Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC7 Eyewitness News on Twitter
Our thought and prayers are with the family of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik, whose body was found four days after she went missing from her South Carolina home https://abc7.la/3byS56M
EQrhXbmU8AE6unw.jpg

2:42 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
Director Byron Snellgrove updated community and media that the body of #FayeSwetlik has been found.
The investigation into her homicide begins as @Cayce_DPS, along with local, state and federal partners, will work together to bring this case to a close.
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:34 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
If you have any information that would assist in our homicide investigation, the #FayeSwetlik Hotline is still operational and our work is ongoing. 1-803-205-4444.#PrayforFaye
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:35 PM - 13 Feb 2020

ADMIN NOTES:

At this time, the deceased CT has not been officially named by LE as the perpetrator of this crime. Unless/until LE advises otherwise (or Tricia makes a thread specific exception), do not sleuth him or make direct accusations of him being responsible.

Websleuths is fact based and rumors are not allowed. If your post starts with something like “it says on FB” or “i read somewhere”, that is considered hearsay or rumor and your post will be removed.

Inappropriate, crass or insensitive posts will be removed. Please don’t ask why.

It is against The Rules to discuss or solicit PMs on the thread. If you want to PM with someone, just do it without announcing it.

Please don’t drag other cases into the discussion. Details from other threads/cases detract from the case at hand and can end up causing confusion in the discussion.

Do not bring race or religion into the discussion. It is a violation of TOS. Race can only be mentioned as it relates to a physical descriptor released by LE regarding a POI/suspect.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, all information stated as fact must have a link to MSM or LE, and ALL images require a link to give credit to the source.

Threads are for discussion of the case at hand, so please don’t question or challenge moderation or The Rules on the thread. Just read The Rules and post accordingly. If you have a question about those rules, please just private message a Mod or Admin without derailing the discussion.

LE had no chance with this one, not only a stranger incident but one with no previous record. They really had it stacked against them. My heart goes out to the officers and first responders on this one.

Do we know if he had her at the house and was able to move her somehow to where she was found or was her location the primary scene.

Just glad he took something (I suspect t-shirt MOO) that tied him to the incident.
Now the jackals can leave the family alone.

You'd think so but they are still coming at her mom saying she was somehow responsible or there's "more to the story", even after hearing the 911 tape, which gutted me.

I agree. I thought today's press conference was the most thoughtful I've ever seen. I'm impressed and grateful. In a world that now jumps to criticize others and deflect, it felt refreshing and even inspirational to see the press conference today.

The female officer reminded me of advice I once got from a mentor (eons ago). That was, whenever you start a presentation, make sure the first thing you do is say "thank you" and acknowledge people other than yourself. Today, the woman officer started her words by thanking the media for their coverage. I thought that was brilliant in more ways than one.

I await the news from the autopsies. I think we'll have a lot of new information tomorrow.

jmo
I have family in LE and I can say they feel these cases - the presser today where he talked about seeing the kids at school and waving on their way to this presser and him choking up - they hurt and I think a simple thing we can do is acknowledge their commitment and pain by sending a message of encouragement to them on their Facebook - Full Audio of Faye Swetlik 911 Call

LE had no chance with this one, not only a stranger incident but one with no previous record. They really had it stacked against them. My heart goes out to the officers and first responders on this one.

Do we know if he had her at the house and was able to move her somehow to where she was found or was her location the primary scene.

Just glad he took something (I suspect t-shirt MOO) that tied him to the incident.
They indicated that the dump site was fresh, meaning she probably hadn’t been there since the beginning.

My guess is that he was unable to take the body away by vehicle, on account of the neighborhood being on lockdown.

I think he snuck out late at night, and carried her to that location.

BBM, they indicated she was moved and had not been there long in the press conference today.

This was probably linked already. I can’t even keep up with this case it is moving so fast. As I was catching up on the news tonight, I noticed the headline about the trash. Back in Thread 1, we were mentioning the trash, within hours of her being missing. Golly, how I wish when his house was searched, they could have seen in his trash bin. This is just heartbreaking. Poor little girl.

‘Critical’ evidence found in trash in case of missing girl Faye Swetlik

Police also found a "critical" piece of evidence "that would have been listed on her missing persons flyer" in Taylor's trash.

This was probably linked already. I can’t even keep up with this case it is moving so fast. As I was catching up on the news tonight, I noticed the headline about the trash. Back in Thread 1, we were mentioning the trash, within hours of her being missing. Golly, how I wish when his house was searched, they could have seen in his trash bin. This is just heartbreaking. Poor little girl.

‘Critical’ evidence found in trash in case of missing girl Faye Swetlik

Police also found a "critical" piece of evidence "that would have been listed on her missing persons flyer" in Taylor's trash.
Probably a clothing item of Faye's. JMO

From the previous thread --

Wow, what a great map @Truth Seeker -- a big thank you!

Oh my, she and her mom walked right in front of Taylor's apt. that day and every school day, I would assume. My heart aches to think of it. I'm betting he had allegedly seen her take the walk many days, and I betting he allegedly knew exactly where she lived.

Allegedly -- IMO, he had to have a ruse to somehow get her to go with him wherever -- it was still daylight -- anyone could have seen them together -- he couldn't just scoop her up and run away with her kicking and screaming. Did he pretend he was looking for his (supposedly) new puppy by walking down the little street, whistling "Here so-and-so, c'mon little puppy, it's time to eat," and let her hear and see him? Could she have been lured to help him? Stranger-danger, yes, but we're talking about a puppy -- or a kitten, etc. "Will you help me find my new puppy?" JMHO.
All it takes is for a victim to smile, wave or say hi to a person that has extreme inner issues to act. What might be simple and carefree to us can be a whole different matter for another person who is not thinking right. JMO

I have family in LE and I can say they feel these cases - the presser today where he talked about seeing the kids at school and waving on their way to this presser and him choking up - they hurt and I think a simple thing we can do is acknowledge their commitment and pain by sending a message of encouragement to them on their Facebook - Full Audio of Faye Swetlik 911 Call
@oviedo I have been puzzling about the best way to show support...I did take one (4second) dip into that FB comment section and NOPE. Maybe I will send something nice to their office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk97821