Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I've missed something but how could she abuse him that badly for that long with 2 other kids in the house without one of them making a fuss?
IMO IF the other kids saw Gannon being hurt, they could have interpreted it as discipline, or perhaps they were afraid and intimidated as well. They could have bought an explanation, that he was ill afterwards. If so, hopefully when they feel safe, they will open up about what the saw.

Since you can't go shopping without being observed by cameras most of the time I'm doubting my own thoughts on what could have happened during LS and Gannon's shopping on Monday. Could the truck have been captured by an outdoor security camera? I would imagine LE has thought of that and checked it out. Be nice if we knew. Now I don't know what to think,.
I'm local and have been driving around town looking. Yes, there are outdoor cameras in parking lots. They are mostly on the store buildings, or group of stores. There are also a variety of types of cameras. I can't say they are on EVERY store, but I find myself checking every time I'm out now actually. For instance, today I was surprised to see that one hotel didn't have a camera, but all of the buildings around it did, and several were pointed at the hotel/parking lot.

Maybe "someone" did some research, like maybe signed onto a website like this one, say maybe a week or maybe ten days before he went missing... took notes and then attempted to replicate what was seen as a "success".... JMO...
She may have done that, or she could have followed the last two major Colorado cases (Watts and Frazee).

In Watts, she may have learned not to conduct a normal on camera interview (facing the camera).

With Frazee, she may have learned that cell phone location data can bury you.

Unfortunately for her, lies are lies, and cameras still record.

I’m sure she made many more mistakes than that though.

Edited: Used the phrase “may of” instead of “may have.” I think TS has infected me.

Last edited:
Is it possible/probable that she...
Abused him so profoundly that at some point during her "shopping" that morning he passed, in the truck, and she panicked and found a remote place to leave him?
Maybe she drove to more than a few places looking for the right place, before she left him?
Maybe she left evidence in different places in an effort to complicate the investigation?

Just speculating on the idea that it was an accident and not pre-planned at all.

It's not an accident if you injure a child and then let them die in your car. The person can think of it that way, but it's not - neither in my mind, nor in the eyes of the law.

A person needs to have a screw loose, in my view, to severely injure a child in the first place and then not take them to a hospital.

Children do not die of non-severe injuries. Of course, if that's what she was thinking (in denial) and he died, then yes, she staged a cover-up. So from the moment she attacked him to this moment, right now, she is not engaged in an accident.

Abusers do not "accidentally" give someone a black eye or a broken rib or a punch to the gut.

I've seen a lot of people say that Gannon doesn't look well when getting into the truck. I've watched the surveillance over and over and I'm just not seeing it. Can you please tell me what you're seeing that make you think he wasn't well. The video is blurry and he's walking - what am I missing?

bbm

I have to respectfully disagree with that assessment. I have the video in front of me, gamma/brightness/contrast-adjusted for maximum clarity (as is possible with the crappy file to which we have access). I'm watching the video: I see GS walk relatively swiftly to the driver's side rear door, no slouching, head and shoulders in normal position. He enters the truck under his own power, no assistance seemingly required from SM.

GS appears in frame and walks briskly to the driver's side rear door and opens it. An item falls out that door way and on to the ground behind GS. SM approaches from the house and picks up the item and tosses it in to the truck. SM proceeds to enter the driver's side door and GS steps up on to the rocker panel and climbs on to the seat, the bottoms of his shoes visible as he crawls on to the seat, sits and closes the door. SM then exits the vehicle and returns to the house, then returns and enters the vehicle once again.

I saw GS exhibit no exaggerated limp, no swagger, no slouch and no struggle while he entered on and into the vehicle.
With respect, all you have is a very poor 3rd hand copy.
RD has the original and that is what he was discussing.
He also knew young Gannon and was familiar with his normal gait. We are not.

I just can’t get over how weird this case is.

Parents and stepparents kill their kids, that happens. Typically though, it’s during an act of abuse.

Say she did kill Gannon to cover up an act of abuse (which I believe), it’s still a very strange way to go about doing that.

You’d expect her to do that in her home, and then transport and dump his body (perhaps under the cover of darkness). That’s not what happened though, as he left that home alive.

So in broad daylight she takes Gannon somewhere, and then likely does something that leads to his death.

I’ve seen people stage an accident, like a guy who threw his wife and son of a cliff. But I’ve never heard of anything like this.

It’s as idiotic as it is cruel. I just don’t know what to make of it.
Mass, could it be as simple as the run away" story" from the beginning?

Did she back that truck up so far to avoid her own video cam? Not realizing other cams could see her?

Was her plan all along a run away theory??
Cruel...

You can pretty well guess the 17 yr old has been carefully coached, as was already obvious in the KKTV interview. She is TS’s bio daughter. Maybe she’ll crack though. The younger one is bio sis to GS.

I also suspect she may have been coached but LE have well-trained professionals that know how to interact with kids, and get what they need from them.
I don't know any details about how the younger sister & older step-sister were interviewed, I'm just making a general comment about investigations and how kids are usually handled.

I’m sure she made many more mistakes than that though.
I quite agree! For example, let's say "someone" did come onto Websleuths 10 days before Gannon disappeared and did some very targeted searches, I would think there would be a digital record of that? If nothing else, it would indicate a level and degree of premeditation that goes beyond simply trying to cover up an abuse that got out of hand...

I've seen a lot of people say that Gannon doesn't look well when getting into the truck. I've watched the surveillance over and over and I'm just not seeing it. Can you please tell me what you're seeing that make you think he wasn't well. The video is blurry and he's walking - what am I missing?
I believe the reference originated as GS seemed to be slow walking to the truck. I don't think there's any evidence that he was unwell (except for sm allegation and GS not going to school Monday). MOO

The backpack and the gate have bugged me all day. Zero productivity today. ‍♀️

I decide to take a breather and read a different article. Open this one and guess what I see at the end - a backpack. Multiple scenarios here but I still think the odds favor in one direction. Time will tell.

In her interview she talks about apologies and makes it a point to say her husband will need to tell her sorry. Sorry for what? Is she punishing him or does he know details that could be lies. Not sure.

Trucker Offers Reward in Desperate Search to Find Daughter Last Seen at Flying J
Yes this!!!

"In her interview she talks about apologies and makes it a point to say her husband will need to tell her sorry. Sorry for what? Is she punishing him or does he know details that could be lies. Not sure."

Since I watched it the first time.

° apologies for her
° husband will need to tell her sorry
° she punishing him

She was dominant in that interview.

This begs the question What happened with LS before her husband flew out???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX