Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren Almeida, the children’s nanny, told state police that she noticed the mudroom door was unlocked when she was getting the kids ready to leave for New York City. She described that as unusual because it was only open when the kids were out playing in the backyard.
Almeida also said when she first entered the house at 11:30 a.m. on May 24, she noticed an unopened granola bar on the kitchen counter and that there were only two rolls of paper towels left in the pantry. She found that odd because just the day before, she had put a 12-pack of paper towels there.
“I sat there and wondered what had happened last night that they used 10 rolls of towel rolls,” Almeida said.
Almeida also told state police that Fotis Dulos tried to hit his estranged wife with his vehicle and also chased her through their home in the summer of 2017. She witnessed Dulos chase his wife through the house, records said.

"She finally came running into the bedroom and slammed the door closed. She braced herself against the door as her husband kept pounding trying to open it. He seemed to calm down when he realized Almeida and one of his children were also in the room,” Almeida told police.

Bit another realtive of Dulos’ his niece denies that her uncle was banging on any doors. Klelia Kyrimi said in a phone interview from Spain Thursday that she and her husband were staying with the family because they were attending a wedding of a friend. She said they were sitting in the family room when Jennifer came home and started yelling at Dulos using "foul language."

“He (Fotis) followed her to the second floor and they went into one of the children’s room. He was not screaming at Jennifer or banging on anything,” Kyrimi said. “I am outraged by this. It’s completely inaccurate what they are saying.”

There is a protective order barring Dulos from contacting Almeida, as well as Dulos’ five children and Gloria Farber, their grandmother.

A rare French bike, a bloody doorknob and Jennifer Farber Dulos’ DNA on zip ties among new evidence against Fotis Dulos »
Almeida and another friend reported Dulos missing around 7 p.m. on May 24. About the same time police discovered a crime scene at Farber Dulos’ home, Dulos can be seen on surveillance video dumping garbage bags into trash cans along Albany Avenue in Hartford.

They also found a garden glove with Dulos’ DNA inside of it, his fingerprint on a piece of tape inside a bloody garbage bag and the DNA of both of them, plus Troconis’ DNA on the outside top of another garbage bag, court records said.

The arrest warrant affidavit released last week also details the evolution of Troconis’ multiple interviews with state police, showing that in an initial interview, she stuck to a concocted alibi the couple created, according to the affidavit, but in subsequent interviews with police, she changed her story and acknowledged that Dulos wasn’t at their Jefferson Crossing home early on the morning of May 24.

She also admitted to police that the contentious divorce and custody battle between Dulos and his wife had caused tension between the two of them.

Troconis told police that Dulos had confided in her: “Sometimes I hope she disappears.”

The words from LA come from previous information and the warrants. LA's not speaking out to the media about this now.

But FD's family is suddenly speaking to the media - about/denying facts that were known long ago.

Perhaps they are just starting to pay attention?

Last edited:
“He (Fotis) followed her to the second floor and they went into one of the children’s room. He was not screaming at Jennifer or banging on anything,” Kyrimi said. “I am outraged by this. It’s completely inaccurate what they are saying.”

There is no doubt how volatile this relationship was. I doubt this account is accurate. If he was not fueled by anger why follow her and leave his family (as they were having a nice time in the family room). I am sure Jennifer could get angry but she removed herself from the situation. He followed her. The question as to why she went to the children's room is important. If she knew the nanny and the child were there, she was safer. If she went into her master bedroom, an assault probably would have occurred.

He could have been loud or silent, banging or not. Doesn't matter to me. The fact that he followed her to control the situation and that she knew enough to go to a place where others were present is the important nugget. And, I think a jury (if this is put into evidence) would see it as well.

I am not surprised by the denial. People who experience DV often don't use every incident in court proceedings. So, if in the divorce proceeding Jennifer was just trying to move past things, this incident might not be in filings (maybe it is, I don't know). Pattis (or, more likely his team) has probably combed through any paperwork and not found this incident.

I totally believe it happened. I totally believe the nanny. Maybe the incident is documented somewhere else, making Fd a bigger liar. They can always interview the child who was with them in the room. But, I don't think LE will want to do this.
Like in many cases some of the warrant stuff never appears in the court case as it is tried.
Funny how everyone but Fotis is a big big liar.
LA a “fanciful” one
MT a “lying lover”
Jd so much of one she needed to be put in “asylum”? Was that it?

and now big sis chimes in again about her nicer than nice sibling. She should be thanking her lucky stars she never threatened her ideal brother....moo

Sorry. Double post. Again. Arrrgh!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, and those are just the things we know about so far!

Also, the nanny did witness Jennifer being upset, crying, outside immediately after FD tried to run her over. That's enough for it to be included as well.

Right-it may be hearsay that Fd attempted to run Jennifer down, so the nanny cannot testify to it, but obviously something happened or she wouldn’t have been sitting in the driveway crying. And Jennifer herself made that claim in family court, so that isn’t hearsay. I would imagine that Jennifer’s own words will be entered into evidence in that way. Outrageous that his niece claims it never happened, because once, when she stayed with them, she didn’t see it. That’s some logic for you!

There is no doubt how volatile this relationship was. I doubt this account is accurate. If he was not fueled by anger why follow her and leave his family (as they were having a nice time in the family room). I am sure Jennifer could get angry but she removed herself from the situation. He followed her. The question as to why she went to the children's room is important. If she knew the nanny and the child were there, she was safer. If she went into her master bedroom, an assault probably would have occurred.

He could have been loud or silent, banging or not. Doesn't matter to me. The fact that he followed her to control the situation and that she knew enough to go to a place where others were present is the important nugget. And, I think a jury (if this is put into evidence) would see it as well.

And there are known instances in which Fd lost his temper including a parking attendant in NYC, HF over the chidren's christening, calling the police often over parking near 4JX....etc....This is a man with a short fuse and irrational behavior...IMO...MOO.

The sweet, choirboy persona he adopts can quickly dissolve into rage when he feels something isn't going his way or he deems that he has been disrespected. MOO

@davealtimari

Got calls from Fotis Dulos' sister and niece today from overseas claiming the allegations of domestic violence detailed in search warrants are "big, big all lies"
and that they were present during the incidents described in warrants.
Dulos story updated with comments from his family members calling domestic violence allegations all lies.
Fotis Dulos, charged with the murder of his estranged wife, wants a probable-cause hearing before judge

They were present for all of the incidents? Then that means there were incidents for them to witness and they are liars. That is ridiculous!

@davealtimari

Got calls from Fotis Dulos' sister and niece today from overseas claiming the allegations of domestic violence detailed in search warrants are "big, big all lies"
Dulos story updated with comments from his family members calling domestic violence allegations all lies.
Fotis Dulos, charged with the murder of his estranged wife, wants a probable-cause hearing before judge

Interesting that they are calling Dave Altimari...they must view him as a friendly reporter (friendly to Norm Pattis, and thus, to Dulos)

Lauren Almeida, the children’s nanny, told state police that she noticed the mudroom door was unlocked when she was getting the kids ready to leave for New York City. She described that as unusual because it was only open when the kids were out playing in the backyard.
Almeida also said when she first entered the house at 11:30 a.m. on May 24, she noticed an unopened granola bar on the kitchen counter and that there were only two rolls of paper towels left in the pantry. She found that odd because just the day before, she had put a 12-pack of paper towels there.
“I sat there and wondered what had happened last night that they used 10 rolls of towel rolls,” Almeida said.
Almeida also told state police that Fotis Dulos tried to hit his estranged wife with his vehicle and also chased her through their home in the summer of 2017. She witnessed Dulos chase his wife through the house, records said.

"She finally came running into the bedroom and slammed the door closed. She braced herself against the door as her husband kept pounding trying to open it. He seemed to calm down when he realized Almeida and one of his children were also in the room,” Almeida told police.

Bit another realtive of Dulos’ his niece denies that her uncle was banging on any doors. Klelia Kyrimi said in a phone interview from Spain Thursday that she and her husband were staying with the family because they were attending a wedding of a friend. She said they were sitting in the family room when Jennifer came home and started yelling at Dulos using "foul language."

There is a protective order barring Dulos from contacting Almeida, as well as Dulos’ five children and Gloria Farber, their grandmother.

A rare French bike, a bloody doorknob and Jennifer Farber Dulos’ DNA on zip ties among new evidence against Fotis Dulos »
Almeida and another friend reported Dulos missing around 7 p.m. on May 24. About the same time police discovered a crime scene at Farber Dulos’ home, Dulos can be seen on surveillance video dumping garbage bags into trash cans along Albany Avenue in Hartford.

They also found a garden glove with Dulos’ DNA inside of it, his fingerprint on a piece of tape inside a bloody garbage bag and the DNA of both of them, plus Troconis’ DNA on the outside top of another garbage bag, court records said.

The arrest warrant affidavit released last week also details the evolution of Troconis’ multiple interviews with state police, showing that in an initial interview, she stuck to a concocted alibi the couple created, according to the affidavit, but in subsequent interviews with police, she changed her story and acknowledged that Dulos wasn’t at their Jefferson Crossing home early on the morning of May 24.

She also admitted to police that the contentious divorce and custody battle between Dulos and his wife had caused tension between the two of them.

Troconis told police that Dulos had confided in her: “Sometimes I hope she disappears.”
LE "found a piece of tape w/ FD's fingerprint on it"- Are we to surmise that he used tape to
muzzle her or restrain her?
What would the tape be used for?

No, but I am sure she has witnessed other things, like Fd chasing Jennifer into the room the nanny was in with one of the children. And, since you are new here, you may not be aware that LA was also employed by FORE Group, and likely has first hand knowledge of some financial sleight of hand which could factor into a motive for murder. She is and was the nanny for that family for a looong time, and am sure she has some information that is relevant. Publicly relating to a newspaper reporter that she is, at best, unreliable because of a big, “fanciful” imagination, seems to flout the gag order. This is what Judge Blawie was trying to avoid when he made the gag order. I think Pattis will see that Dulos did, in fact, intend to cause harm to Jennifer, and that he did kill her.

