Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

BBM
Apologies if I've scrolled through and missed , but where was that bit of info found ?

I did post where to find it early this morning, but it isn’t allowed on here and so was deleted...
100% agree.

Drunk men falling in rivers whilst walking home is an age old problem. It got so bad in Bristol people were actually thinking there was a 'serial pusher' on the loose as it was happening so often;

New police statement on deaths of young men found in water

Then the city council installed special cameras that have saved two lives already;

'Two lives saved' by Bristol Harbourside's 5G cameras

Going back to AK, you have to remember he had never been to Lewes before, and was very drunk. Whatever reason he left- to find a shop, train station, bus stop, just for a walk because he was in a mood- all he had to do was turn left and walk five minutes from his last sighting and he would be by the river. I think personally he was lost and disoriented trying to get wherever he was going and has had an accident, the exact circumstances of which are going to be tricky to ascertain unless more CCTV or a witness turns up.

Of course being pushed is not impossible. But on the balance of what is likely - he was seen on CCTV alone and not followed, I assume police have accounted for the rest of the group's whereabouts, is AK really going to have had an arch nemesis lurking in a town he's never been to before? Of course could be random but seems very unlikely to me.

My partner had an incident once where he almost ended up in a canal. Men just drink themselves silly when in big groups and take risks. I think there needs to be a national campaign to encourage men to not walk home alone, perhaps more late night police patrols near waterways, CCTV etc. In this day and age something must be done to stop these awful tragedies occuring. Personal responsibility is of course a factor but we can do more as a society to raise awareness.

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, I personally don’t think he appeared “very drunk”, in fact, in the second confirmed video of him walking back up past the E&C he didn’t even appear tipsy

in the later two videos captured of him at 8:45pm he didn’t look drunk at all. He wasn’t staggering — in any of the footages.

I think it’s very strange that he was walking around Lewes — alone — for approximately 1:45 hours.

Why would anyone do that for no reason?
It’s definitely strange in my view

I don’t go along with this “he needed a pee and went to the river”....I’ve seen men, both drunk and sober, peeing behind bins, hedges, doorways...it’s easy for them to sneak in a dark corner & pee

I did post where to find it early this morning, but it isn’t allowed on here and so was deleted...

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, I personally don’t think he appeared “very drunk”, in fact, in the second confirmed video of him walking back up past the E&C he didn’t even appear tipsy

in the later two videos captured of him at 8:45pm he didn’t look drunk at all. He wasn’t staggering — in any of the footages.

I think it’s very strange that he was walking around Lewes — alone — for approximately 1:45 hours.

Why would anyone do that for no reason?
It’s definitely strange in my view

I don’t go along with this “he needed a pee and went to the river”....I’ve seen men, both drunk and sober, peeing behind bins, hedges, doorways...it’s easy for them to sneak in a dark corner & pee

Where was he in the 8:45 footages please?

<modsnip: Do not discuss moderation>

He was captured twice on a man’s private CCTV walking along, then coming back about 20 minutes later, at around 8:45pm

It is online, but I’m not au fait with the rules here so can’t give a link.

It’s easy to find if you look at the helpful site who tried to find him when he went missing in LEWES

He first walked one way down a street (just as he did when leaving the Lamb), then in the same way, about 20 minutes later walked back the way he’d come...quiet quickly as he did in the first video on his return, crossed a road and headed towards a gym

I feel that the gym was closed...The couple watching the video seemed surprised somehow.

Yes

Two separate videos

one where he was walking in one direction, and the second one about 10 minutes later walking back and crossing a road
No, the garage video was not confirmed by the family/ police that it was Anthony. The video you are talking about was when he was walking on the opposite side of Elly ( Elephant and Castle pub), behind a couple with carrier bags. This video has been edited and he goes up, then comes back in around 18 minutes, given that the time on the CCTV is correct.

I agree with you that he does not appear excessively drunk in the cctv footage. However, the family were shown the North Street Garage footage and said it is not Anthony.

Is the North Street Garage the one recorder at around 8:45pm?

There's two videos about 20 minutes apart where the man does exactly what AK did in the first: he walked down one way, then came back about 20 minutes later

This second separate video (s) show a man who looks identical to AK: same build, same clothing, same walk with a limp, same swinging the arms...and even the same kind of route, albeit in a different road

He looks identical in every single way

No, the garage video was not confirmed by the family/ police that it was Anthony. The video you are talking about was when he was walking on the opposite side of Elly ( Elephant and Castle pub), behind a couple with carrier bags. This video has been edited and he goes up, then comes back in around 18 minutes, given that the time on the CCTV is correct.

That’s the first video

The video I’m talking about was captured at around 8:45pm and it’s the same man in every single way

May I just say, I know certain things aren’t allowed on here, but the videos (there’s two) that Im talking about are not the ones when he walked past the E&C and back

These two videos were captured at approximately 8:45pm

The man looked, was dressed and walked identically to AK in the first videos

The site that it’s still on hasn’t taken it down, despite the tragic outcome, which points heavily to them knowing the video is indeed AK. If it wasn’t why would they keep it up, and at the start of a thread too?

Anyone looking at the video taken later would see the man is identical in every way...

CCTV1 Elephant & Castle walking out of town @ 7:19
CCTV2 Elephant & Castle walking back into town @ 7:37
CCTV3 HJ Barbers Market St walking towards High St @ 7:41
CCTV4 North Street Garage walking north @ 8:25
CCTV5 North Street Garage walking south @ 8:42

(the last two being unconfirmed at present)

I always thought the North Street garage footage was him but the family said it wasn't.

I don't really know how you progress from that point except to say the police are obviously aware of the footage and will hopefully keep it in the back of their minds when they're trying to piece together his final movements.

CCTV1 Elephant & Castle walking out of town @ 7:19
CCTV2 Elephant & Castle walking back into town @ 7:37
CCTV3 HJ Barbers Market St walking towards High St @ 7:41
CCTV4 North Street Garage walking north @ 8:25
CCTV5 North Street Garage walking south @ 8:42

(the last two being unconfirmed at present)
When you see it written in a timeline like this he seems completely lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back