Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible he had lost quite a lot of blood before the last 'staggering walk' that was seen on CCTV.
That would cause generalized weakness..
I was unable to identify his gait as staggering because of the poor quality of the cctv footage.
RD had much better quality.
Here's a link on gait disorders.
It is possible a medic would be able to ascertain possible or likely reasons for the way he walked that morning on a clear piece of film. JMO
Gait Abnormalities

My first time posting and not 100% sure of the rules. I know you tube isn’t allowed to be discussed, but can I let you know of a certain interview to see for yourselves (tell the name of video for those who want to search on their own)? I know we can’t discuss what it states here, but I learned so much from it concerning this case. We truly don’t really know much at all for a fact right now, and after hearing it I feel like I know much more.
Like all of you I’m heartbroken for Gannon, his parents and siblings. <modsnip: that video is off limits here at this time> I cannot remotely fathom their pain. Heart wrenching in the true definition of the word. So glad to have found this space. I love how it’s 99.9% respectable conversations. You’re good people!

I have seen this as well. I won't talk about it here.

However, it doesn't change my mind that LS is the main player in Gannon's disappearance, for what it's worth!

I just noticed that the fence adjacent to the garage has two gates. Strange configuration, imo.

Pretty sure it's a shared fence. See the slight color change in the stain? Where it changes color & the other gate belong to their neighbor. You can't see it in this pic, but there would be a dividing (but shared) fence running vertically between their houses. It's common in many newer neighborhoods in CO.

Last edited:
Stepmom brought it up in her latest statement. It’s completely bizarre, and just has to be an effort to explain away blood evidence found by CSI personnel.

This is what she said:

I feel the need to fill in some gaps. Now let me stress this, POLICE have known this since the first interview.

Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of
He’s not married to LH, and his loyalty should be to his current wife.

That is, if he truly doesn’t suspect her. He apparently does though, as SM implied in her interview that she had been kicked out on her *advertiser censored*.

LH moved in, and SM was relegated to holing up in a hotel.

Besides that, all it would take is a statement, phone call, or social media post. If you believe your wife, you defend her.

It is pretty easy to determine AS's position--he is NOT in denial like so many other parents or significant others have been when their mate becomes a suspect in their child's disappearance. The usual statement of support is along the lines that they don't believe that their mate would harm their child. In most cases, imo, the denial is guilt in knowing abuse was going on, and they ignored it. In most cases their mate is actually guilty.

AS has a reason(s) for apparently rejecting TS. It might be the surveillance video, or that, plus prior red flags. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be put in his position. His actions speak louder than words.

I just can’t get over how weird this case is.

Parents and stepparents kill their kids, that happens. Typically though, it’s during an act of abuse.

Say she did kill Gannon to cover up an act of abuse (which I believe), it’s still a very strange way to go about doing that.

You’d expect her to do that in her home, and then transport and dump his body (perhaps under the cover of darkness). That’s not what happened though, as he left that home alive.

So in broad daylight she takes Gannon somewhere, and then likely does something that leads to his death.

I’ve seen people stage an accident, like a guy who threw his wife and son of a cliff. But I’ve never heard of anything like this.

It’s as idiotic as it is cruel. I just don’t know what to make of it.

I have pondered this a lot for all the reasons you mentioned. I believe there are two main reasons Gannon was still alive the next morning, and that’s the other children in the home.

In my theory, the reason Gannon left that home alive is because there were two other children there who stood in the way of any actions being taken that night to end his life and dispose of him and any evidence.

Those children needed to see Gannon alive and ‘well’ that night after the incident, and possibly in the morning before school. Two children in the home old enough to know what was happening might not lend itself to a cover of darkness disposal.

I don’t believe this person expected that driveway to be caught on camera, showing that Gannon left home and never returned.

Perhaps that person also followed enough recent media or watched enough crime shows, and didn't want cadaver dogs to hit in or around their home. That wouldn’t fit well with their runaway story.

ALL my own opinion/theory/speculation MOO

I'm a bit confused by the whole 'cut foot' thing. Can somebody explain what the situation with that is?

TS mentioned it in the written statement she released. If you look at the media timeline at the beginning of this forum you should be able to read the actual statement.

First they basically fanned out from Lorson Ranch. Marksheffel up to Bradley, we live north of Bradley at Drennan and we personally searched our 19 acres on that sunny Sunday when he’d been gone almost a week. They went south to Fountain, all those areas adjacent to his neighborhood, mostly within a two mile radius of the home. Then they inexplicably moved to a small area of E Las Vegas St near the jail/Fountain Creek. They later returned out east here w the submersible equipment to Big Johnson Res, which is that treeless expanse of water off of S Powers just N of Fontaine Blvd. (The one that was recently drained.) They also hit a few other water holes around Mesa Ridge. That was all in the first 2 weeks. It was the third week that saw the focus suddenly shifted to Douglas County.
-A Local, ColoFarmer

Does anyone remember where the first searches were? I slightly remember Marksheffel road and maybe Vegas?? I remember LE using that yellow submersible device to search the water. How close was that to the home? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I get sucked in on a lot of them but this is worse than bad. Lol

Here's where I get way down the rabbit hole. I swear he had a backpack when they left. What did she tell him to pack?
Where did he think he was going? Ugh. Makes me sick.

Now @RMT953, you are not alone down that rabbit hole as I am there with you. It's the nature of kid cases. You start out feeling one way, then it gets a little worse and finally you start thinking of the child and how he/she felt...what he/she was thinking and you get scared for them.

MOO,MOO

IMO I am just randomly start to think about what kind of lock would be on a backyard gate that would require a key. I honestly have never heard of such a thing nor I have a seen one on any home I have visited. The only thing close I can come up with is safety locks for a gate leading to a fenced in pool. Anyway, here are some examples online that I have found. Anyone that lives in the CO Springs area know if this is a regional thing & if so, what do yours look like? Edited as I forgot to attach pics!

I am not in Colorado but we have always had a lock on our gates. Mostly so our electric, gas and cable guys don’t let our dogs out. They get in a hurry and don’t always latch the gate all the way. We have had a sliding latch and slide a padlock through it on our wood fences like pictured. We live in a gated community now that requires iron fences but we still have a lock for the same reason. Our dogs are indoor dogs but are outside too to play and potty.

I have pondered this a lot for all the reasons you mentioned. I believe there are two main reasons Gannon was still alive the next morning, and that’s the other children in the home.

In my theory, the reason Gannon left that home alive is because there were two other children there who stood in the way of any actions being taken that night to end his life and dispose of him and any evidence.

Those children needed to see Gannon alive and ‘well’ that night after the incident, and possibly in the morning before school. Two children in the home old enough to know what was happening might not lend itself to a cover of darkness disposal.

I don’t believe this person expected that driveway to be caught on camera, showing that Gannon left home and never returned.

Perhaps that person also followed enough recent media or watched enough crime shows, and didn't want cadaver dogs to hit in or around their home. That wouldn’t fit well with their runaway story.

Agree with other children in home would influenced actions, great point.

Now @RMT953, you are not alone down that rabbit hole as I am there with you. It's the nature of kid cases. You start out feeling one way, then it gets a little worse and finally you start thinking of the child and how he/she felt...what he/she was thinking and you get scared for them.

MOO,MOO

Its precisely why I don't dig into the kiddos. They break my heart into a million pieces. All missing people do though. So sad.

This makes a hell of a lot of sense. I buy all of it.

Well, that's a sad but interesting thought. Since blood is now in the story, thanks to LS, we can ponder it. Yep, very easy to tell vomit blood from vein or arterial blood.

They're there. They just aren't here. Almost everyone in this story (not AS) has a SM presence with many updates and posts about where they are. LS has a mom who is very supportive to her and a support group on FB with over 160 people in it. They are anything but silent.
I have to apologize, my comment wasn't posted on the comment I thought it was. It looks rather rude and heartless where I accidentally posted it. Not my intention whatsoever.

Last edited:
Excuse me, sorry, I must have missed something. When was it reported that the neighbor with the security camera supposedly lied about saying that AS said when viewing the security footage: She lied about the time. He didn't go to a friend's house. I've seen this commented on a few times. Did he retract this statement and is now saying that AS did NOT say this? Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
restfulmedsuk