TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
More about this murder that causes me to pause:

I believe HB was killed on Dec 12, 2019 - the day she was reported missing.

HB's body was discovered 7 days later inside the trunk of MF's vehicle - concealed inside a duffel bag.

Keeping a decomposing body in the trunk of your vehicle parked in your driveway is absolutely nuts!

How long did MF expect to hold on to HB's decomposing body inside her car?

It's almost like MF could not let go of HB yet at the same time she's screaming to be caught red-handed with her body.

Does this feed the scenario where somebody else strangled HB and MF is the accomplice that was charged with disposing of HB's body which she was yet to pull off?

Was there a third adult (driver?) inside the car with MF when HB collected at the apartment?

:eek::eek::eek:
I don't believe there was an accomplice but I'll never understand why she made no attempt to dispose of Heidi's body.
And it's not as if she went completely psycho immediately after or before the event, she was still communicating coherently and skillfully with many people. They all believed her and nobody had even the faintest notion that she was the one. That's a helluva facade to maintain in the midst of the decomposition of her alleged best friend's body in the trunk of her own vehicle.
That gave her two problems. She needed to dispose f Heidi and she also needed to dispose of her vehicle.
She did neither.
The clock stops exactly there with me.
She was managing everything else, the baby was allegedly healthy.
It's not making sense.
I sincerely do hope this doesn't turn into 'the voices made me do it' by way of defense.
If they did, they are manifesting as a unique ability to cope as well.
She had a reason.
What was it?
What will her story be?

While I did not include this on my list -- SC states the apartment door was also unlocked when he arrived home from work (but not unusual). With victim missing and both car and apt doors unlocked it seems like a set up to me -- misleading police with the appearance of forced abduction.

However, I think SC meant it was not unusual that he didn't have to unlock door to enter the apartment when occupied. I don't imagine HB made a habit of leaving the apartment door unlocked when she left the property to do errands and nobody else home.

Couple the purse left inside unlocked car and apartment door unlocked and I'm at a wall. :eek:

While I did not include this on my list -- SC states the apartment door was also unlocked when he arrived home from work (but not unusual). With victim missing and both car and apt doors unlocked it seems like a set up to me -- misleading police with the appearance of forced abduction.

However, I think SC meant it was not unusual that he didn't have to unlock door to enter the apartment when occupied. I don't imagine HB made a habit of leaving the apartment door unlocked when she left the property to do errands and nobody else home.

Couple the purse left inside unlocked car and apartment door unlocked and I'm at a wall. :eek:

HB's body was discovered 7 days later inside the trunk of MF's vehicle - concealed inside a duffel bag.

Keeping a decomposing body in the trunk of your vehicle parked in your driveway is absolutely nuts!

It's almost like MF could not let go of HB yet at the same time she's screaming to be caught red-handed with her body.

Does this feed the scenario where somebody else strangled HB and MF is the accomplice that was charged with disposing of HB's body which she was yet to pull off?

Was there a third adult (driver?) inside the car with MF when HB collected at the apartment?

No matter how you look at it leaving a decomposing body in the trunk of your car while parked in your driveway is completely nuts. Yet MF was able to make phone calls, string sentences together well enough that no-one suspected anything and keep Margot alive for a week. Not the actions of someone suffering a nervous breakdown let alone psychotic break.

If somebody else killed her, did they really trust whackadoodle MF to dispose of the body for them? Probably not. On the other hand if MF acted alone, she had enough strength to lift HB into the trunk— surely she could drag her out on her own too. Why wait a week.

Was she waiting for somebody who said they’d come back and dispose of the body but they didn’t?

Last edited:
I believe it was stated that the apartment door was wide open not just unlocked. That in itself seems so worrisome to me. Then add in the purse in the unlocked car. Plus there is no way I believe for a minute that Heidi would get in a car with her baby without securing her in a carseat. But if I remember correctly the witness stated that there was no time to secure the baby in a carseat before the car drove away. I'm at a loss as to how this all played out.

Maybe. So you think after they abducted HB they risked being seen to go back to her apartment, get her purse and put it in the car?

I don't believe there was an accomplice but I'll never understand why she made no attempt to dispose of Heidi's body.
And it's not as if she went completely psycho immediately after or before the event, she was still communicating coherently and skillfully with many people. They all believed her and nobody had even the faintest notion that she was the one. That's a helluva facade to maintain in the midst of the decomposition of her alleged best friend's body in the trunk of her own vehicle.
That gave her two problems. She needed to dispose f Heidi and she also needed to dispose of her vehicle.
She did neither.
It's not making sense.
I sincerely do hope this doesn't turn into 'the voices made me do it' by way of defense.
She had a reason.
What was it?
What will her story be?

I can’t begin to fathom what tale MF will spin, but I feel that she did not dispose of the body yet because she severely underestimated:

1) how attached Margo already was to HB. The poor baby was probably inconsolable for the first 2-3 days, especially while transitioning from breastmilk to formula.
2) how frequently a baby needs to be fed, changed, etc, in the first few weeks.
3) how little sleep MF herself would be getting because of 1 & 2.

There is a reason why new mothers feel overwhelmed and barely have time for self-care. MF did not account for this when considering what to do with HB. MOO.

I believe it was stated that the apartment door was wide open not just unlocked. That in itself seems so worrisome to me. Then add in the purse in the unlocked car. Plus there is no way I believe for a minute that Heidi would get in a car with her baby without securing her in a carseat. But if I remember correctly the witness stated that there was no time to secure the baby in a carseat before the car drove away. I'm at a loss as to how this all played out.
Yes -- it was repeatedly reported by MSM that the apt door was left wide open but the AWA only states the apartment door was unlocked so I'm trusting the affidavit over media. At a loss indeed.

I can’t begin to fathom what tale MF will spin, but I feel that she did not dispose of the body yet because she severely underestimated:

1) how attached Margo already was to HB. The poor baby was probably inconsolable for the first 2-3 days, especially while transitioning from breastmilk to formula.

There is a reason why new mothers feel overwhelmed and barely have time for self-care. MF did not account for this when considering what to do with HB. MOO.
I get that, I do but it was a simple matter of strapping the baby to herself while she took a drive. She'd been casing the Austin searches, possibly to find a location that had already been searched.. maybe... who knows?
She could still drive even with all the new tasks, she had probably studied motherhood while maintaining her own fake or real pregnancy..if it was pre-meditated, then surely the plan included a disposal site?
It must have!

I'm thinking about reports that MF was seen walking around outside carrying her phone and a baby monitor when CG was seen at Target. Was MF a smoker -- did she go outside to smoke or just curious about LE surveillance/helicopters flying over her home?

I'm thinking about reports that MF was seen walking around outside carrying her phone and a baby monitor when CG was seen at Target. Was MF a smoker -- did she go outside to smoke or just curious about LE surveillance/helicopters flying over her home?
Well we can say with soe confidence that she was not in the midst of anything like a panic attack by the time they got there. She claimed the baby was hers. She was coherent enough to lie. Even though they had already opened the trunk of her vehicle and discovered her friend. She calmly lied!

I remember seeing a pack of cigarettes in one of the photos...laying on the edge of a planter, IIRC.

Well we can say with soe confidence that she was not in the midst of anything like a panic attack by the time they got there. She claimed the baby was hers. She was coherent enough to lie. Even though they had already opened the trunk of her vehicle and discovered her friend. She calmly lied!

To me that is the scariest part of all; the mask stayed firmly in place even then.

I’m holding out hope that they’re saying that because she hasn’t been charged with murder yet. And since there’s no charge indicating she’s anything but alive yet they didn’t have to determine at what point she died to make kidnapping stick.

It will be horrible if we learn she was tied up, zipped in the duffle bag then rode around in the trunk and was left there for a while before someone (IMO MF) came back and unzipped the bag to strangle her. Since ME says she died by strangulation, I assume she was gone immediately after they wrapped the ligature around her neck and pulled.

It’s ghastly just typing that.
The AW said her "corpse" was "shoved" into a duffle bag.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200111-221534_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200111-221534_Chrome.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 14
She did neither.
It's not making sense.
She had a reason.
What was it?
What will her story be?
There's convincing evidence she also planned everything for months.

If she is the murderer, I think she's probably Dahmer level psychopath.

Actually my thought is, on the 12th she abducted and killed and returned to Houston. She said CG returned on Dec 13 when she revealed she has a baby there. I know I read that btwn the 13th & the 19th - his (and possibly her) family members came to see or facetimed to see the baby. Given that happening, and her frantic searches and phone calls to Heidi's friends etc......I really think she was trying to find a period of time when CG was gone long enough so she could take the vehicle and body outta the backyard and dispose of the duffel turned body bag somewhere. Thankfully she didn't get that chance and the LE caught up to her.

I

It's not making sense.
What was it?
What will her story be?
Don't forget,,,the baby may have been 'healthy' but I would bet a lot of money that she had zero clue on how to handle a newborn infant child. Maybe Margo cried all night, who knows. Also, CG was now around too. The window to move the body became very very narrow.

Weird language, huh? Would “liberation” extend to a deceased person, not likely to be found?

I think the language both describes the situation in which the victim is found - in a duffel bag, inside of a car trunk - AND is meant to indicate that were the victim alive, they could not have been able to liberate themselves. I'm using generic "victim" as I believe this type of language would be used in all kidnapping cases where someone was found confined, imprisoned, tied up, etc, alive or dead. So, it's a precise legal description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair