Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except you already have judged many many people, without all the info...like all of us have. You’re just choosing not to judge this one. Which is totally ok too. I just think saying we shouldn’t judge is a bit unfair when all of us are pretty much judging everyone.

Where did I tell anyone on here not to judge ? I simply said that I didn't know what type of support system this young man has in terms of gaining custody, so I choose not to make a judgement on the matter.

dumb question - is the reward money ALWAYS this high in these types of cases?

ETA: if not, what's making this situation different than others?
I think several donors have offered up that money. I’m sure it’s too entice people to cough up Evelyn. I wonder how often reward money is collected on in missing cases though. Unfortunately I think most missing people aren’t recovered.

Where did I tell anyone on here not to judge ? I simply said that I didn't know what type of support system this young man has in terms of gaining custody, so I choose not to make a judgement on the matter.
You didn’t and I had edited my reply before you had responded :) Sorry for the confusion. I better explained that I too was just sharing my opinion on why some of us were choosing to judge just like you were explaining your reasons why you weren’t judging this particular person.

If MB was in court about Evelyn - she would not be appearing in juvenile court but would be in family court.

How old is MB? She may be appearing in court for prior act before she was 18. Unlike family court, juvenile court deals primarily with minors who have been accused of engaging in criminal behavior but this court only utilizes civil proceedings which means that instead of an actual crime, juveniles can only be charged with delinquent acts.

In general, any individual under the age of 18 may be tried in juvenile court. Periodically, juveniles accused of serious crimes may be tried in adult courts. However, the vast majority of juvenile cases involve petty crimes such as theft, disorderly conduct, drug abuse, and simple assault. Juvenile court is usually less formal than adult criminal court.

Juvenile Court vs. Family Court - What's the Difference? | Law Blog

ETA: Adding TN link for clarification to post above.
Rule 101: Title of Rules —Scope —Purpose and Construction. | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts

Take not rules of juvenile court procedure are typically the same across the states including TN and CA (as linked in my initial post above).

Juvenile & Family Courts, TN designate juvenile court as "Private Act" juvenile court and family court as "General Sessions" court.

Last edited:
425 tips, none have produced anything :(

No searches planned, due to no information on where to search. :(

When you have a situation like this, with a 15 month old, out there, who could be anywhere, the quality of information you are getting in conversations with people connected to that child, is of utmost importance. And so, obviously, it's troubling if there's inconsistencies in the story. At the end of the day, we just want this girl home. And we need. The truth. To do that.

MB has sole legal custody of this child. IF she wanted to withhold Evelyn from Ethan entirely, that would be perfectly legal. And neither you, nor I, nor anyone else on this forum has the first idea what the situation is regarding her father.

Judge away if you want...I simply said that I choose NOT to.

BBM. Not quite true because we don't know if EP has established paternity. If he hasn't, it's not that difficult to do so.

In Tennessee, an unmarried mother automatically has both physical and legal custody of the child until the father establishes paternity. However, once paternity is established, you have the same rights as any father does, under the law.

Once you have established paternity, and a judge has issued a court order to that effect, you can petition the court for a custody hearing which will decide a parenting time arrangement and which parent will be the primary residential parent of the child. Depending on your circumstances, you will be requesting either physical custody where the child will live with you in your home and visit the mother, or you will be requesting parenting time on a consistent schedule.

Unmarried Fathers’ Rights in Tennessee

Natalie Neysa Alund on Twitter
#Update re: @AMBERAlert for missing 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell from @TBInvestigation spokesman Josh DeVine: She remains missing as of today. “We are working on the assumption she is (still alive).”
ERkQYwDXsAcb7P3.jpg

3:06 PM - 24 Feb 2020

WTVC NewsChannel 9 on Twitter
LIVE AMBER ALERT UPDATE: @TBInvestigation provides update on the #AMBERAlert search for missing 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell out of Sullivan County. "We're banking on someone seeing this girl."
ERkQ5ZjW4AA-TYW.jpg

3:09 PM - 24 Feb 2020

#AMBERALERT - MORE INFO: @TBIJoshDeVine says while agents & detectives are following leads on Evelyn Boswell's disappearance, "there are no active searches, as we do not have definitive information regarding Evelyn's wherabouts."
3:24 PM - 24 Feb 2020

#AMBERALERT - HOW TO HELP: The @TBInvestigation asks that you continue to share pictures, video, and info from official sources, as they are hoping someone will see Evelyn. IF YOU SEE HER, call 1-800-TBI-FIND!
3:26 PM - 24 Feb 2020

Josh DeVine on Twitter
We're aware of plenty of rumors circulating about our current #TNAMBERAlert.
We're committed to sharing accurate updates in this case as we can. Thanks for joining us in continuing to share #EvelynBoswell's picture!
3:27 PM - 24 Feb 2020

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter (Video)
WATCH: We're continuing to do everything we can to find Evelyn Boswell.
Here's an update in that effort, along with answers to a few frequently asked questions we've seen on social media.Thank you for helping us to spread the word about this #TNAMBERAlert!
3:24 PM - 24 Feb 2020

Attachments

• USTN_BOSWELL_SullivanCSOAMBER.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
MB has sole legal custody of this child. IF she wanted to withhold Evelyn from Ethan entirely, that would be perfectly legal. And neither you, nor I, nor anyone else on this forum has the first idea what the situation is regarding her father.

Judge away if you want...I simply said that I choose NOT to.
Grandpa has no legal right to Evelyn either, but he filed a report, LE followed up and determined Evelyn is in fact missing.

If MB had been able to show them Evelyn is alive and well and she was simply witholding Evelyn from everyone, then the investigation would have ended right then and there.

Don't bite my head off, but this is one of the few cases I don't feel bad passing judgement.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member