OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators and school officials worked together to rule out whether Harley ever made it to school that Friday, searching all of their buildings and properties twice, including in the ceiling areas, dugouts, and other areas he could have hidden, said Port Clinton City Schools Superintendent Pat Adkins.

“The people behind this [effort] are not only our community members, but they are our friends and family,” he said. “We saw that with Devin when people came out in support, and people are coming out in support [now] for Harley. We fully believe Harley will return to Port Clinton, but we just have no idea where he is right now.”

This incident has been especially hard with students on break for its entirety, and that it came so closely on the heels of another tragedy — the accidental shooting death of a second-grader on Dec. 14, Mr. Adkins said. School administrators and counselors will meet Thursday to decide how to address Harley’s disappearance when students return to school on Monday.

Shannon Twining, who lives down the street from the Dilly family, said Harley would come by to pet their dogs, and that her 13-year-old daughter knew him. The family searched together in wooded areas, in other city neighborhoods, and at the library where her daughter said Harley liked to go.

“Basically, every time we go out, we are constantly heads on a swivel, looking around and making sure we don’t see him anywhere,” she said.

Ms. Twining said in the upcoming year that she plans to organize a coalition of parents willing to make sure kids make it safely to school and posted her thoughts on social media, which has played a large role in both ideas on where he might be, and on public opinion, both positive and negative.

“We are a tight-knit community, we should be looking out for each other,” she said. “If more parents get together, we can make sure no kid walks, and that every kid gets to and from school safely.”
'We are one big family:' Port Clinton rallies in effort to find missing teen

Do you know what the timeline is ? When was he reported missing? What about a cell phone? I have a son same age doesn't go anywhere without a cell phone. This is so sad.

Do you know what the timeline is ? When was he reported missing? What about a cell phone? I have a son same age doesn't go anywhere without a cell phone. This is so sad.

The timeline is distressing. Last seen by mom between 6 and 7 am Friday morning. Reported missing just before midnight Saturday. Unfortunately 41 hours lost.

Cell phone was broken, I believe

upload_2020-1-1_14-54-24.jpeg upload_2020-1-1_14-54-40.jpeg
Harley without his glasses.
Search Twitter - #HarleyDilly

Greyhound Bus Lines teams with the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) to offer runaway kids a free ticket home to get back with their families or guardians, if they choose to do so.

Every year, around 400 kids and teens who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound — anywhere in the U.S. — it’s called the “Home Free” program.

Here’s how the eligibility works:
  • The child, or teen, calls the NRS helpline.
  • Must be between the ages of 12 and 21.
  • Be named on a runaway report and be willing to be reunited with their family (and vice versa).
  • Home Free can be used two times by the same person.
  • A free ticket is provided for the parent, or legal guardian, if the person is 15 or younger.
  • The toll-free number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Greyhound offers free ticket home for runaway kids

*runaway report?? This is an unusual term. I’m not sure what that would mean.

Last edited:
My husband's very younger sister actually had a burn phone that she hid outside from her parents for when she got her phone taken away. She was about the same age, 14. I was shocked when I found that out because she didn't seem like the type to do that or go against her parents. She wasn't allowed to have a FaceBook account either when she was a preteen but she secretly had one of those too.

My concern is he had access to a device and streamed he was upset and someone that he had communicated with him in the past picked him up and took him. I think the he probably went willingly but now is being kept against his will. I feel he's very tuned in to his mom and her needs almost in a unhealthy way so I think that initially he was mad and upset but once he's cooled off would have come back already.

I'm thinking very much along the same lines. Here in the UK you can easily get a burner phone & a prepaid card for about twenty pounds. I haven't lived in the States in a while, but I bet you can do the same for about twenty bucks. Not an inaccessible amount for a kid Harley's age. I just have the feeling that he would have reached out to someone. Someone who may not have had good intentions.

I'm so very worried about him.

As the days go by, I feel less and less optimistic that Harley is still with us. It's really difficult to imagine the kid we've gathered such a vivid image of online to go radio silent for this long. I so hope to be proven wrong.

As the days go by, I feel less and less optimistic that Harley is still with us. It's really difficult to imagine the kid we've gathered such a vivid image of online to go radio silent for this long. I so hope to be proven wrong.
Keep the faith! I’m a practical sleuther, but something tells me not to underestimate young Harley. I believe he’s coming home.

(Boy I hope I’m right!)

amateur opinion and speculation

What is your source for this assertion?
Check the following post, please.

Here’s a video from the Port Clinton public page of Harley talking about other kids joking at school on 9-11. It was posted on September 11, 2017.

Mom says Harley is very empathetic to others because he suffers from PTSD due to past abuse..(in comments)

Heather Dilly

JMO

BBM
I think my working theories are that either he is being held against his will or that maybe he was walking on ice somewhere and fell under. When he disappeared, it was during a cold spell here. A few days afterwards it warmed up but perhaps it was cold enough for ice to form on some smaller bodies of water. Or maybe another misadventure of some sort.

That thought has been in the front on my mind too...or he suffered exposure and he just hasn't been found. I want very much for this young man to be some place safe and warm...

Edited for grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member