Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought. The thumb holes are usually cut and designed to fit the palm and hand comfortately. This look like it was cut at the seam.
I agree. I have a few of these and the thumb hole in them is much more snug to the thumb.

that’s such an odd area of the hand to have a cut, blister or other injury......I wonder if she is left handed and had access to a gun or rifle. Just trying to think of possible ways that specific part of the hand could’ve been injured.

Could LE of changed the command post/search area based on pings or gps during the hours (Mon. 10am-2pm) she was away from the house in the video or did they change post/search before the neighbor showed video to dad?

Edit to add- According to this article the command post was moved Sunday afternoon. Gannon Stauch missing for a week after leaving for friend's home - Thenew Mag
““There’s information that we have received that we need to search a different area,” Sheriff’s Sgt. Deborah Mynatt told NBC News, who declined to elaborate”

Was the video shown to Dad Sunday morning?

Last edited:
Ok. I guess it probably is the stepmom and boy but so far it seems what we have is two people making an ID off of a very grainy video. So it's a leap of faith it seems for anyone else to say yup that's her and the boy.

I'm pretty sure the video we see is a video of that video taken by the news station. The original would be incredibly clear.

Which is kind of why I feel they were questioning SM in the first place. She says in her interview, she was feeling confronted and wanted an attorney.
Technically and legally, a person does not need to speak to LE if approached so getting an attorney, even if your innocent ,is the way to go. I would talk if this event was related to me because I would be innocent and nothing to hide. JMO

Yeah, as I thought about that, I switch hands to open the door depending on which side of the car I'm on.

I have mixed-handedness/cross-dominance, so it's hard for me to be entirely sure, but since SM made the gun pulling motion with her right hand, it leads me to believe she's likely right-handed.

JMO.
MOO

Wait, wasn't the video found because of the reporter? And then turned over?
MOO IIRC the neighbor decided to review the whole day instead of just when GS was supposed to have left for a friends at 3-4pm.
No the video was found by the neighbor then he told the father of GS and the father took it to LE. The reporter found it by knocking on doors in the neighborhood after he received a tip. Now who provided the tip would fascinate me

After the sight of the El Paso County Crime Lab at the Stauch home Monday prompted worry among neighbors, Mynatt explained the crime lab is used in all kinds of investigations, both criminal and not.

"The crime lab is used to, again, get pieces. That’s a part of the investigation. That’s what they’re used for. So they’re out there and ensure they’re doing this with the proper measures. They’re using gloves and doing different things because they might come across something that might be part of the investigation. ... We get pieces of information that might not be criminal, that might just lead to where [Gannon] might be. Those kinds of things. So when we get pieces of evidence, it has to be maintained and protected and, again, that's why we might use crime lab. They're really good with that they're experts in the field, and that's why we do that, so it might not be criminal."
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 1 week

Can anyone see close enough that the shirt actually did have the thumb hole or did she manually cut a thumb hole?

I think it’s an athletic sweatshirt that has thumb holes intentionally sewn in at the wrists. They’ve very popular right now, designed to keep your sleeves down and in place while you’re running or working out.
JMO

I was thinking of the controversy regarding releasing the video. Although I understand the cons. I also see the pros.

With the public seeing this video, perhaps it will jog peoples memory of seeing this vehicle between this time period. I wonder why LE didn’t send out a press release asking people if they had seen this make and model truck, before this footage was released.

The release of this footage might also trigger her friends and family to put pressure on her for explanations. I don’t think her daughter had anything to do with this. But I do think her daughter believes in her mother. She is likely with her daughter currently and I think that after seeing this footage her daughter is probably asking her lots of questions.

MOO

I think they know what they’re doing. I also think the public overestimates how much they need our help to solve a case.

After the sight of the El Paso County Crime Lab at the Stauch home Monday prompted worry among neighbors, Mynatt explained the crime lab is used in all kinds of investigations, both criminal and not.

"The crime lab is used to, again, get pieces. That’s a part of the investigation. That’s what they’re used for. So they’re out there and ensure they’re doing this with the proper measures. They’re using gloves and doing different things because they might come across something that might be part of the investigation. ... We get pieces of information that might not be criminal, that might just lead to where [Gannon] might be. Those kinds of things. So when we get pieces of evidence, it has to be maintained and protected and, again, that's why we might use crime lab. They're really good with that they're experts in the field, and that's why we do that, so it might not be criminal."
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 1 week

Might not be criminal? But I guess they are just covering all bases.

Technically and legally, a person does not need to speak to LE if approached so getting an attorney, even if your innocent ,is the way to go. I would talk if this event was related to me because I would be innocent and nothing to hide. JMO
I agree. It's just very revealing why she said she wanted an attorney.

No the video was found by the neighbor then he told the father of GS and the father took it to LE. The reporter found it by knocking on doors in the neighborhood after he received a tip. Now who provided the tip would fascinate me
I get the feeling that this video or talk of what is in this video was shared with various neighbors. I mean, if I was RD, and found this on my surveillance, I would be calling others to review their own surveillance.
MOO

Wait, wasn't the video found because of the reporter? And then turned over?
MOO IIRC the neighbor decided to review the whole day instead of just when GS was supposed to have left for a friends at 3-4pm.
I don't have the faintest idea how the media got involved in that.
Fox was the first to report it.. actually if anybody can find that original report, it might be interesting to review it again... We all thought it was because something had occurred on the Sunday night , next day abc was first report I read stating the significant hours had been between 10-2 ish. And described BF response to it.
He reviewed it himself on the Saturday night on a big screen TV, it had been on his ipad before that and not really very visible by all accounts. He was suffering from insomnia and he really cared for young Gannon and what he discovered alarmed him. In the morning he alerted BF and BF alerted LE. That's how it was all reported going down..
Journos were doorstepping local people in the area, they may have obtained it that way.

All I will say is that a thumb hole is a small slit, TS's thumb hole looks like a large hole/slit and does not fit nicely around the hand as these photos will show (which are photos of shirts that already have the thumb hole).

81mQU3yEwYL._SL1500_.jpg

another here, but I can't seem to post the image. https://www.amazon.com/DJT-Womens-Funnel-Pullover-Sweatshirt/dp/B015635JDI?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddieknowsmagic