Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Yes, I hope the dogs would have picked up on blood. But they couldn't have covered every square foot of land around Lewes, it does depend on where he went and their hunches as to that. If he was going for a pee, I would think he would not have stood in the road, but looked for a more secluded spot. There is an area of trees behind the buildings near the bus stop, it may be backing onto the council car park?, but google streetview doesn't allow me to zoom in on it because it's not accessible to traffic. I think a knife would be the most likely weapon carried by muggers.

JMO
I just wanted to add to this that on checking the weather for that night it started raining at about 9pm and continued raining all night and throughout the next day. That would have washed the ground somewhat, and I also think it could be relevant to AK's decision to get going, in case flooding worsened later on with the forecast rain.

Just spent an hour looking at various sources online regarding tidal currents around that time. Apparently, the only section of the River Ouse with any real tidal current is between Lewes and the outlet in Newhaven. The charts for the week from 20 to 28 December show as unusually high and with a strong tidal current, which drop significantly the days following and into the New Year. Also, the English Channel which Newhaven is on is an extremely busy shipping lane, one of the busiest in the world and has extreme under currents, which may explain why he hasn’t been found, if he went into the river on his night out, he would have been well out to sea by the time the river started to drop again. JMOO and not sure if particularly helpful but as I had spent the last hour looking at tidal charts and graphs, thought I should post something anyway.

I'm very familiar with the English Channel in this area.

Quite some time ago, I was part of the RNLI crew on the lifeboats at Eastbourne which is to the east of Newhaven. We've been out on many, many callouts around the coast in this area, as far as Brighton sometimes to assist the crews there and including the Newhaven area, as well as recovered probably at least 50 bodies in my whole time in service from the sea.

What I would like to say regarding Anthony ending up in the water in Lewes and being taken out to sea down the Ouse and through the ferry port at Newhaven into the channel, it is a tidal river, was flooded at the time and when the tide would be receding back into the channel, the chances of him getting that far would be very slim at best. This would be because if he had passed away and drowned, he'd have sank to the riverbed almost certainly very quickly, along the river and the river bed itself, there's a large number of areas that a body could have got snagged on and held in place. By the time the body starts to swell and become 'gassed' where it would float to surface, after over 2 weeks, he would have been found I'm sure.

By now, if he was in the water, he should realistically have surfaced by now and would have been spotted somewhere.

I would place a strong bet he didn't land in the River Ouse regardless of the current, water levels and flooding. IF he did end up in the Ouse, I'd gamble on him being around Denton Island area just before Newhaven port, I'd have hoped that area was searched especially as there's quite a lot of boats moored up on the west side of the Island.

We have picked up bodies from the beaches next to Newhaven a few times that were swept to shore. We also were given the grim task of recovering a lot of the suicides from Beachy Head.

There's also the DFDS TransManche yellow ferries sailing to Dieppe twice a day, morning and night routes. He could possibly have jumped onto the 23:00 sailing that night IF he absconded. That ferry is very easy to get on without a passport.

The 3 people in your photo, the person on the right of the photo, I really think that is Anthony. I haven't seen the CCTV clip of these 3 people, I can make out a yellowish label on his left ( as we look, the right ) lapel and the basic outfit the person is wearing does fit description as well as the persons hairline too. There can hardly be many at all in that vicinity of Lewes fitting an identical description of Anthony. What was the persons posture like in the CCTV clip?

It was the only footage I saw that made me think ..this is possible..I looked at most that was made public..the walk of this person was bouncing..so similar...the low neckline..high hairline and a label on the jacket ..these people crossed over the main road in front of ASK Italian and walked down towards the station at 20.04hrs ..everything seemed to fit ...I wish the actual footage was still available

I don't believe foul play happened.

I don't want to sound insensitive but .... How could he have been killed?

Gunshot - very unlikely in the UK. Also loud and would have drawn attention and probably been reported.

Knife - much more likely than gunshot but would leave blood evidence which would have been discovered.

Strangled - unlikely I think as AK is healthy and fit and would have put up a hell of a fight. At that time of night it would have attracted attention.

I can't think of another way to kill a grown man out on a road.

If something like this had happened it would have come to light quickly imo.

MOO.

He might not have been killed, maybe a quick sharp punch, knocked out then taken away. Possibly then succumbed and he may have been hidden.

Sarah Wellgreen has been very well hidden, she hasn't been found more than 12 months after being killed.

It was the only footage I saw that made me think ..this is possible..I looked at most that was made public..the walk of this person was bouncing..so similar...the low neckline..high hairline and a label on the jacket ..these people crossed over the main road in front of ASK Italian and walked down towards the station at 20.04hrs ..everything seemed to fit ...I wish the actual footage was still available

It seems a coincidence doesn't it? I haven't seen the guy in the flat-cap but who is the other person on the left? Is that a female or one of the lads out with Anthony? Is the flat-cap guy definitely Anthony's friend? Shame the footage isn't available, I could improve it if it was online somewhere. Any photo's of his friends from the night out?

so he had six hours to walk 40 miles. Probably not likely then but mathematically possible I guess

I do long distance walks. Even for a firefighter and amateur footballer (who i would guess is physically fit). 65 km without training or equipment in poor weather is a big big ask. Almost impossible.

Could he have walked for a while, say an hour or two, then caught a bus on route to Orpington?

Quite some time ago, I was part of the RNLI crew on the lifeboats at Eastbourne which is to the east of Newhaven. We've been out on many, many callouts around the coast in this area, as far as Brighton sometimes to assist the crews there and including the Newhaven area, as well as recovered probably at least 50 bodies in my whole time in service from the sea.

What I would like to say regarding Anthony ending up in the water in Lewes and being taken out to sea down the Ouse and through the ferry port at Newhaven into the channel, it is a tidal river, was flooded at the time and when the tide would be receding back into the channel, the chances of him getting that far would be very slim at best. This would be because if he had passed away and drowned, he'd have sank to the riverbed almost certainly very quickly, along the river and the river bed itself, there's a large number of areas that a body could have got snagged on and held in place. By the time the body starts to swell and become 'gassed' where it would float to surface, after over 2 weeks, he would have been found I'm sure.

By now, if he was in the water, he should realistically have surfaced by now and would have been spotted somewhere.

I would place a strong bet he didn't land in the River Ouse regardless of the current, water levels and flooding. IF he did end up in the Ouse, I'd gamble on him being around Denton Island area just before Newhaven port, I'd have hoped that area was searched especially as there's quite a lot of boats moored up on the west side of the Island.

We have picked up bodies from the beaches next to Newhaven a few times that were swept to shore. We also were given the grim task of recovering a lot of the suicides from Beachy Head.

There's also the DFDS TransManche yellow ferries sailing to Dieppe twice a day, morning and night routes. He could possibly have jumped onto the 23:00 sailing that night IF he absconded. That ferry is very easy to get on without a passport.
In your opinion, it is not impossible though? Could still be a possibility?

This is a really helpful post, thanks. I have attached some map views from Lewes to Newhaven for reference. There's a hell of a lot of watercourse between the two and I'm familiar with the flood plains around there and over Seaford way (not relevant here).

I was going to post this earlier but don't pretend to have any expertise in this, so I'll defer to you! I also feel it's unlikely he made it into the bay past the marina.

But I still feel it's most likely he went in. So where is he?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200107_165423.jpg
    Screenshot_20200107_165423.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20200107_165307.jpg
    Screenshot_20200107_165307.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 25
It seems a coincidence doesn't it? I haven't seen the guy in the flat-cap but who is the other person on the left? Is that a female or one of the lads out with Anthony? Is the flat-cap guy definitely Anthony's friend? Shame the footage isn't available, I could improve it if it was online somewhere. Any photo's of his friends from the night out?

It's a female..I wondered if he had asked someone the way to the station or just happened to walk close behind them

I've no idea if it's one of his friends..unlikely I suppose but just happened to also be wearing a flat cap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191231-115836_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191231-115836_Chrome.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_20191231-012048_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191231-012048_Facebook.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot_20191231-012051_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191231-012051_Facebook.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 175
I was the same with the cctv in station st ...it was removed from SM very quickly but I saw the moving images and the walk was almost identical, the timing fits exactly and the person is walking with a man in a flat cap (same as one of his group of friends were wearing) .. but I've had to accept the family and police would know far better than me ...I still wonder about it though

First time I’ve seen this image and I have to say does look incredibly like AK, his capped friend and the girl smoking with them outside pub. What time was this and who originally posted the image? Strange it’s been taken down .

In your opinion, it is not impossible though? Could still be a possibility?

I think everything in this case has an element of possibility about it, on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the highest possibility and 1 the lowest, I would place this at 1, or less than one. I suppose none of us can rule anything out completely.

It's a female..I wondered if he had asked someone the way to the station or just happened to walk close behind them

I've no idea if it's one of his friends..unlikely I suppose but just happened to also be wearing a flat cap

Have you noticed the guy on the second of your photos who is stood next to the parked cars? He's got a similar description, it looks like he has got the attention of the woman in front of the two guys walking down the street, they both make eye contact across the street? She looks across the road at him and he is looking over towards her and the two guys.

Also, on the coat of the guy in this photo, around the collar, it is sticking up as thought the coat is zipped up fully. Anthony's coat also has a collar like this with a zip up or button up kind of fastening. I'm a bit more inclined to think that the person on the right could also possibly be Anthony as well as maybe the guy behind the woman?

Whats the location of these photo's? Which camera was it filmed from?

First time I’ve seen this image and I have to say does look incredibly like AK, his capped friend and the girl smoking with them outside pub. What time was this and who originally posted the image? Strange it’s been taken down .

It was discussed before regards the woman but they are dressed differently

I believe it was cctv from outside the Royal oak at 8.04pm

Just want to say thanks for passing on your knowledge and also for the grim job that you do. Respect

I was the same with the cctv in station st ...it was removed from SM very quickly but I saw the moving images and the walk was almost identical, the timing fits exactly and the person is walking with a man in a flat cap (same as one of his group of friends were wearing) .. but I've had to accept the family and police would know far better than me ...I still wonder about it though
Funnily enough I also picked up on FC man from the moment they entred a Pub at 16:02 which ever pub it was until the moment they left said pub. I put it down to me following the Delphi case which is why the Flat Cap struck a cord with me. However having watched video footage of the group entering a public house with FC man and your still I sort of cant help but somewhat agree.

MingyMoo

It was discussed before regards the woman but they are dressed differently

I believe it was cctv from outside the Royal oak at 8.04pm

‘apart from the different clothes, she’s very like the woman stood with AK and cap man outside the pub earlier. She could have changed her clothing at some point. It’s a remarkable coincidence the 3 of them looking so alike the earlier group.

Have you noticed the guy on the second of your photos who is stood next to the parked cars? He's got a similar description, it looks like he has got the attention of the woman in front of the two guys walking down the street, they both make eye contact across the street? She looks across the road at him and he is looking over towards her and the two guys.

Also, on the coat of the guy in this photo, around the collar, it is sticking up as thought the coat is zipped up fully. Anthony's coat also has a collar like this with a zip up or button up kind of fastening. I'm a bit more inclined to think that the person on the right could also possibly be Anthony as well as maybe the guy behind the woman?

Whats the location of these photo's? Which camera was it filmed from?

The royal oak station street

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back