GUILTY OK - Holly Cantrell, 40, pregnant, McAlester, 20 Jan 2017 *arrest in 2022*

https://www.newson6.com/story/41718332/pittsburg-county-remains-found-in-2018-identified-as-girl-missing-since-2017

"Cantrell was reported missing in January of 2017 after she left her hospital job for her lunch break. Video showed her getting into a green truck and she was later seen at Braums but was never seen again after that."

https://www.mcalesternews.com/news/skeletal-remains-identified-as-holly-cantrell/article_761ff0c0-52b6-11ea-8c7d-b39df0871a08.html

“At this point we don’t have a lot of leads," Morris said. "We’re going to brief detectives tomorrow and work toward making an arrest to bring justice for the family."

"Cantrell was 40 when she was reported missing Jan. 20, 2017. She is known to have left her job at McAlester Regional Health Center at 11:56 a.m. that day during her lunch break. Security video from the hospital showed Cantrell getting into a green, short wheelbase truck, police said. She wore green nursing scrubs when she left work, according to police."

"Police also said Cantrell was seen at 12:20 p.m. later that day at the Braum's Restaurant at 625 S. George Nigh Expressway, along U.S. Highway 69 in McAlester. As far as police know, that's the last reported sighting of Cantrell."

All SBM....I'm just shocked they say they don't have a lot of leads. WHO did the green truck belong to? WHO was she with at Braum's? WHERE did her cell phone data lead after Braum's?

I know there have been a lot of "rumors" and it's easy to put two and two together. But for them to say they don't have a lot of leads???? I find that crazy!

The recreation area where she was found is only 15 min from Braum’s .
Cody or whomever could easily resume “ normal activities “ in a short period of time .
He drives right past that location regularly. It would be the fastest route from McAlester to Indianola and vice-versa. He received a moving violation this past July right where you get off that highway to go to Cardinal Point (a tailgating violation).

Unbelievable they haven been able to make an arrest on this.

Just goes to show ya, LE and everyone else can know in their hearts based on circumstances who did this, but until they have some kind of proof, forensics, eye witnesses, CCTV, something to prove he was there, he did it and he dumped her, he’s free to walk wherever he wants. JMO

Hi everyone, hello from England . I'm new to this site , and new to this case , as I have just seen the episode of Disappeared about Holly Cantrell . From reading through loads of the posts about what's known about the evidence surrounding her disappearance , It seems that just about everyone is of the same opinion , that her boyfriend Cody is responsible . I agree , but I'd just like 'add weight' to that belief , by raising the point that during the programme , the police said that the story Cody had told , relating to the messages sent from his phone to Hollys' phone , and the area's of the towers which thes phones pinged off , meant that they believed he was telling the truth . My first thought was , 'but what if she was already dead , and he had driven to the area of the tower which Hollys' phone pinged off , and discarded of it where it wouldn't be found , but would still pick up a signal . also , with everyone trying to contact her , it wasn't long before the battery lost power , and all her family and friends calls began to go straight to answer service . Condolences to all of Hollys' family and friends and RIP Holly

Unbelievable they haven been able to make an arrest on this.

Just goes to show ya, LE and everyone else can know in their hearts based on circumstances who did this, but until they have some kind of proof, forensics, eye witnesses, CCTV, something to prove he was there, he did it and he dumped her, he’s free to walk wherever he wants. JMO

This is where a good interrogation is needed. Someone to drill down on him. Sounds like they just took him at his word and sent him on his way.

Having said that, why aren’t people interrogated more ferociously sometimes?

Is this just a case of bad police work? Apathy? There have been MANY cases here that had “no evidence”, yet a great detective breaks the case after a thorough and fierce interrogation. It boggles my mind that some PDs just throw their hands up and don’t bother drilling down on suspects and POI’s

Lori Fullbright / News On 6
40m ·
The Pittsburg County Sheriff's office has made an arrest in a homicide case of Holly Cantrell.
-They arrested 36-year-old Cody Ketchum today and booked him into jail on a million dollar bond.
-Investigators took the case before the state's multi-county grand jury who issued the indictment and arrest warrant.
-Cantrell was 40 when she went missing in January of 2017, after she left the McAlester hospital on her lunch break.
-A month later, her purse was found in a field and a year after that, remains were found a couple of miles from her purse, near the Cardinal Point Recreational Area.
-It took two years for the D-N-A to come back and confirm the remains were Holly.
-Sheriff Chris Morris says they got evidence from Ketchum's phone that led to the indictment.

-This is an arrest, not a conviction.
-We'll have much more on this story tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back