Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case from the beginning and one thing that has never been mentioned (to my knowledge) is what time PH and her friend (or friends) allegedly arrived at the Tin Roof. A lot of talk about when the band started (10:30) and when PH left with the mystery men (10:45) and whether she was really there at all. Suppose all the activity started right after work say at 5 or 6 or even 7? And in the course of this something bad happened? She may have been deceased by say 9:00. So what to do? In order to deflect attention from guilty individuals they made up a story about seeing her leave TR, bring her debit card into TR and drop on floor. I have found out there is no cover charge at door so this could easily occur. In this scenario she may have even been buried by 12:15 - the same time the cryptic text was sent (another attempt to deflect from the actual event.) Of course this is all just a theory and my opinion only. This may contradict all MSM info but at this point I don't think we can believe any of it.
BBM
We have no confirmation of when/if they arrived at the Tin Roof.

It's hard to come up with a working theory when there is so much we don't know. It seems the only two facts that are indisputable are that Paighton went to work that day and that she is now deceased. I don't think anything in between has actually been confirmed, has it? Allegedly she went to the friend/coworker's house after work. From there they went to the Tin Roof. How did they get there? Did the friend drive her car? Uber? Third friend dropped them off? Has there been any confirmation that Paighton was actually at the club? How did the friend get home? When she got there was Paighton's car still there? If so, and she wasn't there when the friend went in, it seems she would have texted her before she got undressed and in bed to make sure she wasn't going to need a ride. Most people put their phone on the charger before they go to bed so the alleged text message would have shown on the screen. We can posit that she wasn't quite sober and didn't plug in the phone and didn't see the message to explain he not responding right away. Assuming they got to the friends house after work around 6 what time did they go to the club? So many unanswered questions. What if, before they went they wanted to score some drugs. Paighton calls someone she knows and they have nothing but know someone else who does. Paighton goes off with them. The are two large heavy set black men and Paighton seems ok with them. That could be the kernel of truth in that statement. She doesn't come back right away and the friend gets annoyed and goes to the club without her. These two men take Paighton somewhere and she's starting to feel uncomfortable but not terrified so she texts the friend. Things quickly turn bad and she has no other opportunity to ask for help. Word travels through the underground and a third party gets drift of it. The third party is himself a criminal and is arrested for something unrelated but figures he can use what he knows as a bargaining tool. That would explain why there had to be multiple searches because he didn't know the exact place she was buried he just heard it was down by the softball field. That's about all I can come up with so far. Feel free to chip away at it !

I'm unironically curious as to this forum's specific definition of "confirmed" so this seems like a good opportunity to ask.

What exactly is the difference in the media or police public reports between her being at work and being at the club that makes one "confirmed" and one not? Has there been video footage released of her at work that day? Have coworkers been interviewed specifically stating that she was at work?

I'm unironically curious as to this forum's specific definition of "confirmed" so this seems like a good opportunity to ask.

What exactly is the difference in the media or police public reports between her being at work and being at the club that makes one "confirmed" and one not? Has there been video footage released of her at work that day? Have coworkers been interviewed specifically stating that she was at work?

For me, the fact that there'd be multiple forms of corroboration for the work issue. Time clock, boss, coworkers, security cameras. If she wasn't at work I'm reasonably sure we'd know that. The bar? We have one person saying she was there.

No “official” confirmation. Assumption she was at work based off phone conversations her mother reported she had with her while she was at work and her father reporting she planned to go out with co workers after work.

Although this is my humble interpretation, the way reports have been worded lead me to believe her parents had heard from her at some point throughout the day. That doesn’t necessarily imply she went to work but I can’t imagine that bit of information wouldn’t have surfaced prior to now due to how easy that would be to confirm. Places of business tend to know when an employee is not present.

For me, the fact that there'd be multiple forms of corroboration for the work issue. Time clock, boss, coworkers, security cameras. If she wasn't at work I'm reasonably sure we'd know that. The bar? We have one person saying she was there.
I assume the LE and MSM reports would also contain that info, for example, disappeared from ‘x’ or at ‘x time’ as she was never seen at work that day. I think we can safely assume she was at work that day.

Bingo. At this point, I'm strongly suspecting the two heavy set black dudes are related to the two hispanic women in the Sheri Papini case. And that infamous, elusive nanny...

OK...I don't want to go off topic about the SP case...it was almost the death of me:)
But, what nanny? Was there a nanny in the SP case?

Oh my, @lmr I was in so much trouble on WS over the SP case! I literally had to take a break from it. And CA and Zanny the Nanny...ugh!

Links for all these “facts” please. Earlier in this thread LE are quoted as saying there was no evidence of anyone matching the description of the two men found. I don’t recall any proof that PH actually sent the text other than it came from her phone. I also don’t recall anyone other than the coworker saying PH was at the bar.
And, the media reports and statements from LE within them are clear to state the information was all from the missing persons report. All information for the missing persons report was provided in person by PH's Dad and brother, which they received solely from the co-worker. LE may very well have confirmed if she/they were at the bar and a better timeline of events but all they have released is that they found no information on surveillance that was helpful in the investigation and did not find anyone meeting the co-workers description of the 2 black men.

So what has been released is very cautiously and likely intentionally reported to have come from the missing persons report and what LE didn't find in surveillance.

MOO

A theory -

She knew the guys and died of an accidental drug overdose. She didn't send the text, the suspects did. At the time of the text, she was already dead. The purpose of the text was to establish that she didn't know the two guys and the fact that she was alive after midnight. The two guys were somewhere after midnight where there was camera or people to establish the fact they were there. I suspect the police figured out who the two guys were (because she knew them) and questioned them. They were caught in a lie based on evidence or their phone records and since she died of a drug overdose, either one of both of them talked. That's probably the "tip" that led the police to her body. If they claimed she died of a drug overdose and buried her, that would explain why the police didn't announce it was a murder pending the toxicology report.

One person’s opinion posted elsewhere but makes sense I suppose. To add to this, it wouldn’t surprise me if the friend was with her and doing drugs as well with the two guys at the time of death. Possibly helped construct the bar alibi for herself, the text, and the burial. Also wouldn’t surprise me if the burial location was connected to the friend. I doubt the friend wants to be connected to an accidental overdose, especially if she encouraged or was instrumental in the events leading up to it.
I agree that this is very a plausible theory.
  • The female work friend may have lead group to the house. One of the males may have talked to LE, but couldn't give exact location so LE had to start with broad search of the general area. I remember media said on 1/2 that LE was searching back yards with canines, so the witness/perp may have told them "back yard of a house ..."
  • More muscle involved in disposal of body.
  • The whole group may have gone to Tin Roof for cover, dropped the debit card, etc.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members