Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a quote from the detective on the case that the case is being looked as self-defense, and is only kept open to assist missing children investigation. So, I really doubt LE was hot on anybody trail regarding the death of Charles Vallow. I think Arizona contacting Idaho was because of attempted murder of Brandon B.

It is possible that Chandler Police are saying it still was being looked at as self-defense for Lori's benefit. Thinking the children may have witnessed more that they are saying they do not want to add more to the danger the children are no doubt in.
I don't think the children are any longer alive. Anyhow, if the case wasn't looked at as self-defense, seems there was plenty of time to investigate and make arrests before the death of Alex.

Attempted murder of Brandon B. wasn't something anybody could pass off as self-defense. The jeep in which attempted murderer arrived, was registered to Charles Vallow, who was by that time dead for months. So seems like that case should have been a no brainer, but police couldn't make an arrest in that case either.

I don't think the children are any longer alive. Anyhow, if the case wasn't looked at as self-defense, seems there was plenty of time to investigate and make arrests before the death of Alex.

Didn't AC move to Rexburg the end of August with LV? CV was shot 7/11/19 and the owner of the rental LV was staying at told her to move by 8/30/19. Both left the state within 6 weeks after CV was shot by AC. Case is still open.

Then, BB was shot at early Oct., Tammy died suddenly Oct. 19 and the Grandparents called for a well check Nov. 26.

If you do not mind me asking, I'm super curious as to your thoughts regarding Alex having committed suicide. Seems not a lot is known about Alex other than his nefarious activities, I wonder if he became depressed about all that had had happened (shooting Charles Vallow, Tylee and JJ missing), but yet he had just been married...very strange.
JMO. I think Lori loved him too much to kill him. They were obviously close, and I just get the sense they're a do-anything-for-family family. But, between murdering/attacking people, and drug abuse, I don't think he was mentally ok. And I don't know how or if he chose his new spouse, but my sense is that being part of the in-group was the most important factor, and then timing, not necessarily love or even particular like. I don't know, perhaps she's lovely, just my guess. I just image things started to spin out of control for him. Perhaps he heard Tammy was exhumed, though I'm not sure he would have heard that early. Perhaps he was involved with the death of the 2 missing kids and like others have said it was too much. I dunno, although certainly not out of the realm of possibility, I just think him being murdered is less likely.

Right...whatever this is (I honestly think custody is in play based off of things on fb that can't be posted on here) it most certainly started and centers around JJ. Tylee has appeared as an after thought to me from day one. :( MOO

I don’t think there is a custody battle as the motivation for hiding now, but I think Lori was right to fear there might be an effort for JJ’s biological family (KVW and the other sibling) to get him back after Charles was killed. MOO Lori should have given JJ to them!

I’m pretty sure that Tylee regularly went off to stay with friends, and before her dad JR died it is said she was also visiting him for extended periods, so even though it’s sad that the grandparents weren’t wanting regular contact with her too, like JJ, I think it’s understandable if they just figured was off doing her own thing. The Woodcock grandparents likely already weren’t having the same kind of contact/time with their older step-granddaughter as they were with their grandson that they raised for the first year.

I don’t get how LE says that Lori knows where the kids are or what happened to them. Did she say that to them through a message? If LE knows where they are, and is making that public, won’t that just inspire Lori and Chad to move/hide again? How long before they can just swoop down and arrest them? They need to have a solid murder case first? If the kids are alive we need to find and save them, urgently. These are severely traumatized children and it’s crucial to get them out of hiding/isolation, with sane relatives, and into intensive treatment, ASAP.
If the kids are dead, then arrests need to happen before Chad and Lori kill anyone else who gets in their way.
I agree. My speculation that LE knows where Chad & Lori were (and are) is based on: LE's earlier statements saying that they knew Chad & Lori had left the state, LE's statement that they believed Lori knew where the children were (or knew what happened to them), the fact that the FBI has been involved for over a month, and the fact that it's now been close to six weeks since 11/27 - when they first discovered that Chad and Lori were gone.

Like many other WS'ers I'm sure, I'm frustrated by the seeming pace of LE investigation and their release of information, but I'm sure they have a strategy and are doing everything they can.

But consider that LE knew that the children were missing and that Chad & Lori were gone by 11/27. TD's body was exhumed for autopsy in UT 12/11, and AC's body was found in AZ 12/12.

Then on 12/21 Rexford PD says (re: the children) "we think they are in pretty serious danger".

Then on 1/3 Freemont Sheriff indicates LE thinks death of Tammy is related to missing children.

Then on 1/6 same Sheriff says TD may have been poisoned, but that test results won't be available for at least another two weeks (late Jan?)

Then on 1/10 (re: AC death and autopsy), according to an abcnews.go.com article, a public information officer for Gilbert, AZ PD "expects the autopsy to take two and a half months" (end of April?). Huh?

Just seems slow when you consider the children are in "pretty serious danger".

On 7/11/19 - Chandler police say Cox shoots Charles Vallow to death in self-defense. Charles was Lori Vallow’s fourth husband. The investigation is still open. But Cox died unexpectedly last month. Gilbert PD is investigating his death. #fox10phoenix

View attachment 225276 View attachment 225277 View attachment 225278

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter
Sorry, I know you guys have likely went over this, but is there suspicion that Joseph Ryan was also murdered? Death unattended in his home?

Last edited:
The problem with Tammy's autopsy is that she was buried for several months before exhumation. Some poisons metabolize quickly and it might not be possible to find them even after toxicology.
Not sure why Alex' autopsy would be taking so long. But if he was poisoned by an unknown poison, it might be hard to find and many tests need to be done.

I could be wrong but believe it was AZ who notified ID about Lori and AC. AC's case wasn't closed. I think they fled because the LE were hot on their trail besides LV wanted to be with Chad.
Missing children have possible ties to 2 deaths and people with 'cult-like' beliefs

About the felony for Alex.

VERIFY: Can a felon legally have a gun in Texas?
KHOU 11 was able to Verify that Texas Penal Code Sec 46.04 allows for a person with a felony conviction to possess a firearm on the premises where he lives, five years after the disposition of his conviction.

VERIFY: Can a felon legally have a gun in Texas?

Also, I thought the LE from AZ that was involved with the group (PAP or ?) was let go in 2006.

News report stated Mow was fired from Chandler Police Dept in 2006, but I also found valid documents online that he took a "medical retirement" from Phoenix Police Dept in 2017.

Sorry, I know you guys have likely went over this, but is there suspicion that Joseph Ryan was also murdered? Death unattended in his home?
He died unattended and the body wasn't discovered right away. Autopsy was done, and death was attributed to cardiovascular disease, but I don't think they did toxicology. Body was cremated. Even if there were any suspicion death wasn't natural, nothing can be done about it now.

I agree. My speculation that LE knows where Chad & Lori were (and are) is based on: LE's earlier statements saying that they knew Chad & Lori had left the state, LE's statement that they believed Lori knew where the children were (or knew what happened to them), the fact that the FBI has been involved for over a month, and the fact that it's now been close to six weeks since 11/27 - when they first discovered that Chad and Lori were gone.

Like many other WS'ers I'm sure, I'm frustrated by the seeming pace of LE investigation and their release of information, but I'm sure they have a strategy and are doing everything they can.

But consider that LE knew that the children were missing and that Chad & Lori were gone by 11/27. TD's body was exhumed for autopsy in UT 12/11, and AC's body was found in AZ 12/12.

Then on 12/21 Rexford PD says (re: the children) "we think they are in pretty serious danger".

Then on 1/3 Freemont Sheriff indicates LE thinks death of Tammy is related to missing children.

Then on 1/6 same Sheriff says TD may have been poisoned, but that test results won't be available for at least another two weeks (late Jan?)

Then on 1/10 (re: AC death and autopsy), according to an abcnews.go.com article, a public information officer for Gilbert, AZ PD "expects the autopsy to take two and a half months" (end of April?). Huh?

Just seems slow when you consider the children are in "pretty serious danger".
I know this isn't new news, but I needed this reminder today, as I was going over old news articles, with fresh eyes. Fremont County Sheriff's Office is investigating Tammy's death. Not Rexburg. Rexburg was just fine with it being natural causes. I don't think this means they are corrupt, maybe that they are just small town cops, where murder doesn't happen very often. I'm hoping the FBI have taken over the investigations by now.

Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of 49-year-old Tammy Daybell. Daybell, who had worked as a school librarian in Rexburg and Sugar City, was found deceased in her home Oct. 19, and her death was initially believed to be from natural causes, according to a Rexburg Police Department news release. She was buried in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22, but a later investigation by the sheriff’s office revealed the death might be suspicious. The sheriff’s office exhumed her remains Dec. 11, and the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy.

He died unattended and the body wasn't discovered right away. Autopsy was done, and death was attributed to cardiovascular disease, but I don't think they did toxicology. Body was cremated. Even if there were any suspicion death wasn't natural, nothing can be done about it now.

We don’t know for sure that JR died unattended though.
We do know that he had been desperately fighting to get visitation with Tylee for years prior, and that Lori made false accusations about him to prevent that, and we know Charles paid a lot of money to help Lori fight JR for custody. If he died of a regular heart attack rather than poisoning, etc., it was probably due to the stress of being Lori’s ex and the heartache of missing his daughter.

If body wasn't found right away, how could the death possibly be attended? Yes, we don't know if anybody else was there when JR died, but if this person was not a doctor, it wouldn't be an attended death by legal definition.

ah, I see. I apologize. I thought unattended meant that he died alone, nobody else was there.

I didn't see much backpedaling. She only distanced herself slightly from Chad and Lori's religous beliefs (especially Lori's) and from Chad's friendship, but insists that the kids are safe and that Tammy is happy (so not mad for getting murdered or anything). Yeah, and Charles was evil.

I think if I had had to put up with everything Tammy seems to have put up with in that marriage, I would be really glad to be finally away from it, even if I did have to be dead to do it.

...just kidding, just MOO...

I know this isn't new news, but I needed this reminder today, as I was going over old news articles, with fresh eyes. Fremont County Sheriff's Office is investigating Tammy's death. Not Rexburg. Rexburg was just fine with it being natural causes. I don't think this means they are corrupt, maybe that they are just small town cops, where murder doesn't happen very often. I'm hoping the FBI have taken over the investigations by now.

Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of 49-year-old Tammy Daybell. Daybell, who had worked as a school librarian in Rexburg and Sugar City, was found deceased in her home Oct. 19, and her death was initially believed to be from natural causes, according to a Rexburg Police Department news release. She was buried in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22, but a later investigation by the sheriff’s office revealed the death might be suspicious. The sheriff’s office exhumed her remains Dec. 11, and the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy.
Rexburg has no jurisdiction in Tammy's death. Rexburg is a city in a different county (Madison). The Daybell's lived in a house in Fremont County which is why it is Fremont County that is investigating.

The problem with Tammy's autopsy is that she was buried for several months before exhumation. Some poisons metabolize quickly and it might not be possible to find them even after toxicology.
Not sure why Alex' autopsy would be taking so long. But if he was poisoned by an unknown poison, it might be hard to find and many tests need to be done.

Tammy was exhumed after 6 weeks, not months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti