Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stepped out on my deck and no visible activity from the command post area. There are a few vehicles, but certainly not on par with activity level during the search days. There could be activity in other locations, however. Weather is 16 degrees F, high of 22 degrees F expected, maybe snow, cloudy and certainly cold.

It feels like the 74th of a cold, miserable January. Let’s hope warmer weather comes soon...

I just can't make that leap MsBetsy. She could have been a cold stepmother who was ultimately glad when he disappeared. She could have been hurt and scared to have been essentially made a persona non grata at her own home, by her own husband, and having biomom move in when she may have had a colored past with biomom, and biomom with her. She could have beaten him up all the time, which I doubt because little sis would have told Dad. She could have turned into a complete monster over the weekend (insert things we can't mention here), and hit him, pushed him in the wrong way. Or not. I just think that something would have surfaced before 2 years if there was abuse in the home. So I can't make that leap from the apparent lack of concern she showed in the video for assuming she usually treated him badly.
Yes, I understand and just to clarify I wasn't even thinking about physical abuse. Mental abuse can be subtle and sometimes the parent does not even realize it's abusive. It's more common for people with narcissistic tendencies to belittle, blame, or criticize their kids. Jmo

If she was a cold stepmother who was glad that he was gone, then that makes me wonder even more how she treated him. Even if something escalated over the weekend and she lost control and hurt him, she must have had some kind of underlying resentment towards him. Or maybe she just has a tendency towards violence. Imo

Just stepped out on my deck and no visible activity from the command post area. There are a few vehicles, but certainly not on par with activity level during the search days. There could be activity in other locations, however. Weather is 16 degrees F, high of 22 degrees F expected, maybe snow, cloudy and certainly cold.
Thank you Mtnshelby for your updates on the activity and weather. They are helpful and are much appreciated :)

World's most unpopular opinion: I think it's possible TS's story is semi-true. The day could've gone pretty much as described, but with Gannon's "running away" being brought about by TS losing her temper with him after returning from their errands (or possibly as the result on an on-going conflict throughout the day/weekend). In anger, she tells him to leave or to run away or to get out of her sight until she's ready to see him again, and he obliges, with tragic consequences. MOO.

Then why do you think LE spent 6 days and countless person hours and dollars searching in very specific places north of Colorado Springs?

By now, LE has plenty of digital and possibly camera data of LS's whereabouts that day. They know Gannon got into the truck. What if the place where she told him to get lost was in the middle of a cold area far from home?

I find it plausible that she just ordered him out of the car. There's no evidence and no ongoing LE activity to indicate LE thinks Gannon is near their house. In fact, right about the time one would expect a cellular provider to give up their data to LE, the search shifted and narrowed in focus.

To places 30 minutes north of the Stauch home.

Many cases we have followed a lie detector test is simply a tool used by LE. It has many times led to a confession. I don't think it will happen in this case tho. IMO
Yes, like in the Watts case when detectives told CW that the 'good news' was that he was a terrible liar. It just wasn't good news to him. Jmo

Last edited:
Hi from the UK, first time posting here..... I've been following this from day one.... i can't get the poor boy out of my mind and find myself refreshing the page every hour at work to see if we have any updates. Fingers are always crossed for you little man.

Welcome to Websleuths, Gina!

Glad to have you joining our discussion!

I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed that this particular case seems to have drawn many, many, new posters...more than I can recall seeing on a single forum.

To me, it's a real testament to GS, seeing how many people have joined simply because of how much he has captured everyone's hearts.

Watching his gaming video and hearing his animated(!), boyish voice, one gets a sense of what a winsome, engaging, and likeable person he is...it's no wonder so many of us are drawn to his thread.

We're here for Gannon.

To the bitter end.

Let justice roll down like waters.

JMO.

Regarding the alleged handcuffing and whole gun drawn thing...in today's atmosphere where everything and anything is captured on cell phones. Just look at the recent airline video of the guy pushing the back of the ladies seat. If what she alleges is true there would surely and undoubtedly be video of it since it occurred during broad daylight at a public place.

It feels like the 74th of a cold, miserable January. Let’s hope warmer weather comes soon...
Yes, and I keep forgetting to post that we had a very, very dry January, so all the discussions about snowplowing, snow depth, etc. don't seem to follow until very recently (February). I don't have access to data on snow days in this area in January, but it is likely there was no significant snow--and from my memory there wasn't any--from the time Gannon disappeared until recently. That's why when locals like me talk about joggers, bikers, etc...those joggers, bikers, dog walkers were looking at the ground, not snow covered ground. That makes a big difference. It's really, really hard for me to believe , for example, that I jogged the S curve at least twice and yet I saw no human remains whatsoever--and no scavenger activity (lots of coyotes here, crows, ravens, various vermin, too) as I was observing all the types of trash on the ground. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to stabilize the discussion in on-site observation.

Last edited:
We never saw or heard his reaction, we don't know what he reacted to. If he did react, he may have just reacted to RD's casually pointing out that Gannon did not get out the same side of the car. He may have reacted, if he did, to learning that she even left at all that day. We don't even know if that part was known, ie if she had previously said she was in the house all day.

AS reacted strongly and according to LS, immediately asked to her to leave the house, without giving her a chance even to back underwear. That's why she and her daughter were at Marshall's.

He reacted to the fact that she left that day, and that she took Gannon out of the house when sick. I have a strong feeling AS has other things to support his current view of his wife.

See, I think that, as well.

But with the shoe on the other foot, they spend a long amount of time at the house, as well.

That's standard and of course they did. Then they spent six days with 100 searchers 30 miles or so away....The house is not a random spot, it's an expected spot.

Something led LE (including FBI) to that area north of Colorado Springs. It's pretty easy to think about the 4-5 ways that could have happened

DBM

That's standard and of course they did. Then they spent six days with 100 searchers 30 miles or so away....The house is not a random spot, it's an expected spot.

Something led LE (including FBI) to that area north of Colorado Springs. It's pretty easy to think about the 4-5 ways that could have happened

Valid.

Sadly, I think the father had other ways of figuring out whether Gannon came home that day, some of them involving surveillance video.
If we could just know what little Sis said about his being or not being home Monday afternoon when she got there. Hard to think they didn't ask her that.

Just think, what it if was "not disputed" by LE that Gannon was not there when she got home from school. That would completely support the case that stepmom did something with him on the shopping trip, and that the shadow was not him. Assuming that Sis got home before 3:15.

Could she have returned home and not peeked into Gannon's room to say hi? Or not have seen him in the kitchen eating cookies or playing in the back yard with new purchases? Maybe, but kids are always checking up on each other.

To me it's very telling that this specific bit of information has not been leaked, as it would be, IMO, 99% proof that StepM left him somewhere. Or that he had run away in that brief time period between when they returned from shopping and when sis got home, which was not in the reported timeline of 3:15 to 4 pm IIRC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member