Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone call a tip in and tell them where her body was? What made LE check that place out?
Trussville PD released the following statement:
"On 1/2/2020 Detectives with the Trussville Police Department along with investigators with the Metro Area Crime Center developed information on a possible location for the remains of Paighton Houston. That information was shared with the Birmingham Police Department and Investigators arrived on scene and discovered what appeared to be a shallow grave. Law enforcement secured the area and a search was conducted this morning (1/3/2020) in which human remains were located behind a residence on Chapel Dr. Those remains have been identified as Paighton Houston. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Houston family as they begin the grieving process.

Snip

The sheriff's office shared this statement Friday night:

"On Thursday January 2, 2020 information developed by investigators working the missing persons case of 29 year old Paighton Houston led them to a home on Chapel Drive in Hueytown. Investigators from the Birmingham Police Department, Trussville Police Department, Jefferson County Sheriff Office and Hueytown Police Department worked together to narrow down the possible location of the body of Paighton Houston. On January 3, 2020, Investigators executed a search warrant at the home and located human remains on the property. Those remains were transported to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office and later identified as the remains of Paighton Houston. The examination is not complete and there has been no determination of the manner and cause of death. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will be continuing this investigation and prosecution will be through the Bessemer Division of Jefferson County."
Missing Trussville woman's body found buried in Hueytown
Bringing official LE statements over from last thread regarding discovery.

Although this is my humble interpretation, the way reports have been worded lead me to believe her parents had heard from her at some point throughout the day. That doesn’t necessarily imply she went to work but I can’t imagine that bit of information wouldn’t have surfaced prior to now due to how easy that would be to confirm. Places of business tend to know when an employee is not present.
That’s sort of where I am. And I have no doubt in my mind that LE knows more. I also agree that in the vast majority of cases, information such as this would have been made public, but in this particular instance, IMO, I don’t know if it’s safe to assume anything.

Here is what I found:
“‘I know she left our home Friday morning for work and was in contact with her family throughout the day,’ [Paighton Houston’s mother], Charlaine Houston said.”
Trussville family makes plea for missing daughter’s return

Charlaine told Inside Edition that not hearing from her daughter was very uncharacteristic. ‘She called when she got to work. She called when she went on break and then when she was leaving.’”
Body of Missing Alabama Woman, Paighton Houston, Found in Shallow Grave

But in the video that accompanies the article, her mom actually tells the reporter, “She calls me when she gets to work. She calls me when she leaves. She calls me on her break.” Personally, I don’t get the impression that she is talking specifically about the day Paighton went missing, but rather, IMO, she is describing her daughter’s typical behavior:

ETA: Please let me know if it has been confirmed elsewhere that Paighton was indeed at work on December 20th. Definitely would like to know.

Last edited:
In this case, I think it is.
I think the problem here is that many people posting in this thread (myself included) are doing so with the knowledge of the words that have come from Paighton’s mom. Unfortunately those statements were posted in places we are not allowed to openly discuss here.

So basically we have two sides of a discussion - those who are working with a little more information, that might be causing them to doubt the coworker’s account. And those who are going off MSM reporting only, and don’t see a reason to doubt the coworker.

I am all for the rules and totally understand why they are in place - but in this case, they are giving us a bit of a challenge.
But they are the rules and The Powers that Be at Websleuths DO shut down threads when there is violation of their terms, which even means posting about comments you have read in social media.

So respect the limitations and develop patience, please

This is a perfect example of how sloppy the reporting on this case has been. One report says "multiple tips" and the other says "information developed by investigators". No wonder we're all running in circles over it.
My take on that is that during the investigation, including multiple interviews (don't have MSM link handy), phone records and pings, video surveillance, and any potential phoned in " tips", they were lead to a few possible areas ( given the prior unknown about searches). So perhaps the combination of all of that (i.e. multiple) turned into "information developed by investigators." Moo

The neighbor said pretty much everyone on the street are kin to others on the street. Seems everyone would know the elderly gentleman was moved out by his family months ago. And everyone within earshot of when someone told someone else. Think grocery store chats as well. My mom's age group talks a lot about who's sick, etc

[bbm]

where is this info about an elderly gentleman coming from please

ETA: Zella posted a link for me thanks

Last edited:
Another fact that supports my theory is the amount of time that LE spent at the Chapel Dr. house, maybe 24 hours? And 1/2 that time it was raining and LE not even doing their investigation, so let's say LE actively spent 12 hours at that house, maybe? They were there just for the body? If they had thought that house was the crime scene, wouldn't they have been there for days, collecting fingerprints off all the trash? DNA off each soda bottle? They left all the trash in the side yard. They knew exactly where to find the body, and went and retrieved and left. Makes me think they do not suspect that is the place that she died, just the dump spot....IMO maybe they just verified that "cloth" was the sheet from the coworkers bed.....or some other similar scenario.....all MO.

And, the media reports and statements from LE within them are clear to state the information was all from the missing persons report. All information for the missing persons report was provided in person by PH's Dad and brother, which they received solely from the co-worker. LE may very well have confirmed if she/they were at the bar and a better timeline of events but all they have released is that they found no information on surveillance that was helpful in the investigation and did not find anyone meeting the co-workers description of the 2 black men.

So what has been released is very cautiously and likely intentionally reported to have come from the missing persons report and what LE didn't find in surveillance.

MOO

Another piece of information from the same report. Some posted they never read what clothing Paighton was wearing that night, or thought the info was not released. Not sure who gave this information to LE. From CNN 12/31

"She was last seen wearing ripped blue jeans, a coral-colored T-shirt and blue Converse shoes, police said."

A time of arrival to TR was never stated, Mom only said this

"Paighton had driven to the bar with the coworker earlier in the day, the mother wrote."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/31/us/alabama-missing-woman/index.html

Another fact that supports my theory is the amount of time that LE spent at the Chapel Dr. house, maybe 24 hours? And 1/2 that time it was raining and LE not even doing their investigation, so let's say LE actively spent 12 hours at that house, maybe? They were there just for the body? If they had thought that house was the crime scene, wouldn't they have been there for days, collecting fingerprints off all the trash? DNA off each soda bottle? They left all the trash in the side yard. They knew exactly where to find the body, and went and retrieved and left. Makes me think they do not suspect that is the place that she died, just the dump spot....IMO maybe they just verified that "cloth" was the sheet from the coworkers bed.....or some other similar scenario.....all MO.
Good observation. My theory only differs in that I do think they were at the bar earlier in the night, perhaps immediately after work, and all left several hours before 10:45 p.m. instead of meeting additional co-workers at another bar (all MOO). They may have even obtained the drugs while there and was the primary reason for being in Bham. I think the OD occurred in the co-workers apartment closer to maybe 8-10 p.m. Leaving time to drive back to Bham, drop the debit card at TR, dig shallow grave, and send text at 12:14 a.m. MOO

Snip

"It just takes time,'' said Washington. “We have to preserve the integrity of the crime scene and the integrity of the body.”

Snip

"It’s always hard whenever you find the remains of a person because there are family members attached to those remains,'' Washington said.
“Of course the most thing a family would want is to have their missing family member returned to them but we can’t give them that. The only thing we can do at this point is try to give them justice.

Body found in shallow grave in Hueytown yard identified as Paighton Houston

BBM

Good observation. My theory only differs in that I do think they were at the bar earlier in the night, perhaps immediately after work, and all left several hours before 10:45 p.m. instead of meeting additional co-workers at another bar (all MOO). They may have even obtained the drugs while there and was the primary reason for being in Bham. I think the OD occurred in the co-workers apartment closer to maybe 8-10 p.m. Leaving time to drive back to Bham, drop the debit card at TR, dig shallow grave, and send text at 12:14 a.m. MOO
IMO, that’s a lot of work for an unplanned murder.

Okay I see a public Justice for Paighton page on Facebook. I know some of those are allowed. I believ it to be run by a family member. Is that allowed? Actually, I am not sure it is run by a famiky member but her sister in law is posting to that page and her mother shared a post in private from the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member