Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? All I've read are posts giving insight on the murderer's mental capabilities. This is very concerning to me. Why aren't we seeing anything about what this man did to this trusting young man who died?

Lonetraveler, at this time there is a dearth of information on what actually happened to Kevin. Someone can correct me if there is more, but I think we know only the following: Kevin probably met the perpetrator through Grindr; Kevin went to or was taken to the perpetrator’s residence on Christmas Eve; Kevin died late on Christmas Eve or early Christmas morning; and the perpetrator has been charged with first or second degree murder and mutilation. I really don’t think we know any more than that. We do, however, know quite a bit about the perpetrator, which explains all the discussion about him here.

Lonetraveler, at this time there is a dearth of information on what actually happened to Kevin. Someone can correct me if there is more, but I think we know only the following: Kevin probably met the perpetrator through Grindr; Kevin went to or was taken to the perpetrator’s residence on Christmas Eve; Kevin died late on Christmas Eve or early Christmas morning; and the perpetrator has been charged with first or second degree murder and mutilation. I really don’t think we know any more than that. We do, however, know quite a bit about the perpetrator, which explains all the discussion about him here.
Thank you, I know how this came about, I'm just a bit surprised that that is all we know about Kevin and what happened to him. It is sad that so much is known about the murderer and this crime still happened. I think this death could have been prevented if law enforcement had followed up on the other crimes.

Thank you, I know how this came about, I'm just a bit surprised that that is all we know about Kevin and what happened to him. It is sad that so much is known about the murderer and this crime still happened. I think this death could have been prevented if law enforcement had followed up on the other crimes.

In recent years, the amount of information that the public is given regarding details in cases has been limited.

You may be right that the situation would have been different if other situations had been followed up on. That said, my experience with people with mental illness that spirals to scary behavior is that the people in their sphere can often opt out of court cases or conflicts in favor of choosing to get out of the situation and get safe. (And, I would say that I can't blame many who choose safety rather than court.) When you have dealt with a person who tries to control you or scares you/your children, it might just feel like the distance makes you safer when very often it means the rest of us are not. This murderer has been described as scary with some very paranoid behavior by his former partner. In the custody situation, it seems to me that his ex was going forward through the incompetency stuff but with time and distance the case was resolved without court proceedings and we don't know what agreements were made.

Kevin sounds like a wonderful man who was beloved by his family, friends, co-workers and community. It is such a loss.

Very well stated and I agree. It'll be hard to justify that level of impairment given the circumstances (sexual, BDSM, history of prior victim running from home, online presence, etc). The prior case involved child custodial kidnapping, which also may have required a different burden of impairment.

His last public post on FB implies he was paranoid about the ingredients/chemicals in health store products and does potentially support JA's recent claims.
Olykos Kai Lukas

I think someone has gone into his FB account and deleted posts. There were more recently dated posts earlier today that are now not there.

Thank you, I know how this came about, I'm just a bit surprised that that is all we know about Kevin and what happened to him. It is sad that so much is known about the murderer and this crime still happened. I think this death could have been prevented if law enforcement had followed up on the other

Law enforcement and prosecutors are keeping information close to the vest as they build their case for trial. The public will probably learn more during the trial. I’m not sure that this could have been prevented, but oh how I wish it could have.

Thomas Edgar is also a chemical engineer and authored a book "Optimization of Chemical processes".

ML is a chemist.
I agree that this is where he got the name that he used. The engineer Thomas Edgar seems to be very well known and respected in chemistry circles and the book he authored was published by McGraw and Hill (see how that works...Thomas Edgar Hill)

In the interview below his estranged husband (He is still wearing his wedding ring) states ML has 4 children and he lost his job earlier this year.

Mid-Michigan NOW on Twitter

Just to be clear here, custodial interference doesn't necessarily mean the victim was his child does it? Odds are it was, I was just pondering it may not have been.

Can anyone clarify?

I wonder why he has a public defender. He had good jobs plus patents. One would think he should have plenty of $$$$$$$$

I read his FB posts. He sounds perfectly lucid. He must be very intelligent to accomplish what he did.

He looks like Rasputin to me. Who knows what he has gotten away with in the past. I imagine he is rather clever.

I see nothing strange about him saying there are unusual chemicals in the items he was talking about. The supplement industry is totally unregulated.

A guy in Michigan was just discovered to have dug a pit and put toxic chemicals into it that were leaking out.

Who knows what he knows. I think he may know how to fake his mental health.

The recent ex speaks about the murderer. The ex also spoke about ML's bringing home various men partners. Here is an excerpt:

"Arnold claims he tried, but Latunski didn't want to seek any help.

"I was told there was nothing i could do.. I couldn’t force him to get therapy. My hands were tied, so I moved out.. for my own safety," said Arnold.

Even Arnold, the person who took a vow with Latunski admits he even feared for his own safety when he still lived inside this house.

"If things progressed he might try to harm me," said Arnold.

Arnold says back in February Latunski lost his job.

And that's when he noticed a significant change in Latunski's behavior."

Murder suspect's husband talks about why he left relationship months ago

Neighbor: Initial victim 'scared out of his mind' after fleeing murder suspect's home

"Bacon’s death is now casting a different light on an unusual encounter in November involving Latunski's neighbor, Michael Parks.

“I hear a pounding at my door at 4 in the afternoon,” Parks remembered. “I jump up like my dogs are barking. This kid has his face covered with a rag and the phone to his ear and he’s like ‘HELP ME HELP ME, HE’S AFTER ME.’ Just scared to death.”

You know what? All I've read are posts giving insight on the murderer's mental capabilities. This is very concerning to me. Why aren't we seeing anything about what this man did to this trusting young man who died?
LE often doesn’t release those details in case someone else is involved. That way, they can still identify possible suspects based on their knowledge of the crime.

Latunski arraigned on murder, mutilation charges

"Myers added that when Bacon went missing on Christmas Eve, a friend who had a “bad feeling” sent her a link to a Nov. 26 Argus-Press article reporting an incident in Bennington Township in which a seminude man fled a home in the Morrice area.

Myers forwarded that information to Michigan State Police Dec. 27, who executed a search of Latunski’s residence in the 700 block of W. Tyrrell Road in Bennington Township — just north of Morrice — early the next morning. Bacon's body was found during the search."

I don't know what to think regarding killer being paranoid. Is he faking it?

I’d like to know what this guy’s “normal” is. This paranoid, suspicious behavior might be the norm for him or perhaps a part of a chronic or ongoing personality disorder. Or if his husband is telling the truth, perhaps he really is spiraling downward mentally. But having mental illness, even severe mental illness, does not necessarily make him legally “insane.”

Mark referred to himself as a wolf. This ( opinion) article/blog explains what that may mean.

Gay Men: Are You a Jock, Otter, Bear or Wolf?

"Semi-hairy, muscular, lean, attractive, and sexually aggressive, wolves are sometimes considered as part of the larger bear community or on the bear spectrum. They can be any age and normally have facial hair.

Some might also describe wolves as slimmer bears, but there is a lot of disagreement on this. Subgroups of wolves can be found in aging wolves, which are gay men with wolf-like features that are starting to turn a bit gray.

And then there are full-on silver or gray wolves, terms that describe an older wolf with gray or white facial and body hair."

MOO

Mental Illness and Insanity are related, but insanity, IMO, is not a foregone conclusion.

One can be mentally ill and not be insane clearly.

I see a VERY smart man on a downward spiral. I would not be surprised, based on his current and previous actions as reported, to find that he is mentally ill, but I'm not about to proclaim insanity. I don't think anyone else here is prepared to diagnose that either.

I also see a smart man getting what he wants, when he wants it, and how he wants it, all on his terms. I think his behaviour in court is part of that. He's working the narrative to suit his needs. He's playing the system. This is something he has been good at and he's going to keep working that angle as long as it suits him.

I believe he lured Kevin to his home on the pretence of a good time. He lied about other people being there. I do not believe this is sex gone wrong. It was intentional. This guy knew what he was doing and had intent. If it was sex gone wrong, why mutilate? No need for that. You mutilate because you want to do that. It serves a purpose. I hate to think what that purpose was, but he intended to do that.

So this, to me, shows preplanning, intent, ability to think and plan. He knew right from wrong in this particular case. I think other "dates" will come forward. They will fill in a lot of the pieces of puzzle. The stories are going to be terrifying I believe. Smartest thing the husband did was leave. My guess is, he would have been a victim too.

At the end of the day, I believe he's mentally ill, but he will stand trial and he will be found guilty. It's going to take a while to get him to trial because he's going to play his trump card of incompetency (of which there is precedence) and insanity. He's a smart guy, sick, but smart. He's going to work this every which way.

It is going to be so incredibly hard for Kevin's family and friends. It's hard enough losing Kevin, but to have to deal with this guy going forward is going to a whole other kind of nightmare. This guy is what nightmares are made of.

ALL MOO

MOO

Mental Illness and Insanity are related, but insanity, IMO, is not a foregone conclusion.

One can be mentally ill and not be insane clearly.

I see a VERY smart man on a downward spiral. I would not be surprised, based on his current and previous actions as reported, to find that he is mentally ill, but I'm not about to proclaim insanity. I don't think anyone else here is prepared to diagnose that either.

I also see a smart man getting what he wants, when he wants it, and how he wants it, all on his terms. I think his behaviour in court is part of that. He's working the narrative to suit his needs. He's playing the system. This is something he has been good at and he's going to keep working that angle as long as it suits him.

I believe he lured Kevin to his home on the pretence of a good time. He lied about other people being there. I do not believe this is sex gone wrong. It was intentional. This guy knew what he was doing and had intent. If it was sex gone wrong, why mutilate? No need for that. You mutilate because you want to do that. It serves a purpose. I hate to think what that purpose was, but he intended to do that.

So this, to me, shows preplanning, intent, ability to think and plan. He knew right from wrong in this particular case. I think other "dates" will come forward. They will fill in a lot of the pieces of puzzle. The stories are going to be terrifying I believe. Smartest thing the husband did was leave. My guess is, he would have been a victim too.

At the end of the day, I believe he's mentally ill, but he will stand trial and he will be found guilty. It's going to take a while to get him to trial because he's going to play his trump card of incompetency (of which there is precedence) and insanity. He's a smart guy, sick, but smart. He's going to work this every which way.

It is going to be so incredibly hard for Kevin's family and friends. It's hard enough losing Kevin, but to have to deal with this guy going forward is going to a whole other kind of nightmare. This guy is what nightmares are made of.

ALL MOO

As a mental health professional, I agree with all of this. Very well said.

ETA: The only aspect of this that is "positive" for lack of a better term, is that they do not have to wonder and worry about where Kevin is or what happened/who is responsible anymore as so many families of missing folks do. None of that makes it any less traumatic, horrific, and nightmarish for his family of course. My heart is with Kevin's family and friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member