Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crews continuing their search for #GannonStuach in Larkspur today. They’ve been in this area for three days now. Today marks 18 days Gannon has been missing. @KKTV11News #FindGannon

Ashley Franco on Twitter

Attachments

• 069B8C3B-87F1-4E3C-AA16-16281D55E3BC.jpeg
    069B8C3B-87F1-4E3C-AA16-16281D55E3BC.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 49
They likely obtained a warrant for her phone. She wouldn’t have had a choice but to hand it over.

Her phone would then be downloaded.

If they didn’t have a warrant at that time, she still may have handed it over willingly. She may have later become uncooperative (when the questions got harder).

So either way, I think they have the data on her phone, and from her phone company.

And if she deleted that Google map data, Google is pleased to hang onto it...

There are ground scent and air scent dogs. Not necessarily breed specific, but some breeds will do better at one that the other. We raise beagles for rabbit hunting. They are primarily ground scent, bloodhounds are the same. But breeds like pointers and coon hounds are primarily air scent. You can generally tell by how they track a trail what type they are using (head up=air scent, head down=ground scent) although some will probably use a combination of both. Also dogs can be trained to find all sorts of scents, so some may be trained to find living people, other cadavers, some explosive, some technology (like cell phones), others fruit, or drugs.

I have read before in different cases where people have said they have coon hounds and that they can track literally anything to anywhere!
I'm not sure I am familiar with them though in the UK,might have to Google them now:)

Same here, as a homeschooling family we are big into teaching life skills. I'm def getting this book!
Tom has a number of these field guide books. They are the best out there. The books the Tracker and the Search are also worth reading to get his background. Attending the school in NJ is a life altering experience.

Really dumb question, but it's something I always wanted to know:

Do bloodhounds do better if they are searching for blood?

And, I guess I have another one...Do bloodhounds mainly track for blood?

I have read before in different cases where people have said they have coon hounds and that they can track literally anything to anywhere!
I'm not sure I am familiar with them though in the UK,might have to Google them now:)

In the UK, Constables in the 1800's and early 1900's used dogs in rural areas. You have some very good hunting breeds that work well for SAR.

It all made me cringe too. An excuse as to why blood may be on a car trunk or tool (like a sawzall?) just puts the spotlight on her and what she did. A lot of people elluded to it here, but basically I think she's making this easy on LE in terms of what happened and who did it. She thinks she's not, but lots of people like her believe they fool everyone around them all the time. Now, LE just needs that last piece of the puzzle - where GS is - and the rest is easy.
bbm
If Gannon's blood is on the woodworking tools it's not b/c he was using them, imo.

Really dumb question, but it's something I always wanted to know:

Do bloodhounds do better if they are searching for blood?

And, I guess I have another one...Do bloodhounds mainly track for blood?

Nope! They track skin cells that drop off your body. They vacuum them up with their nose, compare them to the scent that was imprinted on them and decide if this is the person they are looking for or not. You shed thousands of skin cells all the time.

Ohhhhh, that could make sense of all the nonsensical information about "that gate and the key". Maybe there were text messages from her phone about "a gate"?

Yes, exactly.

Oh, and the Palmer Lake Herald has reported that it has several credible reports that a phone pinged in that area they are searching. There are a lot of people standing around, talking to various personnel as they go in and out of the staging area. Naturally, SAR people get training, but they are volunteers and some of them do talk or post on their own SM.

I agree. I couldn't even begin to imagine what she is going through, but I know I probably wouldn't handle it with a fraction of grace and strength that she has. Even after everything TS has said about LH, I have not seen LH say one negative thing about TS on SM. Not once. I cannot wait for justice to come in and knock TS on her *advertiser censored**.
I am LOVING your avatar @Faebray :)

Yes, exactly.

Oh, and the Palmer Lake Herald has reported that it has several credible reports that a phone pinged in that area they are searching. There are a lot of people standing around, talking to various personnel as they go in and out of the staging area. Naturally, SAR people get training, but they are volunteers and some of them do talk or post on their own SM.

A phone meaning LS's phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member