Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! Painful, I agree. I couldn’t get through it.
Are we talking about Greg? I don't think he is bad all, all podcasters have their twitches. What I really like about him, is that he could get more out of Nate, but stating that "nate can't say this, but I can".... that really does provide us more information...

I am wondering if Chad is trying to distance himself from this now he is back in Rexburg. Is he going to continue to publically support Lori or leave her to fight the charges on her own? Anyone got any idea how this is going to proceed now?

Awesome analysis, as usual, Tortoise. ITA Chad likely wrote that letter and told Lori to send it to him through Charles' email or a fake email in Charles' name. Last night I ran the emails through this writing analysis tool: Analyze My Writing

See previous posts here:
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #23
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #23

The biggest clue for me that Lori didn't write that fake letter is the grade level, but word choice and sentence length/sentence structure is very interesting as well:

Lori's LIFE school email:
Most common word is "to" (Used 11 times)
Most common 3 word phrase "have had to" (2 times)
Median Sentence length: 12.5
Median word length: 4
Avg Grade level: 6.15

Fake Charles Letter:
Most common word is "I" (Used 18 times)
Most common 2 word phrase is "but I" (Used 4 times)
Median Sentence length: 20
Median word length: 4
Avg Grade level: 9.56

Real Charles Email:
Most common word is "her" (Used 11 times)
Most common 2 word phrase "and I" (Used 3 times)
Median Sentence length: 9
Median Word length: 3
Avg Grade level: 5.47

----

Lori only graduated from High School, she didn't go to college and none of her known jobs have required her to have advanced English skills. Chad is college educated and a professional writer. Unfortunately it may be difficult to prove who wrote that letter (unless police have a 1st draft saved on Chad's home computers/devices before it was sent from the fake email).

I wonder if Chad has done this type of thing before Lori, so that he could travel without Tammy being suspicious. Only Lori screwed it up, because she didn't realize (or forgot) that her email would show up on Charles' home computer. If she had used a burner phone to create the fake email account and sent the letter through the burner phone then Charles might never have discovered it... I've said it before and I'll say it again: the devices for this case must have a treasure trove of incriminating data on them. There's no way Lori is smart enough to have covered her tracks. Chad seems more tech savvy, but still not smart enough to advise Lori on how to use a burner phone so her email wouldn't show up on Charles' computer.

MOO.

Lets say everyone who suggests that CD wrote the fake email is correct.

CV thought it was lori because she had access to his computers where he found this email.
Does that mean CD was in CV home while he was out of town?
Or chad had access to his account?

Techie people can you help?

Moo

The character of Chad’s child is not adequately represented by that media video.
I’m not defending her actions there but I know her. She is a very good person. There’s no chance she felt at that moment her father was guilty of her mother’s murder or of harming children or conspiring in CVs murder or anything else that seems so likely to so many at this point. She is a victim in all of this as are all of his children and I cannot comprehend being in their shoes and what kind of bad decisions I might make if my kind, patient, beloved and now only living parent were being accused of heinous criminal activity that I felt certain he was innocent of. If Chad is indeed guilty, his poor kids are going to have their world upended for a fourth time. First when their mother suddenly and unexpectedly died. Second when their father immediately remarried. Third when their mother’s body was exhumed and the whole ensuing saga we have all been following. How can they not hold onto the belief their father is innocent? As time goes by that may change and if so, it only means more pain for them. If anyone deserves mercy and compassion and infinite second chances, it’s these kids. Adults though they may be, this is their dad and it’s all come out of left field for them. They don’t even have a chance to grieve. MOO
I second this, I can't say it better. That display of her's was in a stressful moment and has been picked apart by everyone.

Also. As I was the one to make the statement of the city sign featuring "Welcome to Rexburg, America's Family Community". I called for people to post a banner. I want to retract that idea wholeheartedly. That would be vandalism. Let's not regress to lawless behavior in an attempt to point out the perceived-but-unproven illegal activity of others.

I'm sure some have seen the sign posted in the yard telling Chad to "man up". This is wrong, illegal, and hurtful. This is trespassing and defacing private property (as the sign that was defaced was posted by the tenant of the home). I was glad to see it was removed. I'm pretty sure we still live in country bounded by the rule of law where all are presumed innocent until proven guilty. If you have connections to other social media, please share the need to honor the laws.

Lest you might think I'm apologizing for Chad, I'm not apologizing for anything done by anyone else, just me. I know what I know. I know what I've done. I know what I've said. I'm sorry for things that should not have been said. I will do better to protect innocence and seek information where I can.

I'm sorry for the things I've done and said here to drive the conversation to wrong actions and words. We need to remain civil and just. Let's sleuth the sleuthable and protect the innocent.

Lets say everyone who suggests that CD wrote the fake email is correct.

CV thought it was lori because she had access to his computers where he found this email.
Does that mean CD was in CV home while he was out of town?
Or chad had access to his account?

Techie people can you help?

Moo

The only way CD writing the email makes sense would be "Lori, send me an email that says <insert a bunch of BS> and I'll show it to Tammy to help justify my trip to AZ" or even Lori saying, "what could I say in an email that Tammy wouldn't think was strange and would help you convince her that you needed to come to AZ."

MOO

But it has a request for becoming part of the group. I clicked, so will see what happens. I did this with another Facebook group that has a lot of psychics on it...and was permitted access within a day or so. So far, The posters and posts are more like ours on Websleuth than normal facebook pages. People really have valid thoughts and ideas. I think Justin's is just an effort to partially screen for "way out folks"...

The thing is, and the reason I deleted my link, is you can only see it if you have an account. Jmo.

I'm glad you're confident he wouldn't be disingenuous. (said with tongue in cheek)
Oh no I am not confident of that at all. I believe he is manipulative in the extreme but he is keeping up a facade of respectability. Having been caught lying now several times, he is treading a fine line and will be lucky if he is not arrested shortly IMO.

It might be interesting to see how possible communication between Tammy and Charles might overlap with the paintball experience happened. I could easily see Chad and Lori trying to throw some "fear" into the scenario.

Yeah, IIRC it was only 10 or so days before she died? The comment Lori made about the "Angels disposing of the remains" is also very suspect, IMO. Could her Angel be the paintball shooter? and the crime made to look random or accidental when police arrived. I feel like they didn't have any idea of just how much police from different States/ jurisdictions would share info. and cooperate in each others investigations.

The only way CD writing the email makes sense would be "Lori, send me an email that says <insert a bunch of BS> and I'll show it to Tammy to help justify my trip to AZ" or even Lori saying, "what could I say in an email that Tammy wouldn't think was strange and would help you convince her that you needed to come to AZ."

MOO

You gave me an idea. It could be a copy and paste job. Or cd dictated it to Lori.
I think I'm going to have to do a timeline check. Where was CD. Is this even possible for him to have been in the house...

If he is found guilty, and they do have to back off from what they have been believing, they will experience the greatest loss of all, when they realize how much their mother was violated in all of this. I hope their support, church and beliefs can reconnect them to poor poor Tammy. Tammy needs them. They need Tammy. IMO
I agree with you 100%. Even if he is not found guilty, I wish they would reconnect with Tammy's family. The Douglas's love all of them so much. I cannot understand why they disconnected from their Mother's family immediately after the funeral. If their Father instigated that, it is nothing but pure evil intentions on Chad's part. MOO

I am wondering if Chad is trying to distance himself from this now he is back in Rexburg. Is he going to continue to publically support Lori or leave her to fight the charges on her own? Anyone got any idea how this is going to proceed now?
I think we are seeing the calm before the storm. As soon as she makes her grand entrance back to Rexburg the fireworks will begin. MOO

You gave me an idea. It could be a copy and paste job. Or cd dictated it to Lori.
I think I'm going to have to do a timeline check. Where was CD. Is this even possible for him to have been in the house...

No need to be in the house. Could be phone or texting or facebook messaging or even sending an email to her (that she deleted) or whatever. Presumably not somewhere that CV tracked down or somewhere where any tracks that were left, she was able to destroy though. :)

MOO

Personally, they both know too much. I think he must stand behind her.... until /unless more bombshells change my mind.

thank goodness for the speed control on youtube....i blast through all those insufferable videographers (but whose stuff I want to watch or learn from) who talk too slowly or too much!
I cheat by reading the comments first and often don't watch the you tube. I don't have 3 hours to waste every night. I am grateful for the recaps WS'ers give us.

No, Chad would not have to physically be in the house to send that email. Nearly all email is web-based and he could easily access the made up account from his own home. Of course, that leaves a data trail, but they didn't seem to be concerned about that, considering they've done it everywhere they went.

Remember, the PD is playing pretty dumb with this, IMO. In any email sent, there's something called headers, which give you a trove of information about its origin. If you're very savvy, you can spoof those headers and make it appear as something it isn't, but, sophisticated forensic software can easily detect those, as well as even gmail's filters. Included in headers would be an IP address, the browser type/email program used to send the message, timestamps and information about how the message was routed. This is all to say that it isn't too tough to eliminate potential senders of the message, given they can, and probably have, requested internet and phone information via warrant for Chad, Lori and Charles. In cases like this, it is more eliminating who it was NOT to get to who it actually was.

But also, the PD isn't going to come out and say "we know because of XYZ" - this is an ongoing investigation, afterall.

IMO, the email was probably written by Chad, just at a glance, because of the way it flows. He's a writer and that is what he does. Charles' email to Adam was very choppy to me, and didn't read at all like the email to Chad.

Might be related:
Roads in Yellowstone National Park closing for spring plowing | East Idaho News

Thank you for saying this @ThinkoutLoud. Your sentiments reflect my experience with Tammy and many if not most LDS women I know. It's very easy to pass meekness as cowardice, but it often takes more courage and strength to be meek.

It seems to me that we (in thread 23, those on WS here) are trying to ascertain the thoughts and possible motive for something that appears to have happened. Namely:

If Chad killed Tammy, was the knowledge of the email from Charles to Tammy part of Chad's motivation to kill her?

We're really reaching into speculation for that. Here's the line of questions I anticipate happening on Tammy's end with regard to the email:
Did Charles actually send to Tammy?
If so, what did he say?
Did Tammy get the email? As it was from an unknown sender with a forwarded message, did it get to her Inbox or was it in the Junk or Spam folders?
If yes, did she read it?
If yes, did she accept the validity of the email?
If yes, did she talk to Chad about it?

If I know anything about Tammy and she got to that last question, then the answer is yes, she would have talked to Chad about it. They had a very strong relationship. They were united in everything. This is why it's so strange to me when everyone talks about how he could have kept an affair from her. I just don't see it and haven't seen it. Chad wasn't one to hide. He wasn't a very good liar. One of the traits he has that is actually to his fault in this case is the fact that he shared such intimate details about his near death experiences, his visions about his family members, his feelings and impressions about places and people around him. He shared things that maybe shouldn't have been shared. He didn't keep secrets very well. I don't see any merit on his side to the idea of him having an affair with Lori before Tammy's death.
That's why it's so weird to see him hurrying and keeping secrets after Tammy's death.
What secrets was he keeping? We don't know. Could it have been the murder of his "one and only"? Yes, but also it could have been the overwhelming nature of threats he and his children were actually receiving tied up with the grief he felt for her loss.

The only things he has shared: "no comment", we're waiting for the legal process, and "the kids are safe". Is the same thing I've heard since December.
If there's truth to the letter CV found and forwarded to Adam, specifically: Chad stayed with LV and CV in November 2018. He had to have known Lori in November. I've already discussed the possibility of their meeting earlier, but I don't know when. He had to have known Lori had minor children in November. Lori to Charles was married in November.
, it is likely that he knew about Charles' death in July and could have known about the move to Rexburg in August. What else he may have known is speculation on our part.
I know we've been wondering if Tammy knew Lori; I assume they did know each other, maybe not very well though, because of the camp out they were on together back in 2017 with a group of other preppers. The source is not from MSM, it's from a poster at LDSFF who was at the Campout. She said Chad, Tammy and Lori were in attendance and since Lori became a fan of Chad's books in at least 2015, one would assume if she hadn't already met him, she would have introduced herself to him there and likely would have also met his wife. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592