Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Significant elements: Drayton's description does indeed show both assumed SM and assumed GS entering the vehicle. It also shows assumed SM exiting the vehicle and not would-be-assumed GS. That is not in dispute. That is what we directly see.

What we do not see is GS exiting but there are shadows that appear in areas of the video that might indicate assumed GS exiting. That others refuse to accept the existence of the shadows or refuse to accept indicates activity on the other side of the vehicle is not my problem.

I have no reasons to lean one way or the other regarding innocence or guilt of a someone in this case nor do I have a dog in this hunt for one way or another. I know my (photography) experience, I know what I see in the video and I overlay what I see with the logic of what the situation suggests: that someone exited the vehicle on the other side and I assume that to have been GS because I assume the individual we see entering the near side of the vehicle was GS.

Experience and logic and no bias one way or another: not a bad combination.
Just drove by the search area. Not good timing - everyone was at the staging area eating lunch. I'm curious what EPCSO says the searcher count is today. It looked like there were maybe half as many cars as were there on Thursday and Friday.

The weather is really helping their efforts the past few days. Snow is melting quickly - there were a couple small patches of bare ground in the search area. Based on footprints in snow, I would say they have searched both sides of 105 from about the middle of the east-west portion of the S-curves to a short distance north of the second curve.

As someone else mentioned, the supposed privacy screen is actually a fence/gate with solid green fabric (looks like that landscape barrier fabric only heavier) between two fence poles. It's between two berms of dirt just north of the second curve. It looks like it's something the landowner did perpendicular across a dirt road to prevent people from driving onto their property at that location.

When I drove by, there was a Douglas County sheriff 's vehicle and a EPCSO vehicle parked there and the two LEOs were standing by the landscape fabric fence as if they were guarding it so it still seems possible that there is something there of significance. Maybe/maybe not. It honestly seems unlikely since nobody was guarding it last night.
Thank you.
Guarding it now, but ot overnight? Maybe video was set up.

Just drove by the search area. Not good timing - everyone was at the staging area eating lunch. I'm curious what EPCSO says the searcher count is today. It looked like there were maybe half as many cars as were there on Thursday and Friday.

The weather is really helping their efforts the past few days. Snow is melting quickly - there were a couple small patches of bare ground in the search area. Based on footprints in snow, I would say they have searched both sides of 105 from about the middle of the east-west portion of the S-curves to a short distance north of the second curve.

As someone else mentioned, the supposed privacy screen is actually a fence/gate with solid green fabric (looks like that landscape barrier fabric only heavier) between two fence poles. It's between two berms of dirt just north of the second curve. It looks like it's something the landowner did perpendicular across a dirt road to prevent people from driving onto their property at that location.

When I drove by, there was a Douglas County sheriff 's vehicle and a EPCSO vehicle parked there and the two LEOs were standing by the landscape fabric fence as if they were guarding it so it still seems possible that there is something there of significance. Maybe/maybe not. It honestly seems unlikely since nobody was guarding it last night.

Thanks so much, @Silverheels, for your up-to-date and live reporting! This is so helpful!

I have to keep in mind that the time there is 1:00 p.m. (I am thinking of the daylight they have left today).

Many of us believe the neighbor video as released to the media is not the smoking gun here. It simply means we need additional evidence or official confirmation from LE that LS and GS left at 10:15 that morning and GS was never seen again. This may exist in the audio of the shared videos, in other videos from the neighbor, in other videos from other neighbors, sightings in person, etc..

Our need for this evidence doesn’t mean we don’t believe the media account or that we think the neighbor lied. It doesn’t mean we don’t think LS did something. It doesn’t mean we think he was kidnapped. It means we believe there’s a lot more to the story and perhaps we don’t want to narrow our focus to the four hour window.

My personal perspective would change if LE directly said he was last seen at 10:15 getting into a red truck at this home with LS. They initially posted ‘Last seen last night 01/27/2020 at the *advertiser censored* & Go at Mesa Ridge Parkway. Wearing blue jacket and jeans left home on foot.’ That hasn’t been deleted. They next updated it with ‘Last seen last night 01/27/2020 in his home between 3:15pm-4pm in Lorson Ranch.’

