TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
LOL!! I have no doubt we can all admit to that :) Many I have posted and then regretted, but sadly too late to edit and delete :(

Actually, the posts I was referring too were in fact posted, yet still remained in the comment box as well. Not always on the MT, yet always in PM's. o_O
I have the exact same thing in my PMS. The previous replies are automatically added to each new post, unless I make a conscious effort to delete them each time.

Bringing this over for discussion/sleuthing. I believe Heidi was pregnant with her son in 2014 - I'm wondering if MF was working at this daycare at the same time, maybe planning this same thing back then. Snatch a baby from a home daycare.

Was this daycare licensed?
edited to add: No & phone # does not receive calls

Magen Fieramusca (Humphrey)
958 Earlsferry Dr
Channelview TX 77530

The Mushroom Patch Child Development
958 Earlsferry Dr
Channelview
child care

NAME: MAGEN ROSE FIERAMUSCA
Race: White
Sex: Female
Date of Birth:
Address: 04102015 04122015 958 EARLSFERRY DR
CHANNELVIEW TX 77530
Charge: EXPIRED INSPECTION CERTIFICATE MC TR41C3710119 COMM

This post was pre-approved by administration
Can't imagine how those parents feel now---hearing that the woman caring for their baby at day-care just murdered her best friend and stole her baby girl. :eek::eek:

Tysm. I would think it imperative to list date of death as close to the actual date as possible for court proceedings. how can the DA claim HB’s body was in a trunk for a week if obit has a completely dif’ date?
The obituary is usually written by a beloved family member. Family usually use that date they found out their loved one was deceased, when composing the obit. They are not discussing things with the ME or the DA.
I have often seen the obit dates as being the date the victim was recovered, as opposed to the date of the actual death.

No point in filing murder charges yet, IMO. LE has plenty of time to gather evidence, dot all i’s and cross all t’s. She’s not going anywhere and if they rush and file charges now the clock starts ticking on a trial.

Any of our Lawyers want to weigh in? @gitana1 @riolove77 @BeeGirl

Agreed. Speedy trial rights kick in the moment she is charged. It makes no sense to charge her now when they can take their time building a solid case as they already have her in custody on other charges.

Yes. They put that out there pretty quickly. :(
Well, an autopsy wouldn't be required to determine a ligature type strangulation.. It is visible to the naked eye. I have a sense they didn't have even a preliminary autopsy report when they said that.
Full autopsy could take several months an that is likely to remain sealed until God knows when.
The sealing is a mystery.
Here's a few links that specifically discuss ligature strangulation and the visuals present when this occurs..

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ation_best_practice_for_health_care_providers

This one more graphic-

Strangulation is a form of asphyxia, characterized by closure of the blood vessels and air passages of the neck as a result of external pressure. There is a distinction between strangulation and choking, which is an internal obstruction of the airway. There is a misperception that strangulation is always fatal, and patients will often describe a “choking” episode following nonfatal strangulation.

the vasculature of the neck is relatively unprotected and vulnerable to injury and vascular occlusion. The application of 4.4 pounds of pressure to the jugular veins causes venous outflow obstruction from the brain and thus stagnant hypoxia. Eleven pounds of pressure to the carotid arteries can cause loss of consciousness in approximately 10 seconds. Compression of the trachea requires significantly more force: 33 pounds of pressure for occlusion and 35 pounds to fracture tracheal cartilage.2

Strangulation can be fatal in as little as four to five minutes. Mechanisms in addition to hypoxia due to vascular occlusion have been proposed. Pressure on the carotid body may cause bradycardia and subsequent cardiac arrest. Delayed mortality may be caused by carotid artery dissection, aspiration, postobstructive pulmonary edema, acute respiratory distress syndrome, or tracheal injury.
How to Evaluate Strangulation - ACEP Now

Wow @PommyMommy , thank you so much for the latest articles in the media thread, wow just wow.

Bringing them forward:

PommyMommy said:
DEC 25, 2019
Bob Bianchi: Suspect connected with death of Heidi Broussard could face death penalty
[…]

Police zeroed in on Fieramusca after a close friend of Broussard revealed details about the long friendship between the two women on the "Jay is 4 Justice" crime podcast.

“This is something prosecutors are going to take into consideration," Bianchi said. "... When you’re looking at a decision as to whether to make this a death penalty case, 'Should she be charged with murder because she [Broussard] was vulnerable?' ... because there was a friendship that was there,” Bianchi said.

"She [Fieramusca] took advantage of her … she plotted this for a significant period of time. These are all aggravating factors that would lead towards higher charges and higher sentencing," Bianchi added.

[…]

PommyMommy said:
Bryce Newberry on Twitter
Travis County DA’s Office confirms Magen Fieramusca, arrested in connection to Heidi Broussard’s murder, is set to make first appearance in Travis County District Court on Jan. 2. @KVUE
12:06 PM - 26 Dec 2019 from Austin, TX

DEC 26, 2019
Magen Fieramusca set to make first court appearance on Jan. 2
Magen Fieramusca, the woman arrested in connection to the killing an Austin mom and the kidnapping of her baby, will make her first appearance in Travis County District Court on Thursday, Jan. 2.

The formality hearing is scheduled to take place at 9 a.m. at the 460th District Court.

[…]

Fieramusca is currently being held in Travis County on two charges of kidnapping and one count of tampering with a human corpse. As of Thursday afternoon, there was no indication of any additional charges filed against her.

[…]

PommyMommy said:
DEC 26, 2019
Funeral for Heidi Broussard to be held in Louisiana
[…]

Johnson Funeral Home in Lake Charles, Louisiana confirms visitation for Broussard will take place on Friday, December 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. Visitation resumes the next day at noon. Broussard's funeral service will be held Saturday, December 28 at 2 p.m.

[…]

PommyMommy said:
DEC 26, 2019
Court date set for 'close friend' of missing Austin mother
[…]

In a statement to FOX 7 Austin, the lawyers representing Magen Fieramusca said that the hearing date is likely a place holder and not one in which Magen Fieramusca will be attending. "At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney’s Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusca will appear in court. As with every American accused of a crime, unless the State can prove these allegations beyond any reasonable doubt, Ms. Fieramusca is innocent."

DEC 26, 2019
Heidi Broussard: Court date set for ‘close friend’ accused of abducting slain mom’s baby. A second suspect is in jail, police say
[…]

According to Travis County District Attorney’s Office, 33-year-old Magen Fieramusca is scheduled to appear in court on January 2. She’s facing two counts kidnapping and one count of tampering with evidence, namely a human corpse.

[…]

The Nissan is registered to Fieramusca, who was a long-time friend of Heidi’s. ...

[…]

Neighbors near Fieramusca said she lived with a man who thought the baby was his. The man reportedly said he thought Fieramusca had their child while he was out of town working.

[…]

Meanwhile, family members planned Heidi’s funeral for Saturday morning. According to the Houston Chronicle, the wake will take place in Lake Charles, Louisiana, on Friday at 6 p.m., followed by funeral services on Saturday at 11 a.m.

[…]

PommyMommy said:
DEC 26, 2019
NBC News: Wake, funeral planned for Heidi Broussard in Lake Charles, La.
[…]

Next Thursday, January 2nd, Magen Fieramusca will appear in court for the first time. The 460th District Court set a 9 AM hearing. She’s charged with kidnapping and tampering with the body of Heidi Broussard.

Fieramusca’s lawyer, Austin Attorney JackieWood, tells KXAN they were given little information from prosecutors about the timeline and whether more charges will be coming.

[…]

Much of the more than week-long, statewide search for Margot and Broussard is still unknown. A judge sealed nearly all of the court documents usually open to the public. Officers at the Austin Police Department tell us they expect them to be sealed for at least another thirty days.

[…]

Owutatangledweb said:
This article was updated later:

EDITOR’S NOTE: A previous version of this story included details of an arrest that authorities cannot confirm, citing a gag order.

PommyMommy said:
DEC 26, 2019
Father of infant of a slain Austin mother shares photo after baby comes home
[…]

Authorities have not identified Fieramusca as the suspect, but CNN learned Friday from a source familiar with the investigation that Fieramusca is a suspect in the case.

[…]

The probable cause document — which typically outlines the facts that justify an arrest – has been sealed by the judge because the investigation is ongoing.

PommyMommy said:
Obituary for Heidi Elizabeth Broussard at Johnson Funeral Home

Heidi Elizabeth Broussard
June 15, 1986 - December 19, 2019

626581bc-8b15-43a6-8ca7-03acde983018.jpg

Heidi Elizabeth Broussard, 33, of Austin, TX died Thursday, December 19, 2019 in Houston, TX.

Miss Broussard lived most of her life in Lake Charles. She lived her early childhood years in Cameron and past four years in Austin. She was a 2004 graduate of LaGrange High School. She worked mostly as a waitress, the past four years at Cracker Barrel. Heidi had a real soft spot for animals and was currently applying to further her education to work as a Veterinary Technician. She loved listening to music, singing and dancing. Her spirit brightened every room she entered, her smile and laughter brightened the day and her heart and guidance lifted countless many. Even as a child, Heidi was the welcoming friend, the neighborhood “herd of kids” place to gather. She had a servant’s heart, and everyone was her “best friend”. She also was sure to see that others had what they needed. She was adventurous and willing to try anything once! Heidi also had an overwhelming faith in the Lord and “saw God as Love”. During her younger years, she was an active member of Abundant Life Fellowship, church camp and youth group. She was a member of Life Church of Austin and found comfort in raising Silas in the church and had already attended her first Sunday with Margo.

[...]

Funeral services will be at 2:00 PM Saturday, December 28, 2019 in the Johnson Funeral Home Chapel. Reverend Doyle Evans will officiate. Interment will follow in Highland Memory Gardens. Visitation Friday will be from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM and will continue Saturday from 12:00 PM until the time of service in the funeral home.

g35036.gif

PommyMommy said:
DEC 24, 2019
Fiancé of murdered Texas mom refused to believe what he was seeing on TV | Daily Mail Online
[…]

The fiancé of the murdered Texas mom found stuffed into a car trunk and their baby stolen from her refused to believe what he was seeing on TV as the police found her body, his best friend has revealed.

[…]

He was with his best friend MQ as a local news helicopter showed cops surrounding a house and a silver Nissan belonging to Broussard's long-time friend Magen Fieramusca.

[...]

MQ also said the FBI asked Carey repeatedly about Fieramusca before they and other law enforcement officers swooped on her suburban Houston home.

Initially, Quintanilla told true crime podcast The Critical Kay, which has been following the case closely, that Carey thought the raid unfolding before his eyes was fake news and some sort of 'media' stunt.

[…]

By this time, Broussard and the couple's newborn daughter had been missing for a week. Carey had made two tearful appeals and spoke repeatedly to police, Texas Rangers and FBI agents.

[...]

'I got a gut feeling and started feeling sour about it. Shane came out the room. I started asking questions like, ''Shane, just sit down because this information is a little much''.

'He sat down next to me, and first off, I asked him if he knew a silver Nissan. I showed him a picture and he said no.

[…]

'They said the medical examiners came out. There was a body in the trunk, there's a baby there. I asked him, ''who's Magen?''. He said ''wait, what are you talking about?''

'I said ''look man, they've found Heidi in the trunk of this vehicle that's been parked in the back yard of this house.''

'He was like ''shut the **** up man, don't talk to me, don't tell me this. Turn your phone off right now. This is the media.''

[...]

MQ continued: 'I said ''Shane, I love you man, I love you to death. This is breaking news. Why else would the police, Rangers, FBI, be at this house? It would be one thing if it was just Houston. But this might be really true.''

'He didn't want to believe me. He was star struck kind of. He said ''don't tell me this s**t man, and his knees buckled a little bit.'

MQ told the podcast that Carey's father, Ty, rushed over, having also heard the news about his intended daughter-in-law, and tried to console Carey.

[…]

MQ said Broussard's mother, Tammy, had been staying with them at their apartment helping to look after her daughter and new granddaughter, and they were all excited with the new member of their family.

[…]

'They even named the baby after Shane's grandma Margot,' he said.

'Shane wears a pendant around his neck with the diamond ring that was his grandma's. He wears a silver necklace that has a stone in the middle.'

[...]

'There was a second round of interviews with detectives once the FBI agents were involved,' the 29-year-old told the podcast.

'They've been drilling him about this woman named Magen, over and over.

'They knew something before. Monday [December 16] was the day he did that interview. He said they were drilling him with questions about anything to do with Magen. They brought her up multiple times.'

[...]

PommyMommy said:
DEC 26, 2019
Funeral for strangled mom Heidi Broussard set as attorneys for suspect speak out
[…]

Investigators are attempting to determine if Fieramusca kidnapped Broussard and her daughter in a plot to keep the baby as her own, an official briefed on the probe told ABC News.

Murder charges are pending the outcome of the investigation, officials said.

[…]

In their first comments on the case, Fieramusco's attorneys Jackie Wood and Brian Erskine said on Thursday that they are "anxious to review the evidence collected thus far."

"We are in the beginning stages of a very long process, but there are many questions that need to be answered," Wood and Erskine said in a joint statement to ABC News. "At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney's Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusco will appear in court.

"As with every American accused of a crime, unless the State can prove these allegations beyond reasonable doubt, Ms. Fieramusca is innocent," the lawyers said.

[…]

Fieramusca had allegedly been acting like she was pregnant and telling people that she was expecting a child, an official briefed on the probe told ABC News. Authorities are now trying to determine whether she was, in fact, pregnant, the official said.

Baby registries allegedly connected to the Fieramusca were found online indicating her due date was Dec. 1, the official said.

[…]

PommyMommy said:
DEC 26, 2019, Updated
Magen Fieramusca set to make first court appearance on Jan. 2
[…]

The Austin Police Department told KVUE a judge sealed the case on Dec. 19 and it's expected to remain under seal until at least Jan. 17. At that time, detectives can request the seal be renewed for another 30 days.

That means the documents related to the case, including details of what exactly may have unfolded leading up to Broussard's killing, are not available to the public.

[…]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member