Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Alex would do anything for Lori. In the story he tells, she left before the shooting (when I am pretty sure she didn't) which would then completely absolve her of any responsibility for the shooting. And we already know Alex served time for assaulting Lori's previous husband. He certainly was a very devoted brother.

JJ was with Charles while Lori was gone. I believe at some point they might have moved to Houston. Charles' sister said she wanted them to move to Houston permanently and she offered to watch JJ when Charles had to travel for work.
At one point in the divorce proceedings, Lori said she didn't want JJ anymore and that she would drop him at school and Charles was to pick him up. Can anyone remember what date that was? Also, when AC says Charles was being physical with Lori did he mean in a violent or sexual way?

Thanks! It is so hard for me to keep it all straight. A few discussions back someone mentioned that we need a board with red string to tie it all together- I think we would need several balls of yarn just to start!

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered- but where was Charles staying on July 10? Where was he coming from on July 11?

Charles was staying in a hotel. It's unclear to me how long he had been staying in the hotel but this says weeks (BBM):

A former employee at a Gilbert hotel said Charles stayed there in the few weeks that led up to his death. The source said she expected Charles and JJ to return to the hotel for breakfast on July 11.

The police arrived instead.

"They pulled out their badges and said, 'well, we're detectives and he's not able to give clarification to let us in because he's dead," said an employee, in a phone interview.

Lawyers: Husband of Lori Vallow made prediction on who will kill him months before he died

I don't think there is enough yarn in the world to keep this all straight, lol!

I don’t know how to link to the 911 call, or if I’m supposed to, but my comments are in regard to it.

Tylee doesn’t seem to hesitate about saying she has a phone in the video.

One other thing I picked out... Alex does not say Charles is enraged. He says, “I’ve never seen him enraged before.”

This is a very odd way to phrase it, especially without having been asked something leading to it, like “Is he known to have a bad temper?” or some such.

I’m honestly not entirely sure I want to make a call on Tylee’s demeanor.

Put it this way... I have a daughter just a couple months older. My daughter is VERY mature and adult, has been her whole life. My daughter is homeschooled, highly intelligent, and very, very comfortable and confident speaking with adults. Far, far beyond the typical 17yo.

I’m not certain, however, that my daughter could pull off that level of calm in this situation. And she’s pretty much always calm. And we unfortunately have experience dealing with some high-stress circumstances, so I have reason to estimate her ability to handle things.

At best... Lori removed her from the scene to give her time to get her **** together. At worst, she may have been aware of what Lori and Alex planned, ahead of time.

Absolutely none of them are reacting appropriately to the circumstances. It’s pretty disconcerting.

Unfortunately, I no longer have much hope those kids are alive. I suspect Tylee was ready to tell. And I wonder if it might have been because something happened, or was planned to happen, to JJ.

I’m very curious how her friends feel about her demeanor in this video.

I don’t see the officer as being flirty, at least in regard to the blue eyes comment with Tylee. It comes across more like he’s trying to set her at ease...but I’m not sure she needed it.
I completely agree with you about the cop. He seemed to be keeping them at ease rather than getting a defensive reaction. I think he was using an interrogation technique on them.

I completely agree with you about the cop. He seemed to be keeping them at ease rather than getting a defensive reaction. I think he was using an interrogation technique on them.
He didn't seem to get any information out of them, other than their height, weight, eye and hair color. He didn't even ask them if they knew what was going on as far as I can tell.

He didn't even ask them if they knew what was going on as far as I can tell.

I had the impression he was not the first person to speak with them. Someone else had already talked to them, he was just getting the details on the record. I’d love to see the initial convo, but I’d bet there isn’t recording of it.

Edited to add: Tylee’s reaction to Lori’s weight - I’d bet Lori underestimated, and Tylee reacted in some way. She backed off after that. Almost like she was told to keep her mouth shut unless asked direct question. Did anyone catch any reactions from Lori when Tylee was talking? Perhaps in regard to driving from Texas? Wasn’t it Texas?

I'll take this as a "yes" to my earlier question about whether I should remove all references to that media-group-that-shall-no-longer-be-named. I'll work on that for the next timeline update. Should I alert for the old versions of the timeline to be removed by the mods once I get a new one posted? Thanks.

Well according to the police report printed January 2020, Alex was being investigated for 2nd degree murder so there's many a reason to hid the kiddos.
I hope they are investigating the possibility that someone else other than Alex pulled the trigger. Someone who was there at the time and is now in hiding, not cooperating with authorities. What with him being dead and all, how awfully simple it would be for LE to escape accusations of a botched-investigation by declaring Alex committed 2nd degree murder. I don’t think anything about these deaths/disappearances is that simple.

I absolutely believe Alex was the one who pulled the trigger.

Would it be usual for LE not to separate Lori and Tylee? I would understand if Tylee was much younger but at 16 I would imagine they should have been separated upon arrival at the scene.
I am not asking to point fingers at incompetence by LE, either. MOO I believe there are so many jurisdictions/states in play here that no one knew what the others were doing. We also are not in the know of what has been happening with the case since. Making the puzzle pieces fit neatly for a solid conviction would take a very long time without the media attention (and new information) all this is now getting.

I'll take this as a "yes" to my earlier question about whether I should remove all references to that media-group-that-shall-no-longer-be-named. I'll work on that for the next timeline update. Should I alert for the old versions of the timeline to be removed by the mods once I get a new one posted? Thanks.

Is XYZ mentioned in a timeline seen as negative light?

No answer is "yes" just to be safe?

Pure speculation....

This is interesting information about the purse. I have been thinking about the detail in the bodycam footage, about Charles missing wallet at the scene. It was most likely in the rental car which Lori took, I wonder if Lori emptied it of all the credit cards/bank cards, to use for a bit... MOO

That thought crossed my mind as well. When I told my wife - this is why we'll never have joint checking accounts - she just smiled at me sardonically.

Last edited:
Did I read somewhere this was a gated community? I wonder if there are cameras and what amount of time elapsed between Charles entering the neighborhood and the shooting/911 call occuring
That’s a really good point. Yes it is. I was thinking about that when I posted those pictures. I’ll pull up the pic and see if we can tell what type of entrance code, reader or camera.

I know the extended bodycam video shows LE entering the gates as well.
AZCentral Photos from July 11, 2019 Shooting Death of Charles Vallow:

04235e00-2284-4cf8-b2ee-bbd2c1a9b066-Mesquite_Grove_Estates.jpg

The shooting occurred within the gated community of Mesquite Grove Estates.

fd4da255-1e54-46f7-a34b-008e388050d8-Shooting_occured_in_a_residential_area..jpg

The shooting occurred near 5500 S. Four Peaks Place, a home in a gated Chandler community.

b0985bad-27b1-4060-9faf-4bf7ca70f1e8-Standup_Interview_with_Seth_Tyler.jpg

Detective Seth Tyler spoke with reporters at a nearby Basha's parking lot to explain what happened early Thursday morning.

PHOTOS: A Chandler man called 911, said he shot his brother-in-law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member