I’ll go one further & say Pattis already KNOWS Fotis murdered Jennifer.... I believe FD confessed to Pattis and told him “I’m counting on you to get me off”.
Narcissists are a scary breed.

Good point.

He did harm Jennifer, though - emotionally, financially, etc., etc. - in front of many people.

Threatening/attempting to kill someone by running them over is a crime, and is extreme abuse.

(He also likely did abuse and restrain her physically, but not likely in front of others. I think we'll learn more about that during the trial.)
We learn that LA observed FD behavior toward JD. JD was afraid that notifying the police would make it worse for her. I'm praying that JD also confided in friends as well.

We learn that LA observed FD behavior toward JD. JD was afraid that notifying the police would make it worse for her. I'm praying that JD also confided in friends as well.
Yes; good points.

As she was a writer, and her blogs were of a personal (but not TOO personal) nature, I can't help but think she had more personal writings in her home - in her master bedroom, to be exact. I saw lots of material referenced in the search warrants but wonder if he might have taken her journals, those that may have documented abuse.

And there are known instances in which Fd lost his temper including a parking attendant in NYC, HF over the chidren's christening, calling the police often over parking near 4JX....etc....This is a man with a short fuse and irrational behavior...IMO...MOO.

The sweet, choirboy persona he adopts can quickly dissolve into rage when he feels something isn't going his way or he deems that he has been disrespected. MOO

I actually wonder if he’s slapping MT around? Maybe that’s why she looks so much older than her actual years?

OT(kinda): Do you remember in the 1980’s (God I’m old) that defense attorney Joel Steinberg who killed his “adopted daughter” and was beating his partner Hedda Nusbaum?
Hedda couldn’t have been more than 40 but looked 60-70 because he beat her so much.

@davealtimari

Yeah right, sorry these people are as bad as the 3 stooges.

OFFICE OF CHIEF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL v. MAWHINNEY, KENT D.
101.00 01/16/2020 C ORDER HEARING AND NOTICE
newred.gif

Notice Issued: 01/15/2020
Docket Number: HHD-CV-20-6122743-S
Case Caption: OFFICE OF CHIEF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL v. MAWHINNEY, KENT D.
Notice Sequence #: 1
01/28/2020 AT 2:00PM
A HEARING IS SCHEDULED FOR THE ABOVE DATE &
TIME. PARTIES AND THEIR COUNSEL SHALL REPORT
TO CASEFLOW, ROOM 111. FAILURE TO APPEAR WILL
RESULT IN DISMISSAL OR DEFAULT.
ANY MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE SHALL BE MADE ON
FORM JD-CV-21 NOT LESS THAN 3 COURT DAYS IN
ADVANCE AND WILL NOT BE GRANTED ABSENT GOOD
CAUSE AND ALL PARTIES' CONSENT TO A PROXIMAL
CONTINUANCE DATE.
PER THE HONORABLE DAVID M. SHERIDAN, PJ

WOW! This was a quick hearing and notice if the allegations are based on KM's attempt to avoid the arrest warrant. I wonder if there were charges pending earlier related to the DV and violation of protection order, etc. Hmmmm.....IDK, there are many moving parts in this case.

Just bringing @Jmoose 's important point into this thread:
Deceased/Not Found - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #37
@jmoose said: I am outraged that Norm Pattis is allowed to publicly weigh in on Lauren Almeida’s truthfulness as a witness, against the gag order imposed by Judge Blawie. I am going to figure out where I can send the Hartford Courant article so that Judge Blawie reads it
Yes, you'd think he'd be shut down for attacking one of the main witnesses in this case: LA.

He also attacked the credibility/authority of the forensic witness in his lies - I mean his speech - to the media, after the latest AW. Hopefully the judge is aware of that, as well.

(Is this attacking of witnesses legal? Esp. after a gag order has been imposed?)

The words from LA come from previous information and the warrants. LA's not speaking out to the media about this now.

But FD's family is suddenly speaking to the media - about/denying facts that were known long ago.

Perhaps they are just starting to pay attention?
I really hate that FD is trashing JD. It happens all the time that the victim trashed. FD is not worth lying for or saving.

WOW! This was a quick hearing and notice if the allegations are based on KM's attempt to avoid the arrest warrant. I wonder if there were charges pending earlier related to the DV and violation of protection order, etc. Hmmmm.....IDK, there are many moving parts in this case.
HHD-CV20-6122743-S - OFFICE OF CHIEF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL v. MAWHINNEY, KENT D.

Yes; good points.

As she was a writer, and her blogs were of a personal (but not TOO personal) nature, I can't help but think she had more personal writings in her home - in her master bedroom, to be exact. I saw lots of material referenced in the search warrants but wonder if he might have taken her journals, those that may have documented abuse.
Would there have been enough time for FD or MT to look for journals? That's assuming FD even knew that JD might be Journaling. I certainly hoped she did journal about everything, and LE found first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn