Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connecticut attorney Norm Pattis said Wednesday he’s had several book and movie offers to tell the story of his former client, murder suspect Fotis Dulos.
Pattis, lead attorney for Dulos, said he will still proceed with efforts to get a trial, despite Dulos’ death, and despite acknowledging there’s only a slim chance of success. And then, if those avenues do not pan out, the New Haven-based attorney said he will consider other options for telling Dulos’ story.
“I have been approached about movie rights and book offers around the case,” he said. “There have been several offers, but I’m not counting.”
When asked what he’d say to critics who saw his legal strategy as a publicity stunt, Pattis had no comment.
Pattis said Wednesday he hadn’t dismissed the idea of taking up some of the offers, but that such deals were still “a long way off.”
“Mr. Dulos’ story will be told,” he said. “This is not over by any means.”
Dulos was charged with murder, felony murder and kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of his wife, Jennifer Dulos. He died by suicide Jan. 30. His wife has not been found, but is presumed dead based on blood evidence found in her garage, media reports say, citing the police warrant.

Lawyer Mulls Movie Offers, Book Deals After Defending Murder Suspect Fotis Dulos | Connecticut Law Tribune

Here is an article with some quotes from Pattis on the AJ and Chaz interview on July 10 that has always stood out to me. Here Pattis parrots the alibi scripts, with a little twist that it was a banker, not a lawyer, that FD met with in the morning. I guess maybe KM wasn’t holding up his part of the bargain already there, and there needed to be an edit to the alibi script.
The part that’s always stood out to me is that NP said that LE didn’t have video of FD leaving the front of 4JC or entering Welles, so then they were looking for video of him leaving out the back. NP must have cleared this (or in fact gotten it from) FD, although NP is such a frequent and now reliable source of lies and blather that who knows.
Was this the start of trying to pin it on KM perhaps? In this interview was where NP started saying they had an explanation for the Albany bags but they weren’t going to give it until the time was right.

Did FD sleep at 80MS the night of the 23rd? ETA: no, don’t think so. His phone alarm went off at 4:20am and was switched off at 4:21. Most likely FD himself switched this off so he was with his phone at that time. His phone was at 4JC that morning, so if he slept at 80MS, then he would have had to drop the phone back at 4JC which would defeat the point of him sleeping at 80MS. So likely he was with phone at 4JC at 4:20am and then left from there over to 80MS. Maybe he ran, which could be why he went out running in the morning first thing when he got out of jail the first time, so If he was caught running on video it would look normal.
Or maybe took the motorbike on the paths back there too as another option to get to 80MS. And then used the motorbike to get back to 4JC for lunch with Michi.

When did FD take his bike from the hook in 4JC garage where it usually hung, over to 80MS? Was that the quick run and stop at 80MS on the way to get meat the evening of the 23rd? He called KM at that time. Or did he bike over there in the morning of the 24th, being careful not to get caught on surveillance in front of 4JC?
Wording in AW3 makes it sound like LE believes KM was at 4JC the morning of 5/24, it says that KM “admitted” he was at 4JC that morning. But KM could have been involved after he left 4JC that morning.

From the article:

“Pattis said Troconis could testify that she saw Fotis Dulos in the Jefferson Crossing home during the time his wife disappeared. However, Troconis is unlikely to testify if she is facing charges, Pattis said.

Fotis Dulos met with a banker that morning and fielded a phone call from Greece, Pattis said.

Pattis told Chaz and AJ that he believes the police do not have video of his client leaving from the front of the Jefferson Crossing house or entering his estranged wife’s New Canaan home the morning she went missing.

“The video does not show him leaving or entering the homes that are necessary,” said Pattis, who told the radio personalities that he has sources close to the investigation that are providing him with information.

Police are now looking for videos that would show his client leaving from a back entrance of the Farmington home and entering the New Canaan house from the rear, he said.

Pattis is confident that records will show his client’s cellphone didn’t leave the Farmington house that morning.

“His cellphone remained at home. The prosecution will say he may have left it home,” Pattis told Chaz and AJ.

But Pattis said he doesn’t yet have the phone records.”
Jennifer Dulos case: Defense waiting for ‘smoking gun’ evidence

Its interesting to look at these old Atty. P. interviews and I do wonder if he will reevaluate his choices in the future to speak with the Press on an active case? I doubt it as no matter how much time he spends on the couch with his therapist, learning from past choices doesn't seem to be his strong suit IMO. But, IMO he should and this interview to me is the perfect example of why these interviews were such a bad choice for the defense and how the progressive effect of this ongoing nonsense spewing to the Press simply sunk his client IMO.

What is so fascinating is that we see Atty. P. and Dave Alimari mimicking the 'alibi scripts' up until the time of the Civil Trial (even after they knew Fd has been lying from jump IMO). By then IMO Atty. P. and Atty Smith had to have known for a good long while that Fd had been lying to them all along about virtually everything. I do wonder if Fd told his atty's the truth about anything ever? Or, was the truth simply not something that was possible for Fd to face or even speak about? IDK. I'm not sure though that the answer to having a liar as a client is to then turn around and lie every faster and harder to the Press and the Public about the case? I guess I have seen too many masterful defense attorneys for whom I have great respect work brilliantly to create doubt while never uttering a lie. Its an art and IMO you either have the chops to do it or you don't and IMO Atty. P. simply doesn't have the skill and so had to resort to the Barnum Circus Act and extreme victim shaming.

But, when you roll back the clock and start reading these Atty. P. and Chaz/AJ scripts and the DA articles it really to me demonstrates that Atty. P. did zero to verify anything that his client had told him. LE and Atty Colangelo very smartly took the Atty. P. comments and one by one picked them off in the AWs (and later the SWs) over the months until Atty. P. and Fd really had no alibi, no alternative theories and damning circumstantial evidence that would be hard for a jury to dismiss IMO.

If I recall the timeframe of this interview was during a period where Atty. P. was pushing the State hard for discovery materials and really IMO was poking the bear quite hard. It was all quite ridiculous for him to do this as each AW simply presented more and more information that IMO would become eventually impossible for Fd to believe that LE had found out. But, I think by the time AW3 rolled around, it was clear to Fd that there would be no squeaking out of the murder charge as the evidence was simply too damning. My suspicion is that Fd saw with AW3 that he was in a mess that was created by Atty. P. (whether Fd would fess up to the impact of his lying over time is unknown) and then the fiasco of the memorial desecration happened and Fd was totally exposed with no place to go except back to jail due to the bond fraud. I would very much like to know why Atty. P. simply didn't stop talking about the case from the second he realised Fd was a pathological liar (ditto for Atty Bowman allowing MT to do 3 long interviews with LE where she proved herself to also be a pathological liar)!

The hypocrisy of Atty. P. in terms of chastising the State for its expansion of the Fd motive to include the trust accounts of the children in AW3 is something that IMO is good for a giggle or two. The financial angle presented by the State was clearly connected to the ending the Family Court situation angle in a very direct way. Atty. P. has put up at least 6 absolutely nonsense IMO major explanations for the JFd missing case and at times looked hysterical and discombobulated in his scatter shot approach with the Press when discussing the case. He kept screaming about the discredited psych report long after that 'ship had sailed' and he was left looking like a bumbling fool in a sad sack suit and sneakers!

IMO the nonsense we heard in Court this week from Atty. P. when then nolle was granted by Judge White is simply a continuation of all that Atty. P. has done since this case started and its based in smoke and mirrors and sits soundly on a foundation of quicksand IMO.

What I do find so hard to take seriously about Atty. P. is that I many times simply question whether he has the best interests of his client in mind ever. The entire 'bags dropped on the lawn at 4Jx' is just another classic example of this IMO. Ok, going with this incredible 'theory' of the bags being dropped off and assuming further that Fd knew who dropped the bags off, wouldn't many attys attempt to use this information to broker a deal with LE especially when their client is protesting his innocence? Perhaps the story could be sold to LE that Fd was scared when he saw the bags the so his instinct was to dump the contents rather than contact LE at the time? IDK, the whole scenario being presented by Atty. P. per usual doesn't fit with the pattern of behaviour that we saw from Fd. Fd never demonstrated any interest in helping find Jfd, didn't express any sadness about the situation, never identified the infamous 3rd party and simply seemed fixated at the time in the early days of the case with filing for custody of his 5 children IMO. The idea that Atty. P. was going to put Fd on the stand at his eventual trial to 'explain' all this about the bags etc. is simply not credible and the fact that Fd gassed himself to death rather than face the trial tells me everything I need to know about Atty. P. and any of these 'recent revelations'. Any cards Atty. P. had IMO should have been played ages ago and now both he and his late client simply have zero credibility.

As we've discussed so many times, Fd showed up 3 hrs late at NCPD for his initial interview with no explanation to LE and then proceeded to say nothing and was absolutely uncooperative. It seems like if there were any grain of truth to this 'bag drop off story' that the time to play that card was early in the process and not now and certainly not wait to trial. So, I call absolute BS on this Atty. P. theory and per usual it was presented with no information to substantiate it. Knowing what a control freak Fd was, wouldn't you think that he would have taken many many pictures of the trash to document it? IDK, but I think he would have.

Fd never spoke with LE, even after he was represented by Atty. P. Atty. P. said yet again this week in Court that Fd was unavailable to LE due to his decision to take the 5th (this was after a prior statement where I believe he said Fd could be available to speak with LE); entire situation is lunacy IMO. It just seems that at every turn in this case where the possible opening existed to possibly broker a deal or meet with LE that Atty. P. manoeuvred things to make sure this wouldn't happen and so we see Fd never cooperating with LE. IMO its hard to figure out whether Atty. P. set his client up to fail by virtue of his 'advice' being to stay silent to LE YET speaking with Dateline and Sarah Wallace. I guess in my mind the 'stay silent' strategy would work best if BOTH Fd and Atty. P. had been silent but they never did and we saw violation after violation of the 'gag order' and the ultimate violation were the Greek Interviews. By virtue of Atty. P. speaking and his never ending and endless stories that simply made no sense, I think he sunk his client and eliminated any possibility of a deal or plea which given the circumstances was probably in the best interests of Fd in terms of time served.

Some days I can see why Atty Colangelo never spoke to the Press as when dealing with folks like Fd and Atty. P. there is no way that any comments wouldn't be totally twisted and the situation made much worse. I guess its also a function of integrity of counsel as well. Perhaps if Fd had had a different attorney that operated with integrity and coloured inside the lines then perhaps the outcome here would have or could have been quite different. It's hard to see any value in speaking with a defendant or their counsel who really have no concept of truth and really had zero interest in returning the body of JFd to her family or assisting in the investigation in any manner. I do believe that a different defense counsel could have delivered a much better result for Fd and certainly might have brought a different level of integrity to bear for the State to work with as they prosecuted the case.

IMO Fd knew what the outcome of his eventual trial would have been and it does make me profoundly sad that his attorney team of Atty. P. and Atty Smith can't acknowledge the same as that means that the mistakes made in this defense will be repeated with other clients who IMO deserve so much better.

MOO

IDK why but the idea of Atty. P. somehow profiting from the death of either JFd or Fd is something that I am having a tough time processing.

I also question why Atty. P. would be the right person to tell any story about what happened to JFd or even Fd as in my mind both he and his client never really told the truth about much of anything? I guess there is the genre of 'fictionalised stories' or perhaps 'fantasy' so perhaps Atty. P. might fit in there perhaps? IDK, but I'm not convinced Atty. P. knows anything before I'm not convinced Fd told him anything.

Interesting times and I do wonder if Atty. P. isn't pursuing these 'opportunities' for fear of poking GF? If I had to place a bet on who would win a legal slugfest between Atty. P. and GF, hands down my money would be on GF to win in a total bloodbath!

MOO

Last edited:
03/04/2020

This notification is brought to you by Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This e-mail is to inform you about a change involving the defendant FOTIS DULOS and docket number FST CR190148554T. The case will not be prosecuted and has been marked nolle prosequi as of 03/03/2020.
@Niner...RE: Fd case.

I recall reading that the Bar or Statewide Grievance Cmte has the statutory authority to audit attorney escrow accounts without notice at any time (not only when a lawyer is suspended). IMO in the interest of justice (in both the criminal cases and the Farber civil case) they should also audit the accounts of attorneys Pattis, Rochlin and Murray to find out who was paying their legal fees re FD. See links below re money laundering and attorney escrow accounts.

Reputation is Everything: Why Lawyers Should Take a Closer Look Inward at Money Laundering Risk | Exiger

Reputation is Everything: Why Lawyers Should Take a Closer Look Inward at Money Laundering Risk

Here is an article with some quotes from Pattis on the AJ and Chaz interview on July 10 that has always stood out to me. Here Pattis parrots the alibi scripts, with a little twist that it was a banker, not a lawyer, that FD met with in the morning. I guess maybe KM wasn’t holding up his part of the bargain already there, and there needed to be an edit to the alibi script.
The part that’s always stood out to me is that NP said that LE didn’t have video of FD leaving the front of 4JC or entering Welles, so then they were looking for video of him leaving out the back. NP must have cleared this (or in fact gotten it from) FD, although NP is such a frequent and now reliable source of lies and blather that who knows.
Was this the start of trying to pin it on KM perhaps? In this interview was where NP started saying they had an explanation for the Albany bags but they weren’t going to give it until the time was right.

Did FD sleep at 80MS the night of the 23rd? ETA: no, don’t think so. His phone alarm went off at 4:20am and was switched off at 4:21. Most likely FD himself switched this off so he was with his phone at that time. His phone was at 4JC that morning, so if he slept at 80MS, then he would have had to drop the phone back at 4JC which would defeat the point of him sleeping at 80MS. So likely he was with phone at 4JC at 4:20am and then left from there over to 80MS. Maybe he ran, which could be why he went out running in the morning first thing when he got out of jail the first time, so If he was caught running on video it would look normal.
Or maybe took the motorbike on the paths back there too as another option to get to 80MS. And then used the motorbike to get back to 4JC for lunch with Michi.

When did FD take his bike from the hook in 4JC garage where it usually hung, over to 80MS? Was that the quick run and stop at 80MS on the way to get meat the evening of the 23rd? He called KM at that time. Or did he bike over there in the morning of the 24th, being careful not to get caught on surveillance in front of 4JC?
Wording in AW3 makes it sound like LE believes KM was at 4JC the morning of 5/24, it says that KM “admitted” he was at 4JC that morning. But KM could have been involved after he left 4JC that morning.

From the article:

“Pattis said Troconis could testify that she saw Fotis Dulos in the Jefferson Crossing home during the time his wife disappeared. However, Troconis is unlikely to testify if she is facing charges, Pattis said.

Fotis Dulos met with a banker that morning and fielded a phone call from Greece, Pattis said.

Pattis told Chaz and AJ that he believes the police do not have video of his client leaving from the front of the Jefferson Crossing house or entering his estranged wife’s New Canaan home the morning she went missing.

“The video does not show him leaving or entering the homes that are necessary,” said Pattis, who told the radio personalities that he has sources close to the investigation that are providing him with information.

Police are now looking for videos that would show his client leaving from a back entrance of the Farmington home and entering the New Canaan house from the rear, he said.

Pattis is confident that records will show his client’s cellphone didn’t leave the Farmington house that morning.

“His cellphone remained at home. The prosecution will say he may have left it home,” Pattis told Chaz and AJ.

But Pattis said he doesn’t yet have the phone records.”
Jennifer Dulos case: Defense waiting for ‘smoking gun’ evidence

IMO
FD would definitely enter and leave back routes, to all houses. FD wasn't going to chance having a neighbor see him, even early people walk dogs and run really early in the morning, forget about the video problems. Someone mentioned LE has video from a neighbor of him cutting thru down in New Canaan.
I totally believe KM was with him in the early morning before he went down, and/or the nigh before when he made his infamous "meat" run.....
IMO

Connecticut attorney Norm Pattis said Wednesday he’s had several book and movie offers to tell the story of his former client, murder suspect Fotis Dulos.
Pattis, lead attorney for Dulos, said he will still proceed with efforts to get a trial, despite Dulos’ death, and despite acknowledging there’s only a slim chance of success. And then, if those avenues do not pan out, the New Haven-based attorney said he will consider other options for telling Dulos’ story.
“I have been approached about movie rights and book offers around the case,” he said. “There have been several offers, but I’m not counting.”
When asked what he’d say to critics who saw his legal strategy as a publicity stunt, Pattis had no comment.
Pattis said Wednesday he hadn’t dismissed the idea of taking up some of the offers, but that such deals were still “a long way off.”
Dulos was charged with murder, felony murder and kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of his wife, Jennifer Dulos. He died by suicide Jan. 30. His wife has not been found, but is presumed dead based on blood evidence found in her garage, media reports say, citing the police warrant.

Lawyer Mulls Movie Offers, Book Deals After Defending Murder Suspect Fotis Dulos | Connecticut Law Tribune
Well of course he has, because he pays a PR firm what is I’m sure a hefty sum to aggressively seek out movie rights and book offers for him as well as to spin up all other kinds of publicity. Maggie Jessup must have been blinded by the stars, I mean dollar signs, in her eyes when FD went down via CO suicide. Just look at what she sent to PR Newswire- “Death By Mass Hysteria”...
Fotis Dulos Family Statement re Death by Mass Hysteria - Call for Judiciary System Action
Law Firm PR, Marketing & Branding | Elite Lawyer Management

Yup, FD’s death right up there with celebrity mass hysteria events like the Salem witch trials. With NP playing the witch (I was the one that posted the uncanny comparison between NP and Margaret Hamilton, aka Wicked Witch of the West circa 1939, a few threads back). I can see the scene with NPs new blue sneakers sticking out from the foundation of 4JC now. But will his hair melt when Judge White throws the bucket of cold water on him....? Will the closing scene be a beleaguered squirrel sitting dazedly in a pool of fetid water?

Well of course he has, because he pays a PR firm what is I’m sure a hefty sum to aggressively seek out movie rights and book offers for him as well as to spin up all other kinds of publicity. Maggie Jessup must have been blinded by the stars, I mean dollar signs, in her eyes when FD went down via CO suicide. Just look at what she sent to PR Newswire- “Death By Mass Hysteria”...
Fotis Dulos Family Statement re Death by Mass Hysteria - Call for Judiciary System Action
Law Firm PR, Marketing & Branding | Elite Lawyer Management

Yup, FD’s death right up there with celebrity mass hysteria events like the Salem witch trials. With NP playing the witch (I was the one that posted the uncanny comparison between NP and Margaret Hamilton, aka Wicked Witch of the West circa 1939, a few threads back). I can see the scene with NPs new blue sneakers sticking out from the foundation of 4JC now. But will his hair melt when Judge White throws the bucket of cold water on him....? Will the closing scene be a beleaguered squirrel sitting dazedly in a pool of fetid water?

Wasn't it the "court-appointed receiver" who called the cops when he found Rena & Co. trying to loot the joint?

Its interesting to look at these old Atty. P. interviews and I do wonder if he will reevaluate his choices in the future to speak with the Press on an active case? I doubt it as no matter how much time he spends on the couch with his therapist, learning from past choices doesn't seem to be his strong suit IMO. But, IMO he should and this interview to me is the perfect example of why these interviews were such a bad choice for the defense and how the progressive effect of this ongoing nonsense spewing to the Press simply sunk his client IMO.

What is so fascinating is that we see Atty. P. and Dave Alimari mimicking the 'alibi scripts' up until the time of the Civil Trial (even after they knew Fd has been lying from jump IMO). By then IMO Atty. P. and Atty Smith had to have known for a good long while that Fd had been lying to them all along about virtually everything. I do wonder if Fd told his atty's the truth about anything ever? Or, was the truth simply not something that was possible for Fd to face or even speak about? IDK. I'm not sure though that the answer to having a liar as a client is to then turn around and lie every faster and harder to the Press and the Public about the case? I guess I have seen too many masterful defense attorneys for whom I have great respect work brilliantly to create doubt while never uttering a lie. Its an art and IMO you either have the chops to do it or you don't and IMO Atty. P. simply doesn't have the skill and so had to resort to the Barnum Circus Act and extreme victim shaming.

But, when you roll back the clock and start reading these Atty. P. and Chaz/AJ scripts and the DA articles it really to me demonstrates that Atty. P. did zero to verify anything that his client had told him. LE and Atty Colangelo very smartly took the Atty. P. comments and one by one picked them off in the AWs (and later the SWs) over the months until Atty. P. and Fd really had no alibi, no alternative theories and damning circumstantial evidence that would be hard for a jury to dismiss IMO.

If I recall the timeframe of this interview was during a period where Atty. P. was pushing the State hard for discovery materials and really IMO was poking the bear quite hard. It was all quite ridiculous for him to do this as each AW simply presented more and more information that IMO would become eventually impossible for Fd to believe that LE had found out. But, I think by the time AW3 rolled around, it was clear to Fd that there would be no squeaking out of the murder charge as the evidence was simply too damning. My suspicion is that Fd saw with AW3 that he was in a mess that was created by Atty. P. (whether Fd would fess up to the impact of his lying over time is unknown) and then the fiasco of the memorial desecration happened and Fd was totally exposed with no place to go except back to jail due to the bond fraud. I would very much like to know why Atty. P. simply didn't stop talking about the case from the second he realised Fd was a pathological liar (ditto for Atty Bowman allowing MT to do 3 long interviews with LE where she proved herself to also be a pathological liar)!

The hypocrisy of Atty. P. in terms of chastising the State for its expansion of the Fd motive to include the trust accounts of the children in AW3 is something that IMO is good for a giggle or two. The financial angle presented by the State was clearly connected to the ending the Family Court situation angle in a very direct way. Atty. P. has put up at least 6 absolutely nonsense IMO major explanations for the JFd missing case and at times looked hysterical and discombobulated in his scatter shot approach with the Press when discussing the case. He kept screaming about the discredited psych report long after that 'ship had sailed' and he was left looking like a bumbling fool in a sad sack suit and sneakers!

IMO the nonsense we heard in Court this week from Atty. P. when then nolle was granted by Judge White is simply a continuation of all that Atty. P. has done since this case started and its based in smoke and mirrors and sits soundly on a foundation of quicksand IMO.

What I do find so hard to take seriously about Atty. P. is that I many times simply question whether he has the best interests of his client in mind ever. The entire 'bags dropped on the lawn at 4Jx' is just another classic example of this IMO. Ok, going with this incredible 'theory' of the bags being dropped off and assuming further that Fd knew who dropped the bags off, wouldn't many attys attempt to use this information to broker a deal with LE especially when their client is protesting his innocence? Perhaps the story could be sold to LE that Fd was scared when he saw the bags the so his instinct was to dump the contents rather than contact LE at the time? IDK, the whole scenario being presented by Atty. P. per usual doesn't fit with the pattern of behaviour that we saw from Fd. Fd never demonstrated any interest in helping find Jfd, didn't express any sadness about the situation, never identified the infamous 3rd party and simply seemed fixated at the time in the early days of the case with filing for custody of his 5 children IMO. The idea that Atty. P. was going to put Fd on the stand at his eventual trial to 'explain' all this about the bags etc. is simply not credible and the fact that Fd gassed himself to death rather than face the trial tells me everything I need to know about Atty. P. and any of these 'recent revelations'. Any cards Atty. P. had IMO should have been played ages ago and now both he and his late client simply have zero credibility.

As we've discussed so many times, Fd showed up 3 hrs late at NCPD for his initial interview with no explanation to LE and then proceeded to say nothing and was absolutely uncooperative. It seems like if there were any grain of truth to this 'bag drop off story' that the time to play that card was early in the process and not now and certainly not wait to trial. So, I call absolute BS on this Atty. P. theory and per usual it was presented with no information to substantiate it. Knowing what a control freak Fd was, wouldn't you think that he would have taken many many pictures of the trash to document it? IDK, but I think he would have.

Fd never spoke with LE, even after he was represented by Atty. P. Atty. P. said yet again this week in Court that Fd was unavailable to LE due to his decision to take the 5th (this was after a prior statement where I believe he said Fd could be available to speak with LE); entire situation is lunacy IMO. It just seems that at every turn in this case where the possible opening existed to possibly broker a deal or meet with LE that Atty. P. manoeuvred things to make sure this wouldn't happen and so we see Fd never cooperating with LE. IMO its hard to figure out whether Atty. P. set his client up to fail by virtue of his 'advice' being to stay silent to LE YET speaking with Dateline and Sarah Wallace. I guess in my mind the 'stay silent' strategy would work best if BOTH Fd and Atty. P. had been silent but they never did and we saw violation after violation of the 'gag order' and the ultimate violation were the Greek Interviews. By virtue of Atty. P. speaking and his never ending and endless stories that simply made no sense, I think he sunk his client and eliminated any possibility of a deal or plea which given the circumstances was probably in the best interests of Fd in terms of time served.

Some days I can see why Atty Colangelo never spoke to the Press as when dealing with folks like Fd and Atty. P. there is no way that any comments wouldn't be totally twisted and the situation made much worse. I guess its also a function of integrity of counsel as well. Perhaps if Fd had had a different attorney that operated with integrity and coloured inside the lines then perhaps the outcome here would have or could have been quite different. It's hard to see any value in speaking with a defendant or their counsel who really have no concept of truth and really had zero interest in returning the body of JFd to her family or assisting in the investigation in any manner. I do believe that a different defense counsel could have delivered a much better result for Fd and certainly might have brought a different level of integrity to bear for the State to work with as they prosecuted the case.

IMO Fd knew what the outcome of his eventual trial would have been and it does make me profoundly sad that his attorney team of Atty. P. and Atty Smith can't acknowledge the same as that means that the mistakes made in this defense will be repeated with other clients who IMO deserve so much better.

MOO

You know, I actually think that all of this ridiculous nonsense that Pattis treated us to yesterday is a peek into his brain-he loses so many of these hopeless cases and I think each one is just him banging his head against the wall, thinking he is smart enough to win one of them, and he never does. He wouldn’t have won this one, either, but he believes that he would have. So he is attempting to “win” it, even though it’s over for him, and for Fd. His big mouth is, however, getting in the way of a fair trial for MT and KM...I have absolutely no respect for those two, but they have the right to expect a fair trial, and the redemption Pattis seeks for Fd, but really for himself, is outrageous in a lot of ways. I read that he is finally going to shut up; somebody smarter than he must have told him to stop talking about how this all occurred-especially since MT has already told various stories, but not this one, and he has no idea what evidence LE has collected and turned over to the prosecutor’s office. He doesn’t appear to be a good lawyer at all; he seems to only be a bar member and a big mouth.

Last edited:
I recall reading that the Bar or Statewide Grievance Cmte has the statutory authority to audit attorney escrow accounts without notice at any time (not only when a lawyer is suspended). IMO in the interest of justice (in both the criminal cases and the Farber civil case) they should also audit the accounts of attorneys Pattis, Rochlin and Murray to find out who was paying their legal fees re FD. See links below re money laundering and attorney escrow accounts.

Reputation is Everything: Why Lawyers Should Take a Closer Look Inward at Money Laundering Risk | Exiger

Reputation is Everything: Why Lawyers Should Take a Closer Look Inward at Money Laundering Risk

Well, it IS Connecticut-I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for an unexpected audit...

The criminal case against Fotis Dulos is on its last legs. In light of his death, the state has chosen not to pursue the charges he faced for the alleged murder of his estranged wife, Jennifer. But FOX61 has learned his defense team may still pursue non-criminal lawsuits.
“Potential suits that he may have and other potential claims. Malicious prosecution, wrongful death and potentially malpractice,” said Attorney Kevin Smith.
A legal malpractice lawsuit would center around Fotis’ cell phone. The phone that he handed over to New Canaan Police the first time he met with them.
“The conduct of his lawyer in giving a phone up, asking for it back and the police not returning it tells us everything we needed to know,” said Pattis, who believes Fotis Dulos was the victim of a law enforcement conspiracy.
According to the warrant, as Dulos was emptying his pockets in front of New Canaan Police he was muttering, “where is my phone.” Dulos' attorney at the time was Jacob Pyetranker. He was in possession of Fotis’ cell phone and handed it back to Fotis in front of New Canaan Police.
“That's not the best practice,” remarked Attorney Jim Bergenn of Shipman & Goodwin.
A detective asked to see the phone. The warrant says, “Dulos handed over the phone with no apparent hesitation.” It continues, “Pyetranker asserted that police had no grounds to seize the cellphone because they had no warrant.” But they both eventually walked out of the police department and the police kept the phone.
“Ultimately the phone should have been retained and mirrored. It could not have been destroyed or the lawyer would get in a heap of trouble, you are not supposed to destroy evidence,” said Bergenn.
Police claim they put the phone on airplane mode to disconnect it from the network and obtained a search warrant about six hours later. That’s when they confiscated a second cell phone of Dulos. That cell phone was used to trace Fotis to the Albany Avenue area of Hartford, where according to the warrant, Dulos was seen dumping bags of bloody items in storm drains. Pattis claims he has evidence the bags were first dropped at Dulos’ back door by a third party. He planned to call a witness at trial...
FOX61 also reached out to Attorney Pyetranker for a comment about his handling of Dulos' cell phone. As of the time this story was published, we have not heard back.

Pattis & Smith may pursue legal malpractice lawsuit on behalf of Fotis Dulos

Surprise, surprise.

This is absolutely disgusting and breaks my heart, for JD’s children. It’s just sickening to me.

IDK why but the idea of Atty. P. somehow profiting from the death of either JFd or Fd is something that I am having a tough time processing.

I also question why Atty. P. would be the right person to tell any story about what happened to JFd or even Fd as in my mind both he and his client never really told the truth about much of anything? I guess there is the genre of 'fictionalised stories' or perhaps 'fantasy' so perhaps Atty. P. might fit in there perhaps? IDK, but I'm not convinced Atty. P. knows anything before I'm not convinced Fd told him anything.

Interesting times and I do wonder if Atty. P. isn't pursuing these 'opportunities' for fear of poking GF? If I had to place a bet on who would win a legal slugfest between Atty. P. and GF, hands down my money would be on GF to win in a total bloodbath!

MOO
Let us pray!

Well, his cash cow is out of milk, so he needs to get $$$ from his creative lies SOMEhow. Moo.

"Dark humor"? That's the most disturbing thing yet about them.

Thanks for posting this sds71. I didn't "thank" the post as its contents are so disturbing...

Perhaps Pattis and Smith will file a lawsuit against themselves for legal malpractice. The fact NP was in D.C. chasing another "cause" on which to hang his forked tongue should cause him a certain amount of shame. Obviously his client was distressed as we're told Fd was calling the firm trying to set up bogus meetings to get out of the house. That doesn't sound like a man "handling" his new life experience. MOO...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member