I’m choosing to believe there is evidence way more significant than what we’ve seen in those videos and that’s why LE response was to say they are a piece of the investigation. I also believe it’s important to clue into what was happening in social media during the times LE strongly advised against rumor and speculation and told people to disregard content that didn’t come directly from them.

Maybe it "hasn't been deleted" is just an oversight:

Gannon Stauch: What we know two weeks since the 11-year-old went missing from Colorado Springs home

- Gannon was reportedly last seen Jan. 27 by his stepmother, Letecia Stauch, who told investigators the boy left for a friend’s house between 3:15 and 4 p.m. and didn't return home.

- Gannon is 4'9" with brown hair and brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket and jeans.

- Gannon did not attend school the day he disappeared, according to law enforcement officials. Gannon attends an elementary school in the Widefield School District, a spokeswoman for the school told The Gazette.

- The Sheriff's Office's Major Crimes Unit was called in to assist with the case on Jan. 28. Before then, Gannon was classified as a runaway.

BBM, and further down the page:

- An initial report that the boy was last seen at the *advertiser censored* & Go on Mesa Ridge Parkway near Fountain was incorrect, according to the Sheriff's Office. Upon reviewing surveillance footage the day after he was reported missing, Gannon's stepmother said the boy suspected to be Gannon was not him, according to law enforcement officials.

I see no reason to disbelieve the Gazette and LE unless one is giving credence to TS's smears implying that LH arranged for GS to disappear with someone.

Significant elements: Drayton's description does indeed show both assumed SM and assumed GS entering the vehicle. It also shows assumed SM exiting the vehicle and not would-be-assumed GS. That is not in dispute. That is what we directly see.

What we do not see is GS exiting but there are shadows that appear in areas of the video that might indicate assumed GS exiting. That others refuse to accept the existence of the shadows or refuse to accept indicates activity on the other side of the vehicle is not my problem.

I have no reasons to lean one way or the other regarding innocence or guilt of a someone in this case nor do I have a dog in this hunt for one way or another. I know my (photography) experience, I know what I see in the video and I overlay what I see with the logic of what the situation suggests: that someone exited the vehicle on the other side and I assume that to have been GS because I assume the individual we see entering the near side of the vehicle was GS.

So Gannon returns home, isn’t captured leaving, and law enforcement initiated what is clearly a criminal investigation, for nothing?

They are also searching 40 miles away for no reason, sent CSI teams to the house for no reason, rattled the SM in an interrogation room for no reason, and she was uncooperative for no reason?

Her changing story means nothing (he ran away and now it’s a kidnapping), and her alibi building means nothing (cut in the garage, gate nonsense)?

If those things actually mean something though, then all the pieces fit.

Gannon never made it home, and law enforcement is searching an area about an hour away because SM was using that 4 hour time window to commit and conceal a murder.

Even if he’s not there, the actions of LE are telling. They don’t buy a damn thing this lady is selling.

“I just kept searching and I saw where she came back,” Drayton recalled. “And he didn’t get out of the vehicle. So, she came back by herself about four hours later.”

Jackie Kirby, an El Paso County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman, did not dispute Drayton’s account of what was on the video but warned that is only a part of a much bigger investigation.

“This is just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle,” she told ABC News.

Letecia Stauch has meanwhile repeatedly denied playing a role in her stepson’s disappearance.

“I would never ever hurt this child,” she told KKTV.

Neighbor’s surveillance video provides new clues in disappearance of 11-year-old Colorado boy

Proof.
I've posted this so many times I could probably type it all out from memory, lol.
In any case... when the time comes for the release of a probable cause statement, won't that be some interesting reading?
We already know she's lied about certain things, but I suspect she's lied about many more things we haven't even heard about yet.

I posted this scenario in previous threads trying to be vague wondering if anyone would pick up on it? I didn’t want to jeopardize anything but since LE has publicly announced the area. Why not? These maps (to me:imo) gave substance that it might be possible Gannon could be alive - that she did attempt to provide care and take him to secure him with someone trusted (perhaps someone with medical knowledge). This is why I held onto a fantasy of a miracle.
Thank you! Same for me. He was a miracle child at birth, I was hoping for another.

Sheriff's Office has received 465 tips to date. These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence.

