Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to have handy the date FH was released from prison? I wonder if he may be connected to any other MPs or homicides in the area, as we know there a lot of them.

But with him being a prior offender, his DNA would be in CODIS, right? Do we know when Alabama started collecting DNA? Any chance he’s not in the system? If there’s a chance, then perhaps they asked for one when they original held him? Chances are likely he’s in the system already, especially since he’s on the RSO registry as of recently, but I remember from Abby’s and Libby’s case, for example, that DNA wasn’t collected for all offenders until a few years ago (something like that, foggy, still waking up).

Hampton was held in the Birmingham City Jail for 48 hours, beginning Dec. 28, on suspicion of kidnapping. He was released at the end of those two days due to a lack of evidence to charge him with the crime, the news site said.

Paighton Houston case: Registered sex offender sought for burying missing woman in shallow grave
He was taken in on 12/28 and released 2 days later.

Hampton was previously convicted in 1992 on first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy charges out of Jefferson County. He served 20 years, five months and 26 days in prison before his release on March 22, 2012. He was also charged with kidnapping, but that charge was dismissed.

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Hi, I meant the original release date of his original stint in prison for the gang rape. It’s upstream, I’ll look.

Here’s another thing I’ve been wondering about. What is the specific marker that differentiates a sibling’s DNA from one another? Iirc, twins’ DNA comes back identical, but I wonder how they can tell siblings apart.

Does anyone happen to have handy the date FH was released from prison? I wonder if he may be connected to any other MPs or homicides in the area, as we know there a lot of them.

But with him being a prior offender, his DNA would be in CODIS, right? Do we know when Alabama started collecting DNA? Any chance he’s not in the system? If there’s a chance, then perhaps they asked for a sample when they original held him? Chances are likely he’s in the system already, especially since he’s on the RSO registry as of recently, but I remember from Abby’s and Libby’s case, for example, that DNA wasn’t collected for all offenders until a few years ago (something like that, foggy, still waking up).
I came across this article today. Appears they have a back log of rape kits dating back to 1985.

Possible serial rapists ID'd in testing of backlogged rape kits in Jefferson Co.

Hampton was previously convicted in 1992 on first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy charges out of Jefferson County. He served 20 years, five months and 26 days in prison before his release on March 22, 2012. He was also charged with kidnapping, but that charge was dismissed.

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Thank you.

Wow, so he’s been free for almost 8 years.

Hmmmm.

Once again, as in many of the other cases here, I wonder about untested rape kits in Alabama. I think I posted some articles about this in Cupcake’s case.

ETA:

I came across this article today. Appears they have a back log of rape kits dating back to 1985.

Possible serial rapists ID'd in testing of backlogged rape kits in Jefferson Co.

Precisely my train of thought.

I'm... not sure that's how prison works, exactly; as I would expect lots of criminals locked up with lots of time to do little else other than swap tips on a whole swath of topics, including "how to evade capture".

You could, however, make the argument that when you're talking about "people sitting in prison", you're talking only about the ones stupid enough to get caught, I suppose ;).
Trust me, inmates "learn" how to be a better criminal in prison. They also stay in contact with each other after they leave prison. It's a different world behind the wall than you all can imagine. And yes, they learn how to stay on the "run" so they evade capture, although eventually most do get captured. Also, I have seen inmates escape from prison and we found them at an ex-inmates house. We knew they were close friends and sure enough, he was there.

LE says "after the victim died, her body was disposed of". Has it been said how much (if any) time might have passed between death & disposal? I'm wondering if there is any possibility she wasn't outside the entire time?

Here’s another thing I’ve been wondering about. What is the specific marker that differentiates a sibling’s DNA from one another? Iirc, twins’ DNA comes back identical, but I wonder how they can tell siblings apart.

One Twin Committed the Crime — but Which One? A New DNA Test Can Finger the Culprit

The window for these key mutations is so narrow, in fact, that sometimes none will arise. In 20 percent of cases, the researchers concluded, twins would have no distinguishing mutations at all.

Such a test would be difficult, then — but it would also be definitive. Just a single mutation, confirmed by multiple analyses, would be enough to implicate one twin and exonerate the other.

More at link above :)

LE says "after the victim died, her body was disposed of". Has it been said how much (if any) time might have passed between death & disposal? I'm wondering if there is any possibility she wasn't outside the entire time?

In my experiences here, I’ve seen many cases where the perp had the body for some hours after death, often overnight, sometimes in the garage, trunk, crawl space, etc. It’s likely imo he had her body at his residence for some time before burying her, at least until daylight hours, moo.

I hate to say this, he can stay hidden for decades. I had an old friend I knew arrested on a cold case out of San Diego 20 plus years later. Guy worked regular jobs etc, I did not know he was wanted on a homicide...I never would have guessed. No idea why they took so long to find him on a warrant, he was working over the table, not under for decades. Even got arrested once in that time frame. They did catch up to him, and it took many of us as friends by surprise.

I hate to say this, he can stay hidden for decades. I had an old friend I knew arrested on a cold case out of San Diego 20 plus years later. Guy worked regular jobs etc, I did not know he was wanted on a homicide...I never would have guessed. No idea why they took so long to find him on a warrant, he was working over the table, not under for decades. Even got arrested once in that time frame. They did catch up to him, and it took many of us as friends by surprise.

While to some extent I've always been a skeptical cynic, it's really gotten worse after Websleuths. I basically trust no one, now that we've seen more than one instance of people stalked, murdered, raped, etc., by coworkers; security guards at their place of business with whom they were merely a little extra friendly; and so forth.

If the co-worker is innocent, which totally appears to be the case, imo, I feel really, really badly for her. Not only has she lost a friend, and may feel some guilt for letting her go, being asleep when she texted, etc., but now she has to deal with all the other BS. It’s really really sad, moo.

ETA: I have a new name for Facebook: Slanderbook.

Whitey Bulger, notorious Irish mafia crime boss, escaped custody from his FBI handler and lived in plain sight with his girlfriend like a regular guy in a Santa Monica apartment complex for 16 years before they caught him.

Whitey Bulger, notorious Irish mafia crime boss, escaped custody from his FBI handler and lived in plain sight with his girlfriend like a regular guy in a Santa Monica apartment complex for 16 years before they caught him.

Oh, the cases are endless. Look at the below linked thread alone (in which the cases listed are not exhaustive), all the perps now being apprehended via genealogy/DNA, etc. If anyone needs a great, uplifting thread to review, especially after we wait for FH’s arrest, I highly recommend this one. It is really encouraging and awesome to see all these murderers being apprehended, who were previously “hiding in plain sight”, living their lives... I’m sure many of them thought they had gotten away with it after all these years. They never expected such DNA advancements would eventually lead to their captures. And for others not yet caught, I’m sure they are worried, waiting for that knock on their doors. This thread is growing exponentially, practically daily, and it’s a fabulous sight. I’ve gone so far as to comment in there that this is the best thread ever:

DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match. )

Last edited:
If the co-worker is innocent, which totally appears to be the case, imo, I feel really, really badly for her. Not only has she lost a friend, and may feel some guilt for letting her go, being asleep when she texted, etc., but now she has to deal with all the other BS. It’s really really sad, moo.

ETA: I have a new name for Facebook: Slanderbook.
Agree and I love the name!
I wonder if things would lighten up a bit for her and maybe even gain some sympathy and apologies if LE would just publicly clear her? Seems it would go along way for them to just say we don’t believe she has any involvement in her disappearance or death. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa