Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a crime scene in Rexburg? Them being taken away could include being harmed somewhere else.
All we have is reports from a neighbour that states JJ said he was going to his grandparents I believe, so that appears to be what he was told. This does appear to indicate they were leaving Rexburgh. Is there any SM from Lori or Chad or Alex from around that time? MOO

Lori stated she was going to marry the prophet Moroni. Does anyone know who that is? Is it perhaps Chad?

According to Mormon lore Moroni was an ancient prophet (approx 400AD) who hid the Golden Plates (an ancient record of American peoples who testified of Jesus) in a hill. He then appeared to Joseph Smith in the early 1800s several times to facilitate the finding/receiving of said Plates by Joseph Smith. ETA: Mormons believe Golden Plates were then translated by Smith into Book of Mormon.

I believe the divorce document, filed in February, states that she was already "sealed" (married by religious ordinance) to Moroni. This could mean that she was sealed to him posthumously, which is in accordance with LDS beliefs, or that, (speculating) following her other ideas on reincarnation, etc, this was someone who had been Moroni in a previous life. Sealing does not require a legal marriage (it's essentially a prayer given by someone who holds the authority to do them--i suspect someone "gave themselves" (dreamed up) authority.) And although there are specifics about being sealed to numerous people I 1. Don't know that Lori was sealed to anyone else? 2. Suspect she wouldn't play by those rules anyhow.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Opinion - I am not sure Tylee ever made the move to Idaho from Arizona.....moo
What makes you think that? Didn't the neighbour in Rexburg meet her? Also, there were Venmo transactions from her phone so could LE work out a location from those transactions? I'll look for the article about the neighbour.

ETA here it is

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

"Just a week after they moved in, JJ told Seth's son that he and his sister would be leaving soon.

"They told my son that, 'Oh yeah, we're going to go visit my grandmother.' We didn't know where that was. I said, 'Oh, okay,' and I understood because school was about to start. The semester was about to start and she was going to school, from what I understood," Bernard said.

The grandmother told investigators that visit never happened. Bernard didn't notice anything odd about the family.

"The weird thing is there were no warning signs. No 'Hey, there's something going on here.' There was nothing. They were very nice, very friendly. She baked us brownies one time," Bernard said. "

I am wondering if they visited a grandma for Tylee's birthday and she (Tylee) was "starting school" as the "semester was about to start".

So could she be at a religious school?

Last edited:
According to Mormon lore Moroni was an ancient prophet (approx 400AD) who hid the Golden Plates (an ancient record of American peoples who testified of Jesus) in a hill. He then appeared to Joseph Smith in the early 1800s several times to facilitate the finding/receiving of said Plates by Joseph Smith. ETA: Mormons believe Golden Plates were then translated by Smith into Book of Mormon.

I believe the divorce document, filed in February, states that she was already "sealed" (married by religious ordinance) to Moroni. This could mean that she was sealed to him posthumously, which is in accordance with LDS beliefs, or that, (speculating) following her other ideas on reincarnation, etc, this was someone who had been Moroni in a previous life. Sealing does not require a legal marriage (it's essentially a prayer given by someone who holds the authority to do them--i suspect someone "gave themselves" (dreamed up) authority.) And although there are specifics about being sealed to numerous people I 1. Don't know that Lori was sealed to anyone else? 2. Suspect she wouldn't play by those rules anyhow.

MOO
TY for that info. I googled Moroni but got no results. Maybe I spelt it wrong.

Last edited:
I still can't figure any reason as to why Lori would hide the children in a live state somewhere. There was no active custody battles. Both fathers were dead. Police apparently believed that Charles was killed by Alex in self-defense, so she wasn't in any legal trouble.
It would appear that killing of Charles was barely investigated. The same day Lori was reportedly able to throw a pool party.
Tammy was still alive in the end of September, so Chad wasn't in any legal trouble either.
Grandparents weren't after custody (I presume they knew they had no shot as grandparents). They only asked for a welfare check on Joshua after they haven't heard from him in 3 months, and that was in November.
So, why would Lori hide live children somewhere?

I still can't figure any reason as to why Lori would hide the children in a live state somewhere. There was no active custody battles. Both fathers were dead. Police apparently believed that Charles was killed by Alex in self-defense, so she wasn't in any legal trouble.
It would appear that killing of Charles was barely investigated. The same day Lori was reportedly able to throw a pool party.
Tammy was still alive in the end of September, so Chad wasn't in any legal trouble either.
Grandparents weren't after custody (I presume they knew they had no shot as grandparents). They only asked for a welfare check on Joshua after they haven't heard from him in 3 months, and that was in November.

The only thing that really works for me in answering this is that, in her deteriorating mental status, she developed paranoid fears for their safety and future. Her delusions are so deep that it's impossible to even guess what those fears might be.

That's not very satisfying, but I don't know that you can look for much logic in what's been going on with her and her family.

The only thing that really works for me in answering this is that, in her deteriorating mental status, she developed paranoid fears for their safety and future. Her delusions are so deep that it's impossible to even guess what those fears might be.

That's not very satisfying, but I don't know that you can look for much logic in what's been going on with her and her family.
It doesn't sound to me like she had fears for their safety and future from some of the statements attributed to her. I believe it's more likely she weren't interested in them anymore.

What makes you think that? Didn't the neighbour in Rexburg meet her? Also, there were Venmo transactions from her phone so could LE work out a location from those transactions? I'll look for the article about the neighbour.

ETA here it is

Mom of missing Rexburg children fled before FBI raid, neighbor says - Local News 8

"Just a week after they moved in, JJ told Seth's son that he and his sister would be leaving soon.

"They told my son that, 'Oh yeah, we're going to go visit my grandmother.' We didn't know where that was. I said, 'Oh, okay,' and I understood because school was about to start. The semester was about to start and she was going to school, from what I understood," Bernard said.

The grandmother told investigators that visit never happened. Bernard didn't notice anything odd about the family.

"The weird thing is there were no warning signs. No 'Hey, there's something going on here.' There was nothing. They were very nice, very friendly. She baked us brownies one time," Bernard said. "

I am wondering if they visited a grandma for Tylee's birthday and she (Tylee) was "starting school" as the "semester was about to start".

Her friend , I think it was, said she got her GED. She doesn’t go to school.

What was the phone ping that made Arizona authorities alert Rexburg police on November 27? Was the ping from Tylee's phone (someone else using it)? Is its relation to "Arizona death investigations" a misprint as only Charles Vallow's death was being investigated at that pont (Alex was still alive)?
Parents of missing Rexburg children issue statement, attorney says they are ‘loving’ and ‘devoted’ | East Idaho News
Perhaps it was Alex’s phone. We learned he had moved to ID in a unit near Lori’s. They may have been looking into Charles death further or investigating the shots fired from the Jeep in AZ. Could also be Melani’s phone as a suspect in her estranged husband’s attempted murder.

It doesn't sound to me like she had fears for their safety and future from some of the statements attributed to her. I believe it's more likely she weren't interested in them anymore.

The only reason someone would keep children alive and hidden when they don't want them is because the children are being held hostage. She hasn't put any conditions out there for their release, so I don't think that works, either.

But again, I wouldn't really try to apply the playbook of logical behavior to her.

ETA here it is

Sorry I don't know how to do a partial quote! But re: venmo transactions. MOO is that all those venmo transactions on Tylee's phone are from Lori. They have the exact same style as the ones from Lori's phone. I think a 17 yr old sending an older brother $ would be (lovely but) unlikely. It fits with the Oct 25 text not being sent by Tylee.

What was the phone ping that made Arizona authorities alert Rexburg police on November 27? Was the ping from Tylee's phone (someone else using it)? Is its relation to "Arizona death investigations" a misprint as only Charles Vallow's death was being investigated at that pont (Alex was still alive)?
Parents of missing Rexburg children issue statement, attorney says they are ‘loving’ and ‘devoted’ | East Idaho News

I don't think it's a misprint. They may have also been tipped off about Joe Ryan's death in Apr 2018 and might be investigating that too even though they are not saying anything about it. MOO.

The sheriff of Fremont County, ID did a video interview in which he also mentioned something about multiple deaths in AZ and the reporter wrote it up in a way that it sounds like there was more than one death before Tammy's body was exhumed (Alex died the day after Tammy was exhumed):

EastIdahoNews.com asked Humphries if Chad Daybell was acting unusual or suspicious when deputies were at the home.

“To my knowledge, he was responding like anybody would whose spouse had just passed away. That’s why the deputies didn’t suspect anything suspicious,” Humphries said.

A few days later, Humphries said his office was alerted by detectives in Arizona about the other deaths. Tammy’s body was exhumed from the Springville Evergreen Cemetary and an autopsy was performed. Investigators are waiting for autopsy lab results, which could take a few more weeks.

One question that has been raised is whether Tammy Daybell had a large life insurance policy. Humphries said he could not comment on that issue but confirmed it is being investigated.

“There is some information along those lines that I’m not at liberty to speak about right now,” he said.

Read more: Sheriff details what happened when deputies responded to Tammy Daybell's death as Lori Daybell's son makes a passionate plea | East Idaho News

BBM.

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

The sheriff mentions multiple deaths in AZ around 7 minutes:

Last edited:
BBM. Do you have a motive for their killing? If the investigation into Charles' death wasn't a problem, and the kids weren't deemed witnesses to Lori's crime(s), then why?

"They told my son that, 'Oh yeah, we're going to go visit my grandmother.' We didn't know where that was.

While I don't feel it is likely, I do like to hope that they are with the Cox grandparents (or other family members on her side that have not been part of the narrative thus far). We have not heard anything from them or seen any reporting on them in MSM. It would be helpful if the Woodcocks could share any information about interactions between JJ & Tylee and Lori's side of the family (aside from Alex who they have mentioned). Surely CV had met his in-laws and had opinions of them he may have shared?

There was a solution to that as well, other than killing them. She could have left them with relatives (for a while at least). It would not have been the first time.

Agree. I'm strongly leaning towards the children not being alive, although I would love to be proven wrong. Not only did Lori make statements about not wanting the children anymore, LE says they do not believe the children are with Lori. And LE also says Lori knows where they are OR what happened to them. I think the only way the children are alive and still being hidden is if Lori sold them to someone who did want them for bad purposes. Because I believe Lori is all about money. But children being sold seems to be a very rare scenario in missing children's cases (I could give some example cases but the circumstances don't fit with this case at all). So I'm back to thinking that the children may not be alive. :(

MOO.

Perhaps it was Alex’s phone. We learned he had moved to ID in a unit near Lori’s. They may have been looking into Charles death further or investigating the shots fired from the Jeep in AZ. Could also be Melani’s phone as a suspect in her estranged husband’s attempted murder.
The police log states the call was "in relation to a missing child case" and also "had to do wih the Arizona death investigations". The attempted murder wasn't a death investigation.

Money is the only reason I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua