TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi Broussard: Court date set for ‘close friend’ accused of abducting slain mom’s baby. A second suspect is in jail, police say

Article within the last 30 minutes by Leigh. I think we have the same information carryover from last weeks articles IYKWIM, with new info re court appearance? Leigh is the FIRST to report that there has now been a second arrest?

"According to Travis County District Attorney’s Office, 33-year-old Magen Fieramusca is scheduled to appear in court on January 2. She’s facing two counts kidnapping and one count of tampering with evidence, namely a human corpse...... Austin Police Department, who confirmed that a second person has been arrested in connection with the case. The second suspect’s name, however, will not be released after a judge-issued gag order."

I don't see a new arrest with charges in Austin or Houston that has the same name as the homeowner FWIW, and Austin PD says they have no info as such either.

Because it's all under seal, maybe.

I am also not convinced that a second person has been arrested. That American-Statesman article with the poor wording about a suspect being arrested with the same charges as MF.... when in fact they were referring to MF being the suspect who hadn't been officially named by LE... has been floating around today. But if Austin PD is the source of a second person with the same charges, I guess we'll find out more.

"Much of the more than week-long, statewide search for Margot and Broussard is still unknown. A judge sealed nearly all of the court documents usually open to the public. Officers at the Austin Police Department tell us they expect them to be sealed for at least another thirty days."

NBC News: Wake, funeral planned for Heidi Broussard in Lake Charles, La.

I'll say this much: if CG was around his house when Heidi's body was in that trunk, there's no way he wouldn't know it.

Sadly, I agree. And also just having a car pulled through the RV/boat gate into the back is odd at best. But since he was gone when she "had the baby", perhaps he travels a lot. Most people I work with travel a ton for work. Let's hope so. Really, the last thing I want to believe is that more than one person was involved in this depraved crime. Or series of crimes, I guess.

I looked him up last week and had the same results as you. Not sure if they can keep the initial charges and 2nd arrest sealed or what. If the 2nd person arrested was also at the home where Heidi and Margo were found it also seems to point to CG. But it’s possible there really hasn’t been a 2nd arrest.

It's the probable cause document that was sealed. (see below source, and most media has the exact words as Fox) I don't believe they would seal an arrest. The first mention of sealing was a tweet from Dec 23rd.

Melissa Correa
@KHOUmelissa
· Dec 23
LATEST ON ATX ABDUCTION:

Baby Margot is still in foster care until DNA results confirm her, parents ID
TX ready to ask for temp. custody during Fri. hearing
@Austin_Police can't confirm they've caught Heidi Broussard's killer
Judge sealed docs for Magen Fieramusca
#khou11

Father of infant of a slain Austin mother shares photo after baby comes home (Fox43)
The probable cause document — which typically outlines the facts that justify an arrest –– has been sealed by the judge because the investigation is ongoing.

Infant of slain Austin mom has been reunited with her family (Fox 4)

The probable cause document -- which typically outlines the facts that justify an arrest -- has been sealed by the judge because the investigation is ongoing.

ETA: We went through this with the Frazee case. How long did they seal those docs? 30 days also? Perhaps they are pulling a KKL and getting someone to help with her prosecution and have need for time to do a deal, and don't want the info that they have in the public domain?

Last edited:
The probable cause document -- which typically outlines the facts that justify an arrest -- has been sealed by the judge because the investigation is ongoing.

I'm curious about whether this means she's talking (cooperating with regard to co-conspirators) or talking (giving them more details on what she did), or what part of the investigation would be compromised by it being unsealed.

Another question about the probable cause document being sealed. Does that involve Magen's arrest or the second arrest? Or both?

Last edited:
I'll say this much: if CG was around his house when Heidi's body was in that trunk, there's no way he wouldn't know it.
I wonder, though. I recall that Travis Alexander’s roommates were unaware that his body was in the house. Even if that house was air-conditioned (it it was), it seems so odd. So maybe a body outside a home would not be detectable for awhile?

1d4ff4ff3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow. I'd always heard the brains of psychos were different.

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member