Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason others and I are having a heard time accepting the friend's account of PH leaving and texting her is because of PH's mom's statement that the friend's story kept changing. She did not elaborate on what changed though. I have no idea where I read the mom's statement as I am following this story on several different outlets. If that information is not allowed I can remove my comment.
I don’t believe I have read in MSM that mom stated co worker story keeps changing. At least not in those words. But she did say things don’t add up. I happen to think she’s right.

The mother told the newspaper 'there are a lot of things that don't add up' about the circumstances surrounding her daughter's disappearance two days ago.

Reward offered for information in the case of missing Alabama mom who left bar with two men | Daily Mail Online

I think the problem here is that many people posting in this thread (myself included) are doing so with the knowledge of the words that have come from Paighton’s mom. Unfortunately those statements were posted in places we are not allowed to openly discuss here.

So basically we have two sides of a discussion - those who are working with a little more information, that might be causing them to doubt the coworker’s account. And those who are going off MSM reporting only, and don’t see a reason to doubt the coworker.

I am all for the rules and totally understand why they are in place - but in this case, they are giving us a bit of a challenge.

A theory -

She knew the guys and died of an accidental drug overdose. She didn't send the text, the suspects did. At the time of the text, she was already dead. The purpose of the text was to establish that she didn't know the two guys and the fact that she was alive after midnight. The two guys were somewhere after midnight where there was camera or people to establish the fact they were there. I suspect the police figured out who the two guys were (because she knew them) and questioned them. They were caught in a lie based on evidence or their phone records and since she died of a drug overdose, either one of both of them talked. That's probably the "tip" that led the police to her body. If they claimed she died of a drug overdose and buried her, that would explain why the police didn't announce it was a murder pending the toxicology report.

One person’s opinion posted elsewhere but makes sense I suppose. To add to this, it wouldn’t surprise me if the friend was with her and doing drugs as well with the two guys at the time of death. Possibly helped construct the bar alibi for herself, the text, and the burial. Also wouldn’t surprise me if the burial location was connected to the friend. I doubt the friend wants to be connected to an accidental overdose, especially if she encouraged or was instrumental in the events leading up to it.
Excellent theory. Especially if the friend was doing drugs with her also. Friend was hoping the "I fell asleep" would sound legit when in fact it sounded anything but. I had a theory but I think you've changed my mind! Also explains "it's complicated" and no MOD/COD suggestion yet.

I think the problem here is that many people posting in this thread (myself included) are doing so with the knowledge of the words that have come from Paighton’s mom. Unfortunately those statements were posted in places we are not allowed to openly discuss here.

So basically we have two sides of a discussion - those who are working with a little more information, that might be causing them to doubt the coworker’s account. And those who are going off MSM reporting only, and don’t see a reason to doubt the coworker.

I am all for the rules and totally understand why they are in place - but in this case, they are giving us a bit of a challenge.
I think you are correct. However, I have not at all been on social media and I still find there has been enough quoted from several family members and friends in MSM that gives question to the details provided by the one person we know was with PH leading up to her disappearance.
When people closest to her say things don’t add up, her text was a big red flag, she would never leave with 2 strangers, etc. that holds more truth to me than the words of a co worker. IMO

We also have no possible way to verify that those words did in fact come from CH herself, because they were not seen directly from her account. It’s incredibly easy to create a fake account. Which is one of the many reasons why we can’t discuss it - I’ve seen what you are referring to and am still taking it with a giant spoonful of salt.

I'm starting to agree with other posters. Whoever buried PH knew the person who lived in that home. JMO

The neighbor said pretty much everyone on the street are kin to others on the street. Seems everyone would know the elderly gentleman was moved out by his family months ago. And everyone within earshot of when someone told someone else. Think grocery store chats as well. My mom's age group talks a lot about who's sick, etc

Hey, that’s fine if you want to doubt that she said those words. I was just trying to offer an explanation for why so many people seem to be bumping heads and not fully understanding one another here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’m not saying I doubt them :) I’m just saying that the way in which they were shared is suspect. I agree with you, and I agree with the fact that stories from those around PH might have changed. Just a friendly reminder not to take it verbatim. And to tiptoe carefully since we really can’t discuss much.

I don’t believe I have read in MSM that mom stated co worker story keeps changing. At least not in those words. But she did say things don’t add up. I happen to think she’s right.

The mother told the newspaper 'there are a lot of things that don't add up' about the circumstances surrounding her daughter's disappearance two days ago.

Reward offered for information in the case of missing Alabama mom who left bar with two men | Daily Mail Online
This article has a lot of info. Thanks for posting.

I would definitely assume the culprit knew the home was not occupied. Otherwise, IMOO, their thought went something like this: "hmm, that house looks like a good place to bury a body, i dont think they're home either, perfect, this the the one, their backyard will do" Seriously. Or just dumb luck? Nope. Whoever is involved felt safe enough to be at the home for an extended period of time to dig a hole, move her body & bury it there & felt they could do it without getting caught. They probably went inside the house too.

Definitely agree. The house has been vacant long enough for it to have been well known as empty. It could have been used as a drug house or a place for people to hang out and drink, or just crash — anything really.

Word gets around and many people could have regarded it as a good place to bury a body, even more so as a place of opportunity if something happened during activities in the house or (very) nearby. It’s risky to carry a body in a car, especially if the driver is impaired and at more risk of being stopped.

It’s also a lot easier to drag a wrapped body a short distance than it is to put it in the trunk of a car, especially if only one person was involved and that person is Either impaired or not especially strong.

If something did not happen in the house it seems less of an ideal location. Too many other places would be away from homes.

It seems like a terrible place to leave a body after a premeditated murder.

just thinking out loud because this entire case is confusing. But I still do not think she left the bar with the two men described and do not think she sent the text message herself, but do believe the killer is someone she knew. There is more to this.

JMO

Ok I'm confused. The Moms information is in the MSM articles. Can we or can we not use them?

Ok I'm confused. The Moms information is in the MSM articles. Can we or can we not use them?
The OP was making reference to a supposed post/message from the mother which we can not reference as it came from a place we can’t use.

Obviously use anything on MSM to your sweet heart’s content. Nice to see you, @Warwick7 !

I think you are correct. However, I have not at all been on social media and I still find there has been enough quoted from several family members and friends in MSM that gives question to the details provided by the one person we know was with PH leading up to her disappearance.
When people closest to her say things don’t add up, her text was a big red flag, she would never leave with 2 strangers, etc. that holds more truth to me than the words of a co worker. IMO
Agreed.

I live in Jefferson Co, but none of the places involved in this case. The attached photo looks exactly like my soil though.

I’ve never had a pet to bury (or even a pet at all, for that matter), so I could not say whether or not I could dig a grave myself. My small 7 year old son can dig pretty deep, pretty easily, with a plastic shovel.
Thanks for the confirmation! There's nothing like a boy and his shovel to get the job done!

The OP was making reference to a supposed post/message from the mother which we can not reference as it came from a place we can’t use.

Obviously use anything on MSM to your sweet heart’s content. Nice to see you, @Warwick7 !
Howdy Beth!!
It is still as clear us mud if we can use Moms information in MSM articles....

Is there any info on the coworker? Has there been any way to find a possible connection between the coworker and the owner of the house?
I believe we can't sleuth either yet, (unless they were named that I may have missed), but if they are linked or even related, it would certainly connect some dots.
MOO

What happened to my old websleuths? Where is magnolia, panthera, steelydan, etc.? This is crazy. We have a young lady found dead buried in shallow grave and all we are talking about is how her so called friends didn't respond to a fake text?
Aurea...I for one am enjoying all of your posts. Direct and no sugar coating! I don't know where your friends but I volunteer to be your "new" friend:)

Is there any info on the coworker? Has there been any way to find a possible connection between the coworker and the owner of the house?
I believe we can't sleuth either yet, (unless they were named that I may have missed), but if they are linked or even related, it would certainly connect some dots.
MOO
Nothing that we can bring here - but if I were the sleuthing type I’d say I haven’t found a connection from the hypothetical research i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix