Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally don’t get all the LDS relations or norms. But if this is a red flag, would that mean that higher ups (even though no one ever wants to think that I’m sure) COULD be “sympathizers”?
It's very very weird. I'm LDS, and not having all the funeral stuff is so weird. I somehow didn't know this before, even though I've read all the threads, and I am really weirded out by this. Maybe Idaho was small and they did the big thing in Springville? I'm not sure. I don't think it has anything to do with "sympathizers" but I sure would like to talk to that Relief Society President.
She was interred in Utah I believe.
Yes, that is true

I totally don’t get all the LDS relations or norms. But if this is a red flag, would that mean that higher ups (even though no one ever wants to think that I’m sure) COULD be “sympathizers”?

No, they probably just assumed that the family was grief stricken. The family was probably asked what they would like, Chad probably replied, "Nothing.".

Usually, people know someone is going to die, they are sick, or elderly, it is pretty rare for someone to just die one night choking.

No one who is mainstream LDS would be a "sympathizer" with Chad Daybell. Believe me.

That's not accurate. Neighbors reported lots of people swimming.
“That day the neighbors reported a pool party at the house, the same day Charles was murdered, with loud music and lots of people swimming."
New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone
I'm going by the landlords personal post about this. Now he may have changed his initial story or msmay have screwed up, but the original story was simply that the neighbors complained of music and yelling.

Few days usually means 2-3 days. Unless that sheriff has a very strange idea of how to describe time.

At least some definitions of few indicate it is "usually more than 2". It's a small number, but also indefinite and somewhat vague. I'd say that maybe as few as 2, but probably at least 3 and as much as 5 or 6 is the most likely with some chance of it being a few more than that.

Maybe someone that is LE can speak to this. I honestly hadn’t thought if it until now. Basically my question is do they pull background info before doing a welfare check? Or what is done in prep for one?

We could assume who requested a welfare check but I’m unaware if it’s been reported who requested it. I think it was the Woodcocks. I wonder what info would have been provided? Would they have given all the background info?

I’m wondering about procedures within LE. After that was requested, I wonder what “background” type info is pulled? Any at all? Who then does the background check and are they privy to any background info or just a “process server” type? Why didn’t they just call whoever supposedly had the kids while at Lori’s?

I’d like to see the report filed on this. Is this a problem of a too trusting force, uninformed force, or standard procedure?

After Tammy's death, police were contacted by AZ before anybody even knew that the children were missing. Tammy died on October 19th, Fremont county was contacted by AZ several days after that (per the sheriff). It became known that children are missing in the end of November (welfare check was on November 26).
Can you source this information? From everything I've read AZ initially contacted Rexburg PD.

And the shooter could have been in disguise... as was the paint baller in ID. That said, Alex’s mysterious death seems to be either suicide or murder, or accidentally ingested his own poison, regardless, any of those scenarios point to his guilt of being involved in a murder .
I have to disagree only slightly.. just to play devils advocate and not necessarily my own opinion.

One more reason for him to be murdered would be because he simply knew too much.

My understanding is that we can sleuth all the people that have died in this case. Please correct if I am wrong.

Has it been stated what type of jobs Alex and Charles had? I think there was a company mentioned in Charles’ divorce filing.
Did Lori ever work outside of being a hairdresser?

IIRC Charles had his own company that was involved in something like selling annuities, maybe(?). He definitely made a ton of money compared to the average man on the street. The court papers that I think were what he filed when he was trying to divorce Lori indicated an income of 20K a month.

Yeah, wouldn’t it be nice to hear from the kids exactly how they thought this went down....

we’ve only heard one person, Tylee’s teenage friend, that said “mean and angry” re: Charles. everyone else who knew him had a very different impression. I think that teenagers, especially ones that have been through the stuff Tylee had (estranged from her father, etc.) will see their parents, especially step-parents, as “mean” when they have regular limits. It seems to me like Lori was getting all the credit at times for her husband’s or ex-husband’s generosity - one friend said that Lori flew one of Tylee’s friends from AZ to HI for her, but another source said it was Joseph who did that. Obviously Charles and Joseph were funding Tylee’s lifestyle, and Tylee probably heavily influenced against them both, by Lori.

OK... so CV shows up, walks past the kids in the car while holding a baseball bat.... sorry it doesn’t compute. I think that was A lame lie Lori and Alex told LEA so they wouldn’t interview the kids. I IRC Laurie also had them give scripted answers to Kay and Larry during the last FaceTime in August, I believe?

yes I believe it was what Tylee was instructed to tell older brother Colby. Lori very well may have ordered the kids out to the car during the fight, but what did she tell them afterward? Just school drop off as usual and then pool party planning?

IIRC Charles had his own company that was involved in something like selling annuities, maybe(?). He definitely made a ton of money compared to the average man on the street. The court papers that I think were what he filed when he was trying to divorce Lori indicated an income of 20K a month.
One thing I never understood from those papers was why he had JJ on Cobra insurance? Usually that only happens after a termination.

we’ve only heard one person, Tylee’s teenage friend, that said “mean and angry” re: Charles. everyone else who knew him had a very different impression. I think that teenagers, especially ones that have been through the stuff Tylee had (estranged from her father, etc.) will see their parents, especially step-parents, as “mean” when they have regular limits. It seems to me like Lori was getting all the credit at times for her husband’s or ex-husband’s generosity - one friend said that Lori flew one of Tylee’s friends from AZ to HI for her, but another source said it was Joseph who did that. Obviously Charles and Joseph were funding Tylee’s lifestyle, and Tylee probably heavily influenced against them both, by Lori.
Bingo. Yeah I was mean once, wouldn’t let my teen drive until the grades came up. CV bought Tylee a JEEP for heavens sake.. Taken by mom for another hit job tho. Who is mean now?

I think they were not there after the 23rd/24th September, well JJ and Tylee weren't anyway, we don't know when they came back to Idaho. LE want to know where the kids are but it has been speculated that LE know where the adults are. Perhaps they are under surveillance in the hope they lead to the kids. Perhaps it wasn't Alex or Lori driving the jeep on 2 Oct, we don't know the specifics.

ETA LE spoke to Lori and Chad on 26th Nov and didn't arrest them so presumably they were not after them at that time or did not have a reason to arrest them. They still have not issued any arrest warrants.

I think maybe AZ LE had a hard time finding Alex. He had his own house in AZ ( the one the neighbor said he left the garage door up) so why does he go to Idaho with Lori? To hide for a bit? To care out the second/third parts of their plan? There are multiple cars involved and homes and as I learned yesterday, jurisdictions. There are a lot of moving pieces in this case. MOO

Last edited:
No, they probably just assumed that the family was grief stricken. The family was probably asked what they would like, Chad probably replied, "Nothing.".

Usually, people know someone is going to die, they are sick, or elderly, it is pretty rare for someone to just die one night choking.

No one who is mainstream LDS would be a "sympathizer" with Chad Daybell. Believe me.
I get that no mainstream lds would be a Chad follower. Do you think if they were a Chad follower they would quit going to church? (I’m not being sarcastic, I’m really serious) Or what if one family member was quietly but didn’t want to tell the others, would they participate in both, mainstream and chad following?

I think maybe AZ LE had a hard time finding Alex. He had his own house in AZ ( the one the neighbor said he left the garage door up) so why does he go to Idaho with Lori? To hide for a bit? To care out the second/third parts of their plan? Their are multiple cars involved and homes and as I learned yesterday, jurisdictions. There are a lot of moving pieces in this case. MOO
Who says they were even looking for him?

iIRC you can extend Cobra though it’s expensive
I get that. I understand. My point is you don’t take cobra unless you’ve lost insurance benefits. And usually ASAP you get off cobra. I think it was 700-800 / month he was paying for JJ’s insurance alone it says.

so, I’m wondering when did he lose benefits and why and where was he currently working.

At least some definitions of few indicate it is "usually more than 2". It's a small number, but also indefinite and somewhat vague. I'd say that maybe as few as 2, but probably at least 3 and as much as 5 or 6 is the most likely with some chance of it being a few more than that.
I always thought that 2 = 'a couple', 3 = 'a few', more than 3 and maybe less than 10 = 'several'. More than 10 would probably be 'a lot'. IMO

That is interesting. I have been to many LDS funeral services, and they are full day affairs, even 2 days.

Viewing, the night before, then the next day, another viewing, time to gather with the family, a full church service, memorial, trip to the cemetery, short service, back to church for Relief Society luncheon, or at home, depending. (Side note, best food, ever...usually ham, "funeral potatoes, rolls, jello salad, cakes).

Generally, LDS funerals are lengthy and filled with family members, church members, neighbors.

Interesting, that Tammy's funeral was brief.

<modsnip>

But I think what he is saying is the funeral happened quickly (I'd say on the short end of the normal window of time) and while it isn't spelled out, I *think* the funeral was in Springville or elsewhere in Utah County in Utah where Chad and Tammy grew up and had moved from. Given that they lived in Idaho, had family and friends there, not to mention a relationship with a lot of others in the area through church and such, I think Rexburg Sleuth is indicating that he(?) thought the norm would be to have the funeral there or possibly some kind of memorial service in Rexburg as well as Utah.

FWIW, my experience in Mormon funerals is comparable to yours. *IF* I had to say what I would view as the norm in this situation, it would be to have the funeral where Tammy currently lived since she'd been there a decent amount of time, but then to have the burial in Springville. (The food part could be in either place or both.)

Edit: Reading subsequent posts on this, I might have misunderstood what happened. I read it as no service in Rexburg, but asssumed there was one in Springville. Do we know if that is possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members