Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initials
GS- missing child
LS- stepmother (TS nickname)
AS- missing child’s father
LH- missing child’s Mom
RD- neighbor with video of stepmom leaving with GS and returning without him

Websleuths Lingo
Thanks, Oviedo! These can be confusing!

Other initials I see being used (though I admit I prefer their actual initials):
SM - stepmother (also LS/TS)
BM - birth mother (also LH)
BF - birth father (also AS)

I think that LE is having difficulty pulling evidence together that supports that a crime took place. I think they know it did, whether premeditated or neglect, but without a body they aren't able to make a good enough case for an arrest.
I am hung up on her taking him and not bringing him back. What does LE do with that, if she doesn't crack and spill the beans?

Here ya go:

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -- Private investigator David Marshburn specializes in missing person cases. Based in North Carolina, Marshburn is contacted by families across the country and brought in to help solve cases sometimes months after a person is reported missing.

Marshburn is not involved in the case of Gannon Stauch, but says he has a strong feeling about what might have happened to the 11-year-old based on the little information he's received.

"I don't think I'm going to like the outcome. I don't think anybody's going to like the outcome," said Marshburn.

Stauch was last seen Jan. 27. According to his stepmother, he left his home in Security (just outside Colorado Springs) that afternoon to play with a friend.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office maintains this is not a criminal investigation even as detectives pull evidence out of the Stauch home where Gannon was last seen.

"I like to give law enforcement time to do their thing and not step on their toes or get in their way," said Marshburn.

Marshburn says he has a knack for getting people to open up and share things they wouldn't tell law enforcement. He says much of that has to do with his ability to focus solely on one case, whereas law enforcement agencies are often working multiple cases at a time.

"I can focus on one thing and catch all the details and do all the profiling of reading someone. You have to have your heart in it," said Marshburn.

Anyone with information about Stauch's whereabouts should contact the sheriff's office's Investigations Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or call 911, if appropriate.

And it looks like there's a video above it but I didn't watch it. I think it's probably just the same images we've all been seeing, reporters saying the same stuff in front of the Stauch house.
bless your heart for that, thanks so much

I found it strange to see LS was not with the family when they made the statement. She claims she had no involvement but she sat out during a desperate plea to bring the step son she "took care of for 2 year". There are plenty of step parents who love their step children and would do anything and everything to ensure they are safe, happy and always feel loved. I just feel if she wasn't involved she would have shown her face with the family and made her plea

Maybe the bio parents refused it. If they think she’s responsible, it’s maybe not even safe to bring them all together.
I found it strange to see LS was not with the family when they made the statement. She claims she had no involvement but she sat out during a desperate plea to bring the step son she "took care of for 2 year". There are plenty of step parents who love their step children and would do anything and everything to ensure they are safe, happy and always feel loved. I just feel if she wasn't involved she would have shown her face with the family and made her plea

IMO, she would not have been given that option at this point. Or at any point, really. It seems she was kicked out of the house / off “team Gannon” pretty quickly.

edited to add that I think she was kicked out for good reason.

I don’t think it’s been established that the startled people were the home owners/residents. It may have been LE in the home overnight to secure the scene.

It has been established. I was watching Spencer Wilson's twitter. He's a KKTV reporter and he posted a couple updates:

1. "So, very weird moment at #GannonStauch’s home. The garage was left open for about a half hour (I think on accident) then three officers went in with flashlights. Then, screaming. I personally heard someone yell angrily “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE,” but not 100% sure."

2. "They pulled up after the person left the garage door open. We got it cleared up with the sherif’s office, sounds like they were just trying to shut the door for them and the people inside the home were spooked"

3. "Just touched base with @EPCSheriff, they let me know the officers were just trying to close the garage door for them and spooked the people inside. Not an update to the case, but shows just how tense and emotional the situation here is. #GannonStauch #FindGannon"

4. "Just confirmed with a deputy that someone (probably a neighbor) called for them to go close the door and that’s why the showed up. The strobing light we saw was a setting on a flashlight."

<modsnip - info from FB>

Last edited by a moderator:
She claimed she had been receiving death threats, it's possibly the truth. That is a reason, but it didn't really pan out cos she left her 2 fb accounts open.. if you want to hide, they get closed too. I didn't take her pose as guilt. I took it as a high maintenance woman seeking attention and maliciously attempting to hurt the birth parents in the worst possible way. A child was missing, possibly alive and she wanted him to know, if he was watching, that his mother didn't want to take care of him . That was the cruelty. That was the guilt.

Christine Pelisek
People February 5, 2020

Neighbor of Missing Boy, 11, Claims to Have Footage Showing Him with Stepmother Before He Vanished

4bd138bbec7f20b322b52472aa5d6189

Last edited:
The step mother in the Horman case wasnt involved in all the public pleas either. JMO

It has been established. I was watching Spencer Wilson's twitter. He's a KKTV reporter and he posted a couple updates:

1. "So, very weird moment at #GannonStauch’s home. The garage was left open for about a half hour (I think on accident) then three officers went in with flashlights. Then, screaming. I personally heard someone yell angrily “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE,” but not 100% sure."

2. "They pulled up after the person left the garage door open. We got it cleared up with the sherif’s office, sounds like they were just trying to shut the door for them and the people inside the home were spooked"

3. "Just touched base with @EPCSheriff, they let me know the officers were just trying to close the garage door for them and spooked the people inside. Not an update to the case, but shows just how tense and emotional the situation here is. #GannonStauch #FindGannon"

4. "Just confirmed with a deputy that someone (probably a neighbor) called for them to go close the door and that’s why the showed up. The strobing light we saw was a setting on a flashlight."

Then Landen updated people on fb "detective met us there and then left. cops thought garage was left open and went to shut it with homeowner inside. spooked"
BBM Wait, What ???? Homeowner inside of garage?? I thought everyone left and only LE/investigators were there inside??
I may have hypothetically read that a homeowner came to get clothes but did not see it verified until now that a homeowner was there inside.
I am guessing that is what all the yelling was about, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member