Sheriff's Office Update on the Gannon Stauch Case

They have reported that they've received tips of possible sighting

Yes, apparently including one from Massachusetts (which was posted here by the person who gave it - and didn't sound at all like Gannon, given that the kid was not wearing what Gannon was wearing and possessed something that Gannon supposedly did not have in his possession - his backpack). There are others that have been on SM that clearly are either not Gannon or Gannon was leading a double life.

LE checks out all the tips anyway. When a case gets this big, there are going to be a lot of sightings reported. Each one has to be checked out. Pretty sure that the ones from places like Boston are ruled out quickly.
Sherin Mathews body was discovered in this way. GPS from the car, but I am assuming GPS from a phone can give you same info.

Google uses GPS and real time motion detection. It plots the phone's position on a map.

I'm wondering if Google could, if it wanted, find others who were driving through the same area. In one case near Sacramento, Google data was specific enough to show that the perp had stopped near a house, it showed what time he left, and what road he went up after that, where he stopped and for how long. That's where he put the body. It then showed his retreat (hundreds of miles) as he took the victim's belongings and tried to pawn them along the way.

Isn’t there snow forecasted for Monday?
Yes, some areas are expecting snow as early as later tonight. Since the search appears to be primarily focused in Douglas County. It looks like Dougco will start getting some light snow staring around 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. Temps in the 30's and 40's.

The Nicole Fierro photos from yesterday show the FBI evidence team at the Sierra Lane search area. MOO there are two team members in gray evidence collection suits. In one photo one of the suited up team members is shining a red orange spotlight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-212327~2.png
    Screenshot_20200215-212327~2.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 145
Isn’t there snow forecasted for Monday?

Yes, that's why it was so good that the weather cooperated for the investigation this weekend.

The weather is so critical for these searches as there could be a "whiteout" snowstorm to delay searching.

But, thankfully - snow not forecasted to begin until Monday at 7:00 p.m.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado-springs/80903/winter-weather-forecast/327351

The National Weather Service forecast:

Monday Night
Snow, mainly after 11pm.
Low around 20. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday
A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

National Weather Service

Last edited:

I think you may have misunderstood my point.

You missed the principle behind the paragraph that you cut off.

"A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department said investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton’s description of what the footage purportedly shows.

So Gannon returns home, isn’t captured leaving, and law enforcement initiated what is clearly a criminal investigation, for nothing?

They are also searching 40 miles away for no reason, sent CSI teams to the house for no reason, rattled the SM in an interrogation room for no reason, and she was uncooperative for no reason?

Her changing story means nothing (he ran away and now it’s a kidnapping), and her alibi building means nothing (cut in the garage, gate nonsense)?

Gannon never made it home, and law enforcement is searching an area about an hour away because SM was using that 4 hour time window to commit and conceal a murder.

Even if he’s not there, the actions of LE are telling. They don’t buy a damn thing this lady is selling.

I do not dispute what we see happening in this case, other than the hard-opinion that no one exited the red truck from the far side. I hold a different opinion, as based on my own experience. I can not ignore what is clearly shown (regarding particular shadows) in the video. The shadows (and timing of) are there. If someone says they aren't shown I would have to question either their display equipment or perhaps their reasoning.

The shadows are there. I choose to believe it was due to someone exiting the vehicle. Believing that does not preclude the possibility that GS may have ended up some 40-miles away. I might have to dispute that he was discarded 40 miles away during that particular 4-hour shopping trip. I am open to the possibility that something occurred after that 4-hour window (between the 10:15 am and 2:15 pm time frame) but I have doubt that it occurred during the 4-hour shopping trip because of the shadows... they cause me to have a reasonable doubt, which I can not fully ignore.

It does not look good for a particular individual, and I am fully on board with that opinion, but that does not mean I should ignore what my eyes see and how my applied logic makes a conclusion.

I need more evidence. A fair trial, after all.....

"Even if he’s not there, the actions of LE are telling. They don’t buy a damn thing this lady is selling."

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDs video does appear at first to show that Gannon did not get out of the truck. MOO it is not conclusive. However it is clear from the search area and the poloce effort that it is most likely the case.
MOO sadly though, on its own the RD video is MOO not enough for a no body case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa