Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

What do you think the purpose for the hike was? It appears from the drone footage above that anywhere in the area is hiking grounds. I got the impression they went to a known spot for this hike and it wasn’t just some backyard exploration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to watch one video. Do you recommend watching them all?
It’s very hard to see the ground in some of them because he’s up so high. I would watch them as they’re rather short in length. He is asking for comments and feedback for him to look further. He just painted it blue too- the drone- it was sweet of him.

What do you think the purpose for the hike was? It appears from the drone footage above that anywhere in the area is hiking grounds. I got the impression they went to a known spot for this hike and it wasn’t just some backyard exploration.
One reason that I will say, this area may be familiar to Gannon & his family. Any good hiding spots there?

@PawneeDew @Pianoturtle @PrayingForMissing Can you guys help with this? Please & thank you:)
Have you seen the drone footage a few pages back?
Who here lives in the area where Gannon lives? Is it a new neighborhood? On the first page in this thread it says he lives on Mandan Rd. near Marksheffle and Fontaine Blvd. When I pull up google maps, it shows no homes on Mandan, but it looks like it has been cleared and new streets are in. I don’t know when the google map photo was taken.
Playing Devil’s Advocate: LE says Gannon was not picked up on neighborhood video cams that day. If he did go out when stepmom says he did, and if he was running away, could he have gone out the back of his home to an open area where he would not have been picked up on camera?
Trying to narrow down possibilities.....
Have you seen the drone footage a few pages back?

One reason that I will say, this area may be familiar to Gannon & his family. Any good hiding spots there?
I’ve personally never been there, but from pictures, drone and satellite footage, the area is massive. It seems to be like high desert. Dry and hilly. I imagine lots of nooks, crannies and caves. Steep cliffs too.

Has the drone pilot spread out further than the immediate area around GS’s neighborhood? I haven’t watched the videos. The area east of the springs where Lorson Ranch is is mostly rolling hills that was former ranch/farm land. It’s relatively flat when compared with Cheyenne Mountain and the rest of the Front Range on the west side of town where I would consider the “good” hiking to be found.

Tons! And there are tons of trails that lead all over the entire park. Some to cliffs, creeks, open paces. That park is heavily visited, not as busy in the winter, but there are always people hiking and driving through.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... the sheriff’s office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby saying "I wanted to stress something very important in this case that we have seen. The misinformation that is being spread on social media has been an absolute hindrance to this case. Every rumor, every thought, everything somebody thought they heard, they saw, it takes away from our ability to vet credible tips and find Gannon... It prevents us from being timely in our response. I cannot stress this enough. Any information that is prematurely released or that has not been released from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is not credible. Everything else is rumor and its innuendo.” Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

It must drive investigators nuts, to have to filter thru so much unsubstantiated junk. <modsnip>

Has the drone pilot spread out further than the immediate area around GS’s neighborhood? I haven’t watched the videos. The area east of the springs where Lorson Ranch is is mostly rolling hills that was former ranch/farm land. It’s relatively flat when compared with Cheyenne Mountain and the rest of the Front Range on the west side of town where I would consider the “good” hiking to be found.
He just uploaded two new videos today. It appears he is in the area of where Gannon was last seen. The MSM article didn’t mention the spot they went hiking at so it’s hard to say where they went until they release that. I think the footage is good to see for a non local to understand the terrain. There is an awful lot of new construction in the area too. Growing up our development was expanding and I know my friends and I were guilty of hanging out inside the unfinished frames to hide from cops and parents while we skipped school or did bad stuff.

I'm not sure there was a hike. Someone could say they went on a hike in an area they know has no cell service. To cover up why their phone was turned off.

Not saying this happened.

And MOO.

Any time I have ever hiked in that area, I have never lost cell service. With any of the carriers that I had when I lived there. Or on any of the trails, and I've hiked pretty much all of them.

Edit cause I got to thinking.
In 2009 when I first got stationed there the first thing I did when I had time was go exploring. This was before smart phones and then service could be a little spotty. I just moved away a few months ago and before I left town I spent a day hiking around the whole park. With all the new cell towers up and advancements on smart phones, I had 5G the whole time. IMO that would not be a smart place to plan anything nefarious. It's free so there are always people there, no matter the time of the year.

Last edited:
Here's the real crux of the problem:
  • On Sunday, GS allegedly went on a hike with stepmom and (step?)sister.
  • On Monday, he didn't attend school.
  • On Monday afternoon, he allegedly left to go to "a friend's house." After having been home from school. Without a jacket or his cell phone.
LE says stepmom was the last person to have seen him.

I believe them.

I just don't believe the last time she saw him was on Monday afternoon b/t the hours of 3-4 pm.

JMO.

Last edited:
... the sheriff’s office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby saying "I wanted to stress something very important in this case that we have seen. The misinformation that is being spread on social media has been an absolute hindrance to this case. Every rumor, every thought, everything somebody thought they heard, they saw, it takes away from our ability to vet credible tips and find Gannon... It prevents us from being timely in our response. I cannot stress this enough. Any information that is prematurely released or that has not been released from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is not credible. Everything else is rumor and its innuendo.” Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

It must drive investigators nuts, to have to filter thru so much unsubstantiated junk. I suppose some of what's said on SM could be true, but it's nearly impossible to know.
It’s disgusting really. You can tell when someone is maliciously spreading lies just to create a circus. There’s literally “professional trolls” that pride themselves on getting false information out to the public and if they make it to MSM, even better. Especially if they can make the media look like fools for falling for their narrative. It’s really sad, but it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member