Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

I’ve not mentioned a woman. I’m just repeating what I read by a few posters. As far as I’m aware they have no link to AK.
Perhaps look for some more news articles or local documents/figures to highlight your point. As awful as it is these things always appear in the local press and always have done since newspapers were invented.

There are two extensive threads relating to Anthony's disappearance , so the photos are already on here , posted by somebody living in Lewes .
The river was high that evening , but I'd guess probably not freakishly so to locals - at present there's a complete absence of evidence of where , when or how Anthony ended up in the river , but I don't necessarily believe that the Tesco path should be the only focus in terms of vulnerability , if at all .

Yes it was me who posted the pictures. Top of page 12 on this thread.

I still think it's more likely he went in the opposite bank from the one everyone is focused on.
The opposite (west) bank has many access points along North Street behind buildings, many of which are derelict.
There's no bank or formal footpath along there when the river is swollen, it'd just be a sheer drop into the water.

When in Lewes last week (I don't actually live in the town) I also noticed another possible access point close to the junction of Waterloo Place and West Street (A2029).

I base this largely on the fact that if he'd gone to Waitrose (which is open till 9pm) or into the town centre, he'd surely have been caught on cctv, so I'm convinced he went away from the town after the official last sighting in Market Street.

And I'm still not 100% reassured that it wasn't him outside North Street Garage (opposite the fire station) an hour later.

I think an accident is more likely than any other scenario...I really can’t see why anyone would throw him into the river...as it appears that drowning is the cause of death as far as we can tell. Jmo

I think an accident is more likely than any other scenario...I really can’t see why anyone would throw him into the river...as it appears that drowning is the cause of death as far as we can tell. Jmo
I agree, it’s not the accidental, but more the location that keeps being suggested.

On page 11 of thread 1, there is a link to the barber shop CCTV footage, the last known siting of him at 19.41 where I think he looks drunk, many people on that thread also appeared to think so. There is a lighter version of that very same video where it looks much clearer and people were speculating that it looked like he had stepped out of a doorway further back. You can also see him holding his phone in his hand. I'm sure that lighter version of the video is about somewhere, I haven't had the chance to hunt for it properly yet.

We don't know he actually turned his phone off - he could of dropped it in a puddle and it broke, hence why he's holding it in that video. We don't know that he didn't tell anyone he was leaving - I haven't seen any exact details given from statements of the group to say what the circumstances of him leaving actually we're. Hence the speculation back along.

He was not 'nowhere near' the river, as I said before, from his last confirmed siting on the CCTV referred to above, he was just a five minute walk or so away. All he'd need to do was turn left and keep going.

People keep referring to this later footage at 20.45 which I believe has been ruled out by family and police as being him. No offence at all but Anthony was not a particularly distinctive looking person, there were probably lots of guys out similarly dressed with similar haircuts that night. We only know Anthony from photos and videos. His loved ones saw and spoke to him everyday, if they have looked at that footage and said it's not him I'd believe them. They, of all people, would be the ones who'd want to make sure they got it right while desperately trying to find him, surely.

I personally would describe drinking from early afternoon to evening as "drinking all day" but I guess that's a subjective opinion.

I don't think you need to be falling down drunk necessarily to have an accident around a river swollen by flooding with no railings around it in the dark.

Hello, I have been lurking and following this case and have similar thoughts to yours - that there was nothing nefarious here, and the simplest explanation is the most reasonable one.

1. The phone - tend to think the battery died rather than he shut it deliberately off. After 7 or so hours, especially if I had used it a few times for calls (that suck up battery), I'm pretty sure my phone could easily die.

2. One doesn't need to be falling down drunk for your judgement to be impaired or to get confused. To me, I agree, he had been drinking all day. Even if he somewhat paced himself, a couple beers every hour adds up - your liver can't process it that fast. I remember another case where people thought someone wasn't that drunk based on a one-second video and it turns out the Blood Alcohol Level was 3 times the legal limit. That's why they do breathalyzers and blood tests, because someone seeming not drunk or thinking they're not, doesn't mean they aren't impaired.

3. Unfamiliar town, streets, river, and him being a self-sufficient man who is highly unlikely to ask for directions no matter how badly he is lost (no offense to any men on here, but asking for directions ain't your thing), and it is a recipe for misadventure.

I'm so very sorry - what should have been a fun night out ended in tragedy for Anthony.

I’ve seen nothing either, I’m very surprised. Not sure the inquest will make much of a difference anyway, I think many questions will still not be answered.

There is the petition re fencing off the river bank. This is being directed towards the local council, but the council has been quoted as saying that the petition should be sent to the environment agency... if the results of the coroners inquest support this.
So there must be an inquest either done or due to be done, before the 30th

Well done Alyce, we’ll have to sit and wait, although I’m not sure it will tell us anything new unfortunately, and it probably won’t answer the many questions, whys and wherefores that his dear family and friends must have.

Would it be a "reasonable" presumption that the post mortem had shown drowning as cause of death ? With no other suspicions injuries? as he was released to his family quite quickly

There is the petition re fencing off the river bank. This is being directed towards the local council, but the council has been quoted as saying that the petition should be sent to the environment agency... if the results of the coroners inquest support this.
So there must be an inquest either done or due to be done, before the 30th
An inquest has to be at least six weeks after death, but the body can already have been released, they use the post mortem reports at the inquest (they then become public information). The inquest was mentioned with regard the petition before the body was released (so before they had any idea whether they would have an inquest or not). IMO- I think we are going to be disappointed and never get a definitive answer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back