AR AR - Dana Stidham, 18, murdered in Bella Vista, 25 July 1989

21314682_115262002512450_7497643327817813419_n_ef7c0885dcda44c9e8930fd3393c0467.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

They got the wrong guy
Some red flags are coming up here seeing that your username is "Concerned Navy", one of the main suspects in this case was also in the navy, the only thing you've ever done on Websleuths was make this comment, and you're saying they've got the wrong guy (although they don't really have a guy at all, they have persons of interest). Your initials wouldn't happen to be MM, would they? Care to divulge any information on why you think they "have the wrong guy"?

Hello! I'm an Arkansan local and have lived here my whole life. This case always hits me. I wasn't even born yet, but she is like every Arkansan woman; full of small town love and drive. This case is awful and the lack of any information about it just ultimately bothers me. I would love to do some interviews and further investigate. The fact that the family has no answers and over 30 years with no answers is a travesty.

At any rate, the whole reasoned I joined this site was to see if there were any new information on this site that might have led to something. Still praying for leads for this case and for the justice of Dana Stidham.

The Arkansas Justice Project created a post last week on Facebook regarding Dana’s cold case that’s being shared around quite a bit. Im glad her name is once again being said and her case getting some attention. I’m a Benton County native & only 12 years old when she was murdered. In fact, I lived just about 8 miles from where she was discovered at that time. There is one huge reason why Dana’s murderer is still a free man and it has everything to do with who he was related to. That is my firm and well read opinion.

But there is no question, there needs to be some new and very serious attention brought to her case today in 2022 with the massive advances in technology, forensics and the birth of a true crime community who have continued to prove they are capable of assisting in successfully closing many of these cold cases. Its inexcusable and an ongoing injustice to Dana to not demand this.

Dana deserves justice.
Her mother has waited too long for these answers.

Jason Winchester, someone who went to high school with Dana, told 5NEWS he was in the military when she disappeared but came back home to attend her funeral.

"I met her my senior year in high school which would have been 1987-1988," Winchester said. "She was a sweetheart. I was in basic training when she went missing. I took emergency leave to come home for the funeral."

"It was hard. I had really liked her. I still have an occasional dream about her where she’s trying to tell me who killed her. It’s very frustrating," Winchester said. "For many years I couldn’t even drive past the area where they found her car without getting a little sad. I’ve heard different rumors and speculations for many years. I honestly don’t have a clue who killed her and it’s sad that they have never been able to make an arrest."

Winchester explains that because of how tight-knit the community was, he was close to the whole Stidham family, making the incident hit harder.
"I became friends with her brother after I came home from the Air Force and my mom worked with her mom at the Walmart Jewelry warehouse," Winchester said. "It was a shock to everyone."

Winchester said he thinks most people have probably given up hope that Dana's murder will be solved.

"I do think most probably have given up. Our population has grown so much from people who have moved here from abroad. So many have never even heard about her."

"So many sad things happened to that whole family," Winchester added. "I still can't believe it's unsolved after all these years."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back