Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search and rescue crews from the FBI, El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office were stationed in the area of 13800 S Perry Road on Wednesday and Thursday.

Officials from the El Paso Sheriff’s Office told KRDO on Friday they are not using citizen volunteers in that specific area.
KRDO crews are headed up to Larkspur. Follow along with the KRDO networks for updates throughout the day.
Officials not using citizen volunteers to search for Gannon Stauch in Larkspur - KRDO

I hope your migraine goes away soon. I get them several times a month, and when I do, I can’t even read.

As to your question: Ever since TS mentioned tools and woodworking in her written statement, I’ve had this nagging feeling.

She claims Gannon “kept going to the side of the house” after he cut his foot and that “(h)e told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked ....” This leads me to believe she expects Gannon’s blood to be found in the garage and on the side of the house. Some posters have stated that may be where they keep their garbage bins, which makes sense to me :(.

TS also writes, “[Gannon] sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged [up the cut on his foot].” So that’s another location where she expects LE to find Gannon’s blood, IMO, whatever she means by “the edge of the car.” My hunch is it is the rear bumper of a car, not a truck, but I’m really not sure.

So, my fear is she did something to him to make him easier to dispose of ... :(. It’s also possible that she dumped clothes, linens, etc. with his blood on them in other people’s garbage bins, or more likely, Dumpsters at construction sites, IMO.

I was talking about this with my husband last night and I told him I have a feeling all the random details we know so far are just scratching the surface of what she possibly did to that precious child. I think a lot of what we have heard (from her) has very little to do with the actual search for Gannon.

I would love to be proven wrong. At this point, if he came home safe I would even be willing to give her that apology that she demands.

JMO
MOO

My apologies for posting the article and link from The Palmer Lake Herald earlier. I saw their page yesterday as they had a good write up and photos of the search efforts for Gannon.

I thought it was the Palmer Lake local newspaper. :(

JMO

Different ground and air scent dogs have different skill levels based on training and field experience. The handlers skill also plays a factor. Some dogs do better in wet environments, some in dry, others in snow, etc. The best results I have had are using trackers in conjunction with ground scent dogs. When the dogs lose the scent, the trackers re-establish the trail and the dogs jump back in.
I always appreciate you sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with us.

I just saw this online. I wish I was privy to what lead caused this search methodology and equipment. I have special ground probes and a metal detector that can pick up shoelace eyelets and dental amalgam for this type of search, and they are only used for one thing.

Yep... reminds me of the search for Ryan Shtuka in Kamloops where they were thinking he was buried by snow so they used similar items... hoping to God this isn't Gannon's fate.

I hope your migraine goes away soon. I get them several times a month, and when I do, I can’t even read.

As to your question: Ever since TS mentioned tools and woodworking in her written statement, I’ve had this nagging feeling.

She claims Gannon “kept going to the side of the house” after he cut his foot and that “(h)e told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked ....” This leads me to believe she expects Gannon’s blood to be found in the garage and on the side of the house. Some posters have stated that may be where they keep their garbage bins, which makes sense to me :(.

TS also writes, “[Gannon] sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged [up the cut on his foot].” So that’s another location where she expects LE to find Gannon’s blood, IMO, whatever she means by “the edge of the car.” My hunch is it is the rear bumper of a car, not a truck, but I’m really not sure.

So, my fear is she did something to him to make him easier to dispose of ... :(. It’s also possible that she dumped clothes, linens, etc. with his blood on them in other people’s garbage bins, or more likely, Dumpsters at construction sites, IMO.
bbm
Wonder if he'd tried to get away from step mom whilst wounded and bleeding ?
Attempted to escape through the back or side of the house ?
Only he wasn't able to; because of possible injuries or the step monster grabbed him ?

And who is "WE" ???
It's a certainty that Gannon's little sister didn't help to 'bandage' any wounds.
And a cut foot doesn't bleed very much.

Head wounds are much more messy. :(

So what does LS' daughter know ?
Investigators needed to have a chat with her like weeks ago.
Smdh.

Unless LS had a new boyfriend and there is another person involved in Gannon's disappearance.
Prob. not.
Somehow I'm thinking LS did this all by her lonesome.
We know she went somewhere with him and didn't return with Gannon.
LE aren't looking at anyone else.

Last edited:
Search and rescue crews from the FBI, El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office were stationed in the area of 13800 S Perry Road on Wednesday and Thursday.

Officials from the El Paso Sheriff’s Office told KRDO on Friday they are not using citizen volunteers in that specific area.
KRDO crews are headed up to Larkspur. Follow along with the KRDO networks for updates throughout the day.
Officials not using citizen volunteers to search for Gannon Stauch in Larkspur - KRDO
This sounds like they are getting closer to finding some type of evidence.

I just saw this online. I wish I was privy to what lead caused this search methodology and equipment. I have special ground probes and a metal detector that can pick up shoelace eyelets and dental amalgam for this type of search, and they are only used for one thing.

Can you tell what type of poles they are using by viewing the video? Crews use shovels, long poles at wooded property while searching for Gannon Stauch

Both our adult chocolate lab and GSP puppy are air trained. They are working on cross training the GSP to trail. She is pretty consistent with air considering she is still young.

ETA: I am glad she is good at this-considering she just snatched a whole unpeeled potato I dropped and ran outside with it...not real sure she has the aptitude for much else :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that involved her Google location data, which is far more specific than looking at pings.

If it’s not turned off or deleted, it can leave a damning trail of evidence.
I have a question. I don’t know much about technology. If LS did not voluntarily give LE her phone to search, then are they able to look for google locations or pings by using an alternate source? She wasn’t cooperative with LE so I’m guessing she didn’t agree to give them her phone.

Yeah, that involved her Google location data, which is far more specific than looking at pings.

If it’s not turned off or deleted, it can leave a damning trail of evidence.

I'm SO hoping that there's Google Map data for this one - that may be what created the little delay in narrowing the search. If the owner of the account doesn't turn it over voluntarily, there would be a subpoena of some kind and Google would provide, it would probably take at least a week.

(Basing that on the Adea Shadani case).

I have a question. I don’t know much about technology. If LS did not voluntarily give LE her phone to search, then are they able to look for google locations or pings by using an alternate source? She wasn’t cooperative with LE so I’m guessing she didn’t agree to give them her phone.
They likely obtained a warrant for her phone. She wouldn’t have had a choice but to hand it over.

Her phone would then be downloaded.

If they didn’t have a warrant at that time, she still may have handed it over willingly. She may have later become uncooperative (when the questions got harder).

So either way, I think they have the data on her phone, and from her phone company.

I'm not sure if this is allowed but did anyone see the John Bradley Wilson drone video of the area he was looking for Gannon at? It's on YouTube. I was just wondering what area that is in. I'm in Ohio and have no idea of the area he was last seen in. The video is over 9 minutes long and it's just mostly empty areas and a few neighborhoods. I'm curious to know if it's an accurate video of his surrounding area.?
Welcome!
I believe it’s allowed because he was interviewed by mainstream media. I think his drone search was a day or 2 after GS last seen. The best way to get caught up here is look at this link for Media Maps and Timeline. It’s always on Page 1 of each thread.
CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020*MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE*

I always appreciate you sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with us.

Thank you! I hope that other folks get interested in SAR and get experience putting boots on the ground solving these cases. Trackers are the rarest of the SAR skills, but if you read Tom Browns Field Guide to Tracking and Nature Observation, you will learn a ton. With some dirt time, any SAR team would give their right arm to have you. If you are a Tom Browns School graduate, well, that's a whole other world.

I was talking about this with my husband last night and I told him I have a feeling all the random details we know so far are just scratching the surface of what she possibly did to that precious child. I think a lot of what we have heard (from her) has very little to do with the actual search for Gannon.

I would love to be proven wrong. At this point, if he came home safe I would even be willing to give her that apology that she demands.

JMO
MOO

It all made me cringe too. An excuse as to why blood may be on a car trunk or tool (like a sawzall?) just puts the spotlight on her and what she did. A lot of people elluded to it here, but basically I think she's making this easy on LE in terms of what happened and who did it. She thinks she's not, but lots of people like her believe they fool everyone around them all the time. Now, LE just needs that last piece of the puzzle - where GS is - and the rest is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew