Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see them not getting the corroboration about a possible diagnosis because it's not relevant to the investigation. They had 10+ agencies at one point joining in on the search and I have a hard time believing that every single one of them wouldn't think it was relevant. IMO, it is relevant to the investigation and to the searchers or people that could have came into contact with him. It is pretty much common knowledge that a person with Autism does not always act in the same manor as somebody that doesn't. We've seen many cases with a child that has an actual diagnosis being stated in almost every announcement, take the Vallow kids for example.
Unless every person on that investigation was inept, I have a hard time believing that none of them would not take the time to make sure they had that information correctly. Maybe at the very beginning when they were in a rush to get the info out, but Harley was gone almost a month, I think that would be enough time to receive the right info, if he was indeed not self-diagnosed. But, then again there are a lot of strange things surrounding this case, hopefully slowly all our questions will have answers

I think it's possible that he was self diagnosed and the chief just doesnt want to say so because he has shown that he wants to protect the family from any negativity and backlash.
IMO he is just making it worse.

I think it's possible that he was self diagnosed and the chief just doesnt want to say so because he has shown that he wants to protect the family from any negativity and backlash.
IMO he is just making it worse.

I agree! He is making so much worse, which in turn is making him and the investigation look like it wasn't conducted correctly. I don't think it was and I don't think it honestly could have ended any other way, but with the amount of attention this case it getting they need to stop trying to "protect" the family from the meanies and just release as much info as they can at this point so the witch hunts, calls for protest on Harley's funeral, and people saying they completely dropped the ball would just stop. It's taking away what is truly important, Remembering Harley.

I just don't see them not getting the corroboration about a possible diagnosis because it's not relevant to the investigation. They had 10+ agencies at one point joining in on the search and I have a hard time believing that every single one of them wouldn't think it was relevant. IMO, it is relevant to the investigation and to the searchers or people that could have came into contact with him. It is pretty much common knowledge that a person with Autism does not always act in the same manor as somebody that doesn't. We've seen many cases with a child that has an actual diagnosis being stated in almost every announcement, take the Vallow kids for example.
Unless every person on that investigation was inept, I have a hard time believing that none of them would not take the time to make sure they had that information correctly. Maybe at the very beginning when they were in a rush to get the info out, but Harley was gone almost a month, I think that would be enough time to receive the right info, if he was indeed not self-diagnosed. But, then again there are a lot of strange things surrounding this case, hopefully slowly all our questions will have answers

I get what you're saying and agree until we get to the point that LE would actually confirm the diagnoses by the way of subpoena of medical records (as an example). They most likely took the information at face value and it became part of HD missing profile (perhaps not public but it was on a need-to-know basis to investigators and officials searching for him).

IMO, when LE calls in a SAR team (as an example) they work with to conduct a ground search on a missing person, they will absolutely want to know all about the missing person. SAR is called often for missing autistic children (the attraction to water is always very worrisome, IMO). They will ask many questions related to info given, such as will the child most likely not respond to rescuers if they hear or see them and stay in place? Any sort of impairments, as an example, crucial medication that cannot be skipped is important for them to know about the longer the person is missing and without that medication. But in most cases, they are not actually confirming someone's medical history, they believe what they are being told, time is ticking. There's no need to go through the legal process of obtaining this information unless it's specifically related to a criminal investigation, IMO.

I speculated that LE did not release information such as HD having autism initially because they really did think he was a runaway. Perhaps they thought he would be sensitive to that information about himself being put out there and not want to come home. That's just a wild guess....

They wouldn't need to corroborate it, they would just incorporate it into the investigation. Just like if the missing person had diabetes or any other disease. The police don't really need a doctor's note or anything.

I agree! He is making so much worse, which in turn is making him and the investigation look like it wasn't conducted correctly. I don't think it was and I don't think it honestly could have ended any other way, but with the amount of attention this case it getting they need to stop trying to "protect" the family from the meanies and just release as much info as they can at this point so the witch hunts, calls for protest on Harley's funeral, and people saying they completely dropped the ball would just stop. It's taking away what is truly important, Remembering Harley.

Calls for protesting Harleys funeral are absolutely despicable,it is so disrespectful to Harley and his memory.
I dont care what anybody believes,and I am still in the something isnt right camp,but to even contemplate pulling a stunt like that at a young boys final goodbye is a total disgrace and anyone who supports it is disgusting IMO.

Autistic boy, 14, who was found dead inside a chimney at a vacant home over the road from his house was missing for two days before his parents went to the police

January 22, 2020
Teen dead in chimney was missing 2 days before first report

I know every family has different dynamics but still, you gotta have a way to know where your minor child is. At least call the person who you think he might be staying at.

My take aways from the new info in the video:

It seems that something to do with his electronics/social media lead them to that house, or that's what is eluded to. Makes sense to me. Maybe this wasn't the very first time he went into that house and other times he did have his phone and either text/posted/pings (can they track down pings that close?) while he was there or said something to somebody before about going into the house. But that leads me to wonder if it WASN'T his first time entering that house, then he would have known it didn't have an actual fireplace that he could come out of.

MOO

Regarding Harley's electronics/social media, I didn't get the sense at all from the video that it was those things that let police to the house where Harley was found. I think it was just the way the news report was spliced together. The narrator said something about finding Harley at that house. And then they cut to the lead investigator speaking on the case saying that in the beginning of the case they had a lot of Harley's electronics and social media to go through. I think the producers cut to that clip, but it was not at all in context, or related to why or how they looked for Harley in that house.

Calls for protesting Harleys funeral are absolutely despicable,it is so disrespectful to Harley and his memory.
I dont care what anybody believes,and I am still in the something isnt right camp,but to even contemplate pulling a stunt like that at a young boys final goodbye is a total disgrace and anyone who supports it is disgusting IMO.
I wandered over to the PCPD FB page last night and that was the first I had seen about the protest and to say I am disgusted is to be putting it mild. I am also on the fence of something isn't right, I don't know what it is, but something isn't and absolutely people deserve to know the answers to some of these things that aren't adding up. (I don't think it was because the investigation was done incorrectly, didn't do enough, or would have changed the outcome. But some things really really don't make sense). But to protest a 14 year old child that lost his life, IMO is horrendously gross. Yes, please protest, it is our right as Americans to have a peaceful protest, but IMO that is not the time or place to do so. MOO

Regarding Harley's electronics/social media, I didn't get the sense at all from the video that it was those things that let police to the house where Harley was found. I think it was just the way the news report was spliced together. The narrator said something about finding Harley at that house. And then they cut to the lead investigator speaking on the case saying that in the beginning of the case they had a lot of Harley's electronics and social media to go through. I think the producers cut to that clip, but it was not at all in context, or related to why or how they looked for Harley in that house.
After going back and listening again, I think you're absolutely right. I think it's bad editing. When I first listening it sounded, to me, that some how his SM lead them there. I'll see if I can edit that. Thanks!

Well, too late to edit. I hope it doesn't confuse anybody. I apologize!

Edit #2: I just figured out the mulitiquote function, still learning the ropes around here lol. I apologize for all the separate replies!

Last edited:
After going back and listening again, I think you're absolutely right. I think it's bad editing. When I first listening it sounded, to me, that some how his SM lead them there. I'll see if I can edit that. Thanks!

Edit #2: I just figured out the mulitiquote function, still learning the ropes around here lol. I apologize for all the separate replies!

Lol,I worked out how to do it in pms the other day(I've been here for almost a year) I was so proud of myself:D

I wandered over to the PCPD FB page last night and that was the first I had seen about the protest and to say I am disgusted is to be putting it mild. I am also on the fence of something isn't right, I don't know what it is, but something isn't and absolutely people deserve to know the answers to some of these things that aren't adding up. (I don't think it was because the investigation was done incorrectly, didn't do enough, or would have changed the outcome. But some things really really don't make sense). But to protest a 14 year old child that lost his life, IMO is horrendously gross. Yes, please protest, it is our right as Americans to have a peaceful protest, but IMO that is not the time or place to do so. MOO
Get permits, even if you don't do that. Go to PCPD,City Hall, Governors Headquarters, Prosecutors office. Write letters to lawmakers, senators,Congress persons. Heck write the President of the United States.
But let Harley have his day in peace. For the Love of Harley.
MOO

Get permits, even if you don't do that. Go to PCPD,City Hall, Governors Headquarters, Prosecutors office. Write letters to lawmakers, senators,Congress persons. Heck write the President of the United States.
But let Harley have his day in peace. For the Love of Harley.
MOO

1000% agree! This is a day about Remembering Harley and the impact he had on every person that he ever came into contact with, IRL and on the internet. I get it people are mad that the parents haven't been arrested for neglect, I get people are mad that they think the chief did everything wrong, but the funeral is not the place to do this. It's like that crazy church picketing fallen soldiers funerals. It's not the time or place for it. I really thought that it was common decency, but man, after reading what I did last night, I am AMAZED at the amount of people that think it's ok. It is so darn heartbreaking that this child life ended the way it did, and now people are protesting the day and place he is being put to rest.

It was confusing and unclear editing for sure! And.... go Bills! :)

1000% agree! This is a day about Remembering Harley and the impact he had on every person that he ever came into contact with, IRL and on the internet. I get it people are mad that the parents haven't been arrested for neglect, I get people are mad that they think the chief did everything wrong, but the funeral is not the place to do this. It's like that crazy church picketing fallen soldiers funerals. It's not the time or place for it. I really thought that it was common decency, but man, after reading what I did last night, I am AMAZED at the amount of people that think it's ok. It is so darn heartbreaking that this child life ended the way it did, and now people are protesting the day and place he is being put to rest.
Westburro Blasphemers.

I was roaming around an antiques store yesterday, in a building that is at least 100 years old and in some disrepair. I happened to notice a round hole in one of the interior brick walls and it turned out to be where a stovepipe has once been. It was about 8 inches in diameter.

I’ve been pretty convinced that Harley managed to kick his jacket out through a wall opening (which I think is the size reported by the homeowner in this case). I think the hole I saw, similar size, would have allowed Harley to do this. Tragically I would think that the motions involved in kicking and shoving might have brought him further down and wedged him tighter. IMO of course. But it was enlightened to get that actual visual yesterday.

This is my first post but I’ve been following the story from the beginning. I have a theory about the coat on the floor and glasses....

If Harley dropped his coat down the chimney first (with his glasses either in a pocket or wrapped/balled up for safe keeping) then jumped in after them wouldn’t the pressure or vacuum he created since the bottom of the chimney was blocked cause his coat and glasses to shoot out of the flue like cannon.

Thinking along the lines of a marshmallow cannon. Scientifically speaking this is a hypothesis I’ve been meaning to test with PVC pipes from the home improvement store.

ETA: This could be why the coat and glasses could have been anywhere in that room. IMO

I’m not sure if this was already posted but here’s a more recent picture of Harley.
Maybe it's just how this photo was taken, but he really does look more filled out in this one, compared to all the others circulated in the media from the flyers and billboards. Even his face looks a little more mature. I hadn't seen this one until yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member