Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very true. It's also possible the intent was not murder but the sexual encounter went awry. Doesn't change the tragedy or outcome, of course, but possibly an angle the defense will take- JMO.

Sent you a PM.

I see that M.L. is charged with "open murder," which covers both first degree murder (intentional, premeditated murder) and second degree murder (intentional but not premeditated murder or murder resulting from extreme indifference to human life). The open murder charge would cover either circumstance (intentional murder or sexual encounter gone awry resulting in death). But if the perpetrator kidnapped Kevin and then death occurred, whether intentionally or unintentionally, I wonder if the perpetrator could be charged with felony murder. (I'm not an attorney. These are just some thoughts about charges the perpetrator might face.)

Last edited:
IMO it's pretty early in. Tox. screens take weeks even months. Crime scene forensics can be delayed in a over worked Lab. I think the Open Murder charge "could" change as facts present. Or not.

The guy who owns the house where Keven was found has a pseudonym account on Facebook. From the looks of it, he is pretty heavy into the bdsm scene, which IMO makes it possible this was a sexual encounter scene that went horribly wrong. It may be that Kevin went voluntarily...lots of people into bdsm. If he came from work, he likely had extra clothes to change for the meetup which would explain the clothes in the car. Horribly sad outcome, my heart goes out to his family.

Last edited:
Thanks. Is it okay if I just remove the name?

Welcome Carin T. a gentle reminder until person is named in Main Stream Media we cant discuss. You might want to delete it. You will get the hang of it here.

While we are on the topic of main stream media, I am wondering why they haven't publicized the name of the person arrested. Isn't the fact that someone has been arrested and jailed a matter of public record? I ask because the media usually seems to be more aggressive about reporting this type of information. What are your thoughts on that, Bravo?

According to voter records, the owner of the house was born in 1969; which would make him 50. That’s the age of the man arrested.
The owner of the house on Tyrrell where Kevin was found? Is that the same house as the other situation? I saw a picture and it looked different, but did not see an address anywhere.

While we are on the topic of main stream media, I am wondering why they haven't publicized the name of the person arrested. Isn't the fact that someone has been arrested and jailed a matter of public record? I ask because the media usually seems to be more aggressive about reporting this type of information. What are your thoughts on that, Bravo?

Haven’t seen this posted yet, but they are withholding his name until he’s arraigned on Monday.

Kevin Bacon's body has been found

Yes it is public record but has he been arraigned yet? Likely not. Some Jail/Prison/ Court sites don't update in real time (for future reference) and it is the weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member