GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Loughlin’s daughters could be ‘star witnesses’ at her college admissions trial

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/22/lori...ar-witnesses-at-her-college-admissions-trial/

I can’t get my head around being so desperate to get my daughters into a good university but then allowing them to possibly be used as witnesses against you in trial and how that will affect them emotionally and professionally in the future. Surely as a parent you would want to protect your daughters?

I can’t get my head around being so desperate to get my daughters into a good university but then allowing them to possibly be used as witnesses against you in trial and how that will affect them emotionally and professionally in the future. Surely as a parent you would want to protect your daughters?

Sarah Hearon - Senior staff writer US WEEKLY
January 22nd, 2020

Lori Loughlin’s Daughters Will Be Called to Testify If She Doesn't Change Plea

Lori doesn't want them to testify - they would have to plead the 5th to get out of it or Lori and Mossimo would have to plead guilty under a plea deal. The prosecution wants them to testify. This is according to media reports.

QUESTION:

What if they just don't show up? Can prosecutors and judges force you to get on the witness stand? Force you to testify against your family?

Last edited:

A California woman pleaded guilty to a federal fraud charge Wednesday after authorities said she paid a company $9,000 to take online classes for her son at Georgetown University and then demanded a discount when he received a C.

Karen Littlefair, 57, pleaded guilty in federal court in Boston to conspiracy to commit wire fraud. The resident of Newport Beach, California, previously agreed to the plea in a deal with prosecutors. She is to be sentenced May 13.

Newport Beach Mom Pleads Guilty to Paying Company $9K to Take Son’s Online Classes at Georgetown University

Possibly because they are still like appliances ...to help LL look better.
MOO

QUESTION:

What if they just don't show up? Can prosecutors and judges force you to get on the witness stand? Force you to testify against your family?

I'm no lawyer so maybe my input is less than useful, but I don't see why they couldn't be subpoenaed. Generally, in my knowledge trial attorneys tend not to subpoena witnesses they think will be too recalcitrant to give any good information, unless they cannot get along without the information they think they can solicit; or cannot find a more willing person to testify with knowledge of the same information.

From the point of view of pure privilege avoiding simply having to give testimony, the only such privilege is spousal. Parent-child is not a privileged anti-testimony category.

I'm no lawyer so maybe my input is less than useful, but I don't see why they couldn't be subpoenaed. Generally, in my knowledge trial attorneys tend not to subpoena witnesses they think will be too recalcitrant to give any good information, unless they cannot get along without the information they think they can solicit; or cannot find a more willing person to testify with knowledge of the same information.

From the point of view of pure privilege avoiding simply having to give testimony, the only such privilege is spousal. Parent-child is not a privileged anti-testimony category.

I have read about the family of the Loughlin/Gianulli. Sorry if I misspell their names, I never watch sitcoms and his designs I never heard about.

So I can't comment on their artistic qualities, it seems, average, since neither made that big a name, but it seems they are good businessmen, both of them.

From this standpoint, I think their whole behavior is neither entitled nor nasty, no, they simply weighed what would be good for business. They probably made a wrong decision, but they both seem to be rather emotionless and cold to me, so it probably was pure business.

About the kids, it, too, is pure business. Now they are mostly concerned about not losing own businesses and their daughter's sponsorships - or rather, since she lost some, are concerned about restoring them, probably?

So the daughter has to look good. To look good, honestly, she'd better not testify. If she shows up, denying any knowledge about the deal, given that they were photographed/photoshopped on rowing machines, and one of them posted something about not being into school, would be perjury. On the other hand, admitting own complicity would mean, definitely losing more sponsorship. Either way, it will look bad. So this is the parents' concern.

You are right thankx! The prosecutors will issue subpoenas and the girls will have to comply with them.

What is a subpoena? Can you Refuse to Testify if You Receive a Subpoena?

People who receive a subpoena for a criminal matter often wonder if they can ignore the subpoena or refuse to testify. Neither is advisable. Subpoenas are court orders that require a person to appear in court to testify and should be taken seriously. Failure to comply can lead to jail time and fines.

This legal analyst says Lori Loughlin took a bad gamble with college admissions scandal

• Colwin: “They are now facing money laundering charges too, which is very significant. So this is their last point. If you don’t plead like all the others, we’re now going to use your daughters and implicate your daughters.”
What’s next:
defense team will appear in court on Feb. 27 and May. 2.

I just noticed the same article. Lori, don't do it! Get a divorce and let Moss go down this road alone. Are you really this stupid?!

I just noticed the same article. Lori, don't do it! Get a divorce and let Moss go down this road alone. Are you really this stupid?!
On the other hand, she has a right to go to trial and thinks she is innocent.

However, it is not enough that she thinks she is innocent. Obviously the question is can the attorneys prove it to the jurors?

I am concerned that the jurors will want to convict her because she is already assumed guilty - too much of her case has been leaked - and many see her as arrogant and entitled etc...What happened to Martha Stewart could happen to her at trial...Opinion

Last edited:
On the other hand, she has a right to go to trial and thinks she is innocent.

However, it is not enough that she thinks she is innocent. Obviously the question is can the attorneys prove it to the jurors?

I am concerned that the jurors will want to convict her because she is already assumed guilty - too much of her case has been leaked - and many see her as arrogant and entitled etc...What happened to Martha Stewart could happen to her at trial.

She could request a bench trial. Either way, I don't see this as a winner.

But, what do I know? I saw OJ and Casey Anthony trials as slam dunks.

And why are prosecutors and defense attorneys leaking evidence and information back and forth in the media, headline after headline, so they can one-up each other? She can't get a fair trial like this. Non celebrity people don't have this and don't
go to trial with a jury pool who thinks they are guilty and entitled and above the middle class..Opinion

Go back through the thread and it is prosecution and defense trying the case in the media. We have all decided she is guilty based on it. Myself included.

Last edited:
Last edited:
By ANDREW MARTINEZ | amartinez@bostonherald.com |
PUBLISHED: January 26, 2020 at 5:45 pm | UPDATED: January 27, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Loughlin, parents want Singer's calls including alleged lies to romantic interests

A hearing on the parents’ fight for evidence may happen within weeks, as court documents have listed tentative dates of either Feb. 11 or Feb. 14.

Classic Narc behavior of blame shifting.
Creating a narrative in which they are the victim. Deflecting their lie by pointing out someone else’s lie. They dump the blame all on someone else to avoid taking any responsibility. I’m sure she expects the court to acquit & apologize to her as she rides off into a Hallmark sunset,lol.

MOO

Classic Narc behavior of blame shifting.
Creating a narrative in which they are the victim. Deflecting their lie by pointing out someone else’s lie. They dump the blame all on someone else to avoid taking any responsibility. I’m sure she expects the court to acquit & apologize to her as she rides off into a Hallmark sunset,lol.

MOO
What good will this do their Case? Everyone knows Singer - singing to the Feds - is a liar and criminal.

Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty — again — in college admissions scandal
Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
Yahoo Celebrity January 28, 2020

The plea was strictly procedural. It was triggered by one of the other defendants in the case, John Wilson, being slapped with an additional charge on Jan. 14 of filing a false tax return. Therefore, all of the defendants charged in the same superseding indictment (now the fourth) had to be arraigned or waive their appearance and enter a plea of not guilty.

Superseding Indictment #4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads