Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't new news, but I needed this reminder today, as I was going over old news articles, with fresh eyes. Fremont County Sheriff's Office is investigating Tammy's death. Not Rexburg. Rexburg was just fine with it being natural causes. I don't think this means they are corrupt, maybe that they are just small town cops, where murder doesn't happen very often. I'm hoping the FBI have taken over the investigations by now.

Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of 49-year-old Tammy Daybell. Daybell, who had worked as a school librarian in Rexburg and Sugar City, was found deceased in her home Oct. 19, and her death was initially believed to be from natural causes, according to a Rexburg Police Department news release. She was buried in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22, but a later investigation by the sheriff’s office revealed the death might be suspicious. The sheriff’s office exhumed her remains Dec. 11, and the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy.

With so many departments involved it is hard to keep jurisdiction straight. Understandable

Lori enrolled JJ on 9/3. He came to school up to and including 9/23 (we assume). On 9/24 Lori "unenrolled" JJ. What that last part involved isn't clear, but I suspect it could be as little as calling and telling them he wouldn't be coming back.

I believe the term used by the principal was "checked out" of school. I took that to mean she picked him up for the day and signed him out. It could mean she permanently withdrew him too. Just saying that the principal's terminology may be important for determining intent. Did something happen and LV actually withdrew JJ? Or did she just routinely pick him up for the day intending for him to be there he next day and something happened after that?

I believe the term used by the principal was "checked out" of school. I took that to mean she picked him up for the day and signed him out. It could mean she permanently withdrew him too. Just saying that the principal's terminology may be important for determining intent. Did something happen and LV actually withdrew JJ? Or did she just routinely pick him up for the day intending for him to be there he next day and something happened after that?
Principal confirms Lori Vallow planned to home-school J.J.

Principal Josh Wilson of Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg has confirmed to the Post Register that J.J. Vallow last attended school Sept. 23. On Sept. 24, Lori Vallow came to the school and disenrolled J.J., telling the school she planned to home-school him.​

Charles was killed by Alex in self-defense, so she wasn't in any legal trouble. It would appear that killing of Charles was barely investigated. The same day Lori was reportedly able to throw a pool party.

I don't believe Charles's death was anything other than a premeditated murder. But playing devil's advocate here...

Is it possible that the pool party was spontaneous because the police were processing the crime scene and kept them out of the interior of the house? And frankly, it would not even be suspicious for her to be celebrating his death. They were involved in a contentious divorce after all. CV having been killed in self defense and LV celebrating openly are not contradictory and in my mind would not necessarily raise suspicions with the police.

I don't believe Charles's death was anything other than a premeditated murder. But playing devil's advocate here...

Is it possible that the pool party was spontaneous because the police were processing the crime scene and kept them out of the interior of the house? And frankly, it would not even be suspicious for her to be celebrating his death. They were involved in a contentious divorce after all. CV having been killed in self defense and LV celebrating openly are not contradictory and in my mind would not necessarily raise suspicions with the police.
How would you have a pool party if you can't access the interior of the house? Where are the pool goers going to change, or use the bathroom? And would you spontaneously go to a pool party at a pool associated with a house where someone was just shot at? I sure wouldn't. And they weren't actually involved in a divorce proceedings when Charles was shot, he withdrew his petition.

According to Mormon lore

Another question about Mormon beliefs...Do regular Mormons believe in reincarnation? (I don't intend that to be a loaded question. I'm wondering what most regular people believe rather than what the official theology might teach.)

The Arizona death investigations does not necessarily mean multiple deaths - that would be "Arizona deaths investigations". If they said death investigations it would mean investigations regarding the one death IMO.
Only if they knew and understood proper grammar!

I know this isn't new news, but I needed this reminder today, as I was going over old news articles, with fresh eyes. Fremont County Sheriff's Office is investigating Tammy's death. Not Rexburg. Rexburg was just fine with it being natural causes. I don't think this means they are corrupt, maybe that they are just small town cops, where murder doesn't happen very often. I'm hoping the FBI have taken over the investigations by now.

Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of 49-year-old Tammy Daybell. Daybell, who had worked as a school librarian in Rexburg and Sugar City, was found deceased in her home Oct. 19, and her death was initially believed to be from natural causes, according to a Rexburg Police Department news release. She was buried in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22, but a later investigation by the sheriff’s office revealed the death might be suspicious. The sheriff’s office exhumed her remains Dec. 11, and the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy.

Tammy died in Fremont County, NOT in Rexburg. Rexburg PD has nothing to do with Tammy's death. It isn't even in Fremont County, but in Madison County, the next county to the south from Fremont. My point being that they were "just fine with it" because it had nothing to do with them.

No, IDK why. And I don't have any source for that statement, either (so take it as an opinion). It's just a trend I have noticed and others have posted about in cases I have followed on WS- that Friday is a common arrest day in big cases. MOO.
Courts are closed on weekends. It gives LE extra days to pressure and interrogate.

Another question about Mormon beliefs...Do regular Mormons believe in reincarnation? (I don't intend that to be a loaded question. I'm wondering what most regular people believe rather than what the official theology might teach.)

Short answer is no, at least not in this life.<modsnip: Removed additional religious comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad had a podcast speaking about how ID would play into his endtimes visions. He also claimed he was told by a mysterious voice upon visiting the area that he would live here soon, which caused the family to move there. If Alex and Melani were buying into his prophet shtick, maybe they were all going to be part of that prophecy. I've seen other people linked to auxiliary members of this case speaking about making pilgrimages to the area, so there might have been more followers convening in one spot.

I am convinced there is a group of people on a compound somewhere waiting for the end times. I have no clue whether it is 4 or 4000 (400,000 would be too hard to hide).

I grew up in a rural area. People hear things, stumble on things while hunting and fishing, etc. Where I grew up there were a couple of "compounds" where strange things happened or groups lived and just kept to themselves. People knew about them. I'd like to hear from any folks who live in the area around Rexburg whether there are tales of places like this. I'd expand the question as far as Billings. One of our involved parties, not a POI, is from Billings.

In all the incidents (with perhaps the exception of JR), including: the deaths (CV, TD, and AC - whether they were due to natural causes or something else), the attempted shootings (BB - and I guess I consider that the paintball gun incident at TD's qualifies as an assault), the divorces (CV/LV, BB/MB, IP/former wife, and possibly others), and the marriages (CD/LD, AC/ZP, MB/IP), I think an argument could be made that a shared belief about end times could have played a role in certain individual's or couple's actions/behavior, and that in retrospect, perhaps a corresponding urgency was in evidence.

Over a period of just 5 1/2 months starting in July '19, the number of "incidents" is simply astonishing. People dying (or being shot at) in the midst of marital discord and/or shortly before a former spouse's marriage to another person (a time frame of between approx 3 and 6 weeks for 4 different couples). That's not to say that there's no evidence that some of these newly married individuals hadn't perhaps known one another for longer periods of time (before they either became divorced, or became a widow or widower).

But it just gives you the feeling that there's been an urgency to all these incidents - that each of the individuals (those still alive anyway) was for some reason rushing to get ready for something - perhaps the end times. I read that at one time Lori was predicting that the end times was imminent.

I say all this in an effort to help locate the children. If Chad & Lori (and possibly others) believed that the end was coming soon, could they have possibly sent the children to the area of Adam-ondi-Ahman, or Zion (reported to be in Missouri in the area of Gallatin, Jameson, and the north banks of the Grand River)? Could that location be where they themselves are ultimately headed? Same with MB/IP and possibly others with similar beliefs? Just wondering.

I don’t get how LE says that Lori knows where the kids are or what happened to them. Did she say that to them through a message?

BBM: isn't that, to some extent, standard LE playbook? "We know you are killers" means "you aren't smarter than we are". In this case, it also means "we're not fooled by your attorney's BS statement." I believe it's designed to nettle them into coming out of hiding with live children, just in case they are not heartless and haven't killed the children.

I would bet Hawaii has some definite off the grid places, and apparently a large LDS community. I’ve read of a few conferences there as well. Possible sympathizers.
I live in Hawaii. There are some serious offgridders and new agers here. And there is a large LDS community. But the LDS community seems to be fairly mainstream. A lot of whackiness happens here but I have never heard of anything associated even remotely with LDS or end-times.

You also have to remember that Hawaii requires a plane flight. That creates a travel record so by now LE know if they came here and exactly when.

It makes sense to me that they came here and got married. But there will be records. Marriage licenses in Hawaii are not public record.

In all the incidents (with perhaps the exception of JR), including: the deaths (CV, TD, and AC - whether they were due to natural causes or something else), the attempted shootings (BB - and I guess I consider that the paintball gun incident at TD's qualifies as an assault), the divorces (CV/LV, BB/MB, IP/former wife, and possibly others), and the marriages (CD/LD, AC/ZP, MB/IP), I think an argument could be made that a shared belief about end times could have played a role in certain individual's or couple's actions/behavior, and that in retrospect, perhaps a corresponding urgency was in evidence.

Over a period of just 5 1/2 months starting in July '19, the number of "incidents" is simply astonishing. People dying (or being shot at) in the midst of marital discord and/or shortly before a former spouse's marriage to another person (a time frame of between approx 3 and 6 weeks for 4 different couples). That's not to say that there's no evidence that some of these newly married individuals hadn't perhaps known one another for longer periods of time (before they either became divorced, or became a widow or widower).

But it just gives you the feeling that there's been an urgency to all these incidents - that each of the individuals (those still alive anyway) was for some reason rushing to get ready for something - perhaps the end times. I read that at one time Lori was predicting that the end times was imminent.

I say all this in an effort to help locate the children. If Chad & Lori (and possibly others) believed that the end was coming soon, could they have possibly sent the children to the area of Adam-ondi-Ahman, or Zion (reported to be in Missouri in the area of Gallatin, Jameson, and the north banks of the Grand River)? Could that location be where they themselves are ultimately headed? Same with MB/IP and possibly others with similar beliefs? Just wondering.

I certainly wouldn't rule that last theory (or any of the rest of it) out.

I am convinced there is a group of people on a compound somewhere waiting for the end times. I have no clue whether it is 4 or 4000 (400,000 would be too hard to hide).

I grew up in a rural area. People hear things, stumble on things while hunting and fishing, etc. Where I grew up there were a couple of "compounds" where strange things happened or groups lived and just kept to themselves. People knew about them. I'd like to hear from any folks who live in the area around Rexburg whether there are tales of places like this. I'd expand the question as far as Billings. One of our involved parties, not a POI, is from Billings.

I grew up in Montana, went to college in Utah, before moving east.

In the Montana/Wyoming/Idaho mountains, there are survivalists, polygamists, ordinary communes, communes of several dozen religious cults, communes of radical lesbian separatists, colonies of frontier re-enactments, isolated individuals who would have been happier as mountain men, right-wing paramilitary groups, reclusive rock stars and actors, and those are just the ones I've personally run across over the years.

When you get out into the plains, you'll find a lot of survivalist/prepper types, not all religious, who have purchased and moved into the underground silos where we used to store ICBMs in case the Soviet Union decided to send bombs. This article is from ten years ago but I don't think much has changed except the price: Nuclear Family Housing: Life In a Real Missile Silo Home Lots of pictures.

From the article: "Most nuclear missile sites comprise much more than the actual missile silo. Underground control complexes attached to the silo by tunnels provided personnel with long-term living facilities (kitchens, bathrooms etc.) and these are the portions most often chosen for home conversion."

Some of these complexes are quite large and most of them have very little surface indication of what's below. Also, they could be expanded underground as well. If some of the LDS preppers turned a silo complex into a survival compound, they wouldn't be the only ones.

Last edited:
I posted a quote from the detective on the case that the case is being looked as self-defense, and is only kept open to assist missing children investigation. So, I really doubt LE was hot on anybody trail regarding the death of Charles Vallow. I think Arizona contacting Idaho was because of attempted murder of Brandon B.
I think it was actually because the grandparents contacted AZ because that's where they thought she was still living. I think AZ then probably found the PO Box in ID and contacted Rexburg. JMO

Well, Lori had the 35K she transferred out of Charles’ account. And she was managing Tylee’s money from JR’s death, and probably JJ’s money from CV’s death. So she’d want to keep the kids alive (or say they are alive) to secure that money, but maybe she actually said Tylee had died so she could get Tylee’s inheritance money?
Just an educated guess, but I would assume that the insurance would need proof
by way of death certificate. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads