rules. Posts like this will get this thread shut down. In the meantime you might want to edit your post (you have I think less than an hour after posting to do this), at least add that it's all your opinion. Better even would be to remove any statements that are worded as fact.

If they didn’t remove them from school via homeschooling, possibly charges there?

I don't know. This is Idaho, so if Lori filled out the paperwork for homeschooling, there isn't any other standing for LEO. She is his legal parent, so no legal standing from any other relatives, in regards for court ordered visitation.

Idaho is under Ninth circuit court, so we would be looking at some very liberal case law, that favors parents. Grandparents do not have legal status for anything in Ninth Circuit, as far as I know.

I don't know. This is Idaho, so if Lori filled out the paperwork for homeschooling, there isn't any other standing for LEO. She is his legal parent, so no legal standing from any other relatives, in regards for court ordered visitation.

Idaho is under Ninth circuit court, so we would be looking at some very liberal case law, that favors parents. Grandparents do not have legal status for anything in Ninth Circuit, as far as I know.
I am assuming the kid has to be present for someone to be able to visit. This kid is nowhere to be found.

I am assuming the kid has to be present for someone to be able to visit. This kid is nowhere to be found.

Right. But at least if the paternal Grandparents pushed for visitation, it looks like Idaho is pretty liberal in this situation. If court ordered, Lori would have to produce the child for visitation. If she defied the court order, a warrant for her arrest can be filed. At least, that would be a start to finding the child.
The fight for grandparents’ rights. Idaho’s laws consider the best interests of the child.

Summit County Utah. Possibly Cache County?
Summit County and Cache county? Lovely places to live so I guess they could choose one of those.....let’s throw in any other county in the country because that would be just as likely. LOL. Utah is full of mostly normal, nice people...and some wacky people. The same as EVERY. OTHER. STATE.

Maybe it’s because I’m exhausted, it I’m having a hard time figuring out the cell phone ping comment. Was the ping before or after the child welfare check? And how was it connected to the Arizona case exactly? Was it Lori’s phone? Tylee’s phone? I’m SO CONFUSED.

“They’ve told us several stories about where the children are, but when we investigate, the children don’t exist where they say they should,” Turman said Friday. “We don’t know where they are at, but we think they are in pretty serious danger.”

The next day, Arizona authorities contacted Rexburg Police regarding a cell phone ping at the same Rexburg address, according to a Madison County Sheriff’s Office log. The log states it was in relation to a missing child case. Rexburg Police Capt. Gary Hagen told EastIdahoNews.com the call also had to do with the Arizona death investigations.

Following the request, Rexburg Police executed search warrants at the home. Investigators determined the Daybells abruptly left the house and city. Police do not believe the children were with them when they took off.

Hagen said investigators are unaware of how Daybell and Vallow left Rexburg – whether by car or airplane.

“We’ve been digging into that, and that’s still part of the whole investigation,” Hagen said.

Parents of missing Rexburg children issue statement, attorney says they are ‘loving’ and ‘devoted’ | East Idaho News

I can't figure this cell phone ping info out either... The only thing I can think of is that perhaps AZ LE was asked to track Tylee's cell phone and found that it never left the Rexburg address. Tylee hasn't been seen in Idaho since September yet she had some activity on her Venmo account in October. Lori and Chad told police Tylee was in AZ with JJ, but if her October activity pinged in Rexburg then THAT would reveal the lie and give Rexburg police probable cause to go back to the address with a search warrant. But they tracked it pretty fast if that is the case-- usually it takes a long time to get cell phone tracking warrants. A lot of times we complain here that it takes way too long to get warrants for phone info. Overnight would be super fast... Then again we are talking about 2 missing children and at least 2 spouses that died under suspicious circumstances-- the extremely suspicious circumstances and multiple state jurisdictions needing to be searched might have lead to Rexburg involving the FBI right away. The FBI has a way of getting warrants faster than the local PDs can.

MOO.

Summit County Utah. Possibly Cache County?

Cache County is Logan and Utah State University where I went for two years, but it's also got a lot of rural areas and lots of mountains and space. I'm remembering that maybe Smithfield is the town where the polygamists lived? We used to hike in Cache Canyon and there were trails we didn't take because it led to places where people were said to have hideouts.

I remember coming back from Christmas one year and finding one of my local friends really upset because she'd had a "difficult conversation" with her mother and learned that the nice guy she'd been dating all fall was in fact her half brother.

Lovely place. Most of the people were fantastic. I still remember it fondly.

If this has been posted please delete found this on Rexburg police.
I've known this family for 10 years because my daughter was one of Tylee's best friends through elementary & middle school but they haven't kept in touch in a year or so (I am still friends with some of the the family on social media & I can provide further proof to the mods if needed). I stumbled on an article about this tonight & I'm in shock.

Tylee's father fought for custody for YEARS. Weeks after he was granted custody, Charles & Lori up & moved to Hawaii to "start a juice bar" & took Tylee with them. It was a very shady & spur of the moment departure.

Tylee was only suppose to be visiting her mom in town during her court allotted time. Her father tried to get in touch with Lori to arrange a pickup time but by then they had already left for Hawaii. They packed & moved in less than 5 days.

Lori has always had Tylee brainwashed so there was little her father could do to bring her home since Tylee refused to leave. Lori basically gave him an ultimatum- let Tylee stay in Hawaii & visit him twice a year, or she would tell the police that he sexually abused Tylee. (Kind of "funny" that she never mentioned this alleged abuse in the years they fought for custody but only brought out the threat as a last hail Mary).

Tylee's father immediately contacted his lawyer about the threats & they went to the police where he volunteered to undergo days of interrogation, lie detector test, psych evaluations, you name it & he passed everything with flying colors.

At this point, another parent of one of Tylee's friends contacted the police to let them know that Tylee was telling her daughter on the phone about how the whole thing was concocted to ensure that Tylee got to stay in Hawaii.

Two weeks after that, I contacted the police myself because I heard the same "confession" from Tylee when she called my own daughter. My daughter knew what was going on so she put the phone on speaker when Tylee called & I was able to record the conversation. I turned this recording over to the police.

Tylee's motivation for wanting to stay in Hawaii was because Lori allowed her to be homeschooled & sleep all day. For a young teenager with an awkward personality & low self esteem, this was exactly what she wanted. (Tylee verified this on the recording that I have.) She also wanted to stay in Hawaii because nobody with a single brain cell would pick the hell of Arizona over the heaven of Hawaii.

Lori's motivation was to avoid having to pay the child support to Tylee's father that was awarded when he was given custody. (Tylee also verified this on the recording.) In reality, Lori never had many maternal feelings toward Tylee because Lori was a typical Mormon mom who cared more about appearances than she did her own children. Tylee has always struggled with her weight & Lori never missed an opportunity shame her for it. Lori's fat shaming Tylee started in middle school & I witnessed it myself many times when Tylee was at our home & put her mom on speaker phone so we could hear how verbally abusive she was acting. These same feelings carried over to JJ since he had a lot of behavioral & mental challenges so he didn't fit up to the Mormon perfection.

Before the molestation threats started, Tylee's father generously paid for my daughter's plane ticket to go visit Tylee in Hawaii over Spring Break. I have a few stories to share about this visit but I want to double check with my daughter for some missing details before I post about it.

I have so much more to say about this but I'm going to need to sleep on it because I can't think clearly right now. I apologize for how poorly written my post is but I'll try to form a more coherent one tomorrow after I get a chance to read through this thread. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

If they are alive then I 100% believe that Tylee's maternal grandparents know where she & JJ are right now. They are financially well off & would lay down their lives to protect Lori since she does no wrong in their eyes. Needless to say, Lori's narcissism was inherited from them.

I also think there is little chance that they returned to Hawaii since they had gotten involved in some shady business practices there & fled the state in the same haste in which they left Arizona. While things were shady there, I don't believe his business partners have anything to do with this disappearance in case anyone was wondering. The problems were mostly due to Charles being a greedy dick & wouldn't be worth anyone harming the children over it.

If this has been posted please delete found this on Rexburg police.
I've known this family for 10 years because my daughter was one of Tylee's best friends through elementary & middle school but they haven't kept in touch in a year or so (I am still friends with some of the the family on social media & I can provide further proof to the mods if needed). I stumbled on an article about this tonight & I'm in shock.

Tylee's father fought for custody for YEARS. Weeks after he was granted custody, Charles & Lori up & moved to Hawaii to "start a juice bar" & took Tylee with them. It was a very shady & spur of the moment departure.

Tylee was only suppose to be visiting her mom in town during her court allotted time. Her father tried to get in touch with Lori to arrange a pickup time but by then they had already left for Hawaii. They packed & moved in less than 5 days.

Lori has always had Tylee brainwashed so there was little her father could do to bring her home since Tylee refused to leave. Lori basically gave him an ultimatum- let Tylee stay in Hawaii & visit him twice a year, or she would tell the police that he sexually abused Tylee. (Kind of "funny" that she never mentioned this alleged abuse in the years they fought for custody but only brought out the threat as a last hail Mary).

Tylee's father immediately contacted his lawyer about the threats & they went to the police where he volunteered to undergo days of interrogation, lie detector test, psych evaluations, you name it & he passed everything with flying colors.

At this point, another parent of one of Tylee's friends contacted the police to let them know that Tylee was telling her daughter on the phone about how the whole thing was concocted to ensure that Tylee got to stay in Hawaii.

Two weeks after that, I contacted the police myself because I heard the same "confession" from Tylee when she called my own daughter. My daughter knew what was going on so she put the phone on speaker when Tylee called & I was able to record the conversation. I turned this recording over to the police.

Tylee's motivation for wanting to stay in Hawaii was because Lori allowed her to be homeschooled & sleep all day. For a young teenager with an awkward personality & low self esteem, this was exactly what she wanted. (Tylee verified this on the recording that I have.) She also wanted to stay in Hawaii because nobody with a single brain cell would pick the hell of Arizona over the heaven of Hawaii.

Lori's motivation was to avoid having to pay the child support to Tylee's father that was awarded when he was given custody. (Tylee also verified this on the recording.) In reality, Lori never had many maternal feelings toward Tylee because Lori was a typical Mormon mom who cared more about appearances than she did her own children. Tylee has always struggled with her weight & Lori never missed an opportunity shame her for it. Lori's fat shaming Tylee started in middle school & I witnessed it myself many times when Tylee was at our home & put her mom on speaker phone so we could hear how verbally abusive she was acting. These same feelings carried over to JJ since he had a lot of behavioral & mental challenges so he didn't fit up to the Mormon perfection.

Before the molestation threats started, Tylee's father generously paid for my daughter's plane ticket to go visit Tylee in Hawaii over Spring Break. I have a few stories to share about this visit but I want to double check with my daughter for some missing details before I post about it.

I have so much more to say about this but I'm going to need to sleep on it because I can't think clearly right now. I apologize for how poorly written my post is but I'll try to form a more coherent one tomorrow after I get a chance to read through this thread. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

If they are alive then I 100% believe that Tylee's maternal grandparents know where she & JJ are right now. They are financially well off & would lay down their lives to protect Lori since she does no wrong in their eyes. Needless to say, Lori's narcissism was inherited from them.

I also think there is little chance that they returned to Hawaii since they had gotten involved in some shady business practices there & fled the state in the same haste in which they left Arizona. While things were shady there, I don't believe his business partners have anything to do with this disappearance in case anyone was wondering. The problems were mostly due to Charles being a greedy dick & wouldn't be worth anyone harming the children over it.

You can edit and delete this if you do it quickly. Bringing comments over from FB is completely against the TOS. Let's give our mods a couple of days off. :)

Yes it's still up. I can't see fb and was wondering why one poster was reposting what another poster had said.

The disparaging religious comment in the middle was already objected to as well on-thread and may be an additional TOS violation.

I recalled one of the most bizarre things about their family dynamics yesterday & I don't think it has any value other than to show how secretive & weird they sometimes were.

They adopted JJ as a baby but they hid his existence from a lot of people for like 2-3 years.
Tylee was forbidden from telling anyone about him, including her father. My daughter spent the night at Lori's house a ton & she never saw any little kid or proof that one even lived there.

We only discovered he existed when he was around 3 years old & we ran into them in the waiting room at the dentist. Lori was leaving with JJ after a cleaning & he was hysterical & crying "mommy, mommy" on the way out of the door. We were super confused who he was so my daughter asked Tylee the next day at school & Tylee said he was her brother but please don't tell anyone.

I'm not one for secrets, especially one this bizarre, so I mentioned it to a couple parents, one of whom was in their ward, & they all seemed shocked. I asked Tylee's dad about JJ & he looked at me like I sprouted 2 heads. He had no idea they adopted years earlier either.

To this day, I can never understand why they went to such great lengths to hide him. Maybe they didn't hide him from everyone but it was still something off about the selective secrecy.

Last edited:
@azure - sorry the post flew by me, but you mentioned family said Lori and Chad have known each other for the past seven years? Do you remember where you saw that? I’ve been trying to work out where they met, or how.

Your website has no credibility if you allow this blatantly biased and mostly false information in a post like this. You don't have to be an insider to recognize this.

Summit County and Cache county? Lovely places to live so I guess they could choose one of those.....let’s throw in any other county in the country because that would be just as likely. LOL. Utah is full of mostly normal, nice people...and some wacky people. The same as EVERY. OTHER. STATE.

Lol. I have lived in Utah for over 30 years. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. I am not LDS, but I almost always find myself defending my state and the LDS church. Except for the snow, I love it here. It was a great place to raise my kids. I was just drawing on my knowledge of where religious extremists have gathered in the past. Just trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms