TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...records are sealed due to the ongoing investigation. Do we know as fact that Travis County are the ones investigating? Any chance this is a federal investigation? If there is a second suspect and that suspect plotted this crime from another state and outside Texas would that fall under FBI jurisdiction? It would certainly explain the secrecy surrounding the case and could explain why a second suspect has not been located if they r in federal custody. JMO
The Austin Police Department is the investigative agency. They are/were being assisted by the FBI, DPS, the Texas Rangers, the Harris County Sheriff's Office, etc. The kidnapping and tampering charges are being prosecuted by Travis Co. MOO

Not true. I lost my son. His body was released to us the following day, after the autopsy. Service and cremation was a week after his death. The following week we received a "preliminary" death certificate which was not fully completed. It was a month or so before we received the final death certificate that was filed with the county/state.

It can take a few weeks to a couple of months to get toxicology results, and until the toxicology results are in they can't complete the autopsy report, and the coroner can't sign the death certificate (with cause and manner of death) until the autopsy report is complete.

ETA - our experience was that no one would accept the preliminary/pending death certificate. Everyone we had to present one to wanted the final.
Thank you. So sorry for your loss.

The Austin Police Department is the investigative agency. They are/were being assisted by the FBI, DPS, the Texas Rangers, the Harris County Sheriff's Office, etc. The kidnapping and tampering charges are being prosecuted by Travis Co. MOO

Thanks! I should have said do we know if they r still the lead investigators? Assuming that LE has discovered more evidence and details since the PC on Friday could they now have more information that leads the case away from Travis County and more into another jurisdiction?

ETA:In a statement to FOX 7 Austin, the lawyers representing Magen Fieramusca said that the hearing date is likely a place holder and not one in which Magen Fieramusca will be attending.
Court date set for 'close friend' of missing Austin mother
So what exactly is a place holder?

Last edited:
Does Fieramusca's name still show up in the arrest docket, or has it disappeared? If it's still there whoever the second person is should be there w/kidnapping and/or tampering w/evidence charges sometime between 12/19 and today. Right?

Just an add on as to searching. This is a copy of her bail bond from last year in case you want to get the middle name correct on someone you might be interested in searching. bailbondgreen.JPG source screenshot from https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIBJeD28yck

I wonder if MF had an almost “Fatal Attraction” relationship with HB? How jealous was MF upon learning HB had reunited with SC? And to learn HB was pregnant?
If MF needed to move, had no job, etc., did she hope to live with HB, maybe help with the kids?
MF had no qualms placing the blame on SC. It’ll be interesting to hear his “take” one day & I suspect we will.
All moo
I've been wondering the very same thing.

Wice says a trial on the aforementioned charges may take place locally.

“In my estimation, she could be tried in Harris County for either or both crimes. Why? Because the court of criminal procedures says that in a kidnapping case, the defendant may be tried where the victim is abducted, where the victim was found, or any county in which the victim was taken,” Wice said.

Once murder charges are ultimately filed in the case, Wice says the county where the murder took place should be the venue for a murder trial.
What’s next for woman accused in the kidnapping of Austin mom, baby? Legal analyst weighs in
That's because the county where the murder took place would have jurisdiction, right? Venue is just geography.

"The court does not have the right to hear cases that fall outside its jurisdiction"

We need a verified attorney on aisle 3 please

Thanks! I should have said do we know if they r still the lead investigators? Assuming that LE has discovered more evidence and details since the PC on Friday could they now have more information that leads the case away from Travis County and more into another jurisdiction?

ETA:In a statement to FOX 7 Austin, the lawyers representing Magen Fieramusca said that the hearing date is likely a place holder and not one in which Magen Fieramusca will be attending.
I haven't seen anything that indicates the investigation has changed hands.

I'm just guessing, but I think the place holder comment has to do with the timing applicable to the criminal process in TX. IOW, Arraignment typically occurs within 72 hours of arrest. MOO

@riolove77 or @gitana1, we would appreciate your expertise! The question we have is what is meant in the statement below by "place holder?" TIA :)

In a statement to FOX 7 Austin, the lawyers representing Magen Fieramusca said that the hearing date is likely a place holder and not one in which Magen Fieramusca will be attending. "At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney’s Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusca will appear in court.

Last edited:
Still trying to catch up with all this confusion. If there is a second person who helped MF or even was the one to murder HB who and why? What possibly could someone else gain from this? It makes no sense to me that there would be a second person. But then TC said it’s the most bizarre thing he could ever imagine. I honestly can’t think of who would help her (or hire her) to do this. Just thinking allowed
but please be careful that we are not accusing anyone close to MF as there has yet to be a second POI named by LE.
Bolded by me.
Not to worry I was responding to a theory by another poster pertaining to why MF hadn't been charged with the murder. IF there is more than one involved, they would need to determine who actually did it. I understand they would all be charged the same. BTW, who is TC because I have read the same thing. tia

Bolded by me.
Not to worry I was responding to a theory by another poster pertaining to why MF hadn't been charged with the murder. IF there is more than one involved, they would need to determine who actually did it. I understand they would all be charged the same. BTW, who is TC because I have read the same thing. tia
SC’s father

Sounds to me like they want to make sure they have a spot on the docket. Maybe they have something they want to get on the record. Do we know the names of her attorneys?

Question...records are sealed due to the ongoing investigation. Do we know as fact that Travis County are the ones investigating? Any chance this is a federal investigation? If there is a second suspect and that suspect plotted this crime from another state and outside Texas would that fall under FBI jurisdiction? It would certainly explain the secrecy surrounding the case and could explain why a second suspect has not been located if they r in federal custody. JMO

This is interesting as regards any federal charges:

"The charges announced Friday are state charges; Webb also faces a federal kidnapping charge, federal prosecutors said, because he used his phone, the internet, a car, hotel and interstate highways while committing the kidnapping."

He was also charged by the state for aggravated kidnapping (sexual assault).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox