Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the real crux of the problem:
  • On Sunday, GS allegedly went on a hike with stepmom and (step?)sister.
  • On Monday, he didn't attend school.
  • On Monday afternoon, he allegedly left to go to "a friend's house" without a jacket on, and without his cell phone.
LE says stepmom was the last person to have seen him.

I believe them.

I just don't believe the last time she saw him was Monday afternoon b/t the hours of 3-4 pm.

JMO.

Exactly

It’s disgusting really. You can tell when someone is maliciously spreading lies just to create a circus. There’s literally “professional trolls” that pride themselves on getting false information out to the public and if they make it to MSM, even better. Especially if they can make the media look like fools for falling for their narrative. It’s really sad, but it happens.

Agreed, but it takes two to dance tango . MSM should verify their info.

Not much of a hiker.
I should be-- it's good for the body and soul !
Wouldn't mind taking a look around the trails they walked on, on Sun. either by myself or with others.

Here's a thought-- maybe Gannon said he was going to a friend's house but went back to the trails to hang out for a bit and explore ?
It would be tempting for a boy that age.
And he didn't realize how dangerous it could be with bad weather and possible strangers ?
Still, one would think he'd be spotted on someone's ring cameras.

Eta : Were the trails withing reasonable walking distance from the home-- or was it a 15-20 minute drive ?
Although an 11 year old might misjudge how far away the hike was.
I'm curious if he could have sneaked off without being spotted by any surveillance ?
From his relatives in msm it sounds like he was a not a loner and liked to be close to people.

Last edited:
Here's the real crux of the problem:
  • On Sunday, GS allegedly went on a hike with stepmom and (step?)sister.
  • On Monday, he didn't attend school.
  • On Monday afternoon, he allegedly left to go to "a friend's house" without a jacket on, and without his cell phone.
LE says stepmom was the last person to have seen him.

I believe them.

I just don't believe the last time she saw him was Monday afternoon b/t the hours of 3-4 pm.

JMO.
If the SM told LE she took the kids on a hike on Sunday, I'm fairly certain they've had an interviewer specially trained to speak to children, to talk to little sister about the events on Sunday. In any case, they certainly should have done that by now.

... the sheriff’s office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby saying "I wanted to stress something very important in this case that we have seen. The misinformation that is being spread on social media has been an absolute hindrance to this case. Every rumor, every thought, everything somebody thought they heard, they saw, it takes away from our ability to vet credible tips and find Gannon... It prevents us from being timely in our response. I cannot stress this enough. Any information that is prematurely released or that has not been released from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is not credible. Everything else is rumor and its innuendo.” Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

It must drive investigators nuts, to have to filter thru so much unsubstantiated junk. I suppose some of what's said on SM could be true, but it's nearly impossible to know.
Yeah. You have people spreading false information, but you also have people who are trying to be helpful, but aren’t.

People calling in search suggestions and offering advice on how law enforcement should do their jobs.

They want real tips, from real eye witnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: broken quote>

I am beginning to feel no one has seen Gannon since Friday at school!!!
Who was the last to be able to talk and touch this child?
Would love to know a lot more about Friday?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the SM told LE she took the kids on a hike on Sunday, I'm fairly certain they've had an interviewer specially trained to speak to children, to talk to little sister about the events on Sunday. In any case, they certainly should have done that by now.

I'm wondering if her mother can and/or has refused to allow investigators to question her.

Can Police Question a Child Who Has Witnessed or Been a Victim of a Crime?
SFA:
Police are free to approach and question any child who may have witnessed or been the victim of a crime, just as they can contact and interview an adult. Police can question a child without a parent present and are not required to obtain permission from a parent before questioning the child.

However, if a parent is present when the police approach the child or police ask permission in advance, a parent can refuse to allow the child to be interviewed. A lawyer (hired by the parent) also can refuse an interview on a child’s behalf.

Last edited:
I actually have a lot of faith in the EPC Sheriffs Office. I know when I had a few run ins with them when I lived there and was active duty, and my young soldiers where getting into, well what young soldiers do. They were always the most professional, and always did their jobs well, way more than the CSPD. I absolutely believe there was a reason, not known to us, that they had him labelled as a "runaway", and why they then changed it to "endangered". I just hope they find him soon!

I actually have a lot of faith in the EPC Sheriffs Office. I know when I had a few run ins with them when I lived there and was active duty, and my young soldiers where getting into, well what young soldiers do. They were always the most professional, and always did their jobs well, way more than the CSPD. I absolutely believe there was a reason, not known to us, that they had him labelled as a "runaway", and why they then changed it to "endangered". I just hope they find him soon!

I believe it was posted on the last page that the investigative agency automatically considers missing kids over the age of 10 as runaways, initially. It seems outrageous and if true, they need to scrub that policy immediately.

I believe it was posted on the last page that the investigative agency automatically considers missing kids over the age of 10 as runaways, initially. It seems outrageous and if true, they need to scrub that policy immediately.

Oh they absolutely should get rid of that policy. I think 10 is wayyyy to young to be considered a runaway. How many cases have we seen that a 10/11 year runs away and actually STAYS away. Teens, yeah I get it, but 11 years old is still a child!

I'm wondering if her mother can and/or has refused to allow investigators to question her.

Can Police Question a Child Who Has Witnessed or Been a Victim of a Crime?
SFA:
Police are free to approach and question any child who may have witnessed or been the victim of a crime, just as they can contact and interview an adult. Police can question a child without a parent present and are not required to obtain permission from a parent before questioning the child.

However, if a parent is present when the police approach the child or police ask permission in advance, a parent can refuse to allow the child to be interviewed. A lawyer (hired by the parent) also can refuse an interview on a child’s behalf.
I wonder if the child was her child or if it was another stepchild? If that’s the case, she wouldn’t be the primary parent and the bio dad or mom could allow it. I don’t know who else was on the hike, just saying if it wasn’t her biological child, she wouldn’t have any say in it. I just hope he’s found soon. It’s been so many days and nights and I can’t imagine he isn’t scared by now.

I was getting ready to say that maybe LE should ignore social media.

But someone else made a good point that maybe LE is getting a lot of "tips" from people that saw some rumor, or false information on social media?

I just don't believe the last time she saw him was on Monday afternoon b/t the hours of 3-4 pm.

JMO.

I am beginning to feel no one has seen Gannon since Friday at school!!!
Who was the last to be able to talk and touch this child?
Would love to know a lot more about Friday?

I know I've asked this in other cases : Who saw him last outside of family ?
Could mean nothing at all.
One other possibility is that he was taken while walking to the friend's house.
No offense intended (After watching the presser I feel LE know more than they're saying and they are doing their job. ) ---- but I'm hoping LE will focus on the cameras in the area and see if he was seen walking anywhere in the neighborhood.
If he was seen-- would they keep that close to the vest , for whatever reason ?
Serious question.

Last edited:
Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them.

...RSBM...

Thank you for posting this. Late last night I read on non-MSM that LE had checked neighborhood ring cameras and had not seen Gannon 'walking to a friend's house' on them. I am so pleased that LE released this, but why? Yesterday they held the PC, now this additional tidbit - but this tidbit changes nothing for searchers, sleuthers or tipsters. JMO this release can only be about applying pressure to an unnamed POI re: GS left in a vehicle perhaps from a garage (as other posters have stated)

Hi. I'm sorry I have not been able to keep up with the latest the last few hours. Last I heard there was a man in the background of a selfie taken by stepmom on the "hike" Sunday. That man supposedly came forward and confirmed that yes it was sunday. Is that still the case?

I wonder if gannon's dad has adopted his step-sister. And what would happen if the dad said that the police could talk to her, and the mom said that they could not. I wonder if the biological parent would be given more authority.

Hi. I'm sorry I have not been able to keep up with the latest the last few hours. Last I heard there was a man in the background of a selfie taken by stepmom on the "hike" Sunday. That man supposedly came forward and confirmed that yes it was sunday. Is that still the case?
This is new info to me, can you share the link where this came from?

Is there a MSM link for that observation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420